facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

View Poll Results: Do you own a fire arm
Yes 3 27.27%
No 8 72.73%
No, but would like to. 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 5, 2017, 10:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I work for the Law enforcement. Been working since last 21 years. Sometimes I would go with the guys and shoot in the range or in a private property. I don't need to carry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
That is cool sir

So I guess that makes you the most experienced gunslinger here
Quote:
Only when my daughter is married and gone from the house, may be then I will get me a pistol.

We have formal training of self defense. A pen can be a weapon. Even books can deter a shooter while they are in action (just an example).
Roy, Yeah...DOn't believe anyhting what our T-E Dula miah bhai (brother in-law in BD) says...HE is a genuine Buira Beta...Man was born in the 1940s, at the era when Mountbatten was leaving the sub-continent, Netaji Subhas Basu formed Ajad Hind and Japan occupied Burma...

Law enforcement, Uni Poolish dekhley ji uncle ji uncle, mamu mau koren...yeah...Mr. Auditor...Buira miah will shoot his own foot and then Langra hoiya hau mau koira cry cry korbey...Othuba amar apa-ta bidhoba hoben...
T-E shoots blank, BBs, Daisy gun with Walmart toy coowboy hat and chaps...and goes EE-Haaww...He plays Bengali Coowboy at the Jatra-theater...

Unar Paad is the biggest astro...ekbar oi paad-er dharey kachey ashley manoos-ra mreeto...mustard gas...agent orange

Old October 5, 2017, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Roy, Yeah...DOn't believe anyhting what our T-E Dula miah bhai (brother in-law in BD) says...HE is a genuine Buira Beta...Man was born in the 1940s, at the era when Mountbatten was leaving the sub-continent, Netaji Subhas Basu formed Ajad Hind and Japan occupied Burma...

Law enforcement, Uni Poolish dekhley ji uncle ji uncle, mamu mau koren...yeah...Mr. Auditor...Buira miah will shoot his own foot and then Langra hoiya hau mau koira cry cry korbey...Othuba amar apa-ta bidhoba hoben...
T-E shoots blank, BBs, Daisy gun with Walmart toy coowboy hat and chaps...and goes EE-Haaww...He plays Bengali Coowboy at the Jatra-theater...

Unar Paad is the biggest astro...ekbar oi paad-er dharey kachey ashley manoos-ra mreeto...mustard gas...agent orange
: floor:

If sense of humor was measured by bricks you sir would be the great wall of China
Old October 5, 2017, 10:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

BY the way my late amma (mom RIP) owned weapons, and my father still does.

My mom had her Juta (shoes) and sandals...Unar jutar bari + Bata sandal + elephant Road-er Paduka Bitaan Heel-er bari khaiya amader chipa gollir bohoo Mastaan/gunda manoos hoiya gechen...Dhormer pothey choley ashichen back in the 70s. For brockley and aklemalp - My mom used to beat local thugs with her shoes and sandals...We did not need weapons, dau, boti, chhuri, Kaachi...Chur/Thugs would not walk in front of our house in fear of my mom and my Fufus and masis - back in the 70s!

Mei father can not walk anymore...He used to walk with a Khulna Gojari Wood Cane/Lathi...Unar Lathir bari khaiya ami aam chor/ Murga chor/ Shontrashi (Terrorist) Alem/pacifist hoye gechen...
Old October 5, 2017, 10:46 AM
BD-SL 2017 - LOI Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
BY the way my late amma (mom RIP) owned weapons, and my father still does.

My mom had her Juta (shoes) and sandals...Unar jutar bari + Bata sandal + elephant Road-er Paduka Bitaan Heel-er bari khaiya amader chipa gollir bohoo Mastaan/gunda manoos hoiya gechen...Dhormer pothey choley ashichen back in the 70s. For brockley and aklemalp - My mom used to beat local thugs with her shoes and sandals...We did not need weapons, dau, boti, chhuri, Kaachi...Chur/Thugs would not walk in front of our house in fear of my mom and my Fufus and masis - back in the 70s!

Mei father can not walk anymore...He used to walk with a Khulna Gojari Wood Cane/Lathi...Unar Lathir bari khaiya ami aam chor/ Murga chor/ Shontrashi (Terrorist) Alem/pacifist hoye gechen...
Old October 5, 2017, 12:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Gun control is a must. I wish there was a way for america to abolish the second amendment.

But I do think second amendment would have been really cool in places like Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and most other GCC countries. I wonder if the tyrants would still rule?
Old October 5, 2017, 01:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Osroo/Asroo= tears

Astro= Arms

Not sure whose alpo bidda is being blamed here
I am a native Bangla speaker.

Tears in bangla is = Ausru = Aus+ru ( 'Aus' from Australia + 'Ru' from rule)

Arms in Bangla is Austro = Aus+Tro ( 'Aus' from Australia + 'Tro' from Trozan)

I hope it helps.
Old October 5, 2017, 01:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Depends where you live I have moved to a small town of 10,000,low crime rate.
No point owning a gun,police 2 minutes away from my place.
If your inner city then their is more reason I guess.
My main worry is home invasion,and with ice addicts thats very possible they are low on cash,and need the money quickley.
Old October 5, 2017, 01:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Tiger Eye Aap Jhap bhujayee dilo. I also work for Federal Law Enforcement Agency. Saw Special Agents walking with guns, never touched one at work. Don't need to. No need for any training for Non-Agents.
Old October 5, 2017, 01:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I am a native Bangla speaker.

Me too dada
Old October 5, 2017, 01:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Me too dada
So may be You (in West Bengal) and we (in Bangladesh) pronounce some words differently.
Old October 5, 2017, 02:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
So may be You (in West Bengal) and we (in Bangladesh) pronounce some words differently.
We do and I am not denying that, pronunciation varies but authentic words remains the same, read post # 47, you may use 'Asroo' to mean weapons but it has no literary value whatsoever, just another informal colloquial word, what we call 'Apobhrongso' in Bangla.
Old October 5, 2017, 02:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
We do and I am not denying that, pronunciation varies but authentic words remains the same, read post # 47, you may use 'Asroo' to mean weapons but it has no literary value whatsoever, just another informal colloquial word, what we call 'Apobhrongso' in Bangla.
I dont know what you mean by 'authentic word'. To us the way we speak in Bangladesh is the authentic way. When you use banglish, its not going to be exact how you pronounce. So from that way 'Asroo' is not the exact way we pronounce in Bangladesh. Bangla is our national language, therefore we dictate the 'autehticity' than West Bengal in my opinion.
Old October 5, 2017, 02:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I dont know what you mean by 'authentic word'. To us the way we speak in Bangladesh is the authentic way. When you use banglish, its not going to be exact how you pronounce. So from that way 'Asroo' is not the exact way we pronounce in Bangladesh. Bangla is our national language, therefore we dictate the 'autehticity' than West Bengal in my opinion.
What kind of sorcery is this?

Just cuz you are a Bangladeshi doesn't mean you own the language, Please do not insult our beautiful language and heritage by marginalizing it by regional lines, I don't wanna go that way neither do I want to screw this thread or anything but an overwhelming majority of Bengali intellectuals and stalwarts that you and I both look up to for inspiration were Indian Bengalis which is a fact . Dialect and Accent changes by region but the original words remains the same, you or I can not change them even if we keep speaking them by our own way for a thousand years. This is not a WB vs BD thing neither do I intend to mock the way you speak, hell we pronounce many words wrongly ourselves probably even more than you, there is nothing wrong in pointing it out. For God sake such a senior and respected member you are, can't I expect a bit more maturity than this?
Old October 5, 2017, 03:15 PM
Cricket Legend

@Fazal don't get me wrong, I am sure if you ever hear me speak Bangla you would lough at my face, I grew up in Jharkhand and speak with a heavy accent, we may pronounce the same words differently but that does not change the authenticity of the original words one bit, that is what I intended to convey all along, by no means I wanted to mock or take a dig at your pronunciation.
Old October 5, 2017, 03:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
@Fazal don't get me wrong, I am sure if you ever hear me speak Bangla you would lough at my face, I grew up in Jharkhand and speak with a heavy accent, we may pronounce the same words differently but that does not change the authenticity of the original words one bit, that is what I intended to convey all along, by no means I wanted to mock or take a dig at your pronunciation.
language is for people, not the other way around. That's why there is American English and the there is British English. The Authenticity has no value in real life. Over time language change to meet the people's requirement.

Is doesn't matter from where the word was originated, what it matters is how its being used currently and if its being used by the people. Bangla is the national language of only one country and that is Bangladesh. So they dictate the authenticity of the current language.

in India (where West Bengal is), to my knowledge, Bangla is not their national language, its their regional language. When/if India declared Bangla as their national language, then we can talk about "Indian Bangla" and "Bangladeshi Bangla". until then we have just one official version and that is Bangla (spoken by Bangladeshi).

I don't know why its so hard for you to grasp the reality.
Old October 5, 2017, 03:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
language is for people, not the other way around. That's why there is American English and the there is British English. The Authenticity has no value in real life. Over time language change to meet the people's requirement.

Is doesn't matter from where the word was originated, what it matters is how its being used currently and if its being used by the people. Bangla is the national language of only one country and that is Bangladesh. So they dictate the authenticity of the current language.

in India (where West Bengal is), to my knowledge, Bangla is not their national language, its their regional language. When/if India declared Bangla as their national language, then we can talk about "Indian Bangla" and "Bangladeshi Bangla". until then we have just one official version and that is Bangla (spoken by Bangladeshi).

India does not have the concept of a national language, we are not a homogeneous country like BD, Bangla is one of our official languages and enjoy the same status as Hindi, Urdu, English and two dozen other languages. I have had this debate here so many times that I am tired now, semi-literate kids in FB and Youtube comment section use better logic than " we are Bangladeshi, Bangla is ours". I mean how can I even try to engage in a mature discourse with you when you already declared that Bengali language is dictated by Bangladeshis

I ain't stepping into this trap no more, I am just gonna chuckle and move on while you enjoy dwelling in your bubble, I just pray and hope you don't mutilate any more words since you are already at it now.
Old October 5, 2017, 03:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

The baddest fire-arm to me is my nanny's mouth. She is a firebrand! I have not taken anything from her side at all. I am more like my grandfathers from both sides, they are less vocal. Pensive.
Old October 5, 2017, 06:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
I work for the Law enforcement. Been working since last 21 years. Sometimes I would go with the guys and shoot in the range or in a private property. I don't need to carry.
So are you like a Bangladeshi Jason Bourne or James Bond?

And is your favourite drink "A medium dry martini, lemon peel. Shaken, not stirred"
Old October 5, 2017, 07:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:

Bangla is one of 22 official languages of India. It's not designated by state or regional status. Let's not go overboard.
Old October 6, 2017, 08:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Catalan is not the national language of Spain .... So Catalonians cannot decide on their own language? What type of logic is that.

I grew up reading Bengali literature from both sides of the border, a human made border, because we the people are not capable to live peacefully with someone of a different religion. Our Anthem is written by a nobel laureate who lived in both sides of the border. Rabindranath's Gitanjali is a Bengali masterpiece and now u think u r more capable to decide on Bangla than Rabindranath because u live in this side of the border?
Amartya Sen, another nobel laureate, lived in both sides of the border and that makes me proud.

Anyways back to topic, NRA wants to ban the bump stock that converts semi automatic to automatic. So for the next mass shooting the number will be less than 50.
Old October 6, 2017, 07:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Catalan is not the national language of Spain .... So Catalonians cannot decide on their own language? What type of logic is that.

I grew up reading Bengali literature from both sides of the border, a human made border, because we the people are not capable to live peacefully with someone of a different religion. Our Anthem is written by a nobel laureate who lived in both sides of the border. Rabindranath's Gitanjali is a Bengali masterpiece and now u think u r more capable to decide on Bangla than Rabindranath because u live in this side of the border?
Amartya Sen, another nobel laureate, lived in both sides of the border and that makes me proud.

Anyways back to topic, NRA wants to ban the bump stock that converts semi automatic to automatic. So for the next mass shooting the number will be less than 50.
As an Indian Bengali I am more proud of Mohammed Younus than Sen, Younus saheb actually implemented and executed his ideas and theories on the ground, contributed to the country and its people, changed the lives of grassroot people in a way that the impact was felt and it actually boosted your economy and improved your HDI, his legacy and influence will remain forever while Sen's work will be limited to Libraries, classrooms and intellectual circles. I wish we had someone like him.
Old October 6, 2017, 08:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka

The NRA are very determined to hold onto their guns, oh well at least incase a zombie apocalypse occurs US citizens will be prepared.
Old October 6, 2017, 08:56 PM
Cricket Legend

If you believe in Global conspiracies then the NWO comes in.Unless you believe we are in one now?
Old October 6, 2017, 09:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
As an Indian Bengali I am more proud of Mohammed Younus than Sen, Younus saheb actually implemented and executed his ideas and theories on the ground, contributed to the country and its people, changed the lives of grassroot people in a way that the impact was felt and it actually boosted your economy and improved your HDI, his legacy and influence will remain forever while Sen's work will be limited to Libraries, classrooms and intellectual circles. I wish we had someone like him.
Bit unfair on Sen. Remember that Yunus won the Nobel Peace Prize. Amartya won the Nobel Prize in Economics (a subject itself based on theories). It's comparing apples to oranges.

It's not Amartya's job to put his theories into practice. His work and contributions will be studied, applied, and improved upon by others, much the same way as Adam Smith's work. It's the best an economist can hope for. You could also argue that Yunus's Microfinance is based on the study of welfare economics, something that Sen has contributed to significantly.

I'm also of the belief that Yunus should also win the Nobel Prize for Economics, for the theory of Microfinance. But that's a different matter.

Anyways, on topic, guns are bad, mmkay?
Old October 6, 2017, 09:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
If you believe in Global conspiracies then the NWO comes in.Unless you believe we are in one now?
How so?