facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 10, 2013, 05:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

My analization regarding Mushy's retirement:
Mushy is a very humble guy. He is a devoted leader. He whole heartedly tried to win the ODI series but there was some lack of team work. Despite trying his best he lost the series. As a known emotional guy he retired and lack of team work from some of the team mates catalized the matter.
So it was an emotional decision which was catalized by lack of team work.

Old May 10, 2013, 11:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Let's clarify a few things:

1. BD's ZIMB tour was not good but nor was it a debacle. We were playing in tpical English early summer conditions where we have always struggled. Semaers were bowling great and without any kind of practise, we went straight into the first test. I think we did rather well to square the series. As far as the ODIs was concerned, ZIMB played two really good matches, as simple as that. Why can't we give credit where credit is due? Overall it was an ok series, please stop calling this a disaster.

2. As a result of the above point, no way was BCB going to sack Mushy. In fact, not only is there no other to replace him, he has been a good solid captain leading from the front, though his strategic elements obviously need to be improved.

3. Points 1+2= so obviously mushy felt that he wasn't being given backing from INSIDE the team. He seems like a guy who needs emotional reinforcements all the time, definitely not the sangakara or steve waugh for BD cricket. I think with the right kind of encouragement, he can easily be persuaded to reverse the decision.

Now comes the real q: do we want Mushy back as captain? I wouldn't. What kind of leader leaves the team at the end of a tough tour on an emotional whim? If he elt he wasnt being given the right support, wait till the tour is over, go back home, and tell the board look guys this aint working out, for the good of the team i want to quit. There is almost a 6-month gap till the next international tour, and it would have given BCB and his teammates a lot of time to get their act in order.

Bottom line: Mushy has held the team emotionally ransom. Im pretty sure why he resigned. Emotions got the better of him, he thought he was a solitary figure within the team and he wanted ador bhalobasha from everyone, which he wasn't given. If he can't deal with the fact that the captain of an international team is perhaps the loneliest figure sometimes, do we really want him as a skipper again?
Old May 10, 2013, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by samircreep
Now comes the real q: do we want Mushy back as captain? I wouldn't. What kind of leader leaves the team at the end of a tough tour on an emotional whim? If he elt he wasnt being given the right support, wait till the tour is over, go back home, and tell the board look guys this aint working out, for the good of the team i want to quit. There is almost a 6-month gap till the next international tour, and it would have given BCB and his teammates a lot of time to get their act in order.

Bottom line: Mushy has held the team emotionally ransom. Im pretty sure why he resigned. Emotions got the better of him, he thought he was a solitary figure within the team and he wanted ador bhalobasha from everyone, which he wasn't given. If he can't deal with the fact that the captain of an international team is perhaps the loneliest figure sometimes, do we really want him as a skipper again?
I agree with this part, however, the alternatives are even more worthless.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by samircreep
Let's clarify a few things:

1. BD's ZIMB tour was not good but nor was it a debacle. We were playing in tpical English early summer conditions where we have always struggled. Semaers were bowling great and without any kind of practise, we went straight into the first test. I think we did rather well to square the series. As far as the ODIs was concerned, ZIMB played two really good matches, as simple as that. Why can't we give credit where credit is due? Overall it was an ok series, please stop calling this a disaster.
But we were playing Zimbabwe not England, even though its away from home, where is the improvement in our cricket if we still cant beat the 10th ranked side in a series? And whats worse is we used to beat these guys few years ago and now even that is not happening so either we have gone worse or their improvement has been greater than ours which is even more embarrassing when you think about it. They have more problems than us and also doesnt have the cash like BCB.

This tour has been nothing short of a disaster and the last 2 series results in Zimbabwe have been alarming. It dampened all our achievements in the past year. There is a lot wrong with our cricket which needs to be addressed.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Zimbabwe have been alarming. It dampened all our achievements in the past year.
I share this concern. Yes, we're winning against better opposition, however, it does take a lot away from that success when we lose to lower ranked sides, because we do so so often.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
But we were playing Zimbabwe not England, even though its away from home, where is the improvement in our cricket if we still cant beat the 10th ranked side in a series? And whats worse is we used to beat these guys few years ago and now even that is not happening so either we have gone worse or their improvement has been greater than ours which is even more embarrassing when you think about it. They have more problems than us and also doesnt have the cash like BCB.

This tour has been nothing short of a disaster and the last 2 series results in Zimbabwe have been alarming. It dampened all our achievements in the past year. There is a lot wrong with our cricket which needs to be addressed.
These are the alarmist comments I was talking about. ZIMB seamers are pretty good in their conditions and I have never seen our bastmen play well in seaming conditions against any team, even IRL. Do you guys realise that this was our FIRST victory in a test match in Zimbabwe? and we are calling this a disaster? and that too after coming from totally dead pitches with 0 preparation?

We go crazy when we win a useless gold medal by beating afghanistan, and yet we go into national tragedy mode because we draw an away test in Zimbabwe? I can see why Mushy resigned now
Old May 10, 2013, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Zimbabwe are a whole different team at home. They nearly won a test even vs NZ at home and if I recall correct, chased down 300+ runs in ODI too. Now that's against NZ who plays in somewhat similar conditions - i.e. flat pitches, but still something in it for the pacers (and next to nothing to the spinners).

Bangladesh haven't played away except in SL, where the conditions are still somewhat similar to what they get at home.

Is this series a disappointment? Yes. But it's not even remotely close to a debacle, and neither does it take away BD's achievements against top ranked teams.
Old May 10, 2013, 01:23 PM
Test Cricketer

To justify our improvement, we needed to win the ODI series as well as the tests. No matter if Zim is playing on their on their backyard or not, the team we have should have won the series.
No excuse where we played.
In that case, we are guaranteeing to lose to Aus, Ind and Eng in their home field.
Old May 10, 2013, 02:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I've never been as pissed with a series outcome as I was after we lost the ODI series. Losing in a Test to a team like ZIM by 335 runs (and more since they declared) and then losing an ODI series 2-1, after dominating the first game is unacceptable.

Is it a disaster? Probably not. Is it the end of the world? No.

But this does raise questions. I disagreed quite strongly with ATMR last year about our always losing to lower ranked sides, and I have to admit, he saw the writing on the wall and I refused to. One or two bad series, in foreign conditions is understandable, but 4-5 on the trot indicates real issues. Batting wise its all mental, we throw our wickets away. But bowling wise its due to a lack of skill and depth. Once the bowling bares itself, we can't refocus or find an alternative method of attack and the oppossition gets free and easy runs.

Only silver lining is that we were without our entire first choice bowling attack in ODIs, at least with Mash, Nazmul, Rubel, and Gazi all out. But then again ZIM were without batsman like Ballance, Taibu, and the Ervine brothers which evens it out.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 10, 2013, 07:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

kanna koro na Mushy
Old May 11, 2013, 04:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Who is Admin on this site, Please sort out slowness of the site, really slow take about 1 min to load a page.
Old May 11, 2013, 04:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Wow! I think this is the first time one of my threads has been stickied on BanglaCricket!
Old May 11, 2013, 06:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Reading this article it is clear that it was an emotional decision, there is no way he was going to get sacked after an ODI series loss to Zim, the vdeo MoC bhai shared one of the BC Officials Jalal Younus said "we want him to continue although it's board's decision."
Apparently Mushy told Tamim first during the match, then in the dressing room TI tried to convince Mushy and others joined,
Quote:
]তামিম ইকবালকে পদত্যাগের সিদ্ধান্তের কথা জানান মুশফিক। খেলা চলায় মাঠে তামিম এ নিয়ে আর কথা বাড়াননি। পরে খেলা শেষে নাকি মুশফিক নিজ থেকেই সংবাদ সম্মেলনে যাওয়ার আগ্রহ দেখান। তার আগে ড্রেসিংরুমে ‘একটা কথা আছে’ বলে সবার দৃষ্টি আকর্ষণের চেষ্টা করলে এগিয়ে যান তামিম। অনুরোধ করেন মুশফিক যেন সিদ্ধান্ত থেকে সরে আসেন।
Quote:
এ সময় মুশফিক সংবাদ সম্মেলনে আসার জন্য প্রস্তুতি নিলে অন্যরা বাধা দেন। সবাই বুঝতে পারছিলেন সংবাদ সম্মেলনে গিয়েই পদত্যাগের ঘোষণা দেবেন অধিনায়ক। সহ-অধিনায়ক মাহমুদউল্লাহ তখন মুশফিককে সংবাদ সম্মেলনে না আসতে বলে চলে আসেন নিজেই। কিন্তু শেষ পর্যন্ত সতীর্থদের চেষ্টা ব্যর্থ করে দিয়ে সংবাদ সম্মেলনে চলে আসেন মুশফিকও, ঘোষণা দেন পদত্যাগের।
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...10/news/351033
Old May 11, 2013, 10:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

One thing for sure, under Mushy, our team selection has been horrible.

Why was zia in the side? Why play sajidul when he will not get bowl too many overs? And he could have stopped those runouts from happening
Old May 11, 2013, 10:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Pls resign mushy

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old May 11, 2013, 01:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Not only Mushy, all of them should resign.
We can't do any worse with any newbies!
Old May 11, 2013, 03:15 PM
Cricket Guru

This is so painful, this is such shocking
Old May 12, 2013, 05:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Zimbabwe are a whole different team at home. They nearly won a test even vs NZ at home and if I recall correct, chased down 300+ runs in ODI too. Now that's against NZ who plays in somewhat similar conditions - i.e. flat pitches, but still something in it for the pacers (and next to nothing to the spinners).

Bangladesh haven't played away except in SL, where the conditions are still somewhat similar to what they get at home.

Is this series a disappointment? Yes. But it's not even remotely close to a debacle, and neither does it take away BD's achievements against top ranked teams.
I do agree with you. Yes we have lost against Zim but it does not mean we are no where. This series just indicates that we are poor outside subcontinent. But not doomed.
Old May 12, 2013, 06:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Based on what I have seen in Team selection and gameplan it is time Shakib takes it over
Old May 12, 2013, 09:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

mushfiq resign korlo ar shakib khela dekhano shuru korlo hmmmm
Old May 12, 2013, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Captaincy changing wont help us one bit. Better for Mushy not to give up his captaincy. He has been the most successful captain for BD, though we all know his captaincy isnt that sharp.

Ideally, we would want shakib but sakib has huge pressure on him because he has to both bat and bowl. No else in the team has the experience as well as cemented place as mushy
Old May 12, 2013, 01:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Read my lips, Mushy won't resign!
Old May 12, 2013, 01:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Resignation a 'mistake' - Mushfiqur

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe...ry/635606.html

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 12, 2013, 01:40 PM
Cricket Legend

I came to post the same thing. It was surely an emotional decision
Old May 12, 2013, 01:44 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

You made a decision, now you better stick to it. No turning back..

Now he is realising that it was a mistake? WOW. What's the difference between him and Roqib then?

He shouldn't have resigned in the middle of a series to begin with. Totally needless commotion.