facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 27, 2010, 09:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
BDFlag What is really going on,when will we see the mature bangaldesh side again?

Come on Bangladesh,you guys are really predictable,you guys are really the laughing stock where i live,but i never give up hope on you,like when you blaze past zimbabwe in the odi series last year for only 44 runs,or when naim islam hits three sixes in one over to pull off an unpredictable win,come on guys you can play better,just believe in yourselves

Old January 27, 2010, 10:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Wait for the NZ tour.
Old January 27, 2010, 10:10 AM
Cricket Savant

wasn't shakib the wisden's test cricketer of the 2009 ?,so what happened to him now?
Old January 27, 2010, 10:49 AM
Banned

Someone told Bangladesh should play like one dayer. Atleast in one dayers they scored more. That is exactly what happened. They crossed 300 runs in two matches where they played like ODI.
Old January 27, 2010, 01:42 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Immediate reply to the heading of this thread: NEVER.

Because to play in Test match cricket, players need patience. And a bunch of 22-year-old babies will never have patience. Patience is for the 30-year-old-men.

And our selectors will never choose a bunch of 30-year-old men because they will never have the technique or the fitness to play at this level.
Old January 27, 2010, 09:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: mashrafe mortaza

until we get better selectors it's gonna be a while
Old January 27, 2010, 09:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Not sure why to blame selectors, they can't produce mature and competent players out of thin air. BCB is not even organizing meaningful domestic leagues where they can properly judge a new player (or whether a discard from the national team made any improvement).
Old January 27, 2010, 10:03 PM
Test Cricketer

We just have to play and play and play and play and play and play
Old January 27, 2010, 10:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

We should never say NEVER. Come on fans, these are very YOUNG men playing against GROWN men.

Let's face it. their average age is around 22 years old. The average age of the other test teams are around 28 to 30 years old and do not get into their national team until they are around 24 or 25 years old, with just a few who are below 24 years of age.
BD has again chosen a captain who is 22 yrs old, VC is around 21 yrs old, oldest player is 26 yrs old.
Age has played a big part in the development and progress of this national team.
As I have mentioned before, Siddons should train around 20 players and work very deligently with them, and BCB should be involved in this process in providing all the logistics. The 2011 WC is played a bit more than a year from now in their own backyard and they are in a group of death.
In 2007, they had a bit of luck beating India, and if they do not perform well, they might not even advance to the super eight. This will be a shame, because they are playing at home.
Their fielding is atrocious, good fielding and catching win matches.
Let's hope that they do improve, and turn the corner. I have followed them very closely since 2007, and they are improving in their scoring in Test matches and ODIs against the G8. They beat Sri lanka and NZ in ODis, advance to the super eight in 2007 WC and 2007 20/20 WC.
Also, they have not had many humiliating test defeats. Formerly, the other teams used to bat once and defeat BD by an innings. I have noticed that now the teams bat twice, and BD do not score below 200 runs either in Tests or ODIs.They just played the N01 test team in the world, and except for a few hiccups and complacency, they gave them a fight. Pakistan is having a hard time against Australia. SL suffered heavy defeats recently against India.
So fans, even though I am frustrated with their performances, and I feel like smacking the whole team, I still support them and hope against hope that they overcome their difficulties.
Old January 27, 2010, 10:28 PM
Banned

Patient is continuous learning process and one does not learn and apply this overnight. Although we are blessed to be patient in our everyday life, for example, driving a car in Dhaka requires enormous patient and we do this on a regular basis, the cricketers fail to apply this learning into practice.
When I was at school, Bodiul Alam sir used to teach us how to be patient with great obsession. He used to lock us in the toilet for hours to maintain an absolute silence in the classroom. May be our cricketers need Bodiul Alam sir.

Last edited by Peace; January 28, 2010 at 07:27 AM..
Old February 1, 2010, 01:51 PM
Cricket Savant

these guys are very intelligent,they went far in school,so why complacency?
Old February 1, 2010, 03:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
wasn't shakib the wisden's test cricketer of the 2009 ?,so what happened to him now?
dude 2009 was over exactly 32 days ago. only 32 days into the year and you are already complaining?? you should ask this question at the end of 2010 not now.
Old February 1, 2010, 03:33 PM
Cricket Savant

thanks man my mistake,sorry
Old February 1, 2010, 04:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahaque
until we get better selectors it's gonna be a while
Right you are bro, these are the selectors who think Ashraful is indispensible for the team
Old February 1, 2010, 07:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Only when the likes of Ash are kicked out from the team.
Old February 1, 2010, 08:29 PM
Cricket Sage

some of you guys talk as if we have gilchrist like players waiting to get a chance to play but he's not getting the opportunity, yes i know selectors don't choose the right combination all the time, but you really think that one or two change in the playing XI is gonna make us a better unit in a matter of days. its all about our domestic infrastructure. that's where we are so behind, and its not looking good at all.
Old February 1, 2010, 08:44 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

fw, there is a old saying: jar hoina noi a tar hoina nobboi a. i dont know how much difference 8years will make but i dont think that is the problem. it requires a completely different mindset

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Highlight)
Old February 1, 2010, 08:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
some of you guys talk as if we have gilchrist like players waiting to get a chance to play but he's not getting the opportunity, yes i know selectors don't choose the right combination all the time, but you really think that one or two change in the playing XI is gonna make us a better unit in a matter of days. its all about our domestic infrastructure. that's where we are so behind, and its not looking good at all.
i could be wrong but i think there could be a big change in the teams performance simply by rearranging the batting order. like you say we don't have a gilchrist waiting in the wings, batting wise naeem is probably the only one ready and he is in the one-day team and is going to NZ so has a chance of getting a test spot in the next test. but yes the infrastructure and cricket culture are the major issues, BD need to produce talented and mentally tough players. previously the mentally tough didn't have the talent and the talents weren't mentally tough, now players like tamim, riyad, mushy, mash and shakib are coming through have are both talented and more mentally tough than players of previous generations. the system still needs fixing though, they need to produce more tamim's, shakib's, rahim's, riyad's etc.
Old February 1, 2010, 11:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Gowza its one thing to change the batting order, its another thing to complain about selectors not choosing the right team. I can find loads of posts from members before tri series that were complaining why Zunaed shouldn't be on the ODI team. and since that 50 in the 2nd innings, people are complaining why did they pick Zunaed over Imrul??

and yes i agree changing our batting orders can and will some wonders for us.
Old February 7, 2010, 07:46 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

yay, im unbanned