facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should BCB AXE Mushfiqur Rahim as Captain
Yes 15 39.47%
No 15 39.47%
None 3 7.89%
Doubtful: Give him more time 5 13.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 24, 2012, 06:24 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

throw this puchi out of the team..he needs some "dandar bari" in his "passa"..the way he got out in the position the team was...i question his sanity..he needs to be checked

Old November 24, 2012, 06:29 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Bangladesh Cricket hocche or shoshur bari! apnader somossa ta ki?
Old November 24, 2012, 06:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
throw this puchi out of the team..he needs some "dandar bari" in his "passa"..the way he got out in the position the team was...i question his sanity..he needs to be checked
... Chabuk...
Old November 24, 2012, 06:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

that was a pathetic way of getting out in that situation.
ifvthis continues I will very soon join the club "sack Mushy pom captaincy"

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old November 24, 2012, 06:46 AM
Cricket Guru

I probably don't blame Mushy too much for getting out that way. Whilst I agree its a test & one should be prepared to face these situations, Musby had been keeping for 200+ overs, he did look very tired & obviously didn't think he'd be batting so soon. But yes, poor way to get out. Maybe someone like Riyad should have been sent instead ?
Old November 24, 2012, 06:48 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
I probably don't blame Mushy too much for getting out that way. Whilst I agree its a test & one should be prepared to face these situations, Musby had been keeping for 200+ overs, he did look very tired & obviously didn't think he'd be batting so soon.
then why did he came out to bat? Nasir and Riyad was there?

Shak was bowling and was fielding too. He didn't looked tired to me..
Old November 24, 2012, 06:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
then why did he came out to bat? Nasir and Riyad was there?

Shak was bowling and was fielding too. He didn't looked tired to me..
Edited my post too late :S I thought Riyad should've come in. I dunno, mushy seemed tired, finding it difficult to focus. Maybe that's just some strange observation by me -_-
Old November 24, 2012, 06:54 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

I remember last year when WI came to BD,after the last test Mushy along with his players were getting tips form chandarpol..there were a pic here in BC

Mushy je vab niye chandar kotha suntesilo na jani ki sikhe udhar kortesilo, Kola ta sikhse amar, 85/4 e dancing down the wicket e jaye bold hoy...Chanda tomare ai tips dise??
Old November 24, 2012, 07:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

7 years in International cricket and this is what you come up with Mushy? He was never consistent. And he will never be.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old November 24, 2012, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Gola dhakka diye team theke ber kore deya uchit. Jottoshob fazil polapain, Test cricket ke party mone kore.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old November 24, 2012, 08:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I'm adding him to the list of players I was wrong about:

1. Mohammad Ashraful
2. Alok Kapali
3. Aftab Ahmed
4. Junaid Siddique Imroze
5. Imrul Kayes Shagor
6. Mushfiqur Rahim Mit'hu

The jury's still out on Dhiman Ghosh and Shubhagoto Hom as far as I'm concerned.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 24, 2012, 08:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Mushy'r hoilo ki??? Gets to a good start and then just throws it away... why our players are so stupid - Jaatir bibeker kachhe proshno..
Old November 24, 2012, 10:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
I remember last year when WI came to BD,after the last test Mushy along with his players were getting tips form chandarpol..there were a pic here in BC

Mushy je vab niye chandar kotha suntesilo na jani ki sikhe udhar kortesilo, Kola ta sikhse amar, 85/4 e dancing down the wicket e jaye bold hoy...Chanda tomare ai tips dise??
amara ashole upodesh nite pari na kintu dite ustad.
Old November 24, 2012, 10:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:

achha ei BC te psychology'r keo nai??? tahole ei gadhagulor mathai ki jukti chole ettu janar cheshta korte parto.. oder mone ki chole amar janar khub ichha.. mane shudhu Mushy na shobgula thik ek e kaaj kore- Tamim, Shakib, Nasir, Mushy.. bakider kotha to bolar proyojon e nai.. test innings e etto shundor batting korte theke hothat 4/6 newar lobh shamlkate pare na keno... eikhane jei 4 jon er naam bollam ei shobgular batting technique bhalo, jekono bowler face korte pare tahole hothat oi dancing down the wicket e jai keno keno keno ?????
Old November 24, 2012, 11:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Rohan Gavasker was upset and questioning about batting order of BD. In this series Nasir , Mahmudullah and Shakib were on top with batting average. He was surprised to see out of form Mushy coming before Nasir and Mahmudullah.
Old November 24, 2012, 11:43 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

The shocking thing was that Nazimuddin was selected ahead of fresh prospect Anamul Bijoy Haque. Can't believe that Bangladesh still don't have a full-time number 2 and 3. Tamim doesn't really care whether he performs or not and knows for the fact that there's no one better than him for the opening slot, he needs to be punished by dropping him until he sorts himself out physically and mentally. I'm tired of his inconsistency.
Old November 24, 2012, 01:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

For some reason, we end up being too soft on Mushy. The guy has always been a poor wicketkeeper and doesn't even average a 30 in any format. Yet he's the captain of our team. Not only that but he's got the most experience in the team as a batsman and has as much experence as Tamim and Shakib. Forget about Shakib, do you even see him being close to the caliber Tamim is? He averages only a 26 when matches won against the G8 which is pretty poor for 1 of the best batsmen on the team. We have a keeper in Dhiman Ghosh who is a million times better as a gloveman than Mushy and I'm sure he could average close to what Mushy does. And then we have Anamul who is supposed to be a better batsman than Mushy and I'm sure cant be worse as a gloveman. Time has come where Mushy has to be under pressure. I know he looks good once he gets going but scoring runs and being a good keeper is hid job and he's not doing a job right now. Time to prove your worth Mushy! I know you have it in you but as an experienced player, you need to deliver.
Old November 24, 2012, 02:37 PM
Cricket Savant

ki hoyeche...apnara shanto houn shanto houn apnara...... bolun khule bolun ki koreche she gotor ate shei bodmaash shei bokkhate mostan...bolun! bolun bolchi! ki koreche shey!!
Old November 24, 2012, 04:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
I'm adding him to the list of players I was wrong about:

1. Mohammad Ashraful
2. Alok Kapali
3. Aftab Ahmed
4. Junaid Siddique Imroze
5. Imrul Kayes Shagor
6. Mushfiqur Rahim Mit'hu

The jury's still out on Dhiman Ghosh and Shubhagoto Hom as far as I'm concerned.
I wouldn't put MR on that list...he's not nearly as pathetic as everyone else on that list. He may not have developed to where we would have liked, but except for Shakib no one has. Tamim, while good, is still a huge underachiever. He should be averaging 45 if not 50 given the flat tracks we play on and the mediocre bowling attacks we normally face, and he is barely averaging 37. Plus he hasn't had any WK gaffes recently either. If anything he's better now than he was before!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 24, 2012, 05:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

mushy has actually improved his skills and consistency over the years, still not where we want, but he has improved. the others on the list haven't.
Old November 24, 2012, 05:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Alot of people want Dhiman as our WK, but can he bat? Its customary nowadays for the WK too be good with the bat as well.
Old November 24, 2012, 05:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

He has had enough of time and encouragement to do well...if these didn't work, nothing will... If we expect he will improve from here, that's dreaming. Realistically, he should handover the gloves to Anamul and handover captaincy to be ready to perform or be dropped ... He can only get worse from here on...

Marriage is coming and Pappa's boy will have to give more time and concentration in the family front than improving his game... You can forget his improvement for next 2/3 years.
Old November 24, 2012, 06:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Alot of people want Dhiman as our WK, but can he bat? Its customary nowadays for the WK too be good with the bat as well.
dhiman has just hit a 140 odd not out yesterday in the NCL, he can bat, don't think he has as much talent as mushy though but with the structure of the current test team there is no reason why a keeper can't bat at #8 and move riyad and nasir up a spot.
Old November 24, 2012, 06:41 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I thought he would bat down the order after keeping for 200 overs or 15+ hours. Our top order didn't help him either. I expected both him and Shakib to bat down the order after that workload. Could've easily pushed up Nasir and Riyad. They should've made use of the long batting lineup.
Old November 25, 2012, 03:29 PM
Banned

time for mushfiqur rahim to step down.