facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 21, 2010, 10:57 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokai
Yes, it is our home series. We can declare a brand new squad before every test/ODI if we want to.
Thanks. Im not sure if I want to keep the same team and give the batting another chance or whether to bring in Naeem Islam. I have a feeling Naeem Islam will score runs though.

Old January 21, 2010, 11:15 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
I would like to add one information in last 2 years ash has played 11 tests and his average is just above 15.Day by day it is going to be clear for me that ash is not a test material at all.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Ridiculous , absolutely ridiculous. We are called minnows because our selectors are minnows in mentality. They only removed Ash from captaincy when we got humiliated in front of the world in T20 world cup. May be they are waiting for another that type of humiliaton to remove him from team. Good that players like Shakib, Mahmudullah, Tamim, Mushy still keeping our heads high otherwise we could have easily been humiliated already for several times.
Old January 21, 2010, 11:25 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal-Yusuf Pathan

tamim
Old January 21, 2010, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Atleast Rakibul is making an attempt to learn. He is trying to play the game the right way and values his wicket. I am really getting tired of Ash playing some dumb shots. Here is my XI:

Tamim (Please don't throw your wickets after a good start. You can be as good as you want to be.)
Imrul (Need some time to make the adjustment. I wouldn't bring Junaed back just yet.)
Rakibul (He will be one of our best test batsman. Just watch.)
Shakib (Best allrounder. No doubt about it.)
Shahriar Nafees (I am hoping he plays spinner well. Hate to drop him just after one test.)
Mushfiq (Another century. Please...)
Mahmudullah (The more I see him bat, more I appreciate his talent.)
Naeem (I rather have him than Ash right now.)
Shrawardy Shuvo (Time to make the debut. He paid his dues. Can't do worse than Rubel. Batting is a plus.)
Shafiul (I see the talent. Need time.)
Shahadat (I hope he continues the good work.)
Old January 21, 2010, 11:31 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal-Yusuf Pathan

tamim

junaid

ashraful

mushfiqur

shakib

riyad

nayeem

rajib {shahadat}

enamul huq

saqlain shojib,,,,,,very good bowler,,better than shafiul,,,,,,,,,

rusel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old January 21, 2010, 12:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I see some of you already asked the question that I am seeking. Can we bring in players that are not part of the original squad ( ex. Naeem )? If we can, I will name my team, without that knowledge its a pointless exercise because I am really sick of some players that will not cut it. My number.1 criteria for this test and moving forward revolves around the situation existing in top 4. You can't win a test match without solid contribution from among players in that group.

First order of business is making sure that whoever plays in top four won't go fishing at deliveries outside, but players who exhude enough mental strength to stand up and let ball after ball let go if pitched in the channel, but punish anything within the V or on middle and leg. I am looking for confident individuals, not overconfident ; careless and incompetent. Players lacking confidence in their mental and technical strength at the same time, will inevitably chase outside or play away from their body because it is the only way they can release their tensions.

So, here goes my 2nd test team. Additional spin for Dhaka.

1. Tamim ( Keep working on mental aspect. He still has those momentary lapse of judgement )

2. Naeem Islam ( Seeking inspiration from Watson, Dilshan etc. He is a good batsman and batted in the top order all his U-19 and domestic career. He bats with confidence and as a new generation player, he is automatically tougher mentally ). Right-left combo as well for openers.

3. Zunaid ( Quest for no.3 continues with him. Since we should not debut a young guy, he has the most experience in that role , and hopefully the time spent outside has re-energized him )

4. Rakib ( I think he will come good eventually. He got set up by a good delivery but at least he plays within the script. You have to take his wkt. He won't give it to you. His lack of stroke playing ability is not really my prime concern but he will be doing himself a favor if he also dispatches the hittables with more frequency )

5. Rahim ( He can easily bat for me at no.4, but wkt keeping duties won;t allow him to bat higher. We need to look ahead and absolve him off his wkt keeping duties )

6. Sakib ( Just play )

7. Riyad

8. Kapali ( purely as a leg spinning all rounder. I think our spin department needs a bit variation. He should also provide some meat to the lower order. He won't bat any higher than this )

9. Shahadat

10. Rubel

11. Shafi ( with Enam an outside chance )
Old January 21, 2010, 12:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
2. Naeem Islam ( Seeking inspiration from Watson, Dilshan etc. He is a good batsman and batted in the top order all his U-19 and domestic career. He bats with confidence and as a new generation player, he is automatically tougher mentally ). Right-left combo as well for openers.
Dilshan played t20 and ODI first as an opener then after the success of shorter version he tried Test.
Old January 21, 2010, 01:33 PM
Cricket Guru

I want only two changes - drop SN (he is clearly out of shape and form for international cricket) and Rubel (no point playing with three seamers on Mirpur) and bring in Zunaed and Enamul. And oh, drop Shakib down the order.

So, my team is -

Tamim
Imrul
Zunaed
Ashraful
Raqibul
Mahmudullah
Mushfiq
Shakib
Shahadat
Enamul
Shafiul

I know lots of people are angry with Rock and Ash, but I feel they should get this last chance before team management have to decide who should make way for Naeem in the Test team.
Old January 21, 2010, 01:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Same team. No change!
Old January 21, 2010, 01:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: JOBG

1. Tamim
2. Junaed
3. Mushfiq (not because of the recent hype, but he plays swing well)
4. SN
5. Shakib
4. Rokibul
7. Riyad
8. Razzaq
9. Rubel Hossain
10. Shafiul Alam
11. Robin / Shahadat
Old January 21, 2010, 01:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: JOBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
He puts value on his wicket, doesn't gift them. He is still learning, so Id still give him a few chances, to see where he goes with it. I never make drastic changes to a team.
Rokibul is not a very good player of the swinging ball...or mostly pace in general. In both innings of the first match he got out by a swinging ball.

Mushi on the other hand is pretty good at it...I've seen him deal with swing a few time after the top order collapsed. He even batted at #3 once if I remember right.
Old January 21, 2010, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

The biggest question is,, when does the selectors announce the squad? I highly doubt there will be any change..There will be no change in the bowling attack. But I think maybe Zunaid may sneek in again in place of Shahrier. Thats about it..
Old January 21, 2010, 02:12 PM
Street Cricketer

Ashraful should be temporarily out in bench until he can prove to be in. He takes it for granted that BD team cannot play without him. That is why his game is not improving.

By the way, doe anyone from the BD team management read these postings?
Old January 21, 2010, 02:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene

Can't we have Aftab instead of Nafees and tell him not to step on the gas!!
Old January 21, 2010, 03:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I actually can't make a thing out of it. SN even with such nervousness must have shown something in the nets to the coaching staff and selectors so that they were convinced he would be better than Zunaed. Because what he had shown in the 1st test was not better than Zunaed. Big Z should come back to the side. And Naeem replacing Ash. One of the pacers must make room for Enam Jr.
Old January 21, 2010, 03:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I actually can't make a thing out of it. SN even with such nervousness must have shown something in the nets to the coaching staff and selectors so that they were convinced he would be better than Zunaed. Because what he had shown in the 1st test was not better than Zunaed. Big Z should come back to the side. And Naeem replacing Ash. One of the pacers must make room for Enam Jr.Robin
Yeh that seems a good idea, but selectors aren't going to drop ash so easily.
Old January 21, 2010, 03:32 PM
Club Cricketer

Here is mine
1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Riyad
4. Shakib
5. Mushi
6.Kapali
7. Shadat
8. Rubel
9. Naime
10. Shaiful/ Rasel
Old January 21, 2010, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I actually can't make a thing out of it. SN even with such nervousness must have shown something in the nets to the coaching staff and selectors so that they were convinced he would be better than Zunaed.
It's not hard to beat up our pacers in the nets.

The selectors are making the same mistake over and over. They are shoving people who are clearly not ready for it into the team and then once they start failing, they don't know whether to stick to them or drop them because either way, they'd be paying for their own mistakes.
Old January 21, 2010, 03:43 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

my lineup,
Tamim
Kayes
Zunaid
Roqibul
Mahmudullah
Sakib
Mushfiq
Naeem
Emamul Jnr.
Shahdat
Alam
12th Shafiul

I have said it all along, ash sucks at test...but the board thought he is an experienced player...NO
Rubel was worthless in the last test. I think we need one more spinner. and although i would have liked to give nafees some chance, he should play some ODI and when he is more used to the international cricket, he can come back.. I would still keep Imrul and put Mahmudullah a little higher in terms of batting order. Mushfiq should stay where he is because if the top order fails he can grasp it from there. and Naem should definitely be on the sqaud
Old January 21, 2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpain
Here is mine
1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Riyad
4. Shakib
5. Mushi
6.Kapali
7. Shadat
8. Rubel
9. Naime
10. Shaiful/ Rasel
Kapali??? he is not even on the 20 squad.. anyways i would like to have him back too.. he could be usefull in both areas and aren't u missing a player? umm Zunaid?
Old January 21, 2010, 03:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

1.tamim
2. Imrul
3. Rajin
4. rok
5. mushfiq
6. Naeem (comes in for his batting, but will be a useful extra spinner)
7. mahmudullah
8. shakib (needs to bat lower down the order until he gets his form right)
9. Shahadat
10. Rubel (maybe enamul if it is going to be a turner)
11. Shafiul islam

Rajin is not a long term pick, but for this match if zunaid is out of touch i can see no harm in bringing him in. He is patient and as far as I am aware has not had the chance to link up with Siddons yet, so the coach could do wonders with someone with his sort of temperament.

I would drop both ash and nafees. Ash definitely needs to be dropped, nafees could do a job with the bat but he'd have to come much lower down the order, somewhere like 6 or 7.

I toyed with the idea of changing the bowling attack (perhaps bringing in Robin), but shafiul and rubel showed enough promise to be persevered with. It's not often that the Bangladeshi bowlers bowl consistently faster than their Indian counterparts, but that's what happened in Chotto Gram.

An extra spinner would be helpful, but bringing in enam would weaken the batting too much, which is why I've gone for Naeem instead. He had a good ODI series (like riyad) and could take that form into the test series.

The selectors will do nothing so bold. I think either ash or nafees will be dropped, not both. As you can see, I'd drop both...

Last edited by abu2abu; January 21, 2010 at 03:58 PM..
Old January 21, 2010, 03:50 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

drop sn for naeem (i know he is not in the squad but as host we can still include him)
drop rubel for enam jr.
Old January 21, 2010, 03:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi

edit: Any person who does not mention Robin in their line up, has no opinion of value.

Bhai, I'm not sure if you were joking, but in case you weren't, you should be more tolerant of other people's views.

Jamie Siddons (an international coach with plenty of experience) didn't think robin was good enough to make the XI for the first test (he could do so again) and I'm sure his opinion is rated quite highly...
Old January 21, 2010, 03:53 PM

Imrul

Batting and fielding averages Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 4s 6s Ct St
Tests 7 14 0 185 33 13.21 468 39.52 0 0 27 0 5 0
ODIs 7 7 0 171 70 24.42 276 61.95 0 1 14 2 2 0
First-class 26 49 1 1320 138 27.50 2 5 12 0
List A 28 28 2 984 133* 37.84 1303 75.51 2 5 101 16 8 2
Twenty20 1 1 0 0 0 0.00 2 0.00 0 0 0 0 1 0

Zunaid

Batting and fielding averages Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 4s 6s Ct St
Tests 12 23 0 526 78 22.86 1257 41.84 0 4 64 1 6 0
ODIs 29 28 0 488 85 17.42 802 60.84 0 2 55 1 12 0
T20Is 5 5 0 134 71 26.80 84 159.52 0 1 13 6 0 0
First-class 32 60 1 1438 114* 24.37 1 8 22 0
List A 53 52 0 1132 120 21.76 1615 70.09 2 6 17 0
Twenty20 6 6 0 146 71 24.33 94 155.31 0 1 15 6 0 0
I see a huge difference!
Old January 21, 2010, 03:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Please throw me brick all over, but here's my pick (with batting order) for 2nd test after *smoking* heavily!

1. Tamim
2. Imrul/Zunaed
3. Mushy (as pure batsman)
4. SN
5. Rocks
6. Shakib
7. Mamu
8. Khaled Mashud Pilot (WK)
9. Shahdat
10. Rubel
11. Shafiul/Enam jr

And yes, no Ash!...and I am not a hater/lover...I just think he needs a break! We need a senior player, Pilot will be enough for that.