facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 22, 2005, 11:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Default Minhazul Abedin in NTV with IH Milon

Yesterday night (BD morning time) NTV telecast "Ki Kotha Tahar Shathe", the host was as usual Imdadul Haque Milon and surprisingly the guest was legendary Nannu. The whole program was very enchanting and whoever watched the show would agree that from the appearance, the way of communication and responses with wit Nannu can be a role model for today's youngsters, its not only the field but it is also discipline in every sector of life that makes a great sportsman.

The whole program was very informative and was beautifully composed. The bad part was IH Milon calling Nannu "Tumi" what he does for all the stars he brings in regardless of age. I think while writing all these "bostapocha" novels he completely lost his sense of formality.

Last edited by One World; June 25, 2007 at 08:30 PM..

Old May 22, 2005, 11:40 AM
Cricket Legend

didnt know tat IM Milon is now hosting a program. but calling nannu "tumi" is funny. did he think nannu is 27 or what?

i remember many years ago (in 96 asia cup if i remembeer correctly), nannu was playing against india. and the commentator was saying this kid can play well, because of his childish face. mind you nannu was already well over 30 that time.
Old May 22, 2005, 12:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

I watched the program. Milon looks like took the interviewing people as his new proffession. SOme of the questions he asked to Nannu were simply "faltu" and unnecessary.

I just read another interview of Humayun Ahmed taken by Milon in the magazine "Anyadin" - some questions asked by him was really weightless and Humayun answered those very well.

http://www.anyadin.net/2005-may-02/shakhatkar.htm
Old May 22, 2005, 12:36 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

guys, maybe milon knows him.
Old May 22, 2005, 03:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

One world,

i have been following dhala keague well before Nannu has started playing....u are probbaly right about mentioning him as a legend..cricketing legend that will be.. as he showed tremendous character, and skill throughout his career. he was really master of behind the square play against the spinner.. pleyed innumerous innings under extreme pressure and so on..

But not sure about some other qualities, in fact i am pretty sure that he had other unenviable qualities too like swearing, (both against players, oppositions, umpire etc.).. I won't go the extent of giving very specific example...

the latter was not associated with other contemporary cricketers like Lipu, Faruque or even Bulbul/Akram.. .
Old May 22, 2005, 04:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Atleast some balance is done by you feisal Bhai specially with your comments on Nannu from a different angle. All I know of Nannu that he was a very good batsman (watched him play on TV). But he had a stubborn (sometimes stupid) mindset for which he could not become a part of Bangladesh test side. His egoism (slightly like that of Durjoy) blocked him from giving more to the country at Test level. Now I feel better in saying this!
Old May 22, 2005, 04:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

Edited on, May 22, 2005, 9:46 PM GMT, by Kana-Baba.
Old May 22, 2005, 08:51 PM
Cricket Legend

I am from Ctg. I watched some of the best and worst of Nannu. The best I remember a superlative 90 odd for Ctg Mohammaden againest Rising Star- a giant in local league with only 4 fours when none other scored more than 20s. Remembering that game, and wish if he is here now for the vulnerable number 6. The worst - the havoc created by Nannu brothers for abedin club ( Their own club) when given out LBW for duck in a title decieding match. There was swearing, chair throwing, giving threat to umpaires everything.