facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 22, 2005, 01:32 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default Rain worry for BD A

Sports Reporter

The selection trial of the Bangladesh A team for their tour of England in next July is threatened by inclement weather.

All 26 selected cricketers joined the camp yesterday to play two limited-overs and as many three-day games at BKSP in Savar but the grounds of the country's lone sports institute were still waterlogged following seasonal rain for the last few days.

The first one-dayer is scheduled for today but the team coordinator informed that it is likely to take place at the hockey turf with a softball.

Out-of-favour Alok Kapali has been named captain of the Red team while Tushar Imran, who has been selected for the Tiger's triangular one-day tournament in England, will lead the Green team in the first limited-overs match and three-day game. All-rounder Mushfiqur Rahman will take over from Tushar for the second matches.

Discarded national players like Kapali, Mushfiqur Rahman and Tareq Aziz were desperately looking forward to perform in the preparation matches to grab a place for the second string side which they believe would pave the way for regaining their places in the senior side.

"I am very aware of the fact that performance is a must at every level to regain my place. There is a tough competition but I am looking forward to play in Tests again," said talented batsman Kapali yesterday.

But the fact is that chief selector Faruque Ahmed and his one of colleagues Athar Ali Khan will not be available to watch the matches as both will be with the national team in England.

"Shaun (Williams) and one of our selectors Prince (Golam Nawsher) will look after everything and we will always be in touch with them," said Athar before his departure to London.

Meanwhile, Shaun Williams, the game development manager of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB), has been named coach for the tour.

Bangladesh side will play five three-day games and four limited-over games during their month-long trip against different county selections.

The selected players are: Golam Rahman, Nasiruddin Faruque, Alok Kapali, Farhad Reza, Manzarul Islam Rana, Hasanuzzaman, Shamsur Rahman, Imran Ahmed, Alamgir Kabir, Gazi Alamgir, Mosharraf Hossain, Dollar Mahmud, Naeem Islam, Tushar Imran, Sakib Al Hasan, Nazimuddin, Faisal Hossain, Mushfiqur Rahman, Abdur Razzak Raj, Tareq Aziz Khan, Shafaq Al Jabir, Mohammad Shahajada, Nabil Samad, Dhiman Gosh (wicket-keeper), Shahin Hossain (wicket-keeper), Sahagir Hossain Pavel (wicketkeeper).

-Dailystar

Old May 22, 2005, 01:52 PM
Cricket Legend

With a softball ??????
Old May 22, 2005, 02:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by reverse_swing
Sports Reporter

The selected players are: Golam Rahman, Nasiruddin Faruque, Alok Kapali, Farhad Reza, Manzarul Islam Rana, Hasanuzzaman, Shamsur Rahman, Imran Ahmed, Alamgir Kabir, Gazi Alamgir, Mosharraf Hossain, Dollar Mahmud, Naeem Islam, Tushar Imran, Sakib Al Hasan, Nazimuddin, Faisal Hossain, Mushfiqur Rahman, Abdur Razzak Raj, Tareq Aziz Khan, Shafaq Al Jabir, Mohammad Shahajada, Nabil Samad, Dhiman Gosh (wicket-keeper), Shahin Hossain (wicket-keeper), Sahagir Hossain Pavel (wicketkeeper).

-Dailystar
What I really , really didnt understand was why SK Russell was not included!
Old May 22, 2005, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Rasel and Mehrab Jnr, I believe, are currently playing in Darwin District A grade league in Australia.

Edited on, May 22, 2005, 7:02 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old May 22, 2005, 02:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Rasel and Mehrab Jnr, I believe, are currently playing in Darwin District A grade league in Australia.

Edited on, May 22, 2005, 7:02 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.
I know but SK russell should be available for selection. He along with Shafaq Al Zabir has 'potential' to cut it in international stage. Well still only potential but it will be absolutely godsend if Bangladesh get a decent LFM/LMF out of this two!