facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 6, 2010, 12:20 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
We must win at least one Test against New Zealand to limit the damage done by todays submission.
When is that? Only reason we lost the last test against NZ because of our bowlers. You cant win, when you give away 600 runs

And I really dont wanna play test against Zim. Because I have a feeling they will take them lightly, specially the current arrogant Shakib, and lose the 1st Test.

Old June 6, 2010, 02:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

*Shakib, Riyad and Mushy had great form with bat before this series. As per law of averages one bad series is acceptable. If they could continue their form then they would be rated as Tamim's class. Tamim longest run of form mean he is far superior than all.
*Imrul had bad form but gave something back in this series. Junaed also recently got back his form so expectably did well too.
*Johurul could do better despite he is still at very early stage of his career. He should have made two 50+ innings as he was in great form in domestic and warm up match
*Ashraful was the spoiler. He should have score some runs as he was not in form for some times. It was his time which came rotationally to him. Other top teams also accomodate off-formed players who is backed up by other players in the team whom he backed up earliar. It is like cycle system. Ash is very irregular with this and bringing disruption of the cycle.
Old June 6, 2010, 10:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Now he is becoming a bolwre who can bat a bit. This is becoming a big concern and will be a big loss for us.
Yes, this is a concern and I just blame the board for this.
Beleive it or not, captaincy is hampering his performance. An all-rounder needs to give a lot of time to his batting and bowling. If you add the pressure of captaincy to him at the developing stage, this has to happen. This is why I always opposed of Sakib being the captain. The timing was really wrong. Now he is having too much work-load which he cannot perform practically. Also we are in a stage that there is no way out of it.
Old June 6, 2010, 10:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
We must win at least one Test against New Zealand to limit the damage done by todays submission.
I also think so. We must win at least one test against NZ at home.

But do our players really want to win? I have doubt on that. To achieve a win, first you have to have the real desire for that. They are always planning to take it to the 5th day. I don't understand what is the point of that. You can play a very competitive match which can finish in 3/4 days. I always take that instead of a 5th day defeat which is obvious from day 2/3.

First we need to plan for a win. Make the pitch on our favor to take 20 wickets. You have to take 20 wickets to win. Plan accordingly and go for it. But what they are doing? Preparing a dead pitch where we struggle to get 5/6 wickets in a whole match. But obviously we are going to loose 20 wickets but it may take 5 days.

This is why I feel they do not want to win. I do not see them winning against NZ if they do not change this attitude.
Old June 6, 2010, 10:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

agreed 100% with all of Miraz bhai's points. Ashraful can't play with his responsibility any more. I dont see any reason for him to be included in the Asia Cup.
Old June 6, 2010, 11:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

the only contenders for captaincy atm are shakib and tamim, that's based on peformance, i still think shakib is the only option for captaincy, but yeah it might be having a bad effect on his development, when he first got captaincy his batting attitude seemed to get better but only for a short time and ever since it's been not so great.
Old June 7, 2010, 06:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim

Completely agree with Miraz bhai's post. Ashraful must go. Please join 'Ashraful Hotao Desh Bachao' group if you are a facebook user.
I dont know whats going on with Sakib. For last few matches, I didnt see him taking any responsibilities while batting. He just went there and as Holding said wanted to get out. He must take more responsibilities and must not come at No. 6. This position is not for someone who comes to the wicket and throws his bat at everything. I think Mushy should come at this position followed by Mahmud and the captain. At this point positions 1 thru 4 look okay as they are getting runs. Need to find a solid batsman a 5. I am not in for Raquibul. He should be punished for his selfish behavior.
Old June 7, 2010, 08:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananna
Completely agree with Miraz bhai's post. Ashraful must go. Please join 'Ashraful Hotao Desh Bachao' group if you are a facebook user.
I dont know whats going on with Sakib. For last few matches, I didnt see him taking any responsibilities while batting. He just went there and as Holding said wanted to get out. He must take more responsibilities and must not come at No. 6. This position is not for someone who comes to the wicket and throws his bat at everything. I think Mushy should come at this position followed by Mahmud and the captain. At this point positions 1 thru 4 look okay as they are getting runs. Need to find a solid batsman a 5. I am not in for Raquibul. He should be punished for his selfish behavior.
riyad, naeem, rahim, maybe shuvagoto hom in the long run. shakib is also a potential #5 for us but really when we have riyad and rahim in the team with naeem on the sidelines we don't need shakib at 5 especialliy if he isn't going to be responsible.
Old June 7, 2010, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

I agree with moving Sakib down the order, to maybe 7 or 8.

His batting has really gone down... He is way too aggressive now, and needs to slow down. Regardless, as long as his bowling stays good, I am happy. Our bowling is a bigger worry for me, as he is our only competent bowler.

Also, I agree with dropping Ash. By now he has been given a lot of chances and has failed.
Mushy needs to come up the order.

All in all, I agree with Miraz's suggestions
Old June 7, 2010, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

a) We're not playing as a team - if the guys at the top make runs, the guys at the bottom fail and vice versa. Who is to say tomorrow the roles won't be reversed? They were just a series ago. What gives us the confidence that the top is ok?

b) We suck at playing the moving ball; more so than regular teams. Making 400 on flat surfaces is a good start, but we're utterly defenseless when it comes to batting in unfavorable conditions and we can't become a good unit unless we get over it.

The point is, given Siddons' philosophy of building a block at a time, we'll have a couple of terrible hiccups on our way to whatever is the team's definition of glory. There's no way one couldn't have predicted what happened in the second Test, especially with us playing in alien conditions. Our players are not exactly the smartest cricketers around, so they're bound to continue to fail regularly. Sure, there will be traces of individual brilliance, but at the end of the day, they're merely traces.
Old June 7, 2010, 09:44 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

In Tests for the #5 spot

1) I can see Riyad coming in and Naeem Islam replacing him at #8
2) Shamsur Rahman
3) Nazimuddin
4) Faisal Hossain

In ODIs for the #3 spot

1) Nazimuddin
2) Aftab Ahmed
3) Riyad, Naeem or Mushy at #3 and Shahriar Nafees at #4
Old June 7, 2010, 09:46 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

In tests I think Riyad should bat ahead of Shakib as someone else has rightly said he bats way too aggressive at that position and it's more suited to someone coming in at #8 with the tailenders.