facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 29, 2008, 12:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default Eid Mubarak!! Eid-ul Fitr!!

Eid-ul-Fitr 1429 will be on October 1, 2008, Insha’Allah

The Fiqh Council of North America and the European Council for Fatwa and Research, after careful examination of the Shari'i sources and opinions of classical and modern scholars have concluded that it is permissible according to Shari'ah to use scientific calculations for determining the Islamic lunar months.
Following is the definitive astronomical scientific information for the end of Ramadan and the beginning of Shawwal this year:
  • The Astronomical New Moon (or conjunction) is on Monday, September 29, 2008 at 11:12 according to Makkah time. (It will be 8:12 GMT, 4:12 am EDT, 1:12 am PDT).
  • On September 29, 2008, the Astronomical New Moon occurs and sets before sunset in Makkah . This does not meet the criteria stated above (especially in “B” above).
On the basis of the above information the Fiqh Council of North America and the European Council for Fatwa and Research have announced that September 30th is the 30th day of Ramadan and Eid-ul-Fitr1429 will be on October 1st, 2008.

We urge our communities to be united in their celebrations and wish them Eid Mubarak.

http://www.isna.net/events/Special-A...D-AL-FITR.aspx

++++

Those who had taken care of your guest should be happy!! Others, all you can pray is may you have another chance to greet the guest again next year. To begin with, start forgiving your brothers for the sake of your Lord. May be you will be forgiven by Al-Khaliq (The Creator).

Old September 29, 2008, 12:46 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Eid Mubarak to you too Tigers_eye and all. Too bad its going to another of those eids where I have classes until 9 pm. Hope everyone will enjoy their eids though.
Old September 29, 2008, 01:19 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Eid Mubarak to all the brothers and sisters in BC. In UK we are celebrating Eid tomorrow.
Old September 29, 2008, 01:21 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Eid mubarok to all, whr can I get the song - Ramjer oi rojar sese elo khusir eid?
Old September 29, 2008, 01:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Eid Mubarak to all.....

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 29, 2008, 01:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

This is night before the Eid day. Eid Mubarak to All.

Specially those who have got eid er dress
Old September 29, 2008, 01:25 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Eid Mubarak to all.
Have the best Eid Ul Fitr with your friends and family, no matter where you are.

I think its time that the Muslim Ummah should get together and decided on a unified day to celebrate Eid.

Let's see how things shape up in Bangladesh tomorrow.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old September 29, 2008, 01:25 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Eid asley Hasan vai er ekta osadharon kobitar kotha mone pore-
Mon aj udasi aj,
mone nei tou kono saj,
eid ta elo bole ,
hasbo ami pran khule,
tobu az eka lage,
dur ei porbase,
Old September 29, 2008, 01:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Is it true that we shouldn't say Eid Mubarak before witnessing the moon or getting confirmation that the moon has been witnessed?
Old September 29, 2008, 01:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Eid Mubarak.
Old September 29, 2008, 01:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

Advanced Eid greetings to everyone
May Allah bless us.
Old September 29, 2008, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Eid Mubarak to all my brothers, sisters and friends in BanglaCricket! Try your best to make this Eid special for yourself, your family and also remember to help the un-previleged folks. And in Eid Jamaat after finshing your prayers please pray for a win for our beloved Tigers!
Old September 29, 2008, 02:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Eid-ul-Fitr 1429 will be on October 1, 2008, Insha’Allah

We urge our communities to be united in their celebrations and wish them Eid Mubarak.
ditto

Eid Mubarak to everybody
Old September 29, 2008, 02:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

a glorious eid mubarak to beloved mijan bhai and to all my BC family and friends! have a great feast!
go easy on the high fat stuff though! i hope nobody has stomach upset like i did last year's eid! not good!
i was eating heavily (thaisha) and then got super diarhoea! then Allah saved me and got well then i ate again til i passed out!
goodness, i like to eat good food!

thank Allah Mabud for giving us lives, eid and cricket!
may Allah keep the whole world safe, happy and well fed this eid ul-fitr!
may Allah bring peace, love and friendship in the world!
may Allah give us the strength and smartness to save and improve our environment and eco system!
Old September 29, 2008, 02:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

We are going to celebrate Eid tomorrow here in Qatar. The Ramadan ended on 29th as the new moon was seen by the Saudi Officials.

On this Eid day, we should remember all our relatives who have left us and should make special supplication for them. We should also pray to Allah for His acceptance of our month long siyaam and qiyaam.

Hope Eid Al Fitr will bring joy and happiness in the lives of all Muslims.

Eid Mubarak.
Old September 29, 2008, 02:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
a glorious eid mubarak to beloved mijan bhai and to all my BC family and friends! have a great feast!
go easy on the high fat stuff though! i hope nobody has stomach upset like i did last year's eid! not good!
i was eating heavily (thaisha) and then got super diarhoea! then Allah saved me and got well then i ate again til i passed out!
goodness, i like to eat good food!

thank Allah Mabud for giving us lives, eid and cricket!
may Allah keep the whole world safe, happy and well fed this eid ul-fitr!
may Allah bring peace, love and friendship in the world!
may Allah give us the strength and smartness to save and improve our environment and eco system!
May Allah Reduce the Oil price
May Allah make the bailout successful

Old September 29, 2008, 02:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Eid Mubarak to all BC members!

Inshallah , We will have another EID on 9th october this year.
Old September 29, 2008, 02:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Eid Mubarak Everyone
Old September 29, 2008, 03:23 PM

Eid Mubarak to all of you. Had I been in Canada, then I wouldve been among you lot too, and probably calling up friends and debating on whether tomorrow is really eid or not, since CIC says this, and ISNA says that, and torontomuslims.com says something inbetween! Once that'd be settled, I suppose we'd be asking around on who's going to go to the eid'er namaj at the Exhibition Place, and based on that plan to go for the eid prayers there as well.

But alas, I'm in Dhaka, and for us the 29th of Ramadan is on 30 September, therefore probably placing eid on the 1st of October. It'll be pretty homely I suppose with everyone very joyful and energetic; wearing new clothes, waking up early to the miking, having a shower and going to prayers like everyone else in the para moholla. Then followed by payesh, and firni and goodies from home, chachas, mamas, khalas, fuppus, neighbours etc.

I will however miss feeling like I'm part of a "special" (in a minority sense) crowd - to whom eid meant something, when most people around us there would never comprehend the innate associations eid had for us. It was about remembering the memories of what eid meant at home that we spent the day, trying to recreate it as best we could in those 24 hours among friends and for the few lucky, their relatives. It was a small and improvised celebration - to feel good. Maybe going go karting and shelling out that $35 on a nice meal. Eid was so private for me abroad, and thus I felt it to be more spiritual and closer to my heart.

Coming back to Dhaka, the materialism and consumerism of eid is overwhelming, the pretentiousness of those celebrating, the brash and loud approach by those to whom the day seems to belong, the outburst of squalor amidst the revelry and the apathy of the revellers, comes as a substantial sensory overload. With the parting of some fitrah, its as if we can all be absolved from not caring any more. Yes being in Dhaka city, I really miss the spirituality and private enjoyment of eid.

I long to be part of the smaller community that struggled to dignify their lives on this special day with their efforts at having a good, sharing & caring eid. A community as diverse as could be from bengali students to somali refugee grandfathers, and well-to-do pakistani doctors, and learned Egyptian scholars. They all made the effort to remember their roots and share eid with each other at the same time, somehow reaching across cultures and trying to give us an eid of hummus and fried chicken along with the payesh and haluwas. It didnt matter to them where that panjabi was from or how much it cost, it only mattered that to each of us eid meant something special and it was for us to give that warmth to each other!

I hope I'm proved wrong about eid in Dhaka, and I feel the spirituality tomorrow through the deeds of people around me, Insha'Allah.

May Allah Bless you all a Happy Eid. Jazak Allah Khair.
Old September 29, 2008, 03:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
We are going to celebrate Eid tomorrow here in Qatar. The Ramadan ended on 29th as the new moon was seen by the Saudi Officials.
Scientifically it was not possible to see the moon from Saudi Arabia after the sunset of the 29th Ramadan. I hope the officials can justify their Moon siting to Allah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran
Is it true that we shouldn't say Eid Mubarak before witnessing the moon or getting confirmation that the moon has been witnessed?
Back in the days, when there was uncertainty on could anyone witness the new moon or not, may be one could proclaim something like that. If one is insecure in saying Eid Mubarak before the moon siting, then he or she can say "Eid Mubarak, Inshallah".
Old September 29, 2008, 04:12 PM
Cricket Sage

eid mubarak everybodyy...hav a gud onee...this is the first eid i can't skip class...from masjid straight to class...
Old September 29, 2008, 04:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
.....But alas, I'm in Dhaka, and for us the 29th of Ramadan is on 30 September, therefore probably placing eid on the 1st of October. It'll be pretty homely I suppose with everyone very joyful and energetic; wearing new clothes, waking up early to the miking, having a shower and going to prayers like everyone else in the para moholla. Then followed by payesh, and firni and goodies from home, chachas, mamas, khalas, fuppus, neighbours etc.

I will however miss feeling like I'm part of a "special" (in a minority sense) crowd - to whom eid meant something, when most people around us there would never comprehend the innate associations eid had for us. It was about remembering the memories of what eid meant at home that we spent the day, trying to recreate it as best we could in those 24 hours among friends and for the few lucky, their relatives. It was a small and improvised celebration - to feel good. Maybe going go karting and shelling out that $35 on a nice meal. Eid was so private for me abroad, and thus I felt it to be more spiritual and closer to my heart.

Coming back to Dhaka, the materialism and consumerism of eid is overwhelming, the pretentiousness of those celebrating, the brash and loud approach by those to whom the day seems to belong, the outburst of squalor amidst the revelry and the apathy of the revellers, comes as a substantial sensory overload. With the parting of some fitrah, its as if we can all be absolved from not caring any more. Yes being in Dhaka city, I really miss the spirituality and private enjoyment of eid.

I long to be part of the smaller community that struggled to dignify their lives on this special day with their efforts at having a good, sharing & caring eid. A community as diverse as could be from bengali students to somali refugee grandfathers, and well-to-do pakistani doctors, and learned Egyptian scholars. They all made the effort to remember their roots and share eid with each other at the same time, somehow reaching across cultures and trying to give us an eid of hummus and fried chicken along with the payesh and haluwas. It didnt matter to them where that panjabi was from or how much it cost, it only mattered that to each of us eid meant something special and it was for us to give that warmth to each other!

I hope I'm proved wrong about eid in Dhaka, and I feel the spirituality tomorrow through the deeds of people around me, Insha'Allah.

May Allah Bless you all a Happy Eid. Jazak Allah Khair.
dear ammark bhai, what a beautiful way you express your feelings! i just wanted to say that i feel very much exactly the same way you feel in canada and now in dhaka! everything you said are on the mark and true! it makes me feel very depressed seeing the differnece in spirituality and material culture between the 70's when i was a kid growing up in dhaka and dhaka now! and i mean my own family, relatives they all changed a bit over the last thirty years from more of spiritual beings to more plastic materialistic beings! maybe Inshallah we all will find our way back to love, share, peace and family again!
eid mubarak and peace!
Old September 29, 2008, 04:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul

On this Eid day, we should remember all our relatives who have left us and should make special supplication for them. We should also pray to Allah for His acceptance of our month long siyaam and qiyaam.

Hope Eid Al Fitr will bring joy and happiness in the lives of all Muslims.

Eid Mubarak.
Following the Moon sighting in the middle east, our mosque has also declared Eid tomorrow. Why can't people stick to science?
Old September 29, 2008, 04:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
Following the Moon sighting in the middle east, our mosque has also declared Eid tomorrow. Why can't people stick to science?
Oh just the imagine the fun when we all move to Mars and the Earth and the Moon get blown to smithereens...
Old September 29, 2008, 05:27 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Eid Mubarak to all BanglaCricket members, visitors and well-wishers. May Allah bless all of us with His mercy and guide us to the straight path.