facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 4, 2010, 12:06 AM

Default Answer please BCB ...

আমরা এখানে একটা প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচও পেলাম না
Answer please...

--------------
----------------------------
-------------------- -------
--------------------------
--------------------
--- ------------------------
--------------

ইংল্যান্ড আমাদের দেশে গিয়ে যে চট্টগ্রাম বিভাগীয় স্টেডিয়ামে টেস্ট ম্যাচ, সেখানেই তিন দিনের প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচ খেলবে। একবার ভাবুন, ইংল্যান্ড কি লর্ডস টেস্টের আগে বাংলাদেশকে লর্ডসে প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচ খেলতে দেবে?
Answer please...

--------------
--------------------
--------------

টি-টোয়েন্টিটা আমাদের কাছে একেবারেই অচেনা লাগে। এই যে আট মাস পর এই ম্যাচটা খেললাম
Answer please...

--------------
--------------------
--------------

আমাদের হোম সিরিজে কোনো টি-টোয়েন্টি ম্যাচ থাকে না
Answer please....

--------------
--------------------
--------------

Please answer ^^^ and then start the blame game.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...-04/news/39917

Last edited by kalpurush; February 4, 2010 at 12:11 AM..

Old February 4, 2010, 12:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

lol, curator is a ghagu lok. Hopefully they would play in two different wicket. I would make the practice match pitch as greep top.

KP bhai, Apneyo asen. You think they will answer you?
Old February 4, 2010, 12:50 AM
Cricket Guru

As I said in another thread, I don't think Mahbub Anam or Enayet Siraj (executives chiefs of BCB) have thought out how the haphazard international scheduling this spring-summer will effect our team.

Lotus is just there to award tenders to his party goons and to bully players, so can't blame him here.
Old February 4, 2010, 12:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

We should have had practice matches. That is a valid question. BCB is to blame here.

But not playing enough T20 does not have relation with yesterday's disaster. No team is playing T20 regularly and also no team wants to play this format regularly in international arena. We also had a domestic T20 league. So, we must have some clue how to play this format. Players had no clue whatsoever.
Old February 4, 2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
As I said in another thread, I don't think Mahbub Anam or Enayet Siraj (executives chiefs of BCB) have thought out how the haphazard international scheduling this spring-summer will effect our team.

Lotus is just there to award tenders to his party goons and to bully players, so can't blame him here.
If they can't...., they shouldn't be there...
Old February 4, 2010, 01:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
But not playing enough T20 does not have relation with yesterday's disaster. No team is playing T20 regularly and also no team wants to play this format regularly in international arena.
England, South Africa, NZ, India, Pakistan and Aus play plenty of T20I they always find a way to fit in 2 or 3 per tour.

It's Pathetic! That Bangladesh have only hosted 1 T20I since it's conception, and that against Zimbawe back in 2006.

Any Format that gives you the opportunity to be called World Champions sould be taken very seriously. They (the coaching) havent taught anything in strategy or how to approach a T20 innings.

During our 1st T20 we initally played with a gang busters approach during the group stages, than in the super 8's we played like middle over ODI's 50/0 after 10 vs Australia, we built up so much Pressure, brett Lee got a Hatrick.

Now it's just picnice, lets just brush it off because were no good at it.

You pick a squad that can hit, slog, inovate for this format, the T20 WOrld Cup is a few months ... It's very winnable!
Old February 4, 2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

KP bhai, Apneyo asen. You think they will answer you?
Mijan bhai...era deshtakey beche shesh kore fello. They should answer to deshbashi, if not to me.
Old February 4, 2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
England, South Africa, NZ, India, Pakistan and Aus play plenty of T20I they always find a way to fit in 2 or 3 per tour.

It's Pathetic! That Bangladesh have only hosted 1 T20I since it's conception, and that against Zimbawe back in 2006.

Any Format that gives you the opportunity to be called World Champions sould be taken very seriously. They (the coaching) havent taught anything in strategy or how to approach a T20 innings.

During our 1st T20 we initally played with a gang busters approach during the group stages, than in the super 8's we played like middle over ODI's 50/0 after 10 vs Australia, we built up so much Pressure, brett Lee got a Hatrick.

Now it's just picnice, lets just brush it off because were no good at it.

You pick a squad that can hit, slog, inovate for this format, the T20 WOrld Cup is a few months ... It's very winnable!
Well said Cricman bhai. We just don't have any sort of plan for T20.
Old February 4, 2010, 01:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Yaseer bhai, I think even Rahuld Dravid would have been unsettled if he was told to play a Test match this week on a flat track and then play a T20I match on a super bouncy track next week, regardless how much experience he has in each format and on each kind of pitch.

Squeezing the NZ tour in between two home series (against India and England) was just a ridiculous decision. Players should have been playing a round or two in NCL now and should have been preparing their game plans how to take on England.
Old February 4, 2010, 01:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Yaseer bhai, I think even Rahuld Dravid would have been unsettled if he was told to play a Test match this week on a flat track and then play a T20I match on a super bouncy track next week, regardless how much experience he has in each format and on each kind of pitch.

Squeezing the NZ tour in between two home series (against India and England) was just a ridiculous decision. Players should have been playing a round or two in NCL now and should have been preparing their game plans how to take on England.
Eshen, I understand it was not easy for players to settle in NZ condition in such a short time. Actually it is what Sakib said in that ceremony to "Bodna" Kamal that it should be a team work for both BCB and players to improve our cricket. Yesterday's performance was the result of both parties not doing their work.

-What Aftab did we all saw, enough comments on that.
-After being unsettled by the first 2 balls from Vettori, still Ashraful went for that premeditated inside-out shot over cover. Well, what to say, he sees no difference between Nabil Samad and Vettori may be.
-Sakib was bowled a ball that is bowled by a 1st division off-spinner in Bangladesh day in day out.
We lost the match there. After playing that much cricket, we must have learned to tackle these basic stuffs anytime anyday.

About BCB, as long as Bodna is there, have no expectation from them.
Old February 4, 2010, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Yesterday's performance was the result of both parties not doing their work.
True.

BCB has to do their part first, only then they could blame the players.
Old February 4, 2010, 03:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman

It's Pathetic! That Bangladesh have only hosted 1 T20I since it's conception, and that against Zimbabwe back in 2006.

Any Format that gives you the opportunity to be called World Champions should be taken very seriously. They (the coaching) haven't taught anything in strategy or how to approach a T20 innings.

During our 1st T20 we initially played with a gang busters approach during the group stages, than in the super 8's we played like middle over ODI's 50/0 after 10 vs Australia, we built up so much Pressure, Brett Lee got a hattrick.

Now it's just picnic, lets just brush it off because were no good at it.

You pick a squad that can hit, slog, innovate for this format, the T20 World Cup is a few months ... It's very winnable!
Well said. This format presents its own psychosomatic and technical challenges that cannot be even glimpsed at by the cricketer unless they play enough T20s on sporting wickets. We have players like Milon, Zia and a few others who only SEEM to be decent choices for this version, but until and unless they prove that in the middle, it all remains guesswork and nothing else.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old February 4, 2010, 03:07 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

About the practice match....I don't buy shakib's theory here. it is not like after playing one practice match against some weaker oppsition we would beat those higher rank teams. Yaseer bhai said it already. What aftab try to do - ball after ball hoicking was pure embarrasing - in one stage he was 1 off 8 deliveries and continue doing so. I don't bother to go further down the order of outs we have seen last match or any given match. Plz don't blame BCB for everything. Yes, they are not professional and sorry to say neither our players are. Same old sh*t every series against Top8! NO CONSISTENCY, NO RESPONSIBILITY, NO MATURITY at all...only big talk. After what that jerk lotta kamal said/did infront of everybody I thought Shakib and all have some better answer for him in the MIDDLE not in that ceremony. They had so much to prove. Whatever TIGERS are having facilities in a country like us is good enough. We are no Aus or SA. We need to work whatever we have.... plz perform and then everything will come along with it.

Now lets see some stats regarding practice match while we tour Australia 2008 (aug-sept) for 3 Odi's:
========================================
Practice Matches: 5 practice matches- enough for preparation IMO!!

Australian Institute of Sport - 330/4
Bangladeshis - 316/10
Australian Institute of Sport won by 14 runs

Australian Institute of Sport - 284/8
Bangladeshis - 288/7
Bangladeshis won by 3 wickets

Bangladeshis - 270/9
Australian Institute of Sport - 271/5
Australian Institute of Sport won by 5 wickets

Bangladeshis - 229/9
Australian Institute of Sport - 230/1
Australian Institute of Sport won by 9 wickets

Bangladeshis - 305/4
Northern Territory Chief Minister's XI- 185/10
Bangladeshis won by 120 runs
================================================== ==
Real matches: 3 odi's and look at the score- pure shame!!

Australia - 254/8
Bangladesh - 74/10
Australia won by 180 runs

Bangladesh - 117/10
Australia - 118/2
Australia won by 8 wickets

Australia - 198/5
Bangladesh - 125/10
Australia won by 73 runs

source- cricketarchive

================================================== ==
Old February 4, 2010, 03:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

জাতির বিবেকের কাছে এই প্রশ্ন গুলো।
আশা করি লোটাস লুঙ্গী কাছা মেরে আইল ভেঙ্গে দৌড়ে পালাবে না।
Old February 4, 2010, 07:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
We should have had practice matches. That is a valid question. BCB is to blame here.

But not playing enough T20 does not have relation with yesterday's disaster. No team is playing T20 regularly and also no team wants to play this format regularly in international arena. We also had a domestic T20 league. So, we must have some clue how to play this format. Players had no clue whatsoever.
They played against their own teams on their own turf. This is a different ball game, playing against older matured cricketers who are playing on their own turf. NZ is a matured, well balanced team, look at their average age, compared to BD's cricketers age. They also have a very lucrative 20/20 competition and did exceedingly well in the recent Champions Trophy, they know how to put the screws on and win games. Is BD playing any kind of 20/20 competition to warrant a place in the Champions Trophy?

Also, they knew the weakness of the BD players, they just cannot play the rising ball and their height do no not help, so eventually, the trap was set and the boys fell into it.
Old February 4, 2010, 07:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I know I am very off topic. But what happened in this game? I can't recall anything about this. Why/how was Aus restricted to 198? can someone give me a refresher?

http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvbdesh/en...ch/336204.html
Old February 4, 2010, 09:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

thank you kalpurush bhai for openning a valid thread and asking questions...

Those who think last T20 result has nothing to do with our not playing T20 more often is wrong. cause if they had played more T20 in home ground and had won they would have known what to do when. and at least they wouldn't had a 9-0 loss stat...

BCB is just trying to make money. they don't love the country but they question cricketers...

And then they make players touching their foot in public...

What is this with bd people and touching foot. the other day CHASHI NAZRUL ISLAM made SAKIB KHAN touch his foot for perdon infront of people and i remember politicians do that to young politicians all the time... disgusting...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 4, 2010, 09:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
I know I am very off topic. But what happened in this game? I can't recall anything about this. Why/how was Aus restricted to 198? can someone give me a refresher?

http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvbdesh/en...ch/336204.html
This was the 3rd ODI in Australia. before this match BD dressing room found out some of the players leaving for ICL and big fight and hence this was the outcome... BD could have won that match but...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled