facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 18, 2010, 07:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Year 1 - 2010 - Number 8 (go above WI)
Year 2 - 2011 - Number 7 (go above SL)
Year 3 - 2012 - Number 6 (go above Eng)
Year 4 - 2013 - Number 5 (go above Pak)
Year 5 - 2014 - Number 4 (go above NZ)

He thought this out pretty well.. !!
Started from the other side??
Old November 11, 2009, 07:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

5th odi er high lites ta asey naki kothao?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old November 11, 2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
5th odi er high lites ta asey naki kothao?
ESPN360.com- Replay section a paben Kabir bhai.
Old November 12, 2009, 12:54 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Attitude is great; but in the long run, say, after 5 years, we could go down to 12 or 15 in the rankings if Shakib stays on as captain - just because of his captaincy. Remember, he doesn't care much about the pace department in the team.

Also, from Ash-dependent-BD, we've all become Shakib-dependent-BD, so if he doesn't play - (ALLAH NA KORUK) for injury or something, we have a very big problem on our hands.

Does anybody remember - Shakib took a break from playing International cricket to appear in his SSC / HSC exam in 2008? I believe after finishing appearing in that exam, he has now become the player he is?
Old November 12, 2009, 12:59 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
Attitude is great; but in the long run, say, after 5 years, we could go down to 12 or 15 in the rankings if Shakib stays on as captain - just because of his captaincy
dudee how?
u think there's going to be 15 ODI and/or test playing nations in 5 years time?
Old November 13, 2009, 04:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
Attitude is great; but in the long run, say, after 5 years, we could go down to 12 or 15 in the rankings if Shakib stays on as captain - just because of his captaincy. Remember, he doesn't care much about the pace department in the team.
Now there's an interesting thought. I don't think we'd be slipping down under his captaincy, but his ignorance of fast bowlers will definitely hurt us. It will destroy confidence of all our fast bowlers. Bowling with one pacer against Zimbabwe has been very short-sighted. Don't get me wrong, I love winning..but how has it improved our spinners? I can see the negative effect on the pacers...don't think they were very happy...Come matches against India and Sri Lanka, I'd like to see if any spinner other than Sakib and Razzak can go for less than 6 an over. Even Sakib might get walloped. And now they don't have a backup pacer with experience.

Even though we have Rubel bowling at 88 mph with potential for reverse swing, Dollar bulldozing and getting a 5-for less than a day after getting off a plane, and Mahbubul swinging with control, he didn't think they were good enough. Its ok if he thought they weren't ready for this series, but really they should be given as many chances as possible b4 the WC.

Sakib, your team could not even stand up to ZImbabwe when given a sporting pacy wicket. Do you seriously think we can be a quality team with just a Mashrafee on crutches as our only pacer?

Good luck dude..I just hope your plans are long-term rather than short-term..bit like the whatmore case.
Old November 13, 2009, 05:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
Now there's an interesting thought. I don't think we'd be slipping down under his captaincy, but his ignorance of fast bowlers will definitely hurt us. It will destroy confidence of all our fast bowlers. Bowling with one pacer against Zimbabwe has been very short-sighted. Don't get me wrong, I love winning..but how has it improved our spinners? I can see the negative effect on the pacers...don't think they were very happy...Come matches against India and Sri Lanka, I'd like to see if any spinner other than Sakib and Razzak can go for less than 6 an over. Even Sakib might get walloped. And now they don't have a backup pacer with experience.

Even though we have Rubel bowling at 88 mph with potential for reverse swing, Dollar bulldozing and getting a 5-for less than a day after getting off a plane, and Mahbubul swinging with control, he didn't think they were good enough. Its ok if he thought they weren't ready for this series, but really they should be given as many chances as possible b4 the WC.

Sakib, your team could not even stand up to ZImbabwe when given a sporting pacy wicket. Do you seriously think we can be a quality team with just a Mashrafee on crutches as our only pacer?

Good luck dude..I just hope your plans are long-term rather than short-term..bit like the whatmore case.
Interesting that you say this. I see it as being exactly the opposite of what you described. I see the match against Zimbos as being his only chance to "let the pacers know" that what they have achieved is not good enough. That they have to try harder. It was a captain's statement that he made.

For now he needs Rubel to know that he needs to control his pace. He needs Mahbubul Alam to know that the weapons in his bowling arsenal are not enough for the international stage. He needs Dollar to know that he needs more control and improvement in his bowling and that he is a bowler and needs to get chosen for his bowling. And lastly, he needed to let Nazmul know that if he keeps improving like this, he could make ground in the National team!

More than anything else, it was a statement to his own bowlers. Just like he publicly spoke to his batsmen. Just like it seems he is putting pressure on "so called seniors" who are not performing but are known to be "legends".

I actually like this attitude for the moment. Its to break that barrier of a mindset that we have made for ourselves that we can not beat the elite. That we are weaker and they are superior. No wonder india looks down at us like we are 10 feet under the ground and they are 20 feet above! You go ahead Sakib! Break those barriers and crush them under your feet! Show the world that a Bangladeshi held both the worlds #1 spot for All-Rounder and the #1 spot for Bowler! Prove to your fellow mates that BD can achieve similar feats!

-I dream of the day when a BD player (hopefully Sakib) will hold all three of the #1 spots for rankings simultaneously
Old November 13, 2009, 11:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
Interesting that you say this. I see it as being exactly the opposite of what you described. I see the match against Zimbos as being his only chance to "let the pacers know" that what they have achieved is not good enough. That they have to try harder. It was a captain's statement that he made.

For now he needs Rubel to know that he needs to control his pace. He needs Mahbubul Alam to know that the weapons in his bowling arsenal are not enough for the international stage. He needs Dollar to know that he needs more control and improvement in his bowling and that he is a bowler and needs to get chosen for his bowling. And lastly, he needed to let Nazmul know that if he keeps improving like this, he could make ground in the National team!

More than anything else, it was a statement to his own bowlers. Just like he publicly spoke to his batsmen. Just like it seems he is putting pressure on "so called seniors" who are not performing but are known to be "legends".

I actually like this attitude for the moment. Its to break that barrier of a mindset that we have made for ourselves that we can not beat the elite. That we are weaker and they are superior. No wonder india looks down at us like we are 10 feet under the ground and they are 20 feet above! You go ahead Sakib! Break those barriers and crush them under your feet! Show the world that a Bangladeshi held both the worlds #1 spot for All-Rounder and the #1 spot for Bowler! Prove to your fellow mates that BD can achieve similar feats!

-I dream of the day when a BD player (hopefully Sakib) will hold all three of the #1 spots for rankings simultaneously
Actually I dislike to quote a whole post but for this instance I have to. "Excellent" would not do justice to this post.
Old November 13, 2009, 11:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
...he didn't think they were good enough. .....
1. They are not good enough (Rubel, Dolar) and we lost. Not only he but those who watched the game, opponents, fans everyone knows that.

2. Now the question is, was Shakib alone making decisions on having one pacer? I must disagree with you on this one.
Quote:
Its ok if he thought they weren't ready for this series, but really they should be given as many chances as possible b4 the WC.....
Why? You create strategies that would only benefit you (not your opponents). I would love to see all spinning tracks in coming WC and give England, SA a lesson that they will never forget.

Mash-Rasel are our frontline bowlers who are injured. When they come back we will be fine handling SL, Ind and others.
Old November 13, 2009, 11:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Mash-Rasel are our frontline bowlers who are injured. When they come back we will be fine handling SL, Ind and others.
But what if they turn out to be injured again

One has to think to think about the longterm.
Old November 12, 2009, 01:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Wishing all the best to Shakib.
Old November 13, 2009, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Interesting thoughts guys; and thanks for reminding me of our fast bowlers - I can go back to banging my head on the wall.
Old November 13, 2009, 11:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

In order to win cricket matches a team must play to their strengths. India/Pakistan still doesnt make fast bouncy pitches at home, And in the zim series our pacers just were not good enough, and our team management did the right thing by playing the 4/5 best bowlers we have. We cant take two pacers only for the sake of it. In order to win matches we have to pick the best 5 bowlers, they may all be pacers or spinners. The bottom line is that particular bowling line up must be capable of taking 20 wickets in a test
Old November 13, 2009, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
We cant take two pacers only for the sake of it. In order to win matches we have to pick the best 5 bowlers, they may all be pacers or spinners.
you will NEVER beat a big team with a single pacer.

I dont know why people are so stubborn/ignorant to this fact.
Old November 13, 2009, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
you will NEVER beat a big team with a single pacer.

I dont know why people are so stubborn/ignorant to this fact.
How many teams have played against a "Big team" with one pacer?
I don't think you can provide sufficient data to support your claim.
Old November 13, 2009, 02:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
How many teams have played against a "Big team" with one pacer?
I don't think you can provide sufficient data to support your claim.
How many times have we sent a rocket into outer space running on jello.
Old November 13, 2009, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend

i wana c tamim hitting 6 sixes agaist ishant
Old October 18, 2010, 07:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Thought I should dig this old thread out.....

Shakib's targeted BD to be at least on number 5 in the ranking in 5 years time since Nov 2009. One year on, BD is on 8 (ignoring the decimel places) and he is on target. Good luck Shakib!
Old October 18, 2010, 09:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

As I said, IceMan>Nostradamus
Old October 19, 2010, 06:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

On a more realistic note, BD should try to hold on to NO 8 position in the next 2 years, will be difficult for them to go above that, though i am hoping that they can achieve at least No 7 spot, but they will have to improve on their batting. Seems that they are gelling with the fielding and bowling and they will get better, but batting is below par, they have to put more than 250 runs on the board in an ODI.
Old October 19, 2010, 08:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Bangladesh lost to Ireland, Zimbabwe, and all other top 8 teams...including series loss against the torn apart Pak team. Only notable mention is the torn apart WI team...yeah that's a lot of fun.

Summer '10 --> Bangladesh looses to Netherlands, comprehensively

Fall '10 --> Bangladesh wins series against New Zealand, comprehensively

And now we're still thinking that we're cruising on our way...

Not sure if things add up...
Old October 19, 2010, 09:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Bangladesh lost to Ireland, Zimbabwe, and all other top 8 teams...including series loss against the torn apart Pak team. Only notable mention is the torn apart WI team...yeah that's a lot of fun.

And now we're still thinking that we're cruising on our way...

Not sure if things add up...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 19, 2010, 09:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir

Not to forget 2-1 in england.

Me thinks it may be because of exhaustion, especially the bowlers who had a tough and hectic season.

Test series->Asia cup->England ODIs->Associate tourneys all within a couple of months.
Old October 19, 2010, 09:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

In next two years we have to get 20 more ranking points to get into 90s rating point . Pak and Nz probably going to lose some points as their future looking quite messy from current perspective. So withing 3 years no. 6 is very much possible if we play well enough.
Then it will to take some time to get into no5 as point differences will be 20+ assuming no5 will have 110+ points. That will take two more years. Once we get there we can easily move upto no3 if we continue to play well as no5-no3 rotate like musical chair. I am expecting to take no.1 position withing next 6-7 years! Hopefully I will not be disappointed by tigers.
Old October 19, 2010, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

why can't we play pakstan no while they don' have asif and amir?