facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 12, 2009, 02:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
Who are u to judge of what they think of their father? They had their reasons, Putul definitely gave birth very recently and not like u can jump on a plane journeying for 20 odd hours with a new born!!

With Joy, i believe he is stuck and trying all means to get through quickly..

The fact of the matter is, let them be, let them make their own decisions and this is certainly not the thread topic to discuss other peoples family matters!
Dr Wajed was a well respected gentlemen that makes you proud to be Bangladeshi and this thread is about people at BC contributing their thoughts about him and sharing their condolences ..

keep ur business and sour gossip to urself!
I am a citizen of the country (Not a supporter/member of any party) and I have the right to judge each and every action of the people who take active part in my national politics. So Joy and Hasina is very much within my premise of judgement. Their every action speaks of their moral character and I judge to understand how much trust worthy a politician is. I hope that makes it clear.

Quote:
With Joy, i believe he is stuck and trying all means to get through quickly..
You are a BAl supporter that doesn't mean what you believe has to be right. As a public figure he has the responsibility to explain what's so urgent business that stops him to attend the funeral. failure to say that means, he doesn't have a convincing reason.

Quote:
keep ur business and sour gossip to urself!
pl keep your Balshalio tone aside.

Last edited by BANFAN; May 12, 2009 at 02:44 PM..

Old May 12, 2009, 02:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Not getting a connecting flight is not a good enough reason? Not that easy to get ticket and fly in one day notice. How do I know? In 1996, I faced the similar situation as Joy is facing now. The difference was I got the information when he was on his death bed and joy got the information when he died. My dad passed away on the 3rd March. With the grace of the Almighty, I reached Dhaka on the 4th before Jumma and could attended the Janaza and burial because I had a head start by few days. And yes, I had to change my route in the middle of the journey just to reach Dhaka as early as possible............................
Do you mean that your's and his ability to sortout these issues are same? This is once in a life time event, no TE it's not good enough an excuse for them.

I like to believe they are in grief.
Old May 13, 2009, 12:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

Puck, I could not stop laughing my ar** off reading your post.

You are saying who the hell "some members" are to judge a public figure. In saying so you are actually judging some private figure, directly and telling them so.

who the hell are you to judge them? They are entitled to their opinion. How hypocritical can one be for calling name to others for judging someone and at the same time judging other. pathetic.

Not to mention, if they can go to Yale spending Bangladeshi people's money, they sure as hell can charter a concord to fly directly to dhaka in less than 18 hours.
Old May 13, 2009, 12:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Concords have been discontinued since the Paris disaster.. anyway...May he rest in peace.
Old May 13, 2009, 02:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokai

You are saying who the hell "some members" are to judge a public figure. In saying so you are actually judging some private figure, directly and telling them so.

who the hell are you to judge them? They are entitled to their opinion. How hypocritical can one be for calling name to others for judging someone and at the same time judging other. pathetic.

Not to mention, if they can go to Yale spending Bangladeshi people's money, they sure as hell can charter a concord to fly directly to dhaka in less than 18 hours.
Firstly no one goes to Yale...its Harvard. Secondly how can you be so sure about him stealing from tax payers money? I do not think CTG ever filed a corruption case against him. If i were super duper rich, I am not going to live in a 3 bedroom apartment, drive an ordinary car and travel economy class (in most cases). And i definately wont be wasting my time studying .Lastly I wont want to miss out on the pampering in Bangladesh and instead live in United States. BTW concord stopped flying some time back.

What u are doing is bad politics.
Old May 13, 2009, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokai

Puck has reminded us about decency and sanity and does not deserve this post.
Old May 13, 2009, 04:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
They are even capable of chartering plane at their cost to come and join and go back.
Don't get me wrong, I am not arguing here, but trying to imagine what would happen if they chartered plane at their cost. I am kinda +ve that the very ppl that are pointing why they did not do it, would argue where did they get this money! What a double jeorpardy for public figures!

As for Dr Wajed Mia, Rest in peace.
Old May 13, 2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISmacker
Don't get me wrong, I am not arguing here, but trying to imagine what would happen if they chartered plane at their cost. I am kinda +ve that the very ppl that are pointing why they did not do it, would argue where did they get this money! What a double jeorpardy for public figures!
Nailed here! Those onesided 'fictional analogy' deserves no comments.

May DR. Wajed rest in peace.
Old May 13, 2009, 10:16 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I think we all are forgetting something here. Attending the funeral is not the only way to show respect to a deceased person. In fact, our religion does not require one to go to the graveyard to pray for a soul. So, I don't see it is a problem that they did not attend.

BUT, for people of their type, is it impossible to fly there on time? I sincerely do not think so. If you offer 5 grand to any passenger, anyone will happily agree to postpone their tour, and if the situation is explained to the airlines they will happily make the offer to their passengers. It is very common for airlines to ask people to give up their seat for a prize. So, I do not buy into the argument that if he wanted he could not still go. It is foolish for the people to argue that he did something wrong by not going, at the same time it is foolish to imply that he might not be able to go even if he wanted really bad. And don't tell me they don't have 5 grand to spare.

However, out of context I'll ask two things: did putul really had another baby? 'cause I don't see hasina spending a month in usa, leaving her job at home (if she really do anything productive to start with) like she used to do before as prime minister.

secondly, in my mind, it is either ignorant or purposefully misleading when people somehow imply that all their money are white. yeah joy did not get into jail during ctg era for corruption if that is the standard. but his mom did, and i think he would too if he was living there long enough.

it makes me sick in my stomach when people argue for hasian/khaleda/golam ajom/ershad or their family. If it was from uneducated people, I would understand, but otherwise I really don't.

And Puck, by BC staff you seem to be pointing finger at me. Hell yeah, if someone says I do not show respect for those families, I not only I will agree, but also will feel proud that I don't. But please, for the shake of decency as you said, please do not point fingers. This is not like you are talking to their family members that its not a time to dig up their dirty laundry (not to mention how much of that they have). This is a discussion board for crying aloud, if you don't like a discussion, just stay away from it.

Last edited by Rubu; May 13, 2009 at 10:25 PM..
Old May 13, 2009, 11:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Inallillah ... RIP, Dr. Wajed. My heart goes to the family.

...and regarding recent comments that have arisen:

Please know it is NOT YOUR place to talk about what a family decides to do regarding the death of their loved ones.

What and how they conduct themselves is entirely their business.

Don't go around saying "But they are the people who govern MY country so I must get involved!" That's their profession. Their private life is what it is: private.

Don't come up with bizarre "What if...?" scenarios regarding something that does not make sense in your head.

So what Joy or Putul did not fly to see their deceased father? If that somehow implies that do not care about him ... how does that effect YOU?

Haire Bangali ... sad jinish.
Old May 14, 2009, 02:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Dr. Wazed Mia was a genius and a nice person. He was also a Dhanmondi bashi.
He was suffering for his ill health as well as from personal family life.
Old May 14, 2009, 03:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
.............If i were super duper rich, ............... i definately wont be wasting my time studying .............
You mean the rich people don't need to study?? Are you talking about human beings .....

Peace, making me laugh Call for sanity with insane language & attitude !! Superb idea !! Must be the Joke of the day.

Last edited by BANFAN; May 14, 2009 at 03:29 AM..
Old May 14, 2009, 04:43 AM

Dont get it, how come those 2 post make one 'laugh his ar** off', and to other 'the joke of the day'?! What so polarized 'Right' and 'Wrong' is there that too/so hard to comprehend, other than inexplicable emotion or ego 'for nothing' I guess?

Am I pointing my finger to 'anything or anyone'?? Yes I do, and thats my humble opinion on this [so called] discussion too.
More we 'discuss' more it sounds 'not funny'.

Quote:
thanks for your clarification post. it appears that some of our brethren, including banglacricket staff are a little too keen to judge others. dr. wajed's death is a sad event for his family and friends. i appreciate that someone had to start the thread to pay respect to a noted bangladeshi, however, this is not the time, nor the place to judge whether his offsprings could make it to dhaka, or his personal relationship with the prime minister . in the interest of common decency and good taste, the thread should be confined to paying respect to the deceased rather than turning into a repository of judgmental comments about his family.

please allow the family to grieve.
Quote:
This thread seem to have demonstrated the very worst and the very best amongst us. We seem to get so embroiled in other folk's businesses that we have little time for self improvement; heaven knows, the worst among us, as shown above need it the most.

Last edited by PoorFan; May 14, 2009 at 08:01 PM..
Old May 14, 2009, 11:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
You mean the rich people don't need to study?? Are you talking about human beings .....

Peace, making me laugh Call for sanity with insane language & attitude !! Superb idea !! Must be the Joke of the day.
I think it is more like stereotyping from my part. Most rich peoples kid that I know of are not too keen on being a very good academic. I know there are exceptions. If I were the son of the Primeminster ( + super rich courtesy corruption), I am not sure If I would have wanted to persue higher education with that money.