facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 23, 2013, 09:53 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

im shocked.

Old March 23, 2013, 07:48 PM
Banned

why is there talk of if this if that. what he did was selfish, and not excusable even if u are fat n useless like tamim. good on him for the runs.
Old March 23, 2013, 08:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

You know what, I think I've lost all respect for the opener of this thread (that is if I had any to begin with). What a pointless and absurdly harsh thread.

This was a top notch knock from Tamim and gave Bangladesh a genuine chance of winning this ODI. Its true that it took Tamim 41 balls to move from 80 to 100. But look at his overal strike rate its 82.83. And it would have gone up had he not gotten run out.

Tamim is by a mile and a half, Bangladesh's second best match winner. So cut out this crap.
Old March 23, 2013, 09:21 PM
Cricket Sage

yes, while other front end batsman failed, Tamim's century played a significant role for us to cross 250. Yes it was indeed a good milestone to achieve. But the problem is:

- In a batting friendly pitch, 260 is not a very good innings.
- Tamim wasted 136 ball and only achieved a SR of 82.
- Unlike Nasir, he failed to finish his innings addressing his slow SR.
Old March 23, 2013, 09:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Damned if you do damned if you don't!
Old March 23, 2013, 09:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shartaz
You know what, I think I've lost all respect for the opener of this thread (that is if I had any to begin with). What a pointless and absurdly harsh thread.

This was a top notch knock from Tamim and gave Bangladesh a genuine chance of winning this ODI. Its true that it took Tamim 41 balls to move from 80 to 100. But look at his overal strike rate its 82.83. And it would have gone up had he not gotten run out.

Tamim is by a mile and a half, Bangladesh's second best match winner. So cut out this crap.
Ditto. Tamim saw off Malinga and scored almost half of our total. Had he gone out before his 100 trying uradhura shots (which he almost did), our tail wouldn't have lasted long enough to even reach 200. For once, our Mr. 50 converts his 50 to 100 and we are asking for his head. Wtf.
Old March 23, 2013, 09:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

still a good innings, as said helped the team cross 250 which is better than not crossing it which could have happened if he didn't get the century. also an 82 strike rate is fine, it's really not bad, if he had got out 5 overs later then sure you would expect his strike rate to have gone higher.
Old March 24, 2013, 12:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

ajaira thread, if u blame someone blame the opener bowlers who gave away the entire game within 8 overs. It was so shame to see what rubel and abul did yesterday, a goli bowler would have done much better. Thanks to floodlight failure to assist the dew factor. Srilankans know the dirty games too.
Old March 24, 2013, 01:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I feel it was important for Tamim to convert and it was a calculated risk to be cautious. Guys like Tamim can always compensate by accelerating later. Unfortunately for Tamim and more importantly his country, he ran himself out before having the chance. That happens in cricket.

I feel our inaccurate bowling let us down more than anything else. I doubt that extra 20+ runs would've mattered with that kind of balls coming at in-form Lankan batters.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 24, 2013, 06:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
I...Unfortunately for Tamim and more importantly his country, he ran himself out before having the chance. That happens in cricket....
Smoking is a choice Sohel bhai. Dom tho thakbay na. Runout tho hobei.
Old March 24, 2013, 06:29 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Watch how Peter Fulton is batting in the 80's in a test match. Team plan: score quick runs before lunch and declare. It's the intent. It's selfish.
Old March 24, 2013, 07:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Just checked NZ ENG game--the situation is different...Fulton is brimming with confidence, having scored a century in the first innings already; his team is on the offensive, they're under no pressure whatsoever.

In Tamim's case, the team had lost too many wickets and a lot was riding on him occupying the crease...also his confidence level wasn't so high and he was feeling a lot of pressure from not having scored a century in close to 3 years...he felt he could accelerate once the burden was lifted, which he showed he could by hitting Malinga for six as soon as he got to the hundred, but unfortunately he ran himself out. His biggest issue wasn't the mindset rather his fitness level
Old March 24, 2013, 07:15 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Just checked NZ ENG game--the situation is different...Fulton is brimming with confidence, having scored a century in the first innings already; his team is on the offensive, they're under no pressure whatsoever.

In Tamim's case, the team had lost too many wickets and a lot was riding on him occupying the crease...also his confidence level wasn't so high and he was feeling a lot of pressure from not having scored a century in close to 3 years...he felt he could accelerate once the burden was lifted, which he showed he could by hitting Malinga for six as soon as he got to the hundred, but unfortunately he ran himself out. His biggest issue wasn't the mindset rather his fitness level
It was the GODDAMN POWERPLAY where he gave away 14 dot balls as a set batsman! Wheres England have everyone in the boundary trying to stop the quick run flow. I'm talking about intent. Tamim showed no intent of scoring quick runs. He was busy with getting those 8 runs. As soon as he got those 8 runs he finally charged down the wicket.

Also, first you say he wasn't feeling confident but then you are saying issue wasn't his mindset but his fitness level. So which one?
Old March 24, 2013, 07:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Let's say if that was someone like Kayes or Ashraful instead of Tamim, more people would have agreed with Kabir bhai. I'm just saying.
Old March 24, 2013, 07:31 PM
Cricket Legend

I didn't see those dot balls as I dozed off at that time...I was alluding to the general mindset of a batsman in the 90s. For most batsmen it's not easy to play their natural game since no matter what, the milestone will be at the back of your mind unless you're accustomed to doing it frequently. On the other hand if he had been fitter, there would be little reason for him to turn down easy singles and doubles.
Old March 24, 2013, 07:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Watch Tamim celebrating @ 6 min 08 seconds. He is showing the aeroplane. Little that he knew he would see the plane soon.

http://youtu.be/qTpXgQmsW6k?t=5m59s
Old March 24, 2013, 07:47 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
I didn't see those dot balls as I dozed off at that time...I was alluding to the general mindset of a batsman in the 90s. For most batsmen it's not easy to play their natural game since no matter what, the milestone will be at the back of your mind unless you're accustomed to doing it frequently. On the other hand if he had been fitter, there would be little reason for him to turn down easy singles and doubles.
I.e. Selfish. And therefore I'm pointing out how Fulton is batting nearing a 100. Putting his team ahead of his 100.
Old March 24, 2013, 07:51 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Let's say if that was someone like Kayes or Ashraful instead of Tamim, more people would have agreed with Kabir bhai. I'm just saying.
Perfectly put.
Old March 24, 2013, 07:54 PM
Cricket Legend

I can somewhat understand your criticism of Tamim, but I still fail to see the parallelism between Tamim and Fulton's innings when Bd had 10+ overs left to face in an ODI game with debutant Zia, Shohag and Raz to follow vs. NZ being 400+ runs ahead on a tough pitch with 6 wickets remaining. Apples and oranges.
Old March 24, 2013, 07:57 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
I can somewhat understand your criticism of Tamim, but I still fail to see the parallelism between Tamim and Fulton's innings when Bd had 10+ overs left to face in an ODI game with debutant Zia, Shohag and Raz to follow vs. NZ being 400+ runs ahead on a tough pitch with 6 wickets remaining. Apples and oranges.
If you fail to see the connection, then I have nothing farther to say.
Old March 24, 2013, 07:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Good for you
Old March 24, 2013, 08:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

When everyone else failed blaming the only person who basically build the entire inning for his team makes no sense. Blame others: who failed to make any impact. Thanks Tamim for the runs. Without him we could be all out under 150.
Old March 24, 2013, 08:44 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Nitpicking on how many dots he played in Powerplay only makes sense if we had a solid platform and wickets in hand. It was Tamim who was instrumental in getting us to a competitive total so blaming him for slowing down to reach his milestone is a little harsh. If we were 180/2 while it happened then I would be upset... but the game was in the balance at that stage and preserving wickets was more important than going for runs.
Old March 24, 2013, 09:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
I feel it was important for Tamim to convert and it was a calculated risk to be cautious. Guys like Tamim can always compensate by accelerating later. Unfortunately for Tamim and more importantly his country, he ran himself out before having the chance. That happens in cricket.

I feel our inaccurate bowling let us down more than anything else. I doubt that extra 20+ runs would've mattered with that kind of balls coming at in-form Lankan batters.
spot on bro...259 was a very good score and our wining chance was ruined by our opening bowlers..they way they bowled to the lankan batsmen, score of 300 wouldnt be defendable. I think this will be the story of the whole series. if these bowlers couldnt get their act together we are going to face another white wash.
Old March 24, 2013, 09:47 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Whether we lost or not, for who or what is not part of this discussion. This thread was opened during half time. It's not about how much he scored either. It's more about how he approached it. It was clearly visible he cared more about himself. No way you can deny that. Good for him Nasir played a stunner at the end, or else most of you would've been agreeing with the thread starter.