facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 24, 2023, 06:39 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash
Default Are you alive thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
As'salamu Alaikum everyone. Still alive.
Many of us Older members dont post in the forum anymore, but still visits from time to time. it'll be nice to know you are still kicking like T_E bhai

so this thread is for you, if you are alive and well give a shout

Old September 24, 2023, 07:04 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

When is the fantasy league happening? Or do I hold the title forever?
Old September 24, 2023, 07:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

So if someone doesn't post, are we assuming they are dead?

I thought i would be busier as I get older but now I have even more time. It's weird.

I know many ppl like social media in current form, I don't like it. It's too showy, invasive and detached. I rather meet someone from this forum for dinner than a school friend from facebook who is always posting the most mundane thing in their life and adding a zinger. "my husband got me flower tonight - love will eventually come to you - just gotta trust your gut". LOL.

well if that gut is getting larger every year, no love is coming.
Old September 24, 2023, 07:38 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
When is the fantasy league happening? Or do I hold the title forever?
Lol I want to do it but whats the point with 5 teams
Old September 24, 2023, 07:41 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
So if someone doesn't post, are we assuming they are dead?

It's not that, title is a attempt to be funny. I might have failed that.

It's just we had so much fun in match threads, BC chats with so many of the guys who don't post anymore. I would love to know if they are doing well as I am not connected with them in social media

Some of the old members come often. So if there one or two shouts here that they are well and doing ok it'll be nice to know that's it
Old September 24, 2023, 09:25 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Lol I want to do it but whats the point with 5 teams
Indeed. I was joking as well.
Old September 25, 2023, 10:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Alive here. I can also say that Razabq, Zunaid, Tehsin, and Rubu are all alive and well based on fb posts and updates .

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 25, 2023, 12:57 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Alive here. I can also say that Razabq, Zunaid, Tehsin, and Rubu are all alive and well based on fb posts and updates .
This outdated forum needs a like button..something that was requested since I joined

Anyway here is a imaginary like for your post
Old September 25, 2023, 07:17 PM
Cricket Legend

^yes. They disabled that feature because they thought there would be more likes on some posts than others. Lol. Isn't that the point.

This forum had some of the worse chosen moderators I have seen. Partially to be blamed for the demise of this forum. No one wants to come to where they don't feel welcome. Ppl also don't like uninteresting posts. It's like donald trump - the most interesting man on Twitter who draws ppl. U wanna control that ? That's a powerplay with world wide political ramifications...

On a smaller scale, u exert those type of power , the platform dies.

Ppl got warning and banned for expressing themselves but spams were left alone. It was live proof that not everyone is fit to do everything.

U can't apply a work place standard of decorum on an internet sports forum.
Old September 26, 2023, 10:34 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Hey folks. Looks like Idumb is finally free to run his mouth. The truth is the forum was killed by Admins that don’t care about the site. Look at how glitchy the site is. The worst part is they wont even pass over the mantle to someone willing to take over the responsibility. And yeah, some of the mods did go overboard with the scrutinizing of the members.
Old September 26, 2023, 11:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Good to see you alive Tonoy. Even though you gave me the most infractions, i still love you. Maybe someone should just buy this site like Elon musk bought twitter. Ultimately it's all about money. And i demand all BC files to be released. We will finally know that it was all bullshit about board meeting before some one gets banned. I refuse to believe in collective stupidity.
Old September 27, 2023, 02:42 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Good to see you alive Tonoy. Even though you gave me the most infractions, i still love you. Maybe someone should just buy this site like Elon musk bought twitter. Ultimately it's all about money. And i demand all BC files to be released. We will finally know that it was all bullshit about board meeting before some one gets banned. I refuse to believe in collective stupidity.
lmao. Pakpassion mods are equally if not even more mad, they allow troll posts galagali and remove normal threads. One mod approves post 5 mins later another mod removed it. 2 days later the post reappears and again goes missing

but one thing I really liked about PP is that they dont ban anyone forever, like if there is a situation where you need to ban somebody for the sake of the forum they just reduce his permission, so he/she can still post but a mod will approve the post and everyone else will see that

in this case all the galagali, maramari posts are not approved and normal posts are approved, after a certain time everyone cools down and business can go as usual
Old September 27, 2023, 07:07 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Hey folks. Looks like Idumb is finally free to run his mouth. The truth is the forum was killed by Admins that don’t care about the site. Look at how glitchy the site is. The worst part is they wont even pass over the mantle to someone willing to take over the responsibility. And yeah, some of the mods did go overboard with the scrutinizing of the members.
Never realized he ever stopped running his mouth lol.
Regarding the admin issue, how many freaking times did I ask the admins to pass on the privileges to either you or Nightwolf. I gave up afterwards.
Old September 27, 2023, 08:56 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Never realized he ever stopped running his mouth lol.
Regarding the admin issue, how many freaking times did I ask the admins to pass on the privileges to either you or Nightwolf. I gave up afterwards.
What happened to to backup forum you opened? Can we make a solid Bangladesh fan forum..forums are still popular..look at PP and CWF. Let's make one and this time anything goes..forum e lokjon to r lathi niye maramari korbena..galagali kore 2 min por thanda hoye jabe
Old September 27, 2023, 09:14 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
What happened to to backup forum you opened? Can we make a solid Bangladesh fan forum..forums are still popular..look at PP and CWF. Let's make one and this time anything goes..forum e lokjon to r lathi niye maramari korbena..galagali kore 2 min por thanda hoye jabe
You and I never banned anybody and so I don't subscribe to this theory that shobai choley gesey because of banning. Anyway everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Trying to make the forum popular is like trying to make VHS tapes popular again. People have things to do man and this is not an attractive medium anymore. I don't even get time to watch the game itself let alone be active again in the forum. P.s don't know what happened to that alternate forum lol.. completely forgot about it.
Old September 27, 2023, 09:25 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
You and I never banned anybody and so I don't subscribe to this theory that shobai choley gesey because of banning. Anyway everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Still banning theory is somewhat correct. Kichu bes active member der multiple account ban kora hoise permanently jetar dorkar chilona. Also why would you hold a grudge over someone in the internet.

Trying to make the forum popular is like trying to make VHS tapes popular again. People have things to do man and this is not an attractive medium anymore. I don't even get time to watch the game itself let alone be active again in the forum. P.s don't know what happened to that alternate forum lol.. completely forgot about it.
Ha ha, I even advocated and got Zeeshan unbanned during the world cup. I have one unbanned count in my counter

I agree, PP CWF etc got traction early so they get visitors..like BC still gets us sometimes. I really wish anyway we can revive the forum. Can anyone steal the admin credentials from Zunaid?
Old September 27, 2023, 09:35 AM
Cricket Legend

^ofcourse you don't buy that theory. Banning and moderation over reach is part of a huge problem. I will visit this forum if certain interesting member whose opinion I value post here. But if he leaves , and I would also lose interest. It's a ripple effect.

This problem is Not just here but on any public forum. Public forum is still very popular. Reddit Twitter on global scale ..but thousands of niche forums are super active...

Bangladesh cricket is very popular and a niche forum like this should thrive given how early it started.

U can lose interest but then 3 new young and better judukor would join.
I enjoy ur posts but I do not think u are a good moderator precisely for the lack of insight above.
Old September 27, 2023, 09:40 AM
Cricket Legend

the forum might be dead but I think they still get a lot of traffic and some ad revenue. Some are happy with that. Thats probably a bigger problem. Lack of proper ownership. It is what it is. No one gonna hand anyone over the key... lol. Unless u make an offer.
Old September 27, 2023, 09:50 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

I think its been too many years and we are simply too old to re-litigate this debate. I haven't heard a single example of who were the posters that were banned that led to the decline of this forum. As I said, we did not ban anyone. You can't point to one member that NW or I banned. We moderated posts and gave infractions at worst. However you are entitled to your opinion even if it is something that I don't agree with.
Old September 27, 2023, 10:30 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

I kinda agree little bit about banning. At times it went too far. Couple of regular members got banned multiple times and got banned in multiple accounts. They took a grudge(i dont know how can you hold a grudge over someone in the internet) and left. The one mod/admin he was fighting with also left.
Old September 27, 2023, 10:33 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

With the members gone I really am gonna miss fantasy league...BD is heading for a crap world cup and only thing enjoyable to me would have been a fantasy league
Old September 27, 2023, 10:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I think its been too many years and we are simply too old to re-litigate this debate. I haven't heard a single example of who were the posters that were banned that led to the decline of this forum. As I said, we did not ban anyone. You can't point to one member that NW or I banned. We moderated posts and gave infractions at worst. However you are entitled to your opinion even if it is something that I don't agree with.
Things evolve. I do not think this forum was ever established with the intention of making money . It was more a matter of few BD cricket fans (Think Zunaid Bhai was one of them) finding the time and resources to set up this space for discussion. It was more out of their own fanaticism for the game.

I for one do not believe that people were banned, atleast not for a long period of time. I spoke about many topics mainly against religion that can be termed as heretic and though that literally made many mad but I was never banned. When I read those old posts I literally laugh at myself although that's not to say I do not believe in those idelogies but I would probably word it differently. Things we do as kids.

I am glad that the URL still exist, some of those old threads are still there. If nothing else, I enjoy coming back and becoming nostalgic about a time when the major worries in life were cricket, bit of AL/BNP/Jamaat politics and the craziness inside Relgion.. Now life is a lot harder, with family and others to worry for. Cricket and Football are an escape and not a big part of life itself.

Stay well everyone. Enjoy the World Cup.
BC lived and grew organically and died like all good things eventually do.
Old September 27, 2023, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Good to see you alive, herewego. I have become more religious as I age. But that's mainly to control my wife and mistress. Too much tiktok and skin showing.

Religious living is happy peaceful living.
Old September 27, 2023, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Still alive, but rarely here -- a tad too busy with work.
Old September 27, 2023, 03:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Wow this thread made shaad post. This is great. This world cup already feels special. Good to see you still enjoy working to make the world a better place. I wish I can find that level of joy in my work. Life goals!!!