facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 29, 2008, 08:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
What the hell has Alok done? I can see Kapali making the squad for the series against South Africa, he deserves to, he is having a great NCL and was player of the tournament last season and hopefully this is the last time we see Tushar in green and red.
Well he didn't make the squad for SA but he certainly did for the Asia Cup. Thank god Tushar hasn't returned yet.

Old June 29, 2008, 08:31 AM
Cricket Guru

BD has different problem...instead of nurturing a player properly...they were just throwing new players in the den...These players should have been trained intenesly
Old June 29, 2008, 09:52 AM
Cricket Legend

"One swallow does not make Summer". I am still in this club. His 84* in losing cause give him a license to stay in the team for two years; this century give him the license not to perform for four years. Let him prove me wrong as Tamim proved
Old June 29, 2008, 04:48 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

I saw the last 10 overs against India. Pure brilliance. I'm always for consistency (even if it's 20-40), so I won't jump in a Kaps bandwagon. However, it's good to see a glimpse of Kapali of old. His 89 against WI, 6 years ago, promised much much more then what hez achieved. He is still pretty young (<30) and if hez gotten his head screwed on tight, we can expect a more consistent Kapali.
Old June 29, 2008, 08:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
We waited for FOUR long years for that day to come. That is way too long of a time to wait to find out that that day will never come.

By the way, I can see some people will get jealous that they are not eligible to join this club.
Bad call! Very bad call, indeed!

How many centuries Ash has in the ODI's, by the way, in his 120+ ODI career?
And FOUR long years in BD context is very short years, if you follow what I mean!
Old June 29, 2008, 08:45 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Adam Gilchrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
How many centuries Ash has in the ODI's, by the way, in his 120+ ODI career?
Two, 100 against Australia and 109 against Hong Kong.
Old June 29, 2008, 09:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

To Support BanCricfan, I wonder if SRT was Bengali what we would say about him, Bangladesh are in no position to rotate players left and right, if the skill to tackle and dominant or stand par against the best in the world, Kapali has five 50's ... I know a Big gap from 03 to 08 but 89* against the West indies was no fluke, Same goes to Ash and Aftab who have won matches give them proper coaching and see how much consitient they become ... No Bangladeshi Born Batsmen is qualified to teach these batsmen, they'd be better off carrying there bags.

Before Siddons Sakib Mainly scored vs Minnows now he had a great tour against Pakistan, very similar to Kapalis tour in 03, you won't see the drop because Kapali never had a Jamie Siddons, A Great Batsmen to help him in his flaws, Sakib did. Before Aftab got hit in the head you could see the change in Aftab along with the positive results. People really forget that, look at Tamim now It's no Coinceidence that he's performing with Siddons arrival.

Quote:
The third phase, the Sachin Tendulkar era, began the following year with two important developments. Tendulkar opened the batting for the first time, in New Zealand, and later made his first century, in Sri Lanka, in his 79th match.
Old June 29, 2008, 09:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

This is my first post in this thread. The Indians are more inclined to join "No Sourav, No Dravid Club" recently. But again when Saurav performed things about public started changing.

So in sports winning is all matters. Its like BD politics. You have free ticket to choose your party in every election.
Old June 29, 2008, 10:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

There were few of us who opposed this kind of wild asking for heads whenever players didnt perform for few occasions,, And we all know Kapali is one of those players we love to hate. Tusher/Pilot/ are few more of those examples,,,

It should always be about recent performances, not age, not the count of chances the players got.. Alok scored only one century which showed how he can also match Ashraful's class. He is no Gautum Gambhir who is scoring centuries after another...He has lot to prove still. However, I think Alok gives other discarded national some hope that being out of international scene doesnt necessarily take away the ability to dominate in that arena. It should also give cues to the selectors that they should not always look for another Dollar/Sajid/Nazim,, there are still some experienced players who can still be effective and promising. Hey,, Jayasuriya is still beating the hell out of bowlers, isnt he?
Old June 30, 2008, 03:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Never joined this group coz i believed in both of them. But I still think that Nafees Iqbal has a better chance of using his opportunity in the national team than Tushar. Nafees is another player whose immense talent can still be used. I hope it is given some attention.
I hope Alok holds on this time around and keeps his good form for a very long time...
Old May 27, 2009, 06:05 PM
Club Cricketer

sign me up! i want to be a member even if i have to pay for it.
Old May 28, 2009, 03:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
Never joined this group coz i believed in both of them. But I still think that Nafees Iqbal has a better chance of using his opportunity in the national team than Tushar. Nafees is another player whose immense talent can still be used. I hope it is given some attention.
I hope Alok holds on this time around and keeps his good form for a very long time...
Nafees has cleared that he has no plan to come back and play for national side.
Old May 28, 2009, 05:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Why not??
Old May 28, 2009, 05:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abid_Khan
Why not??
He is not good enough to face Fast bowler from Aussie, Eng, SA, WI, IND, PAK, SRI but he can play against Zimbabwe, Kenya, etc because they haven't got Fast bowler who regularly can bowl 90MPH.
Old May 28, 2009, 06:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abid_Khan
Why not??
He has repeatedly mention about the so called back stabbing against him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc70
He is not good enough to face Fast bowler from Aussie, Eng, SA, WI, IND, PAK, SRI but he can play against Zimbabwe, Kenya, etc because they haven't got Fast bowler who regularly can bowl 90MPH.
lol....that's true in a way...
Old May 28, 2009, 02:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
he is talking about Nafees Iqbal not Shahriar Nafees
Old May 28, 2009, 04:11 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc70
That's why he had scored a century against Australia, and 68 against the likes of Stein and Co. on the South Africa series. You ever see his test scores?
Old May 28, 2009, 06:08 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

Can we ever think anything Positive? instead saying "NO" why can't we say YES anyone can play for BD who deserves it? Be it Tushar/ Alok or even JO

Pathetically people are making decision without verifying a comment. How do we know what Alok said in Protom alo is all LIE? after knowing that our selectors would do anything to give a chance to their Nephew or Brother..

I would just say These players are recognised for whatever contribution they made for BD. No matter to what extent. They important thing is THEY HAVE!

WE SHOULD NOT CRITICISE UNTIL WE HAVE DONE SOMETHING BETTER
Old May 28, 2009, 06:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Haha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
No Tushar Imran No Alok Kapali, Ever- Club

Or

Notinake Club.

Join now!!

Members so far

-Rubu
-Miraz
-tonoy
-djnaved
-antora93
-Fantastic
-Omio (please confirm receiving the payment)
-offstump
-nobody
-rubel_18
-Moshin
-lamisa
-mhj007
-Protic
-mhn
-shuba
-taklima_naj
-BANFAN

Few more people already jointed in the chat room but I forgot exactly who they are. Please confirm here.

We'll have the word "notinake" in your sig somewhere.

Please keep in mind that this thread is not posted on the wake of the blunder on 30th December 2007. It is due to the complete set of events starting 2000.
LOLZ HAHA
DUDE no offence but leave these poor guy alone ... he got his life ... stop hating people not good ... be a bit more educated (no am not saying about ur education but the situation) about this kinda threads you ppl open ... by opening a thread it dosent prove anything ... its their decision on where to play ...nyways chao
Old May 28, 2009, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
LOLZ HAHA
DUDE no offence but leave these poor guy alone ... he got his life ... stop hating people not good ... be a bit more educated (no am not saying about ur education but the situation) about this kinda threads you ppl open ... by opening a thread it dosent prove anything ... its their decision on where to play ...nyways chao
Exactly man, this is getting sadder! No more bashings plz!
Old May 28, 2009, 07:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
he is talking about Nafees Iqbal not Shahriar Nafees
I'm confused...
Old May 29, 2009, 12:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Well, I think we should be Optimistic. With due respect to all the perception, I cant support this mentality that "Never". I will say we should provide them chance If they agree that they did a mistake and will play for Bangladesh in future with full of their effort and patriotism. But they have to prove it. Otherwise, if they think they gave Bangladesh everything (Dheman Ghosh said he serve enough to Bangladesh what Bangladesh gave him) than they are wrong.

If they stay with their money hungry mentality, I will say "Never even consider them as Bangladeshi anymore".
Old June 6, 2009, 06:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Kapali will be back for sure, Tushar other hand will never make it.