facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 19, 2004, 10:38 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Alok to replace Bashar

Both Prothom Alo and Daily Star has been 'whispering' that Alok Kapali will replace Bashar. They're saying the selector and the coach are 'tightlipped' about it.

SOME TIGHTLIPPED PEOPLE OUT THERE!

When is this guy getting some rest? I believe that it will destroy Alok Kapali's International career.

Old August 19, 2004, 10:53 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

our selectors need to learn to go to "taco bell". so they will be familier with the slogan, "think outside the bun".

of course, our bun is alokapali.
Old August 20, 2004, 12:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Jugantor reported one of Alok, Rokon and Tusher will be selected if Bahser miss the champions trophy. All other papers reported Alok is the man to replace Basher. Alok is very lucky. He always gets a way to be in the team. Selection in champions trophy team would not help him because it is almost certain that he will fail in England (I am not sure though whether in September ball swings as it is in May) which may keep him out of NZ series. One thing is clear from this is that we do not have many good players ... we are thinking of Alok who was horrible in last couple of series as a replacement of Basher. We need competition between more players for seletion of national team than we have now.
Old August 20, 2004, 01:35 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

i think the papers are just guessing. I think Bidyut has better chance than anyone else. He has good record in England and was in better form than Alok when he got injured.

And, please no ROKON!

Edited on, August 20, 2004, 6:35 AM GMT, by nasif.
Old August 20, 2004, 01:40 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

very unfortunate...just gives an indication of the current form of our players...one goes out for injury and we have to select someone who's out of form - no competition at all.
Old August 20, 2004, 02:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

tushar sounds good. he's been out for a while, and he hasn't done too bad in the league that just finished.
Old August 20, 2004, 02:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by nasif
i think the papers are just guessing. I think Bidyut has better chance than anyone else. He has good record in England and was in better form than Alok when he got injured.

And, please no ROKON!

Biddut?? I do not think so. Selectors are not happy with him as he did not join high performance squad after WI tour. Probably Biddut will not not be considered before another good show at natioanl/Dhaka league in coming season. Given his tendency to aviod fitness training, he will not survive with "The Aussie rule football titness trainer" Cordy for sure!!
Old August 20, 2004, 02:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

I thinks Bidyut is now good ODI and test opner.He also get two 50 in asia cup. Bidyut is better from Habibul bashar.
Old August 20, 2004, 03:14 AM
Banned

Alok should not even be considered. Bidyut will be a far better choice. I hope the selectors see the light before it's late. C'mon! This is funny. Bashar is a real disappointment in ODIs, now Alok, who has been in meserable form, will replace him! I hope not.
Old August 20, 2004, 03:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by nasif

And, please no ROKON!

we alredy got 3 openers..wat r we gona do wit nother one?
Old August 20, 2004, 04:16 AM
Cricket Legend

whose bidyut is that Hannan Sakar if so yeah give him a go
Old August 20, 2004, 04:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by bourny3
whose bidyut is that Hannan Sakar if so yeah give him a go
bidyut is actually Shariar Hossain
Old August 20, 2004, 08:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
Both Prothom Alo and Daily Star has been 'whispering' that Alok Kapali will replace Bashar. They're saying the selector and the coach are 'tightlipped' about it.

SOME TIGHTLIPPED PEOPLE OUT THERE!

When is this guy getting some rest? I believe that it will destroy Alok Kapali's International career.
How very thought-readablity of them. The selector and the coach are tightlipped and still they hear from them.
Old August 20, 2004, 09:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Bashar's replacement issue is telling us that BD cricket is in big big trouble. We don't have enough players to recruit for the national team. And the worst thing is that we don't have the player regeneration and recruitment process. BCB should learn that they can hire Dev Whit, but they can not hire a people from other country and should try to solve the real problem on right time.
Old August 20, 2004, 10:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Well! Lets think through this logically and consider the possibilities. Bashar is a middle order batsman. The selectors will most likely replace him with a middle order batsman. So another opener is probably not what they have in mind since we already have an extra opener in Nafees Iqbal. In such a scenario Bidyut is out of question. The choice is between Rokon, Alok and Tushar. I can't think of any other middle order batsmen. Alok is horribly out of form. Now the question is how match fit are the other 2 players considering the last competitive match was played more than 2 months back? I don't know. This is indeed a sad commentary on our cricket where a single name doesnot jump autmatically into contention even though we have such a large player base.

However if Whatmore has changed his mind and will put Ash back in the middle order (there is no indication that he has), then perhaps an opener (either Budyut or Sarkar) could be considered. Of the two Sarkar has been training with the HPU.
Old August 20, 2004, 11:06 AM
Street Cricketer

r u guyz serious?!
i pro'ly hv no ryts to make rude remarks.. but i think on an avg habib will prove to b better than alok.. alok needs a break anyway.. hez been pressured too much n xpected too much off..
gv him sum tym n space.. he'll b ok..
Old August 20, 2004, 11:11 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by pompous
I can't think of any other middle order batsmen.
How about Dhiman instead of recycling old discard too soon too often? He can play one of the warm-up matches to give him some exposure.
Old August 20, 2004, 11:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Well, I'd play Aftab ahmed in the final eleven in any case since Bashar isn't around. Whoever replaces Bashar will warm the bench up unless Aftab does as bad a job as Kaps did recently!
Old August 20, 2004, 11:44 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

1 more cub from u19
Old August 20, 2004, 12:29 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Whoever replaces Bashar will warm the bench up unless Aftab does as bad a job as Kaps did recently!
Why can't we go with just 13 members of the National Team?

If we must take a replacement for Bashar and if the choice is between Alok, Rokon and Tushar - I will put my vote for Tushar Imran, without looking at the facts that who is or isn't match-fit.

Why Tushar? Because Alok is terribly out of form, Rokon is the worst One Day Player that I've seen - at least that's what his performance at the International level suggests and Tushar Imran hasn't been given a chance after the world cup, where he was the most impressive among all the youngsters in the match against Kenya.
Old August 20, 2004, 02:15 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by Mueid
we alredy got 3 openers..wat r we gona do wit nother one?
It doesn't matter whether he is an opener or not. He should be in the team. He can bat down the order. He can easily bat at Bashar's #3 slot. It would complete stupidity to discard him because he is an opener. All 3 suggested names are utter nonsense at this stage.
Old August 20, 2004, 04:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Dream

If I were a Selector, I'd bring Bulbul in place of Sumon. I know, I know after reading my first line everybody's eyebrows will look like Rock's (can you smell what the rock is cooking...). But I'd surely bring Bulbul. He is still playing, still performing for the local club in Australia and will bring his great experience to our fragile middle order. If Sumon not playing, he can also do the role of captency (hey its my dream).

I know its not the best solution but at least he could retire with some dignity that he played for the country one last time and he and Chacha could retire at the same time from ICC Tournament.

In reality, I'd bring another experienced player like Rokon, Tushar. Alok surely needs a break. Today's Daily Star said that Sumon is still hopefull about ICC tournament. So lets see.
Old August 20, 2004, 05:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

yeah i wish they didn't drop all our experienced players (bulbul, akram and co.) a few years ago. but thats past already.

yeah....tushar is indeed the best choice for now. he should be given another chance.
Old August 20, 2004, 06:40 PM
Street Cricketer

know wat ppl? this alok-replace-bashar thingy is probably just a big bad rumour so y dont we just IGNORE this whole thing until we get some confirmed newz...
Old August 20, 2004, 08:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
Quote:
Whoever replaces Bashar will warm the bench up unless Aftab does as bad a job as Kaps did recently!
Why can't we go with just 13 members of the National Team?

If we must take a replacement for Bashar and if the choice is between Alok, Rokon and Tushar - I will put my vote for Tushar Imran, without looking at the facts that who is or isn't match-fit.

Why Tushar? Because Alok is terribly out of form, Rokon is the worst One Day Player that I've seen - at least that's what his performance at the International level suggests and Tushar Imran hasn't been given a chance after the world cup, where he was the most impressive among all the youngsters in the match against Kenya.
FW . It would be silly to go with 13 men squad when you can take 14 for a relatively long tour going to be played on three different countries.

My point was 'whoever' , Tushar or Rokon, replaces Bashar in the England bound 14 men squad would not make the final eleven in the first couple of matches in Scotland and Ireland. I'd personally go for Tushar Imran to be picked up. We've seen him before and he's a reasonable player if he shines. I'd play Aftab Ahmed in first four matches in Scotland and Ireland to give him the feel of it to play for his country and if he raises to the occasion then 3 more matches in England. Tushar could still play if Rajin continues to fail. Isn't no.4 Tushar's natural position? Has he not been training with the HPU?

Edited on, August 21, 2004, 1:20 AM GMT, by Zephaniah.
Reason: question added