facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 4, 2005, 02:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Default aftab shot of the day

aftab's shot to flintoff was the best one i think. hooked him for 6 which holding said went "20 rows back".

what do u think was the bst shot today?

Old June 4, 2005, 02:03 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

shot .......... we need some more of these Tommorrow though .......
Old June 4, 2005, 02:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

20 rows back? There are only six rows in the stand he hit it into.

It was a good shot though, although I thought some of Bashars were pretty thrilling.
Old June 4, 2005, 02:45 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by rob22888
20 rows back? There are only six rows in the stand he hit it into.

It was a good shot though, although I thought some of Bashars were pretty thrilling.
But i beleive it's a great lesson to Treschothick ...... the way he played at the end ...... now watch the same from Aftaab .
Old June 4, 2005, 03:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Trescothick was just slogging, and doing it on purpose, he didn't care if he got out, his job was to make as many runs as he could before he got out.

As if Tresco will take any notice of Aftab anyway. Trescothick averages 45 in test cricket and 38 in one day cricket, he doesn't need advice from some 20 years old Bangladeshi.
Old June 4, 2005, 03:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

haha, but he wasnt as talented as thse bangladeshi batsmen in his youthful days, his county stats back that up.

any way, he'll learn a stuff or two from the aussies this summer, cant wait till they put the sword to these arrogant english
Old June 4, 2005, 03:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

I don't think they will 'put the sword to us', but they will beat us.

Tresco has a poor record against Australia because of his footwork. That besides, I think an average of 45 is very, very good for someone who's feet are in concrete. I reckon he is a better player than he was though, and should do a bit better at least.

Also, why are we arrogant?

PS. sorry for my bad mood, but uninformed irrational comments that put down what is a very good England team annoy me a lot.
Old June 4, 2005, 03:54 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

don't worry rob, it's just the excitement of the series.
Old June 4, 2005, 04:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Im hoping Vaughan does well against Aussies. He was always one of my favourite ENG players. Other one is Flintoff.
Old June 4, 2005, 04:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

we'll wait see if england bats again to say whether they are arrogant or not

Old June 4, 2005, 05:28 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

I would love to see England bowl the Aussies out for 100-150 atleast twice. Maybe then I won't feel so bad about our first three innings.
Old June 4, 2005, 05:51 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

BC

Edited on, June 4, 2005, 10:51 PM GMT, by radicalsami.
Old June 4, 2005, 06:53 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Hello Rob ,sorry to say noone liking pommies here in banglacricket . i think you should go to english site now to discuss ....... If England bat again then we start to criticise them caz Bangladesh always lost by an innings to the quality oppositions and also the permormance in the Ashes is ahead of them ........

Edited on, June 5, 2005, 12:15 AM GMT, by Bangla amar Maa.
Old June 4, 2005, 07:01 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

One more thing : That 20 years old kid is the highest run scorer for us after Javed and he will pass it by tommorrow ..... So , our young kids are not that bad ......... Aftaab's strike rate is way better than Treschothick ..
Old June 4, 2005, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bangla amar Maa
Hello Rob ,sorry to say noone liking pommies here in banglacricket . i think you should go to english site now to discuss ....... If England bat again then we start to criticise them caz Bangladesh always lost by an innings to the quality oppositions ........
Speak for your self. And speak carefully next time.
Old June 4, 2005, 07:04 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Zunaid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bangla amar Maa
Hello Rob ,sorry to say noone liking pommies here in banglacricket . i think you should go to english site now to discuss ....... If England bat again then we start to criticise them caz Bangladesh always lost by an innings to the quality oppositions ........
Speak for your self. And speak carefully next time.
Did i say anything wrong ? English are pommies aren't they ? That's how we know them in downunder ....and again people saying "English are arrogant" i am not saying that either by looking at those writing , looks like noone liking England here ........

Anyway thanks for your advice .......
Old June 4, 2005, 07:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

What does 'pom' mean anyway? I can't say I like being called it, I would like to know what it means.
Old June 4, 2005, 07:10 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Quote:
What does 'pom' mean anyway? I can't say I like being called it, I would like to know what it means.
"Tubby" has a better answer for it although "Mark Nicholas" can explain to you from the commentry box ....
Old June 4, 2005, 07:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Mark Nicholas is an utter tosser, hate his swarve commentary, it's embarrasing.

So no one in Australia really knows what it means?
Old June 4, 2005, 07:22 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Quote:
Mark Nicholas is an utter tosser, hate his swarve commentary, it's embarrasing.

So no one in Australia really knows what it means?
Great comment mate .......... But In the Last Ashes the match England played SCG that was a great win ........ probably one of the best match i have ever seen live at the SCG ......... that's a great job by "Andrew Caddick" ........
Try this time ........ you might win a single test but series is always with the kangaroos .......

Aussie aussie aussie ......... oi oi oi .......

Edited on, June 5, 2005, 12:22 AM GMT, by Bangla amar Maa.
Old June 4, 2005, 07:24 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Aussies are the best commentators in the world .eg : Richie Benaud ... atleast "Mark Nicholas" has aussie accent ,you might won the in the rugby but cricket luck is always with the Aussies .....

Edited on, June 5, 2005, 12:25 AM GMT, by Bangla amar Maa.
Old June 4, 2005, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Pom/pommie is an "affectionate" aussie slang for brits. The origin is lost in antiquity. There are urban legends that the word was derived from POHM (Prisoners of His Majesty) / POME (Prisoner of Mother England) but that is all hogwash. The term is not considered derogatory.

However, my comment to Bangla Amaar Ma was related to his urging Rob to go to an English site. He is welcome here. He will have to develop a thick skin to survive here - strong words will be said. Just as they are being said on English sites about us. Only when the comments veer on prejudice/racial bigotry/personal attack will we stamp down hard.

If some one says, Jones is a cheat - that's an opinion as valid as saying Jones is as pristine as pure driven snow.

However, if someone says "All English are cheaters" - now that is an absolute no no.

So there will be battles and tussles and what not - but do maintain decency.
Old June 4, 2005, 07:50 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Zunaid
Pom/pommie is an "affectionate" aussie slang for brits. The origin is lost in antiquity. There are urban legends that the word was derived from POHM (Prisoners of His Majesty) / POME (Prisoner of Mother England) but that is all hogwash. The term is not considered derogatory.

However, my comment to Bangla Amaar Ma was related to his urging Rob to go to an English site. He is welcome here. He will have to develop a thick skin to survive here - strong words will be said. Just as they are being said on English sites about us. Only when the comments veer on prejudice/racial bigotry/personal attack will we stamp down hard.

If some one says, Jones is a cheat - that's an opinion as valid as saying Jones is as pristine as pure driven snow.

However, if someone says "All English are cheaters" - now that is an absolute no no.

So there will be battles and tussles and what not - but do maintain decency.

No worries mate ......... i didn't mean like this way , someone might have said "English are cheaters" or whatever .It just a part of the game but English sites they are not saying noting about Jones ...... Anyway it doesn't really matter it's all over now .

Edited on, June 5, 2005, 3:12 AM GMT, by Bangla amar Maa.
Old June 4, 2005, 10:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

i have only one thing to say :
"deshi kuttar bdeshi daak"

Rob- I hope to see a strong performance by the English team although I will be rooting for the Aussies but I support cricket and would like to see cricket win.
And I hate "new cricket followers"- who only knows how to call others degrading names!!!

Coming back to the topic of the thread-
I don't think that was the shot of the day. I thought that he was not in full control of the shot- perhaps 80%; but i liked a couple of glorious cover drives played by Habibul Basher during his brisk innings!
Old June 4, 2005, 10:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

btw- "Tubby" was the nick name of Mark Taylor for those who knows the word and doesn't know who uses it, why and when not to use it!!!