facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 12, 2013, 01:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
The whining never ends. How many ways can one guy justify his failures over a 10+ yr long career? Public pressure, bad luck, media pressure, lucky field placement, bad umpire, green pitch, one bad shot, unfair selection and the list can go on and on and on. Stop playing the role of Victim by blaming someone else for your own lack of runs in cricket. You don't score runs consistently and that's why your average is in the 20s. Neither the media or the fans is bowling at you or playing cricket with you. Please take charge of your own destiny! you have been in the game long enough. All national players worldwide go through the same pressure you go through and yet those other guys have a learning curve and a respectable average.
He didn't have an ideal career to draw ideal conclusion.

The age, team, the role and the events he went through is hardly ideal for any player of any team. S, if he can come to terms with his game playing 10+ years to suit an ideal situation, we shouldn't have a problem. Specially for a country which can't guarantee that anyone walking in with a domestic performance will be worth half the Ashraul. S please stop using 10 years and so many matches theory to undermine. Even a team like India looks to Wasim safari and Pakistan to Misbah at their age. So an experienced player in form is any day better than a newcomer. The word future is being used too cheaply and in wrong ways in BC ......

Old February 12, 2013, 01:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

he gave at least 1 chance early in his innings plus one a chance had their been slips (before he reached 30) and another when he was in his 80s (if there had been slips). his problem isn't just mental he needs to work on hitting the ball along the turf and better placement. he has the shots, he has decent technique but this excuse that luck is the reason for not scoring because the ball goes to fielders is silly, that is something a batsman can work on and improve. i really think keeping him away from the national team and forcing him to have to score runs consistently could bring him to where he becomes a quality international batsman, but he needs to change his mindset that it's luck and needs to work hard on it. the same can be said of alok and aftab, but with ash scoring some tons this season he gives more hope than either of them. and btw bowlers having to front up to an inform ash with dilshan at the other end would be the happiest of scenarios for a bowler.

also yes he does need to stop playing victim.
Old February 12, 2013, 01:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Two more 50's he will definitely enter in the national squad for SL tour. Let's see if he can do this
Old February 12, 2013, 02:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
Two more 50's he will definitely enter in the national squad for SL tour. Let's see if he can do this
only for t20s i hope...sometimes you can judge form across formats but i don't think ashraful is the type of player to do that for.
Old February 12, 2013, 02:10 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
He didn't have an ideal career to draw ideal conclusion.

The age, team, the role and the events he went through is hardly ideal for any player of any team. S, if he can come to terms with his game playing 10+ years to suit an ideal situation, we shouldn't have a problem. Specially for a country which can't guarantee that anyone walking in with a domestic performance will be worth half the Ashraul. S please stop using 10 years and so many matches theory to undermine. Even a team like India looks to Wasim safari and Pakistan to Misbah at their age. So an experienced player in form is any day better than a newcomer. The word future is being used too cheaply and in wrong ways in BC ......
Let me get this straight. You are saying i cannot overuse the 10 yrs of cricket and many matches(in short: experience) to undermine him for his lack of runs but it is okay for you to defend him using the same reason by saying that an experienced player in form is any day better than a newcomer?

If I am guilty of using his experience to undermine him then you are equally guilty of using experience to oversell his real value as a cricketer right now. There is no doubt he was an asset when we had no one to bank on but lets ask ourselves what is the value of Experience? In my view it is the enhanced understanding of match situation, enhanced ability to absorb pressure and refined stroke-play and enhanced tactical know-how that makes a player's experience so valuable. That's why the Hussey's, Misbah, Smith, Jayawardene are so highly regarded in the team. In case of Ashraful none of those development have taken place. Do you see any difference between the Ashraful crash bang wallop innings against England in 2005 and this BPL century?
Old February 12, 2013, 02:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
only for t20s i hope...sometimes you can judge form across formats but i don't think ashraful is the type of player to do that for.
I was thinking about T20 only...Sad but true, there is no place for him in the ODI/ Test squad. But right now after hitting 100 Ashraful thinking that he might get a shot in Test too just because of his records in SL. Let's see what selectors think of his test spot. NO doubt it will make things more worse for him if he flops.
Old February 12, 2013, 02:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Let me get this straight. You are saying i cannot overuse the 10 yrs of cricket and many matches(in short: experience) to undermine him for his lack of runs but it is okay for you to defend him by saying that an experienced player in form is any day better than a newcomer?

What is the value of Experience? In my view it is the enhanced understanding of match situation, enhanced ability to absorb pressure and refined stroke-play and enhanced tactical know-how that makes a player's experience so valuable. That's why the Hussey's, Misbah, Smith, Jayawardene are so highly regarded in the team. In case of Ashraful none of those development have taken place. Do you see any difference between the Ashraful crash bang wallop innings against England in 2005 and this BPL century?
that's a really good explanation for value of experience
Old February 12, 2013, 02:38 AM
MLC World Series I

What a pathetic interview that was from an experienced player. Still believes in luck and all that theory for his lack of runs
Old February 12, 2013, 07:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
The whining never ends. How many ways can one guy justify his failures over a 10+ yr long career? Public pressure, bad luck, media pressure, lucky field placement, bad umpire, green pitch, one bad shot, unfair selection and the list can go on and on and on. Stop playing the role of Victim by blaming someone else for your own lack of runs in cricket. You don't score runs consistently and that's why your average is in the 20s. Neither the media or the fans is bowling at you or playing cricket with you. Please take charge of your own destiny! you have been in the game long enough. All national players worldwide go through the same pressure you go through and yet those other guys have a learning curve and a respectable average.
Quote:
Let me get this straight. You are saying i cannot overuse the 10 yrs of cricket and many matches(in short: experience) to undermine him for his lack of runs but it is okay for you to defend him using the same reason by saying that an experienced player in form is any day better than a newcomer?

If I am guilty of using his experience to undermine him then you are equally guilty of using experience to oversell his real value as a cricketer right now. There is no doubt he was an asset when we had no one to bank on but lets ask ourselves what is the value of Experience? In my view it is the enhanced understanding of match situation, enhanced ability to absorb pressure and refined stroke-play and enhanced tactical know-how that makes a player's experience so valuable. That's why the Hussey's, Misbah, Smith, Jayawardene are so highly regarded in the team. In case of Ashraful none of those development have taken place. Do you see any difference between the Ashraful crash bang wallop innings against England in 2005 and this BPL century?
agree korlam.

Ash belongs to the époque of our grandma, "kopal lagey kopal, kopal chara kichu hoy?"

Anyway, I just want him to back his skills/talent, like Sakib & Nasir do rather than saying ," I was lucky" , I would like to hear him saying " I worked/focused well, so I scored runs"
Old February 12, 2013, 08:07 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:

bhai bad den..ager 10 bochorer kotha bola jabena but bochore akta century marle ota niye nachanachi kora jayez
Old February 12, 2013, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Accha highlights dekhlam, kintu Ashraful er ei century ta ektu Imrul Payesh marka howe gelo na? Plethora of edges, mishits, uppish shots and no-man's-land landings. To his credit, he did hang in there and finish it off, getting slightly better with time. I doubt any of this forced improvisation will work on another day, let alone against better bowlers in an international match.
Old February 12, 2013, 09:53 AM
Cricket Guru

there are only two Eids in a year....
Old February 12, 2013, 11:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Ashraful: I think I did not bat well... I think
Old February 12, 2013, 11:34 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Ashraful: I think I did not bat well... I think
Sir ash ke amara abaro bhul bhujtechi.

Sir Ash jane SL test chance o peye geche tai jatiyo sarthe o ektu practice tectice kore nicchilo...should give credit where its due
Old February 12, 2013, 09:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Hotath kore abar potayee gelo? Taar upor dui dui ta run out?

What happened?
Old February 13, 2013, 01:21 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_[url
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2013/content/story/604489.html[/url]
"Luck" should be occasional, but Ash needs it regularly, and plenty of it. Unfortunately, nature has its limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
I hit the ball straight to fielders. It was my bad luck..., so when people talk about it, the pressure goes up.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/604489.html
"Hitting the ball straight to the fielder" (an inevitable) is a problem with his cricketing skills, not bad luck. And public will always talk, and there will be pressure always.

Finally, congrats him for making this 100. It was good to watch. However, IMO, he can't be a solution for our NT. We should invest on other talents like Anamul, Mominul, Sabbir et al.

Last edited by riankhan; February 13, 2013 at 03:15 AM..
Old February 13, 2013, 02:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

And follows up with a disgraceful T20 knock. How Ashraful-esque
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old February 13, 2013, 03:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by riankhan
"Luck" should be occasional, but Ash needs it regularly, and plenty of it. Unfortunately, nature has its limited.

"Hitting the ball straight to the fielder" (an inevitable) is a problem in his cricketing skills, not bad luck. And public will always talk, and there will be pressure always.

Finally, congrats him for making this 100. It was good to watch. However, IMO, he can't be a solution for our NT. We should invest on other talents like Anamul, Mominul, Sabbir et al.
yes it is a problem with his cricketing skills, also he's not ready for it mentally. to say it's about luck just shows where his mind is at, it's a skills problem and he should be looking at it as a skills problem and trying to improve it. instead he continues on his merry way saying it's all down to luck. as for pressure, it's been said before, everyone has to deal with it, this again shows where his mind is at.
Old February 13, 2013, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Value of those eid innings are gone. Need consistency.
Old February 13, 2013, 09:19 PM
Cricket Sage

It doesn't matter if he gets another eid innings or not for the rest of the BPL, he just hit a jackpot with his century already....that should be enough... with Bashar in his left and the century in his right....there is no way he will miss the trip to SL.
Old February 13, 2013, 09:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Accha highlights dekhlam, kintu Ashraful er ei century ta ektu Imrul Payesh marka howe gelo na? Plethora of edges, mishits, uppish shots and no-man's-land landings. To his credit, he did hang in there and finish it off, getting slightly better with time. I doubt any of this forced improvisation will work on another day, let alone against better bowlers in an international match.
Why?

Why? Why tarnish the sailors cry?
Why? Why poke'a'hole in pirate's eye?
Why? Why dilute an eye dropper dosage?
Why spit on soup, Thai?
Old February 14, 2013, 01:16 AM
Cricket Guru

He is running out his partners (and himself) pretty regularly nowadays. Why would anyone want this bolod back in the national team? He is much more trouble than his worth.
Old February 14, 2013, 03:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
dada, eto kotin sottho bolte nai, sshhhhhh !! public mind korbe )
Old February 14, 2013, 09:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Why ashraful still not batting? Is he demoted as a punishment for his run outs? Or a reward for his century and giving him much needed rest?
Old February 14, 2013, 10:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Why ashraful still not batting? Is he demoted as a punishment for his run outs? Or a reward for his century and giving him much needed rest?
ya, and this reward remains valid till the end of BPL.