facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 17, 2007, 05:14 PM
Banned

Location: Uganda..where the smell of ganda Bashar cannot reach me
Favorite Player: Steffi Graff
BDFlag Afterthoughts --- BD vs India

BD has done a brilliant job beating India. Whole hearted congratulations to them.
Now comes the daunting task of what BD needs to do to go to the second round. I personally thought BD had the strength to finish the game under 40 overs. That would have been a huge factor. Now if India beats SL, and SL beats BD....we might fall short in runrate if we don't do well against SL and Bermuda.
What are your thoughts ? Should we have won the match using less overs? What should be the strategy against SL/Bermuda ?Do u think we will go to the second round...?

Old March 17, 2007, 05:34 PM
Test Cricketer

A win is better than anything. Having said that, in this world cup super eight qualifying context, Bangladesh should have tried to finish it sooner without taking too much risks. Of course I have no doubt that the manner in which the captain got himself out was the least expected of him and totally unnecessary. He deserves a reprimand even after a win. It's a bad example of temperament and captaincy.
Old March 17, 2007, 05:40 PM
Cricket Legend

BanglaCool,

You can't have it both ways.

Either you grind out the win, or you try for quick runs.

If you go for quick runs, then guys are going to hole out or miss going for the big hit.
Old March 17, 2007, 05:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

i m worried about one factor.

If bangladesh lose to srilanka and india wins over srilanka...net run would be an issue.
So sakib and bashar didnt do the right thing by throwing their wicket..
Old March 17, 2007, 05:47 PM
Banned

Location: Uganda..where the smell of ganda Bashar cannot reach me
Favorite Player: Steffi Graff

I am worried we gave up our chances to go the the Super 8 by using the extra overs. There is very little chance now that our margin of vicotory over Bermuda will be as big as that of India. But one silver lining is since we face Bermuda last, we will atleast know how we have to perform given all the other mathces will be over
Old March 17, 2007, 05:55 PM
Test Cricketer

we just need to beat SL next and all these speculation about runrate will be useless.
Old March 17, 2007, 06:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Just reiterating what Ian said.

Look, at this point we need to focus only on the games that we are currently playing and try to win, not worry and get distracted by hypothetical scenarios. I think Saquib and Mushfique played precisely the way they needed to get us the win (rotating strikes interspersed with a few boundaries here and there). The added stress and distraction of trying to accelerate in the middle overs, simply to ensure that we had a good enough run rate, instead of playing each bowl on its merit, would simply have led us to lose most of our wickets too cheaply. As it is, and I know Rafique and Mash can let loose with the bat sometimes, we were down to our last pair of real batsmen -- Ash and Mushfique.
Old March 17, 2007, 06:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by djuice
BD has done a brilliant job beating India. Whole hearted congratulations to them.
Now comes the daunting task of what BD needs to do to go to the second round. I personally thought BD had the strength to finish the game under 40 overs. That would have been a huge factor. Now if India beats SL, and SL beats BD....we might fall short in runrate if we don't do well against SL and Bermuda.
What are your thoughts ? Should we have won the match using less overs? What should be the strategy against SL/Bermuda ?Do u think we will go to the second round...?
After the performance Bangladesh showed in the field today, the next big thing is naturally consistency. We will win both the matches (sri lanka and bermuda) and move to the next round. I am not sure why you are worried about run rate.
Old March 17, 2007, 07:53 PM
Banned

^^exactly, bd should now try to win over friendly neighbour sri lanka. no bad blood between us...
and had mushfique etc tried to accelerate they may have lost their wickets, as that was the EXACT indian strategy to induce bd batters to play a false stroke, or to choke the run rate so bd batters will play some rash shots to up the run rate...none of them occurred for the most part (except aftab and bashar, a veteran by bd standarsd, he and whatmore should look at hisvideo, and tell himself what a letdown that cud've been in a really crucial stage in some other tense match).....

so mushfiq sakib etc did the right job... otherwise we cud've lost. so be thankful to Almighty Allah (SWT)... for bd victory...

and lets hope bd wins over sri lanka in next match. also NEVER underestimate ANY team, be that bermuda, or ireland (as pak now knows), or bd, or anybody else