facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 20, 2011, 02:20 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
This is the nature of profession sports. But there is justification here.

You can drop a player or two for continued bad performance or negative impact on the team. When the WHOLE team fails twice in a world cup in the fashion we did, the person taking the fall HAS to be the HEAD COACH.

With the same mistakes being repeated, it means one of three things.. (1) The coach did not get the players he wanted, (2) He did not teach/coach/prepare successfully or (3) He is unable to get through to these players.

Now there was never a doubt about the ability of the players in the XV. They whitewashed a Kiwi side, beat an English side and as most of Siddons-apologists/defenders will tell you are a far more improved BD side than any other imaginable. So that leaves 2 or 3. Either way, the Head Coach needs to be changed. Whether its a sacking or not extending the contract thats just details.

Personally, now that the decision is made about not extending and if the AUS result has no impact on his future with BCB, there is no need to keep him around for those 3 matches. IP and JF have enough experience to manage without him for a 3 ODI series until a decision is made on his replacement.
All those three points matter only when there is credibility for the players.Bangladesh players lacks in technique when they come to international level.and National team is not the place for doing that.but in Bangladesh the national coaches are doing that.correcting their technique.and the players have shown improvement in those department.(now if the players have done that,then 2 and 3 are done)only after that can the team think about preparing and working on plans to win matches..Siddons most likely have to go.but i think he has given bangladesh team a lot.and his work will keep their effects.but the main problem lies in our domestic setup..i would be happy if the management works on the domestic infrastructure.rather than making siddons a scrape goat.

Old March 20, 2011, 02:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

It is easy to blame the domestic infrastructure and be blind about the actual flaws in team management/selection. Once I was told, it is hard to maintain than to achieve. We were competitive against India on many occassions and we could beat Smith and Co. in 2007. I think we had a very good domestic culture at that time. Incorrect? Ok then what was the reason of this downfall. As Baundule says, making a Golla out of Ash.
Old March 20, 2011, 03:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Our domestic setup is much btter than before, players are earning much better pays and wickets are also getting better with beter training facilities. Sure it needs to be much better. But even with our domestic setup we could still beat IND and SA in 2007, now did we not?
Old March 20, 2011, 03:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
TBH I give a damn,changing coach er cheye replacing a few inconsistent batsmen is more important.
Name 6 batsmen that will be consistent.

Its the coaches that make players and a team, not other way around. In professional sports, team starts with the right coach. One day you will understand.
Old March 20, 2011, 05:27 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Our domestic setup is much btter than before, players are earning much better pays and wickets are also getting better with beter training facilities. Sure it needs to be much better. But even with our domestic setup we could still beat IND and SA in 2007, now did we not?
ireland beat England.kevin o brien scored a brilliant 100,but could he repeat it.what it did it showed he had talent.doing the first time is not important..doing it consistantly is called improvement.bangladesh has improved more than 2007.in 2007 those wins were fluke.no body was expecting them to win,even kenya beat the west indies.but could they repeat it?bangladesh..has beaten newzealand,england more than once.thats improvement..SA and India of 2007 are not the same as the one of 2011.
Old March 20, 2011, 05:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: M'Dulla

Although Siddon's must accept responsibility for the 58 and 78. It is Lotus Kamal who is ruining bangladesh cricket!!!
Old March 20, 2011, 07:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

58! and 78!!........every player, coach, management body, selector should have no excuse and they should be blamed. About Siddons , thank you for serving our country...but i think you are not up to mark now.so bye
Old March 20, 2011, 03:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Well, now that he knows he does not have a future in Bangladesh, it may be quite possible to work out a deal with him (pay him half of the salary that BCB owe him for the remaining of the contract or something like that). In this situation, dragging him along the team won't be beneficial for the team (or him).
I agree, the relation can only be bitter now and would serve nobody's purpose.
Old March 20, 2011, 06:45 PM
Street Cricketer

Well..you can say Siddons did not achieve anything...but under Siddons Bangladesh has 36.5% winning in ODIs..by far the best performance by any coach!
Old March 20, 2011, 07:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfirooz
Shame on you Bangladesh fans and management. Players are exulted in success and the failure is only the coach's responsibility!!!!!! This has been the history of Bangladesh cricket. No matter what you teach, the 11 of a particular match are responsible for performace. Even if you bring the best coach of the world you can't perform because Bangaldesh players lack that temperament and need a bit more skill. Let them be men and accept the responsibility. Let the fans too admit that Bangaladesh didn't deserve a spot in the quarter final. This will be the first step for future success.
good post

Perhaps they are keeping iddons so that if BD lose to aus 3-0 then he can be the scapegoat again. I have more issues with our board and selectors than our coaches to be honest and our players need to be held accountable as well
Old March 20, 2011, 08:38 PM
Cricket Savant

If I had my way and if budget permit me then I'd keep him as batting coach and get a different head coach. But in the other thread, I voted for Lara then it'd be redundant to keep him if Lara commits.

Question is we have to realize is who is actually willing to work with us too? It's not like Lara, Ganguly waiting for us. I drool at the fact what Lara would do to Tamim. Ganguly has his own problems to worry about.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 20, 2011, 11:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlover
Well..you can say Siddons did not achieve anything...but under Siddons Bangladesh has 36.5% winning in ODIs..by far the best performance by any coach!
Since Fountain and Pont arrived that win ratio is up to 68% in the last 6 months. Widely acknowledged the bowling and fielding are the difference.

Prior to the Englishmen arriving, the Siddons win ratio was down to 19%.
Old March 21, 2011, 02:33 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

If we had a series with Zimbabwe when JS arrived his short term record would have been 80%... so this sort of statistics is absolute bull crap... We need to use other indicators to measure Coach's performance
For Bowling coach the indicators should be economy rates and wickets tally of the pace bowler on a series by series basis... with a series against Australia having more weight than a series against Zimbabwe... If we considered statistics regardless of opposition then Razzak would become a strong contender against Shane Warne based on his successes against the minnows

Every coach has a shelf life... JS took us forward to the best of his capability...now its time for fresh ideas with someone else