facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old May 14, 2008, 10:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default Raiders Fans: Start smiling..

It about time, the black and silver should start rolling. Offense should be close to unstoppable. The defense is still weak. But hey, in a year or two we can think of conference championships and home court advantage in the AFC.

Russ-Mac will put up a show for years to come (barring injury or trade). The New England cheats days are over. The colts are always a threat. However, I think Tony D is going to retire soon. Pitt, good future unit but they can't hold on to talents they nurture year-in year-out. The Chargers will be the team to beat but the coach is too timid and can't win the big one. Giants are one and done. Packers well there is no BF calling the shots.

Old May 14, 2008, 10:36 AM
Cricket Savant

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
Shoring up the defense.
D Mac gearing up in Mini camp.
Raider rookies to make an impact.
Old May 14, 2008, 10:44 AM
Cricket Sage

The Superbowl dream for Raiders Fans starts after the end of the super bowl and ends during the 1st week of the regular season,

There is nothing new here.

So keep on dreaming Raiders fans... this is the time to dream.
Old May 14, 2008, 11:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
The Superbowl dream for Raiders Fans starts after the end of the super bowl and ends during the 1st week of the regular season,

There is nothing new here.

So keep on dreaming Raiders fans... this is the time to dream.
This coming out of Washington fans? lol. When did you guys participate in the superbowl last time? At least Raiders played in the super bowl in this century. They are among the 12 NFL teams who can say that. Washington, lol, their season is made if they get 7 wins.
Old May 14, 2008, 12:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Like your optimism T_E and nothing wrong with that. However, realistically speaking, Raiders are no way near playoffs for another year or two. AFC West is pretty weak though at the moment and San Diego should come out of that group on top. They should also pile up a very good record by playing six games against weak opponents in the group in an otherwise tough AFC. I do agree with all your other assumptions. New England Cheats window has closed. Colts will win another before Peyton is done. The future of AFC rests with San Diego, Pittsburgh, Titans, J'ville and maybe Brownies..
Old May 14, 2008, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Raiders is a joke. Keep smiling...
Old May 14, 2008, 12:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
This coming out of Washington fans? lol. When did you guys participate in the superbowl last time? At least Raiders played in the super bowl in this century. They are among the 12 NFL teams who can say that. Washington, lol, their season is made if they get 7 wins.
ha ha ha Good Try!

Just beacuse now I live near DC doesn't mean Redskin is my team. Actually I am haveing a great time now days teasing all my friends who worship deadskins like a religion here in MD/VA area and get ripped off year after after by the owner Snyder by makeing wrong decisions one after another (same like Raiders owner)

Funny it may sound, I am a fan of New York Giants when I first start watching NFL as my Dad is a NY Giants fan also. And during that time my team Giants was Superbowl champion three times.

Not bad to win three time in one's lifetime.

Last edited by Fazal; May 14, 2008 at 01:20 PM..
Old May 14, 2008, 01:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
ha ha ha Good Try!

Just beacuse now I live near DC doesn't mean Redskin is my team. Actually I am haveing a great time now days teasing all my friends who worship deadskins like a religion here in MD/VA area and get ripped off year after after by the owner Snyder by makeing wrong decisions one after another (same like Raiders owner)

Funny it may sound, I am a fan of New York Giants when I first start watching NFL as my Dad is a NY Giants fan also. And during that time my team Giants was Superbowl champion three times.

Not bad to win three time in one's lifetime.
Yup the wind is blowing from all direction. Now Giants, next year who ever will be the champ and then finally raiders. We will embrace you even if you are fair weather friend.
Old May 14, 2008, 01:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Raiders is a joke. Keep smiling...
and Jets are ??? No more smiling, now laughing!!
Old May 14, 2008, 01:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Like your optimism T_E and nothing wrong with that. However, realistically speaking, Raiders are no way near playoffs for another year or two.
Year or two flies by real quickly. We will certainly see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
The future of AFC rests with San Diego, Pittsburgh, Titans, J'ville and maybe Brownies..
The one poses a threat and I did not mention was Jacksonville. Titans are no issue. They can turn on the self-destruction mode any minute. Young is over rated and will wear down in two years. One can't win as a unit while bringing in "Me First" attitude in NFL (Browns).
Old May 14, 2008, 02:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Yup the wind is blowing from all direction. Now Giants, next year who ever will be the champ and then finally raiders. We will embrace you even if you are fair weather friend.
Well if you want to know the truth, check all my past comments in NFL and Washington Redskins and my predictions.... I was always picking NYG and was not picking Redskin.

I know all about NYG players (past and present) and know little about Redskin players.

btw Do you know that Jordan Sparks (the last American Idol champion who sang in Superbowl) is the daughter of Phillipe Sparks? I still remember watching him play for NYG secondary.
Old May 14, 2008, 02:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Well if you want to know the truth, check all my past comments in NFL and Washington Redskins and my predictions.... I was always picking NYG and was not picking Redskin.

I know all about NYG players (past and present) and know little about Redskin players.

btw Do you know that Jordan Sparks (the last American Idol champion who sang in Superbowl) is the daughter of Phillipe Sparks? I still remember watching him play for NYG secondary.
You don't have to show your age. G man are all good. past and present. That LT was a scary guy.

Take is easy bro. I know you long enough to believe you. Unfortunately joking is not my forte. Will try to stay away from joking next time.
Old May 14, 2008, 02:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
You don't have to show your age. G man are all good. past and present. That LT was a scary guy.

Take is easy bro. I know you long enough to believe you. Unfortunately joking is not my forte. Will try to stay away from joking next time.
Yes next time please avoid joking.... your joking is choking me. Beacuse this is all I have, the only winner that I support. All the rest (BD cricket team), Baltimore Orioles, Wizards, Capital are all bunch of loosers most of the time.

So be nice with me man. Don't steal the meal money from a begger.
Old May 14, 2008, 03:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
and Jets are ??? No more smiling, now laughing!!
Please don't call me something like fair weather friend but I am a Giants fan as well. Last time I checked, we won the superbowl. Last time I checked, Jets won more games than the Raiders for last two years. Lol........ but hey I understand. We all know how it feels to support a losing cause. Don't we?
Old May 14, 2008, 03:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Please don't call me something like fair weather friend but I am a Giants fan as well. Last time I checked, we won the superbowl. Last time I checked, Jets won more games than the Raiders for last two years. Lol........ but hey I understand. We all know how it feels to support a losing cause. Don't we?
Not joking!! Sadi is a fair weather G man fan first, JETS fan second.

By the way, I also rooted against Spygate team. That doesn't make me a Giants fan though.
Old May 17, 2008, 05:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Less than a year until the "Spygate team" hoist their fourth cup this decade....and two years until their fifth Anyone who matters is returning for another season. I doubt they'll make it 18-0 again, but they should be able to hold their own. I'm above blasting other teams though. We'll have to wait and see how the raiders turn out. I'm not too optimistic...
Old May 17, 2008, 06:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

titans draft was terrible....asides from the chris johnson pick. the guy runs a 4.2 forty, but at just a 197 lbs, he might be good for just 10 carries a game. lendale will carry 25 times for an average of 70-100 yards, and if johnson can use his jets to average 5-6 yards per attempt, we'll be OK. especially if vince tucks it and runs when he needs to.

too many no-name picks, especially when we needed a WR for Vince Young.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 17, 2008, 06:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

this is our CHRIS JOHNSON.

4.2 baby!!!!!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 17, 2008, 08:42 PM
Cricket Sage

ekhane dekhi sobai NE er against e...no more churachuri that's all i ask..and as long as Peyton dn't make it far i'm happy...
Old May 20, 2008, 08:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
ekhane dekhi sobai NE er against e...no more churachuri that's all i ask..and as long as Peyton dn't make it far i'm happy...
lol, You'd let little Eli run away with rings and still hold grudge on Payton? hmm!!! I guess you don't like Payton's commercials.

Al,
DMac ran 4.27 in the combine (unofficial). They gave him a 4.3. An official said he didn't even look putting 110% in that run. It was all at one stride like a robot.

I saw him upclose running between the tackles. He likes to hurt linebackers. 212 - 6'2".

Can you think of any one bigger, faster and stronger than Adrian Peterson? NFL records books here comes DMac. I hope Raiders Offensive line can hold up their bargain.
Old May 20, 2008, 11:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I am voting for Arlen Specter, a Republican, for the first time whenever he is up for election. Keep it up Senator. Make sure the frauds from Boston and Goddell don't get away with this.
Old May 21, 2008, 12:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I saw the title, and for a sec thought you guys talking about Canberra Raiders!
.......my bad!
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 21, 2008, 12:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
I saw the title, and for a sec thought you guys talking about Canberra Raiders!
.......my bad!
No problem bro!

However, we can talk about them too. Middle of the pack but point wise not far behind.
Old May 21, 2008, 01:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
No problem bro!

However, we can talk about them too. Middle of the pack but point wise not far behind.
You follow NRL?
..didnt know that...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 26, 2008, 03:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Don't really like football and haven't followed NFL since Bo Jackson, the 2nd greatest RB ever to play the game after Barry Sanders, called it quits.

That said, being a Northern Californian who grew up in suburban DC, I'm both a Raiders and a Redskins fan. I like the 49er too.

I AM excited about this Silver and Black season for the obvious reason -- DMac.

I've been into the Raiders ever since their Superbowl victory against the Eagles. Junkett and Lester Hayes way before LA ( :pukes_inside_the_mouth_a_little-bit: ), Marcus and of course Bo.

The Skins with Monk, Riggins, Nelms, and later Doug and Little Joe are still in my thoughts whenever I think of the NFL.

The Cowgirls ? Almost as much as I despise Razakars and the GOP, but I did like Dorsett and Randy White ... enough said.

So that I don't get the "Fareweather Fazal Khoncha" from Mijan, here are my teams, in order of importance: -

Quote:
1. NHL: Redwings and as a homer-thing, the Sharks. Like the Habs, like the Caps, like the Pens, can't stand Toronto and Chicago ...

2. International Cricket: Bangladesh, WI before SL won the WC. Pakistan ? NEVER !!

3. MLB: Oakland Athletics and the Giants. Like the Os and the Red Sox, can't stand the Yankees or the Dodgers, even though Sandy Koufax, alongside Roberto Clemente (Pirate) are my favorite players by a mile.

4. French, English, Spanish and Brazilian Leagues: OM, Liverpool, Barcelona and Santos. Can't stand Les Girondins, Selcheese, ARSEnal, Real Fascistas and ALL ARGENTINIAN TEAMS, even though Redondo, Riquelme and Saviola are some of my favorite players of all time.

5. MSL: The Quakes.Can't stand LALAS Galaxy.

6. International Rugby: France, New Zealand and South Africa. Can't stand England, Wales, Scotland and Australia.

7. NFL: Raiders, Redskins and Niners. Can't stand the Dumb@$$ Cowgirls.

8. NBA: Don't care.
Except for Bangladesh about 95% of the time so far, and the Sharks, it has always been about how they play. I have spoken the truth so help me GOD.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; May 26, 2008 at 04:13 AM..