facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Vote Now - Your 2010 Cricketer Of The Year Is?
Shakib Al Hasan 56 82.35%
Tamim Iqbal Khan 12 17.65%
Abdur Razzak 0 0%
Mashrafe Bin Mortaza 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 8, 2010, 09:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Yup exactly. Unsurprisingly people have short memories. They forget how important the Tour of England was for us. We were greeted by a hostile English press who were questioning our ability to play at the highest level and Tamim single-handedly changed their perspective of Bangladesh cricket.

As for Shakib, I'm sorry "ordinary" was the wrong word. He had a good year but a few 50s by carelessly smashing everything on flat pitches isn't going to make him one of the greatest all-rounders of all-time, which is what I believe he should be aiming for. His bowling remains among the best in the World but it's about time he started pushing his batting average.
Shakib while did indeed have a poor time with the bat, did well with the ball. Far better than his figures suggest. He kept beating the batsman over after over. And what a sterotype that England wickets are all minefields In first test trott piled on runs and 2nd test, though was in slightly difficult conditions, was still batsmen friendly. And tamim didn't bat much under overcast conditions either.

See how easy it is to be an armchair critic? And more importantly iceman won you the matches, which tamim couldn't. Ordinary indeed.

Old December 8, 2010, 09:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Shakib while did indeed have a poor time with the bat, did well with the ball. Far better than his figures suggest. He kept beating the batsman over after over. And what a sterotype that England wickets are all minefields In first test trott piled on runs and 2nd test, though was in slightly difficult conditions, was still batsmen friendly. And tamim didn't bat much under overcast conditions either.

See how easy it is to be an armchair critic? And more importantly iceman won you the matches, which tamim couldn't. Ordinary indeed.
For me
Competing against England in England > Beating NZ at home
Old December 8, 2010, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
For me
Competing against England in England > Beating NZ at home
For me: A spinner taking 5 wickets against England away on a 1st and 2nd day wicket = Competing.

Last edited by shakibrulz; December 8, 2010 at 10:01 AM..
Old December 8, 2010, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
That's unfair actually. Tamim can't be blamed for having a bunch of sissies in the lineup who can't build on the kind of starts he (& kayes) provides. And how for gods sake is Kayes ahead of Tamim?
Kayes is ahead of Tamim because he gives his 100% most of the time. Having some sissies in the team actually imposes more responsibility to the capable ones. You score a century and then get out to lose the match does not make a good player.
Old December 8, 2010, 10:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Kayes is ahead of Tamim because he gives his 100% most of the time. Having some sissies in the team actually imposes more responsibility to the capable ones. You score a century and then get out to lose the match does not make a good player.
That sounds lame tbh, don't know what you mean by 100%? Tamim's an attacking opener, and that's the way to go. Don't let his attacking instincts fool you.
Old December 8, 2010, 10:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Oh no I'd much rather prefer a 150 ball 35 and then lose the match.
Old December 8, 2010, 10:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
That sounds lame tbh, don't know what you mean by 100%? Tamim's an attacking opener, and that's the way to go. Don't let his attacking instincts fool you.
Attacking and throwing wicket away ignoring the match condition are two different things. He usually does the second one. The positive thing is, with time he is improving on this and I wish him all the best for utilizing his abilities properly.
Old December 8, 2010, 11:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Attacking and throwing wicket away ignoring the match condition are two different things. He usually does the second one. The positive thing is, with time he is improving on this and I wish him all the best for utilizing his abilities properly.
That's the way he plays, and that's why he's effective. Sehwag is Sehwag because he attacks. He mostly throws his wicket away, but hey, that's what he is. And Tamim is just 21, he'll improve much more with time. But I can show you many instances where kayes threw his wicket away after starts too? Putting Kayes ahead of tamim is blashpehmy of highest order.
Old December 8, 2010, 12:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
That's the way he plays, and that's why he's effective. Sehwag is Sehwag because he attacks. He mostly throws his wicket away, but hey, that's what he is. And Tamim is just 21, he'll improve much more with time. But I can show you many instances where kayes threw his wicket away after starts too? Putting Kayes ahead of tamim is blashpehmy of highest order.

Tamim can be compared more with Gayle than with Sehwag. Being a part of a strong batting line up, Sehwag has a very good backup force. Tamim or Gayle does not have that luxury. This makes their contribution to the team more important. Just give me a Tendulkar and Gambhir in the team and I do not mind Tamim playing even like Afridi.
Old December 8, 2010, 12:51 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
I cannot believe you have selected Tamim for discussing rash shots! BD team is full of them. Tamim at least his everything solidly and gives less chances than the ones who don't make solid contacts.

Furthermore, Tamim's best scores came when he attacked the bowling with a vengeance. Whenever he started in defensive mindset, he eventually lost his wicket. However, he is the most talented batsman in the current team and is willing to learn (unlike some other talented batsman). I think we have seen nothing from Tamim yet. If he fulfills his promise, he will be one of the best opening batsman of all time. Whether he will, only time will tell.
Old December 8, 2010, 01:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Tamim can be compared more with Gayle than with Sehwag. Being a part of a strong batting line up, Sehwag has a very good backup force. Tamim or Gayle does not have that luxury. This makes their contribution to the team more important. Just give me a Tendulkar and Gambhir in the team and I do not mind Tamim playing even like Afridi.
Pun intended

BTW Sehwag was not even consistent as tamim when initially, but now he's a matchwinner for us. I'm sure Tamim will get better with age. But even if Tamim scores a 300, what's the use if rest can't muster up 100 runs? And you're being pretty harsh on the kid imo. You didn't say how Kayes is more responsible than tamim anyways?
Old December 8, 2010, 01:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Tamim = Score runs & gift wicket away.
Rest = Block Block Block and the inevitable brain fart.

Hence Tamim>Rest. Simples.
Old December 8, 2010, 03:19 PM
Banned for 1 month

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Aftab,A. Kapeli

Quote:
are you referering to sehwag when you mention "throws his wicket away" if you do, i think you have watched a different sehwag, and if you refer to Tamim I dont know any other openning batsmen in bangladesh who can bat better like him!
Old December 8, 2010, 03:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

This is my list:

Our best player: Shakib
2nd best: Tamim
3rd best: Mushfiqur
4th best: Very tough/None
5th best: None

we need at least 3-4 more top level players to have a decent team. I mean we need 11 top players to have a great team, but I was just saying with even 6-7 your chance of winning matches will much improve than the current only 3 which is of course better than 1 or none. I think Rokibul could be a star, he is far from it right now, but I believe he has that potential. Naeem might also have the potential to be a big star I believe.

I wander if future youth like Anamul, Shabbir, Noor could be real star and prove to fill these gaps that I see. I don't know./ I am just thinking.

Last edited by bujhee kom; December 8, 2010 at 03:56 PM..
Old December 14, 2010, 04:41 AM
Banned for 1 month

Guys, still time to change your mind? Tamim Voters, Vote Now, 95 was a good score!
Old December 14, 2010, 05:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamim Mia
Guys, still time to change your mind? Tamim Voters, Vote Now, 95 was a good score!
Shamim baijaan, Off topic Kapalir naamta tik vabe likun apnar fav list-e !!

Old December 14, 2010, 05:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamim Mia
Vai hoise. Apnake r Tamim er dalali korte hobe na.
Old December 14, 2010, 10:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Shakib : Winning captain and Man of the series vs. NZ in 4-0 series. Leading ODI wicket taker for 2010 (46). #1 ODI all rounder of the year. 2 centuries & 8 half centuries across the formats. Three 4-fors in ODIs and Two 5-fors in Tests. Crossed 100 ODI wicket mark and 100 ODI milestone

Tamim : Wisden Test cricketer of the year. Back to back centuries in Test matches. Five consecutive 50+ test innings. 151 vs. India (1st BD player to break 150 in both formats). Highest G8 score in ODIs (125). 4/11 in all formats for century/half century.

Kayes : Highest ODI run scorer for the year in ODI. 1/7 in all formats

Junaid : 2/7 across formats. Crossed 1K ODI mark

Razzak : Hatrick vs. ZIM. Man of the series vs. ZIM with 13 wickets. 1st to cross 150 ODI wicket mark

Shahadat : Two 5-fors and 1st on the Lords honour board

Mash : Winning captain and man of the match in win vs. ENG ODI

Mushy : 1/5 across formats and probably more drops/misses than dismissals

Mahmadullah : 1/5 across formats

Shuvo : man of the match vs. NZ

Rubel : Man of the match vs. NZ and 1 5-for in tests and 1 4-for in ODI

Shafiul : Three 4-fors in ODIsand test half century

Raqibul : 2 ODI half centuries

Ash : 1 half century in ODIs and one in T20

Nafees : 1 ODI half century

Naeem : 1 Test half century

my vote goes to Robiul Islam for his solitary test
Old December 15, 2010, 07:59 AM
Banned for 1 month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
Shamim baijaan, Off topic Kapalir naamta tik vabe likun apnar fav list-e !!

dont worry about the name
Old December 15, 2010, 08:00 AM
Banned for 1 month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
Shakib : Winning captain and Man of the series vs. NZ in 4-0 series. Leading ODI wicket taker for 2010 (46). #1 ODI all rounder of the year. 2 centuries & 8 half centuries across the formats. Three 4-fors in ODIs and Two 5-fors in Tests. Crossed 100 ODI wicket mark and 100 ODI milestone

Tamim : Wisden Test cricketer of the year. Back to back centuries in Test matches. Five consecutive 50+ test innings. 151 vs. India (1st BD player to break 150 in both formats). Highest G8 score in ODIs (125). 4/11 in all formats for century/half century.

Kayes : Highest ODI run scorer for the year in ODI. 1/7 in all formats

Junaid : 2/7 across formats. Crossed 1K ODI mark

Razzak : Hatrick vs. ZIM. Man of the series vs. ZIM with 13 wickets. 1st to cross 150 ODI wicket mark

Shahadat : Two 5-fors and 1st on the Lords honour board

Mash : Winning captain and man of the match in win vs. ENG ODI

Mushy : 1/5 across formats and probably more drops/misses than dismissals

Mahmadullah : 1/5 across formats

Shuvo : man of the match vs. NZ

Rubel : Man of the match vs. NZ and 1 5-for in tests and 1 4-for in ODI

Shafiul : Three 4-fors in ODIsand test half century

Raqibul : 2 ODI half centuries

Ash : 1 half century in ODIs and one in T20

Nafees : 1 ODI half century

Naeem : 1 Test half century

my vote goes to Robiul Islam for his solitary test