facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 12, 2002, 02:30 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default Next test, what is there to look for?

What will happen in next test is the million dollar question? Or is it? If we follow the trend, then we will loose within 3 days. There's hardly any sign that the trend won't be followed. This is the only trend that our batsmen seem to have mastered. It is their motto to get out cheaply and loose within 3 days so that the opposition can create some new records in the world of cricket. We are the best host that any touring team can dream. We make their wishes come true, help them to put their names on the record books etc. It seems that we got Test status only to help others make records!

Back to the question, what will happen in the Chittagong test? The answer depends on how long will we be albe to bat? To make any kind of respectable score we need to bat around 100 overs, or 3 to 4 sessions. This is only possible IF our top order can stay in the crease. We need one solid partnership that can bat around 30 overs. We also need 1 batsman who will anchor the innings and yes he needs to stay there FOREVER and get his 100. If this two happens than we will be albe to bat 3/4 sessions and get a respectable score.

Who is going to do all that? If the same 11 plays then we have bleak chance of doing above. Because the opening partnership needs to bat around 50-70 runs. Anything less will put the PANIK button ON in our top and middle order batsmen. They will panik and succumb to the pressure. If Hannan and Anwar opens, then there's no chance of getting decent opening. Anwar is not mature for this position. He will get out before 10th over. Rokon can be tried here, but Golla will be better. Golla's century in today's national league match shows he may be in good touch. We all know he has lots of patience as a batsman.

No. 3, 4, 5 can be Bashar, Ashraful and Aminul respectively. One of these three MUST play anchor role in the innings and if possible get a century. If all of these three fails, then we are done for the day. Its mind boggling that these three are failing consitantly all at the same time. None of them are performing! Ashraful is probably failing because of technique more than anything else. If he reduces his aggression and be more patient then he will do better. Basher is going through a lean patch, he could shine just one of these days. Aminul Islam is failing due to the pressure to perform. If Aminul can stay in the crease and go up to 30 or so, his nervousness will go away. Its just that he is failing to stay in the crease that long.

No 6, 7, 8 can be Alok, Masud, Enamul. If top order fails then these three has to get us out of the embarassment (yet again). Of them, Alok has become a symbol of dependable batsman. But we can't always hope they will succeed (which has happened in the second innings of Dhaka test). If top order does good then these 3 can do better without that added pressure. Otherwise these 3 can only play to get us out of the troubled situation. Even if Alok plays anchor role, he will soon run out of partners (as happend before).

No. 9, 10 and 11 belongs to Taposh, Manju and Talha. Yes, we DO NEED 3 PACER. We must play 3 pacers in next test. They are bowlers, they aren't expected to bat as expert. They have helped us before in troubled time, and I believe they can bat even better if we weren't in trouble.

As far as bowling goes, Tapash, Monju and Talha must take wickets. They are the strike bowlers. Moni can only check runs, might get few wickets if lucky. Ashraful must be given to bowl more, even if he is expensive in some overs.

And finally, we need some big help from God Allmighty. We have seen time and again how our opponents got that "impossible" catch (recently, Fleming's catch in Champion's Trophy), that "impossible" runout. We have seen those unlucky cut, pull, edge which landed in opponents hands. Now its our turn to get those "impossible" outs. Lets pray so that God helps us this time.

Afer reading all these, you say its a piece of $HIT. Sounds too optimistic? What can I do? I am sucker for happy ending (and love stories). Its just that we didn't have any happy ending in our cricket movies. I think its high time we have one.

Nasif

[Edited on 12-12-2002 by nasif]

Old December 12, 2002, 05:44 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

"Its just that we didn't have any happy ending in our cricket movies.

I think its high time we have one."

And especially this test match being the last international match for Bangladesh before the World Cup.
Old December 12, 2002, 02:14 PM
Club Cricketer

Default no happy endings in sight

at least not in the near future.
Old December 12, 2002, 05:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default Come on

Let us have our positive times before we get terribly heart-broken again
Old December 12, 2002, 05:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Come on

Let us have our positive times before we get terribly heart-broken again
Old December 13, 2002, 02:56 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Looking forward to

Sumon back in form - with close to 100 runs in two innings.
Ash with a big score and a little one. big one around 70.
Rokon back with a bang to really make the selectors uneasy.
Tapash/Talha taking his five wicket match haul, we will make WI bat twice.
Pilot total flop but enjoys captaining the side to a four day test.
Naimur finally doing something worthwhile (50+ in two innings and 2/3 wickets) after a while.
Kapali being RESTED.
Manju returning for another toothless yet binding performance.
Hannan hitting his 50 after getting two lives. WI fielding hasn't been that great.

WI having a meltdown of fthe field with row over Christmas bonus. Team demoralized and playing half hearted cricket. Drakes putting the brakes on his Four-wicket hauls and Lawson getting in trouble with the law after a boy come out saying he is his long abandoned son. How did he get to Dhaka ? We'll let Disney figure it out.

(I'm bored, can you tell?)
Old December 14, 2002, 02:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

ha ha....
Tehsin, the way you write your dream- I am seeing it will be four day test where bangladesh is beating west indies....
Old December 14, 2002, 05:03 AM
Cricket Legend

I thought the same thing
Old December 14, 2002, 09:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Why can\'t I have dreams like that?

Tehsin bhai, what do you eat, drink or smoke before going to bed? Seems like whatever you do, you dream sweet things about Bangladeshi cricket. I only have nightmares. You mind revealing your secret?
Old December 14, 2002, 06:24 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Naah

I want you all to suffer, Muhahahahaha. Then again, Santa's watching so I have to behave. So, here goes, you got your pen and paper ready ?

I eat irregularly. Don't follow any patern.

I don't drink enough water, damaging my systems against my better judgement. Hopefully, after December 28 I'll change.

Smoke ? hmmmmm. It's more like I've got hammered so badly over the last three years from the results of our team, who needs to smoke ? Above all, I don't STAY UP ALL night following the game. It has worked wonders for me. If I don't see them getting whacked, what proof that it really happened ? NADA.