facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 10, 2002, 02:26 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default England all out for 79

This is just horrible. I am pretty sure they are better than this and Australia isn't that good. It all comes down to attitude and right now the Aussies 'know' that they are the best.

Old November 10, 2002, 03:28 AM
Cricket Legend

This was a bad Test Match for England from start to finish. Actually, the tour started off in the worst possible way. The way I see it, the only way England will beat Australia is by fielding their best 11 and have them all play at their very best. With their best batsman (Thorpe), best bowler (Gough) and best all-rounder (Flintoff) unavailable, they were always up against it. Also, hard enough playing Australia with 11 players, try playing them with 10, which is what England had to do after Jones got injured after lunch on Day 1. Add to that a bizzare decision by Hussain to put Australia in, a few dropped catches and this game was over by the end of the First Day.

This second innings performance is terrible but its just the culmination of a pretty terrible few days. I saw it coming. Give Australia a bit of advantage, like the first use of a great wicket and dropping 4 catches, and you might as well pack your bags and go home. The way they play is just so demoralizing for the opposition. The second day fightback was good by England but after the first day, the result had already been decided. They will have to make huge improvements if they want to give Australia a run for their money in Adelaide.
Old November 10, 2002, 05:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

The English display, I think, underscores another important problem in contemporary world cricket:a dearth of world class teams to compete against Australia. South Africa is a distant second best (and some would make a really good argument that they're not even second) and I don't think there's any serious competition for the remaining places.

But not to take anything away from the Aussies:they're pretty darn good.In spite of the mini-resurgance that the Indian one-day team is going through, I think it's safe to say that Australia will keep their one day crown in 6 months.
Old November 10, 2002, 06:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default I was at the first day

And right behind Jones when he did his knee. Didn't look too bad from where we were but when we saw it on replay the whole stadium shuddered. It was really great seeing Haydos and Punter out there. The Barmy Army stayed confident and the atmosphire was electric. What the hell are you talking about?

Quote:
I am pretty sure they are better than this and Australia isn't that good
I think this proovs that Australia's very good

[Edited on 10-11-2002 by Habibul_fan]
Old November 10, 2002, 12:26 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default What I meant

BY Australia isn't that good -

They blew away Pakistan for those two scores of 50 and now England for 79.
The Aussies are great but some of the blame goes to the opponents.

It's like this, remember Danish Kaneria when he played Bangladesh. He single handedly destroyed us but it wasn't all him. Actually, Australia is more like Murali, not the fluke Kaneria.
Old November 10, 2002, 01:02 PM
Banned

Default And me

I'm just a bozo who wants to laugh out loud on the faces of Wisden's staff.
Old November 10, 2002, 05:07 PM
Street Cricketer

I donno why some people just don't appriciate the fact that Australia are so dominant in World cricket. It is certainly not their fault that Pakistan (and now England) had suffered injury problems during the series. How often have you seen Australian players suffer injury? Look at Glen Mcgrath! As a fast bowler he hasn't suffered any major injury in his career and Mark Waugh Played 108 test matches in a row.

On the Subject of England, Most Englishman just brag too much and complain about the state of their cricket. They have to grasp the fact that Australia are better than England in every department. With the Batting line up Australia have and with the form Hayden is in, I don't say any way for England to make Australia bat twice in a test match. They'll be happy if any test goes to the 5th day.
Old November 10, 2002, 10:29 PM
Cricket Legend

I agree that Australia is better than England man for man. But England made Australia bat twice in this Test so I don't know what you meant by that! England needs to improve their game by quite a bit, and having 11 fit players in the team will help. A five nil drubbing is a possibility, but trust me, games will go to the fifth day and Australia will bat twice!
Old November 10, 2002, 10:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Hayden's 7 centuries from 10 matches is second only to Bradman's 9 centuries from 12 matches. If the Aussies have a shred of humanity in them, they will rest him during the BD series next year. He scored exactly 300 runs in the Test against England at almost a run a ball. Good luck Talha!