facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 30, 2004, 07:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Reverse Swing by Bangladeshi Bowlers

Just read an interesting article in Daily Jugantor that Tareq Aziz wants to do reverse swing like Waqar Yunus. In fact he is saying that himself, Tapash and Mashrafee have been trying to do this for sometime. And in some domestic matches they had been successful sometimes.

Just wondering - which bowlers in the world can deliver reverse swing consistently?

Old April 30, 2004, 07:53 PM
Cricket Legend

None.

It was a Waqar-Wasim thing.
Old April 30, 2004, 08:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Default impressed to know that Bd bowlers are improving

Great job and really impressed that bowlers like Tareq wants to improve and has the urge to fight in test arena..and also wants to improve...thanks to Masri and Tapash who showed the way to this young quickies...what's going on with the quickie search program I have read before??...and we will soon get into a bz schedule ....great news
Old April 30, 2004, 08:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

Hey guys, I believe it would be unjust if you exclude Mohammad Shareef's name. He was the first BD bowler who could bowl some reverse swing; even though I don't know much control he truely had over his action.
Old April 30, 2004, 09:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Mushfique, Liton

Quote:
Originally posted by bd_cricket
Just read an interesting article in Daily Jugantor that Tareq Aziz wants to do reverse swing like Waqar Yunus. In fact he is saying that himself, Tapash and Mashrafee have been trying to do this for sometime. And in some domestic matches they had been successful sometimes.

Just wondering - which bowlers in the world can deliver reverse swing consistently?
apart from wasim-waqar, i think darren gough could bowl reverse swng's in his better days.
Old April 30, 2004, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i thought chacha bowled some of it during the 99 WC...
Old May 1, 2004, 12:57 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Perhaps T. Aziz has something to offer in the upcoming WI tour...
just one simple prob. : his control over his line!
but in the ZIM tour it seemed to me that he swings like hell !! (not sure if bothways... but seemed to me that his swing is the wicket-taker.. not his pace!)

Notable: Good aggressive coment by T. Aziz..... coz fast bowlers need to have the mental aggerassion towards the opposition!!

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by crickethorizon]
Old May 1, 2004, 01:36 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Yes, the difference between Tareq Aziz & others (Tapash/Mashrafee) is his aggressive thinking.

Even Mashrafee doesn't have the aggressive attitude that Tareq has.
Old May 1, 2004, 01:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Intimidation and aggression are key weapons that are as vital as bowling skills such as reverse swing for a fast bowler. Kudos to Tareq Aziz for showing some attitude that's so far eluded our toothless strike bowlers (not counting Mashrafee of course).

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by Flip Master Mick]
Old May 1, 2004, 03:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

yeah we need some aggression in our bolwers, like Tino Best. That kind of aggressin fires up the team and worries the lesser out of form batsmen.
Old May 1, 2004, 05:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshCricket
Great job and really impressed that bowlers like Tareq wants to improve and has the urge to fight in test arena..and also wants to improve...thanks to Masri and Tapash who showed the way to this young quickies...what's going on with the quickie search program I have read before??...and we will soon get into a bz schedule ....great news
“We are not in comfort Zone, no self-satisfaction, we will have to do better”. This mentality is positive, the person in his mind. To do mentality gives more aggression, more determination, which provides the direction. The management should also think to help these boys. In this connection I can remember couple of years before PCB hired Geoffrey Boycott at very high price for their batsman help. BCB can make arrangement of short term visit of some potential person or send a group to somewhere within our limitation would help to keep continuing this positive approach.
Old May 1, 2004, 06:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Default adding to that...

nurture this players in correct physique for being a fast bowler...this tall guys (mauy be Tareq's growth and physique wont go through big change cuz his teen years are over) but BCB should definitly think about "creating" "good physique" players for future turturing the "teens". I think itz possible in this genetic revolutionary era, though it's a issue about morality ..takn'n upon God..but
Old May 1, 2004, 08:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Yes we can compare with the Chinese players. Now they look like more than European! How they did it?
Old May 1, 2004, 08:20 AM
Test Cricketer

exactly ...chinese ppl are looking like europeans...I heard there was some research and also "othr" stuff went on through gov programs ...to "test" on human beings...neways itz possible and for the good of the country we might have to do it disregarding the moral issues...Yao Ming in NBA is 7'6" taller than Shaq O'Neil(7'5")...a chinese guy how can be that tall(where his parents aint that tall) ...neways thatz a mystery
Old May 1, 2004, 10:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
exactly ...chinese ppl are looking like europeans...I heard there was some research and also "othr" stuff went on through gov programs ...to "test" on human beings...neways itz possible and for the good of the country we might have to do it disregarding the moral issues...Yao Ming in NBA is 7'6" taller than Shaq O'Neil(7'5")...a chinese guy how can be that tall(where his parents aint that tall) ...neways thatz a mystery
Shaq is actually about 7'2". Yao is 7'6", but its not true that his parents weren't tall. His mother was in the women's national basketball team for china and is 6'6" and his father, to the best of my knowledge is 6'8".

It is true that height helps if you are a fast bowler, but a 5'8" guy can be just as affective. Just look at the late great Malcolm Marshall. However, I feel that 6'0" is good height for a fast bowler, and many teens in bangladesh are now approaching this height. This is why I have full faith in BCB's fast bowler search to yield a couple of dangerous paceman in time for the next world cup.
Old May 1, 2004, 12:51 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Mashrafee Rebirth!

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
Even Mashrafee doesn't have the aggressive attitude that Tareq has.
.. Wel i must say i was surprised and pretty much impressed by some very recent signes tht Mashri started showing!!..
and it was just before his falling off on the pitch and getting himself injured that he showed superb aggressive fireworks!.. bowling eye-to-eye to the England batsmen, with one bouncers after another he just came up as a killer for the opposition in this very recent series of him!!...
Damn handsome and impressive he was i must say... unfortunately had to quit the series for injury..
I have a feeling that we are gonna see an all-new Masree the moment he comes back to ground.. he just showed the signs before he departed!
Old May 1, 2004, 04:52 PM
Cricket Legend

ji kanababa bhai,
mohammad sharif antorjatik cricket theke kintu chitke porechilen injury ar karone. besh koshto korte hoyeche take ai injury ar shathe loraiyye. tobe asha korbo ashche september ar modhhe tini mathe fire paben. tobe je kotha bolchilam hai tini kintu reverse swing kore thaken. ebong tini kintu bangladesher gotimoy bolerder modhhe akjon. ebong apni jai prosnoti korechilen tar bol control ar upore amar kintu mone hoi je tar bol ar upor control khub atka kharap na. ebong jotodur mone hoi tini motamoti consistent. dannabad.