facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 22, 2005, 06:01 AM
Club Cricketer

Default elelction of BCCB, and next joint president (saber hossain + Ali Asgar).....

Can it happen Saber Hossain Chowdhury & Ali Asgar Loby are the next joint president of BCCB? They can have their responsibilities different. If there is no current rule there, then they can change their rule to have this ‘New Tonic’ as a joint position to guide Bangladesh Cricket. Make the authority more powerful, stronger, dynamic, active, real world oriented where we been asking to force out from elite test class, and at the time there is no a satisfactory result in the ground!
I am sure Saber Hossian is popular to many local people as head of the BCCB, and we also need Ali Asgar Loby at the same time! I am not sure if Loby accepts Saber as his colleague or partner in BCCB or not! At least, Saber Hossain Chowdhury join BCCB with the power of leadership so that he can represent Bangladesh to ICC!
I am not talking politics, and I am not a supporter of the political party that Saber Hossain does! Telling the truth, we got our Test Status under the leadership of Saber when few good results, future prospects, planning, popularity and a better infrastructure among the associate countries to ICC are the main reason to have it. What was not there as printed, the dynamic leadership of Saber Hossain Chowdhury!? If we do not allow politics to BCCB and want country’s cricket governing body to be more stronger, effective then we can have some sorts of correction or changes to the BCCB laws, and take a new rule of having two headed leadership there!
Get politics out of BCCB! And get the experience what we had from former head of BCB, Saber and current head, Loby! With respect to Ali Asgar Loby, the leadership of Saber is more dynamic internationally than loby!
The way we are estimating internationally is never allow us to do what we were doing at the beginning 5 years back while we got our test status! Many with Boycott were not talking as negatively and now he is also harsh to us!
For last few days we have been listening so many negative comments about our cricket playing strength and capability, ground result is there but it was not the result of stopping these! The Man like Ganguly, Boycott are saying to get out Bangladesh and to introduce 2 tier ODI and TEST! And, ICC is doing the thing quite professionally! Today we have 16 nations having ODIs! The new 5 nations are introduction of past 11 including kenya!
And, there is still chance to announce a 1st & 2nd division there in ODIs + Tests by ICC! And, doing that ICC separates Bangladesh and Zimbabwe for ICC championship, the qualifying tournament are the level to go out from elite!! By this slow procedure of introducing 2 tier in ODIs+TESTs, we are going to have 8+8 ODI & Test probably within next few years!
If there is someone else than current ICC president, Ehsan Mani, and if there is ICC President like Ganguli or Boycott, they will make the things easier to pull out Bangladesh from the elite group! I am still concerned about BCCI to delay the schedule of Bangladesh tour to India! India is the only nation where we never had a full test tour but they are supposed to call at first among other test members to visit them as they did play against us in home as the number 1 test cricket playing nation. By delaying the schedule months after months, they are allowing people to put their all comments against Bangladesh despite of the shocking victory against India and Australia in the recent times!
If we do not make our performances better and better like others doing, we can not have a stand in elite in future! The threat is not playing & loosing against Full Member or Associate Member, the threat is from ICC, and the people who are involved in ICC and today we see people like Boycott are forcing ICC to make some drastic decision against Bangladesh. Time to come for a man to the cricket advocacy world ICC President Post like, if Boycott is there, we can not stay there! We had Dalmia, Mani in ICC President we had no problem, but a changes to England, New Zealand, even Australia may be danger signal for us! Current ICC Tropy Champion, runner up and 3rd, 4th position holders will take our position. ICC then will introduce 2 tier undoubtedly but not as 10+6 like, they will do 8+8 basis, and will get out Bangladesh to 2nd division!

Now, when I feel our present & future is not so good & safe other than good ground result in any future tour or tournaments, then why we are not thinking jointly, uniquely! This is the issue of country’s interest! One Bangladesh Nationalists Party (BNP) and Awami League can not accept our loosing position internationally, and country’s Cricket can not be a place to talk politics. We need a good and much more stronger governance in BCCB that BCCI, ECB, Australian Board have. And, we both sided party people need to try to introduce a two experienced headed leadership in BCCB! Today we do not see any international crisis to play, but in future it may be a great headache for all of us, when time will be so late to get back! We need to do many good things, and to do it we need to have the experience of Saber & Loby! For the greater interest of country, and Bangladesh Cricket they must agree to work jointly for the developmen cricket in Bangladesh! I do not see any objection from anybody from BCCB against the comments of Boycott! And, here is the difference, under the leadership of Loby we get many things that we did not enjoy at time of Saber! International Criticism is mounting like any other time now! And, it is not hard to identify that may be we have some vacuum position to face international talks from Board or not to critics say anything. Always BCCB people say, it is there duty to answer critics who perform in the field! And, by this way the Board people making Cricket players in pressure in ground! And, Saber can be a good head to answer Boycott and Ganguly! We need a brain & talkative leader like Saber in BCCB to act Internationally!
I do not know, how you people look to my thoughts, but I feel we are passing thriugh a very crucial dilemma of ICC! They will not force us to go out, but their ideas and planning is to change the world cricket, and at end we can be gainer or can be looser. Recent comment against Bangladesh of Boycott is an indication of these! We need a good International Cricket Governance Leadership where they will talk cricket elite group must be the test playing nation, will not be any 1st & 2nd division group to divide this Elite Group!
And, surely we need a 2 headed leadership in BCCB to develop country’s cricket and fight against these people Internationally! I do not feel Bangladesh need improvement not only in ground but also in leadership Internationally and within ICC and its member countries. And, Saber Hossain Chowdhury is the only experienced BCCB Leader who can fight against these people with individually, groups, and merit & strong motivational power & leadership is there, side by side with Ali Asgar Loby, the present Board President!
Is it possible to happen in reality? Do the two persons can work together for the national interest in BCCB? Do the two party in Bangladesh can allow to work them in a single organization? Can we make an example to create an environment where two opposition parties can think sit together, and can share their views, experiences, thoughts to make a better future? It will be a great start from my views.

Edited on, July 22, 2005, 11:47 AM GMT, by sleeping_giant.

Old July 22, 2005, 09:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

An Awami League and a BNP law maker on the same executive committee.

Interesting..
Old July 22, 2005, 12:43 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by CTazim

Interesting..
Yes, why we do not think in such a way!
Old July 22, 2005, 01:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Are they the only candidates?

Aint there ny1 else???
Old July 22, 2005, 02:19 PM
Club Cricketer

It is not possible. There has to be only one leader for any organization. Thats the rule of thumb. Hope whoever is better wins it.
Old July 22, 2005, 07:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by CTazim

Interesting..
Joint leadership will create more chaos than normalcy. In my opinion, current board is doing good. So no worries from my side.

Also, honest comments.. Seems sleeping_giant has mixed up lot of issues in this mail, that does not really make sense with the principal argument of the post..
Old July 22, 2005, 08:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Will Saber's boss allow him to work with Lobi. I doubted
Old July 22, 2005, 08:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by al
I think the bigger question is , "Will Mr. Lobi and his boss willing to share his power with Mr. Saber". The reason is it is universally true (specially for BD) the person who have absolute power doesn't want to share his/her power or lime light with others. On the other hand usually a person out of power/without power will always cooperate (at least at the beginning) if he is promised some power back.

Having said that, I think it will not work for us at this time. Actually I think its a perfect recipe for disaster.
Old July 22, 2005, 08:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Quote:
Originally posted by al
I think the bigger question is , "Will Mr. Lobi and his boss willing to share his power with Mr. Saber". The reason is it is universally true (specially for BD) the person who have absolute power doesn't want to share his/her power or lime light with others. On the other hand usually a person out of power/without power will always cooperate (at least at the beginning) if he is promised some power back.

Having said that, I think it will not work for us at this time. Actually I think its a perfect recipe for disaster.
I donot think, there is any bigger question unless someone is personally tilted towards someone. Anyways, quoting someone and refuting his/her point won't be worth of my time. Its only because, its friday evening. have a nice weekend, bro... Take care and take it easy

Edited on, July 23, 2005, 1:42 AM GMT, by al.

Edited on, July 23, 2005, 1:55 AM GMT, by al.
Old July 23, 2005, 09:20 AM
Banned

buge (tiger) singhe (lion) ek ghute pani khai ?
Old July 23, 2005, 10:30 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by banglar_dorbesh
buge (tiger) singhe (lion) ek ghute pani khai ?
Khaolei Khaey!! Somoshsha holo amader Buge (tiger) ar singhe (lion) posha (domestic) naa!
:P
Old July 23, 2005, 01:20 PM
Cricket Legend

I think its BCB not BCCB anymore and soon it will become cicket Bangladesh. I would love to see Saber in our cricket committees.
Old July 23, 2005, 01:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

make it clear, There is no election for the BCB president position, it is selected position not elected.
Old July 23, 2005, 04:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Buchchhi, buchchhi...Bangbandhu-re BCB Shobhapoti banamu, aar Zia-re Shoho-Shobhapoti. Thhik aseh?