facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 3, 2005, 01:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Well, this is easy

This test series becomes more and more of a farce by the over.

I honestly thought you would at least have England in some awkward situations occasionally and put them under a bit of pressure, but, you haven't even managed 10 wickets this series so far and your batting has far from scared England.

Anyway, as an England fan I am going to try and look at the positives instead of bemoaning Bangladeshis hopelessness all the time.

This has been a very clinical performance from England so far in this test series and I think England have shown what a good side they are. This may only be Bangladesh but to bowl you out three times with you only making 371 runs in total, and to make a combined score of 797-6 in reply is a very good performance, whoever you are playing.

I don't actually think Bangladesh batted that badly today, only Aftabs dismissal was disapointing, the other batsman were done by balls that were too good for them, and would of got out much better batsman.

I have also been very pleased at the ruthlessness of England, the way Tresco batted tonight showed the confidence in this England side, and the blatant intention to ensure Bangladesh are beaten quickly and humiliated. A lot of other sides except from Australia and South Africa would of batted much more conservatively, as would an England side of a few years ago.

I am looking forward tomorrow to some big hitting from the England batsman, especially if Freddie gets in, and a declaration about an over after lunch, this so your batsman have less time to prepare to bat. This match should be over by tomorrow evening.

In the long term I look forward to a competitive Ashes series, I am not expecting a victorious one, but I am expecting a thrilling series with England competing and putting the Aussies under far more pressure than they have done before.

Finally, I was pleased to see Steve Harmison giving young Shahadat some bowling tips today, Bangladesh need all the help they can get.

Edited on, June 3, 2005, 6:57 PM GMT, by rob22888.
Reason: Spell Check

Old June 3, 2005, 02:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Agree Rob. I think Australia has their match this time around. May not be enough to beat them but be assured it won't be an one sided affair like the previous Ashes. England is on the rise. Batsmen are attacking though not too sure about Strauss. He tends to play across the crease against the right handed bowlers. MCGrath will surely notice.
Old June 3, 2005, 02:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think Strauss needs to do what Trescothick and Vaughan have done a lot of and have some long and hard one to one batting coaching with Duncan Fletcher.

He certainly has looked out of sorts for quite a while now an has only registered one fifty in all cricket, international and domestic, since his 147 in Jo'Burg.

He needs to do some work.

Personally, I don't think he should be in the England 1st team in one day cricket. He is more of an anchor batsman in one day cricket who seeks to bat through. England already have one of them in Vaughan who's one day game is steadily gettting to the standard his talent merits. I think we should replace him with Pietersen in the one day side.
Old June 3, 2005, 02:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

In one dayers, sure, Peterson has to play. But , Strauss will open in the test series and I am afraid he needs more batting practice. I want England to win the Ashes. They were always my second favorite team!