facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 25, 2006, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Default World Cup 2007 - Oceania vs Asia - getting tense

2011 and 2015 tournaments
Asian World Cup bid damaged - Mani
Cricinfo staff
April 25, 2006

The ICC President Ehsan Mani has said that the late submission of the Asian bloc's compliance book has weakened their bid for the 2011 World Cup.
Mani told PTI: "Their [Asia's] strong case only weakened because of late submission of compliance book. Nevertheless, if Asia doesn't win the right for 2011 World Cup, I am sure they would get the 2015 World Cup."

India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh have made a bid and were allowed an extension until April 21 to set out their proposal after they had difficulty hitting the first deadline in March. They are up against a joint Australia-New Zealand bid for the tournament. The host will be decided by a vote on April 30, but Mani added that it would be premature to speculate which bid was stronger.

"The voting would be done from 13 countries and seven votes are required to win the rights," he said. "Asia already has four votes and they require another three. But Australia and New Zealand's bid is also strong and 100 percent complete. They have also guaranteed 100 percent tax exemptions."

Mani also confirmed that Asia had promised tax exemptions from their respective governments for the event. The ICC has faced problems with tax exemptions for the Champions Trophy from India and it required personal convincing by Mani and Malcolm Speed to get the event going.

© Cricinfo

Source: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/c...ry/245342.html

Old April 25, 2006, 06:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

.i hope we get it, but i dont think we are gonna get it. ( i mean asia.) one more thing i dont get why is srilanka getting 8 matches and we r only gettin 6.