facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 19, 2008, 10:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Match Thread: Bangladeshis vs AIS, 2nd OD Practice Match

Start Time: 000 GMT

Scoring Updates: Get Some Sleep or Do Something Productive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Siddons
"I am happy with the way the batsmen are going and we have been making some big totals," he said. "Scoring 316 against any opposition anywhere in the world is creditable and theirs (the AIS') is a decent attack."

Tamim Iqbal smashed 85 off 45 deliveries, and Mohammad Ashraful hit 71 off 59, but the Bangladeshi batsmen failed to close out the game. "We could have won that match after being in control until the middle overs," Siddons said. "But it is our bowling that has not managed to restrict oppositions in recent times and unless you do that you don't give yourself a fair chance of creating winning situations."

Wednesday's game could see the return of pace spearhead Mashrafe Mortaza and middle-order batsman Alok Kapali, who were both rested in the first match. Dolar Mahmud, the medium-pacer, may also get a look-in.
Squads:Bangladesh (From): Mohammad Ashraful (Captain), Tamim Iqbal, Mehrab Hossain, Roqibul Hassan, Sakib al Hasan, Alok Kopali, Dhiman Ghosh (Wicketkeeper), Mahmud Ullah Riyad, Abdur Razzak, Mashrafee bin Murtaza (Vice Captain), Nazmul Hossain, Shahadat Hossain, Farhad Reza, Dollar Mahmud.

AIS (From): Matthew Wade, Greg Moller, Peter Forrest, Moises Henriques, Michael Hill, Liam Davis, Stephen O’Keefe, Stephen Smith, Ben Cutting, John Holland, Grant Sullivan, Usman Khawaja, Theo Doropoulos, Peter George

Old August 19, 2008, 10:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

"I am happy with the way the batsmen are going and we have been making some big totals," he said. "Scoring 316 against any opposition anywhere in the world is creditable and theirs (the AIS') is a decent attack." - Jamie Siddons.
++++
He shouldn't speak like this when opponents have scored 330 against a better attack. Not a better attack? Which means our bowling strength is below AIS?? Come on coach. Don't be happy on a losing effort. There is no moral victory losing against AIS.
Old August 19, 2008, 10:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

aha, finally, eshe gechi!
Bismillah!
Inshallah, we will rock tonight(day)!
Inshallah, we will play good cricket!
go bdeshis!
Old August 19, 2008, 10:37 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

We must rest Tamim for this match, he has proved what he can do. We should not risk him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntnews.com.au
Henriques had a great all-round match taking 3-38 including the scalp of Tamim who, batting with a runner after injuring a leg, blasted 85 from 65 balls inluding 16 fours and two sixes to put Bangladesh well ahead of the required run rate.
Old August 19, 2008, 10:39 AM
Street Cricketer

our squad for 2nd odi warm up match"1) Tamim Iqbal 2) Merhab J 3) Ashraful 4) Raqibul 5) Saqibul 6) Alok 7) Diman 8) Mashrafee 9) Razzaq 10)Dollar 11) Nazmul
Old August 19, 2008, 10:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
We must rest Tamim for this match, he has proved what he can do. We should not risk him.
this would immediately mean, we shall see a new face opening tonight,if infact the match goes according to plan...
Old August 19, 2008, 10:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Siddons will probably praise the players even if we lose the match against Northern Territory.

And Whatmore used to give players an earful for losing a match against a team like Sri Lanka ! What a difference !
Old August 19, 2008, 11:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Siddons will probably praise the players even if we lose the match against Northern Territory.

And Whatmore used to give players an earful for losing a match against a team like Sri Lanka ! What a difference !
So, 'coaching' isn't important? only verbal style of the coach that matters? I would rather take a non-screaming coach who is willing to teach, than a screaming 'task master' who doesn't know how to teach.

Also, please keep in mind, that the transitional period that we are passing at the moment in terms of players and their young age, its important that the coach knows the fundamentals and properly channels that to the players.

But, JS must do something with bowling. If he can't, he should just let the BCB know about it, so we can make arrangements. The situation is dire.
Old August 19, 2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:

... approach is different, but the GOAL is same I believe.
Old August 19, 2008, 11:23 AM

[quote=Beamer;722886]So, 'coaching' isn't important? only verbal style of the coach that matters? I would rather take a non-screaming coach who is willing to teach, than a screaming 'task master' who doesn't know how to teach.

Also, please keep in mind, that the transitional period that we are passing at the moment in terms of players and their young age, its important that the coach knows the fundamentals and properly channels that to the players.

But, JS must do something with bowling. If he can't, he should just let the BCB know about it, so we can make arrangements. The situation is dire.[/quote]

...and the sooner, the better...
Old August 19, 2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I hope team mgt take this note into account...
Old August 19, 2008, 11:38 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I hope team mgt take this note into account...
We know our team mgt sucks interms of making the right decission.
Old August 19, 2008, 11:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Are you sure ? As far I know, Siddons stated goal for the team is to score 200+ runs per innings, not winning matches.
Old August 19, 2008, 12:09 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Start Time: 0000 GMT

Scoring Updates: Get Some Sleep or Do Something Productive
Who is going to make the phone calls ? And how often he/she can call to get an update?
If too many people gets involved collecting scores we may upset NT cricket (darwin) and get nothing afterwards.
Let alone upsetting them we may even crash Darwins Telecommunication Sytem. Because we are well capable of that.
Old August 19, 2008, 12:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Rest him after just one warm up ?!

I think Tamim has much more to prove, he is a much better batsman than just playing a wham bam 85 runs innings against AIS. He should be encouraged to play longer innings (without eating up deliveries in JO/Mehrab style), provide a platform for others to build on.
Old August 19, 2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshen
are you sure ? As far i know, siddons stated goal for the team is to score 200+ runs per innings, not winning matches.
২০০+ তো অস্থায়ী (সাময়িক) লক্ষ্য, চূড়ান্ত লক্ষ্য তো একই - ...:-d
Old August 19, 2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:

I think Tamim has much more to prove, he is a much better batsman than just playing a wham bam 85 runs innings against AIS. He should be encouraged to play longer innings (without eating up deliveries in JO/Mehrab style), provide a platform for others to build on.
Originally Posted by ntnews.com.au
Henriques had a great all-round match taking 3-38 including the scalp of Tamim who, batting with a runner after injuring a leg, blasted 85 from 65 balls inluding 16 fours and two sixes to put Bangladesh well ahead of the required run rate.
Courtesy: Mohammed bhai.
Old August 19, 2008, 12:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Oh, I did not know that Tamim has injured his leg. Makes sense why he relied on boundaries so much (besides trying to compensate for Mehrab's slow scoring).
Old August 19, 2008, 12:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:

Concerned about his leg injury. He had to use a runner in the first warm up. And may be that was the reason he played Wham Bam innings.

Would you risk your best batsmen in warm-up match 2 days after he got a slight injury to his leg? Would you like it when the slight becomes "BiG" ?

FYI Eshen sort of match report by Northern Terrotory news

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/200...1_ntsport.html

Last edited by MohammedC; August 19, 2008 at 12:41 PM..
Old August 19, 2008, 12:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
JS doesn't. Try to make 200+ was against Pakis, it should be 175 with Aus. Winning? That's forbidden to think.

Otherwise, JS will be busy recovering his money, courtcase, almost holiday after some time. Ifthe boys dare to do something, that's different.
Old August 19, 2008, 01:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
So, 'coaching' isn't important? only verbal style of the coach that matters? I would rather take a non-screaming coach who is willing to teach, than a screaming 'task master' who doesn't know how to teach.

But, JS must do something with bowling. If he can't, he should just let the BCB know about it, so we can make arrangements. The situation is dire.
I beg to differ. We need a task master as well as a teacher a la McInnes. I do not agree with the second para. we are not in transitional stage. we had a set team. Old enough to represent the next two W/C and almost all the players have enough experience to play with big boys. But our so called coach is in transitional period not the team. DW can claim that. With the exception of HB and Rafiq we have the same team as was in our glory days of 2007. Our coach is busy taking vacation and suing ACB. Agree with the last para. But if have not yet inform BCB, it shows that he is incompetant; afaraid of letting his employer that he is not an expert on that field.
Old August 19, 2008, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Tigers look for bowling inspiration

TigerCricket.com Report
19 August 2008

DARWIN : After their narrow loss in the first warm-up game against the Australian Institute of Sports (AIS) the Bangladesh team would want to give a much improved display, particularly in the bowling department when the sides meet again at the Gardens tomorrow (Wednesday).

Monday’s defeat by 14 runs while chasing 331 might have given the batsmen some comfort but coach Jamie Siddons reckoned it was the bowlers who needed to pull their socks up.

“I am happy with the way the batsmen are going and we have been making some big totals. Scoring 316 against any opposition anywhere in the world is creditable and theirs (the AIS’) is a decent attack,” said Siddons adding: “We could have won that match after being in control until the middle overs. But it is our bowling that has not managed to restrict oppositions in recent times and unless you do that you don’t give yourself a fair chance of creating winning situations.”

The Bangladesh team had an hour and a half’s solid training at the Marrara Oval this morning. Tomorrow’s game could see the return of pace spearhead Mashrafe Bin Mortaza and middle-order batsman Alok Kopali who were both rested in the first match. Dollar Mahmud, the fast medium bowler, might also get his first game.

The AIS side has already proved that they have a vast amount of talent and pedigree. All 14 players who have been picked are Cricket Australia contracted cricketers of State teams and the majority of them have first class experience. There are five cricketers from New South Wales and three each from Victoria, Western Australia and Queensland. The age-level is between 20-25 and they all have been exposed to the hard grind of Australian domestic cricket. For the matches against Bangladesh the AIS team had prepared for four months.

Teams

Bangladesh (From): Mohammad Ashraful (Captain), Tamim Iqbal, Mehrab Hossain, Roqibul Hassan, Shakib Al Hasan, Alok Kopali, Dhiman Ghosh (Wicketkeeper), Mahmud Ullah Riyad, Abdur Razzak, Mashrafe Bin Mortaza (Vice Captain), Nazmul Hossain, Shahadat Hossain, Farhad Reza, Dollar Mahmud.

AIS (From): Matthew Wade, Greg Moller, Peter Forrest, Moises Henriques, Michael Hill, Liam Davis, Stephen O’Keefe, Steven Smith, Ben Cutting, Jon Holland, Grant Sullivan, Usman Khawaja, Theo Doropoulos, Peter George.
Old August 19, 2008, 02:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
I beg to differ. We need a task master as well as a teacher a la McInnes. I do not agree with the second para. we are not in transitional stage. we had a set team. Old enough to represent the next two W/C and almost all the players have enough experience to play with big boys. But our so called coach is in transitional period not the team. DW can claim that. With the exception of HB and Rafiq we have the same team as was in our glory days of 2007. Our coach is busy taking vacation and suing ACB. Agree with the last para. But if have not yet inform BCB, it shows that he is incompetant; afaraid of letting his employer that he is not an expert on that field.
Sure I would take a coach who can do both. Thats why I said, ' I would rather', in case the available coach fall short in one dept.

We are in a transitional phase. You also forgot to mention another two in that group, namely Pilot and JO, and a few other in between players who featured regularly under DW. Rajin come to mind. We had a set team with three of the veterans ( JO, pilot, Bashar) non-performing on a regular basis. Consequently, they had to go, and it wasn't a quick hook either. They had ample opportunities. That is a matter for selectors anyway and we shouldn't blame JS for their non-availability. Rafiq's absence is also selector related. He still can give us a lot more.

I am not all sold on JS either. He is yet to show me that he can work towards improving the bowlers. His one day team composition also fall short of expectations. I , however, am not going to indulge myself in seeing everything through a negative prism, like a few members here. Regardless of wins and losses, the quick improvement and the attitude among the few young core batsmen are visible since he has taken over. I don't think DW had the know how to teach the younger groups. Banishment and no communication can't be a way of teaching. The older group that served us well were in prime during DW tenure and learned their trade on their own way before he arrived at the scene.
Old August 19, 2008, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Seriously Im just dissapointed with our bowling attack, shahadat seems to never find his line and length, mash has lost a lot of his pace, that made him decent bowler, because he got the ball to move off the pitch at those speeds, because of his action. Dolar is too young, has potential.

razzak seemed to have lost his way as spinner, and still doesnt get much turn off the pitch, funny how he was contesting daniel vetorri as best one day left arm spinner b4. Riyad is no vetorri. Kapali is no shane warne. And sakib is the only guy who's bowling to his capabilities.

And Nazmul havent seen him bowl recently
Old August 19, 2008, 02:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Gardens praised

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/200...1_ntsport.html

AIS cricket captain Moises Henriques has given the thumbs up to Darwin's Gardens Oval pitch.

"It's a very good one-day wicket, I reckon," Henriques said yesterday.

The fast-bowling allrounder led the young guns of the AIS to a win against Bangladesh on Monday in the first of a series of four limited-overs matches.

An astonishing 646 runs were scored and 14 wickets fell in a cracking day's play.

And fans could be in for a repeat dose from 10am today in Game 2 if the pitch stays true.

"There's enough pace in the wicket for the bowlers to get something out of it but the batters can use that as well," Henriques said.

"And there's not too much sideways movement."

Henriques bent his back to take 3-38 in the match.

And fast-bowlers Grant Sullivan and Ben Cutting weren't afraid to drop short.

But Henriques said that, with the exception of left-arm spinner Jon Holland who took 4-43, the AIS bowlers had "execution problems" in the first match.

"We bowled too many four balls but Jon minimised his, which was good," he said.

"Most of the time the wicket wasn't turning but he changed his pace really well.

"He was changing the pace and asking the batter to put pace on the ball as well. I just thought he mixed it up really well and was quite accurate."

Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons was happy with blazing batsman Tamim Iqbal and Mohammad Ashraful but said his bowlers need to improve.

"It seems like every time we bowl these days we go for 300," Siddons said. "Our bowlers need to vary it up a bit and hit the right areas more often."

Siddons said tough competition was what the Tigers needed to prepare to tackle Australia at the end of the month - and they were getting it.

"They were very keen to beat us and we are very keen to beat them back," he said. "There is enormous potential in the AIS side and they are going to be competitive for sure. It's good hard cricket and that's what we need to build and improve."

Entry today is free.