facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 26, 2004, 09:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Is BD Playing too much cricket??

For a few days.. something is bothering me a lot about the very flactuating performance of the BD cricketers. And that is... probably the team is playing way too much cricket without proper improvement sessions in between the tours/tournaments!
This is, probably to a great extent, affecting the performance of the team/players. Results r somewhat like this:

#The team is not getting enough time to resolve their weaknesses frm every tour.

#Players in bad patch r not getting time to refresh themselves... resulting in further worse performance!

#More cricket means more expectation.. like : "wel u hav already played 30 test matches.. u gotta win the next one!!"... i would say this is not a positive expectation in short time!

#too frequent cricket is too frequently being exposed to the Cricketworld... showing up all our weaknesses nakedly and hence get criticised and demoralized!!

The team needs breathing space perhaps!!

Opinions...... ?

Old July 26, 2004, 01:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

It is a good idea to let our players to play in as many games as possible, to keep thier fitness levels higher, to establish the players who are fitter than others (i.e those who have better stamina levels than others)

Of course the performance would fluctuate, but it would also determine the players who can perform consistantly to those players who don't.

This is still a learning curve for our lads, so playing games is the only learning step we could take currently.
Old July 26, 2004, 01:48 PM
Banned

I don't think we are playing enough. In these tourneys, we do progressively better, as we play high quality international sides. Practice makes perfect. They had a long pause of about 45 days before this outing. All the other 9 test playing teams have a much busier schedule than ours.
Old July 27, 2004, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Well I have the impression that improvement will come from a strong domestic infastructure. Maybe we should involve our cricketers in more domestic matches, and figure out a way to improve the quality of our leagues. If cricketers get some good competition at home in between series, I think winning matches will get a hell lot easier.
Old July 27, 2004, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Playing in the counties and in Australia would be even better.
Old July 27, 2004, 02:36 PM
First Class Cricketer

I don't think we are playing too much cricket. All the points made by crickethorizon are valid and can be addressed by sending players back to the high performance unit and the A team. We also need to send the A team touring as soon as possible.
Old July 27, 2004, 02:53 PM
First Class Cricketer

[quote]Originally posted by bhobishshot
I don't think we are playing too much cricket. All the points made by crickethorizon are valid and can be addressed by sending players back to the high performance unit and the A team. We also need to send the A team touring as soon as possible. [/quote
I think tiger are not playing too much cricket
Old July 28, 2004, 01:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

Bangladesh played 5 series, Asia cup, Zimabwe A all in the past year. Out of 5 series 4 were away. How many series India, Australia and south Africa played.More games are good for BD, If they rotate some players. It will give young players some experience and old plyers some rest.