facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old June 18, 2011, 04:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Siddikur swings back
Sports Reporter
Siddikur Rahman moved up to joint fourth at the end of round two of the Queen's Cup with a sparkling 68 at the Santiburi Samui Country Club in Thailand yesterday. Coupled with his first round score of 69, Siddikur was tied with three other golfers at five-under-par 137 (71-par-course) as some 67 players made the cut into the final two rounds. Last year's champion Tetsuji Hiratsuka shot a 70 but is six shots back.

Siddikur, who pulled off his first top-10 finish at this course last year, before going on to lift the Brunei Open, was satisfied with his day's work.

“When I started in the afternoon, it was blowing and I dropped two shots in the first three holes. But I stayed confident and got the round together with five birdies. I'm hitting it good and I'm in a good position,” said the 26-year-old, who is currently second on the Asian Order of Merit.

South Africa's Jbe Kruger hold joint lead along with Japan's Daisuke Maruyama with seven-under-par (135) after the two rounds.

Local hero Chinnarat Phadungsil, the 2009 Queen's Cup champion, lies one shot off the leaders while Siddikur, Chawalit Plaphol and Somkiat Srisanga of Thailand, and Finnish rookie Kalle Samooja are a further shot back in the US 300,000 dollar tournament.

Overnight leader Prayad Marksaeng of Thailand slipped three off the pace after struggling to a 73 where he is tied with India's Anirban Lahiri (72) and Gavin Flint of Australia (71) on 138

Source

Old June 18, 2011, 09:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Siddikur had super bad day. Down to 15th position!
Old June 18, 2011, 10:00 AM
Cricket Legend

What is his score now?
Old June 18, 2011, 07:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

_
Sports
Sunday, June 19, 2011Sports
Siddikur crashes hard
Sports Reporter

Bangladesh ace golfer Siddikur Rahman relinquished his strong position in the Queen's Cup golf championship to slip to joint fifteenth position after a third round score of three-over-par 74 (71-par-course) at the Santiburi Samui Country Club in Thailand yesterday. The first two rounds well went for Siddikur with an opening round of two-under-par 69 and a second round score of three-under-par 68 catapulting him to joint fourth position on Friday.

It was a happy day for local star Chawalit Plapho, who overtook joint leaders Jbe Kruger of South Africa and Japan's Daisuke Maruyama with a cumulative score of eight-under-par 205.

However, yesterday was a horror day for the highest ranked player in the competition, as he hit a bogey on the third and sixteenth holes, as well as a double bogey on the ninth. Today is the fourth and final roundof the Queen's Cup, but Siddikur, who is six shots behind with a cumulative score of 211, is all but out of the race.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=190537
Old June 19, 2011, 04:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Oh for god's sake. . .
Old June 20, 2011, 04:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Frustrating! He ended up at 16th position. His final score is +1.
Old July 10, 2011, 06:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)
Default Siddikur electrifies Malaysian event

Bangladesh wonder boy Siddikur has won Negeri Sembilan Masters Invitational in Malaysia in an electrifying fashion.

Stepping up from a ball-boy to Asia's one of the best, the 26-year-old soared to victory with two eagles on the back nine at Seremban International Golf Club on Sunday to finish with a four-round aggregate of 17-under-par 271 and earn a cheque for $26,230.

He fired a final-round seven-under-par 65 for a four-shot victory over Malaysia's top golfer Danny Chia, who came in with a 70, Times of India website reports.

Malaysia's Rashid Ismail and Shaaban Hussin finished a stroke further back after carding rounds of 68 and 70 respectively.

The Negeri Sembilan Masters Invitational boasts prize money of $165,000 and is the most lucrative tournament on the ASEAN PGA Tour.

"Winning this week was my target and I am very happy to have done that," said Siddikur, who goes by just one name, the website adds.

"This tournament means a lot to me as it was the first tournament I played in Malaysia as a professional three years ago.

"They have invited me back every year and I am very grateful for that," said Siddikur, who is currently in second place on the Asian Tour Order of Merit.

He started the day three behind the leader Airil Rizman from Malaysia. While Rizman fell back with a 74 Siddikur got stronger and stronger as the round went on, the Indian website further added.

He pulled away from the pack on the back nine with an eagle on the par-five 11th, where he hit a five wood to 30 feet, and a birdie on the 14th.

He was comfortably in the lead but there was no let-up as he nailed an eagle on the par-five 18th, where his five wood approach just missed the green. He chipped in from the edge from 10 yards to seal an emphatic victory.

Leading final-round scores (par 72):

271 - Siddikur (BAN) 69-68-69-65

275 - Danny Chia (MAS) 66-71-68-70

276 - Rashid Ismail (MAS) 70-66-72- 68, Shaaban Hussin (MAS) 68-69-69-70

277 - Udorn Duangdecha (THA) 72-69-69-67, Atthaphon Prathummanee (THA) 65-70-70-72, Airil Rizman (MAS) 65-72-66-74

279 - Antonio Lascuna (PHI) 66-71-68-74

280 - Rory Hie (INA) 69-71-72-68, Scott Barr (AUS) 73-69-69-69

SOURCE
Old July 10, 2011, 07:50 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Great News.. Thanks for sharing bro..
Old July 10, 2011, 12:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Nice. What a player!!
Old July 10, 2011, 04:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

মালয়েশিয়ায় চ্যাম্পিয়ন সিদ্দিকুর

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ১১-০৭-২০১১

০ মন্তব্য
প্রিন্ট

ShareThis

« আগের সংবাদ পরের সংবাদ»

শেষ রাউন্ডে অসাধারণ খেলে মালয়েশিয়ার আমন্ত্রণমূলক নেগেরি সেমবিলান মাস্টার্স গলফে চ্যাম্পিয়ন হলেন বাংলাদেশের সিদ্দিকুর রহমান। কাল সেরেমবানে শেষ দিনে পারের চেয়ে ৭ শট কম খেলেছেন ২৬ বছর বয়সী এই গলফার। ফলে আগের রাউন্ড পর্যন্ত ৩ শট পিছিয়ে থাকা সিদ্দিকুরই শেষ পর্যন্ত চ্যাম্পিয়ন। আর চ্যাম্পিয়ন হয়ে পকেটে পুরেছেন বাংলাদেশি মুদ্রায় প্রায় সাড়ে ১৯ লাখ টাকা।
কাল শেষ রাউন্ডের ১১তম ও শেষ হোলে করেছেন দু-দুটি ইগল (এক হোলে পারের চেয়ে দুই শট কম)। সব মিলিয়ে তাঁর স্কোর ২৭১, পারের চেয়ে ১৭ শট কম।
দ্বিতীয় হওয়া মালয়েশিয়ার ড্যানি চিয়ারের চেয়ে সিদ্দিকুর ৬ শট কম খেলেছেন। তৃতীয় দিন পর্যন্ত শীর্ষে থাকা আইরিল রিজম্যান শেষ পর্যন্ত হয়েছেন চতুর্থ। তথ্যসূত্র: এএফপি।
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...11/news/169478
Old July 10, 2011, 08:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

^ he is just 26 years old ? okay, even if his real age is 28 (26+2) but thats also surprising. I thought he was 32-33.
Old July 10, 2011, 10:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

PGA PGA PGA PGA come on I want to see him on PGA tour! the real deal!
Old July 11, 2011, 05:15 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

The Wonder Boy of Bangladesh Sports !!
Congrats to Siddikur.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 11, 2011, 05:39 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Sorry to disappoint guys "ASEAN PGA" is not in the same standard as "ASIAN TOUR" where you would see top players from European Tour and USA.

Then again win is win.

http://www.aseanpgatour.com/
Old July 11, 2011, 03:22 PM
Cricket Legend

original bagher bachha....

but ASEAN or ASIAN.... as the newspapers say, he will be the richest sports in Bangladesh very soon. The rise is just remarkable....
Old July 11, 2011, 03:34 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I didnt understand the game until the other day my boss took me to play golf with her. Its a great game..And I must say Siddiqur is our pride. I hope one day he'll get to play in PGA....
Old July 11, 2011, 03:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I didnt understand the game until the other day my boss took me to play golf with her. Its a great game..And I must say Siddiqur is our pride. I hope one day he'll get to play in PGA....
And hopefully he'll bring young talents to the game.
Old July 16, 2011, 05:01 PM
Banned

MashAllah. Great to see a sportsman in a new arena. Thank you Siddikur, Bangladesh is proud of you.

What next?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old July 21, 2011, 12:50 AM
Cricket Legend

শুরুটা ভালো হলো না সিদ্দিকুরের

গত ১০ জুলাই মালয়েশিয়ারই আমন্ত্রণমূলক নেগেরি সেমবেলান মাস্টার্স গলফে চ্যাম্পিয়ন হয়েছেন সিদ্দিকুর রহমান। কাল মালয়েশিয়াতেই শুরু হওয়া এশিয়ান ট্যুরের সেলাঙ্গর মাস্টার্সে অবশ্য শুরুটা ভালো হলো না বাংলাদেশের গলফারের। সেলাঙ্গর মাস্টার্সের প্রথম দিন শেষে পারের চেয়ে ৪ শট কম খেলে আটজনের সঙ্গে যৌথভাবে সপ্তম স্থানে সিদ্দিকুর। তাঁর লেগেছে ৬৮ শট। পারের চেয়ে ১০ শট কম খেলে ফিনল্যান্ডের ইয়োনাস গ্রানবার্গ সবার ওপরে থেকে শেষ করেছেন প্রথম রাউন্ড।

SOURCE
Old July 22, 2011, 10:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Default এগিয়েছেন সিদ্দিকুর

মালয়েশিয়ায় সেলাঙ্গর মাস্টার্সের তৃতীয় রাউন্ডে যৌথভাবে সেরা পাঁচ-এ উঠে এসেছেন বাংলাদেশের সিদ্দিকুর রহমান। আগের রাউন্ডে যৌথভাবে ষষ্ঠস্থানে অবস্থান করা সিদ্দিকুর তৃতীয় রাউন্ডে পারের চেয়ে দুই শট কম নেন।

কোটা পারমাই গলফ অ্যান্ড কাউন্টি ক্লাবে রাউন্ডের ১৮ হোলের খেলায় সব মিলে তিনটি বার্ডি ও এক বগি পেয়েছেন ব্রুনাই ওপেনজয়ী সিদ্দিুকুর। সব মিলে পারের চেয়ে আট শট কম নিয়ে সেরাদের তালিকায় পাঁচ জনের সঙ্গে পঞ্চমস্থানে জায়গা করে নেন। প্রতিযোগিতায় আরো এক রাউন্ডের খেলা বাকি রয়েছে।

সব মিলে পারের চেয়ে ১৩ শট এগিয়ে থেকে প্রতিযোগিতার লিডার বোর্ডে প্রথম স্থানে রয়েছেন থাইল্যান্ডের পানুফল পিত্তায়ারাত। ৬৭ শটে তৃতীয় রাউন্ড শেষ করে ফিলিপাইনের অ্যান্টনিও ল্যাসকুনাকে প্রথম স্থান থেকে হটিয়ে দেন ১৮ বছরের এই থাই গলফার। ৬৬ শটে খেলে দ্বিতীয়স্থানে রয়েছে টুর্নামেন্টে ২০০৭ সালের শিরোপাধারী অ্যান্টনিও।

এদিকে সবমিলে পারের চেয়ে নয় শট কম নিয়ে তৃতীয়স্থানে উঠে এসেছেন অস্ট্রেলিয়ার অ্যাডাম গ্রুম। তালিকায় চতুর্থস্থানে রয়েছেন ফিনল্যান্ডের জোনাস গ্রানবার্গ। ৬৬ শটে তৃতীয় রাউন্ড সমাপ্ত করেন অ্যাডাম গ্রুম। অন্যদিকে সবমিলিয়ে পারের চেয়ে নয় শট কম খেললেও তৃতীয় রাউন্ডের ১৮ হোলে বল ফেলতে ৭০ শট প্রয়োজন হয় গ্রানবার্গের।

SOURCE
Old July 23, 2011, 01:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

five shot behind the leader. Not bad. Anything can happen in the final day. Keep plugging Sid.
Old July 23, 2011, 01:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Siddikur finishes 5th

Quote:
Siddikur Rahman ended the Worldwide Holdings Selangor Masters on a respectable joint fifth position while Finland's rookie Joonas Granberg grabbed the prestigious title in splendid style in Malaysia on Saturday.

Siddikur carded a 4-under-par 68 on the last day to take his aggregate to eight-under-par 276, yet fell three short of the eventual winner. It was a consistent show from the Bangladeshi at the Kota Permai Golf and Country Club over the four rounds (68, 70, 70, 68) that earned him a fifth place finish and a cheque of 13,320 dollars.

Fresh off his Sembilan Masters triumph a week ago, Siddikur started with a 68 in the first round yet had to be content with seventh place after a very competitive round one in which Granberg took the lead with a 10-under-par. While the other contenders were up and down over the four days and the lead changed hands frequently, Siddikur remained steady, showing the good form he is in.

Thailand's Panuphol Pittayarat held on to the lead in the second and the third rounds while Siddikur stayed in contention. In the end it was Granberg's closing round of six-under-par 66 that edged Panuphol Pittayarat by a shot as Siddikur ended three shots adrift.

Granberg, the 24-year-old rookie, who set a new course record 62 in the opening round, became only the second Finnish victor on the Asian Tour and said the win was more than he had bargained for.

"I thought I had a chance for a top-10 or top-five, but now, I'm a winner," he told the Asian Tours website yesterday.

"I just played it one shot at a time. I said yesterday that 66 would be okay and now I'm the winner. It's amazing," Granberg said.

FINAL SCORES

273 - Joonas Granberg (FIN)

274 - Panuphol Pittayarat (THA)

275 - Adam Groom (AUS), Antonio Lascuna (PHI)

276 - Sukree Othman (MAS), Marcus Both (AUS), Siddikur (BAN)
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=195522
Old July 26, 2011, 04:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

This guy is continuously impressing me with his performance. He just picked up the Malaysian Open Trophy. He ranks 120 in the world. Not bad !!

Keep going SR and make us feel proud of you. He is the best golfer of this subcontinent I guess. The Indians playing in different circuits aren't actually indians, rathar of Indian origin only.

Quote:
He has previously played international tournaments in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, and Pakistan, etc. Rahman is the only golfer to have won golf trophies in all SAARC countries.
Old August 5, 2011, 12:55 AM
Cricket Legend

SOURCE
Old August 10, 2011, 05:01 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib
Default Article on Siddiqur Rahman about participating upcoming omega european masters

Check Here