facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 19, 2013, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I have noticed one thing, the natural length of our pacers seem to be too short. I reckon it could be due to the fact that we play on low pitches all our lives, and have to bit a bit shorter to get the ball in the 'uncomfortable' zone. Bowling full, even in swinging conditions, seems to be of second nature to our pacers. Whoever is coaching us, hopefully has a look at the natural length of the pacers.

And as I said before, I am still not sold on any of our pacers. I don't think Abul, Robiul, Shahadat or Rubel are of test standards. Rubel maybe pushing towards becoming one, but the rest are just stop gap solutions. So there is no way on earth Bangladesh should be playing 3 pacers, regardless of the condition.

I would go with Shakib, Enamul, Gazi, Rubel and Shafiul in tests. I think these 5 are the best bowlers in the country and would make a decent attack.

Old March 19, 2013, 09:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Pleased with how Robiul Islam did. Sarwar Imran had praised Robiuls work ethic, saying the guy had terrific stamina and is willing to work very hard. We saw that in this test. Theres something wrong with his action. If he can work it out, and improve his accuracy he could be a very valuable bowler. The type of role Siddle plays for the Aussies.

@beshideshi not just the length, even the line is way too inconsistent. This requires pure old fashioned hard work. Put markers on practice pitch and keep trying to bowl in the right areas. Practice day and night and get metronomic accuracy. Southee does this beautifully for New Zealand and Philander for South Africa. They dont give anything to the batsman, always attacking the stumps.
Old March 20, 2013, 02:01 PM
Cricket Sage

I think its not about wheather Abul or Rubel or Robiul or Shafiul or Taskin or some one new on the line. I think at this point its all of them plus more. We need to create a core group of 5/6 young FBs that we can rotate and keep them fresh, healthy and hungry.

I gave up hope on Shahadat and don't consider Nazmul as our long term fast bowling solution and therefore intentionally kept them out of my list.
Old March 20, 2013, 02:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I actuallly rate Robiul the best out of the current stock. Hopefully Rubel continues to develop. Time to blood in Taskin and at least get a core group as has already been said.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 20, 2013, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I cry in pain every time I come to this thread.
Old March 20, 2013, 05:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I actuallly rate Robiul the best out of the current stock. Hopefully Rubel continues to develop. Time to blood in Taskin and at least get a core group as has already been said.
well 2 wickets each innings for the 2nd test on pretty good batting track, if he can get 2 wickets every innings that's more useful than the pacers we've had before, plus that's 4 wickets per match which is quite good. reckon he's earned his spot in the zim series.
Old March 20, 2013, 09:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

After shakib's return, i pretty sure selectors will go towards 3 bowlers + shakib combination, so that they can play an extra batsman. Unfortunately for us, we will miss out on the opportunity to develop a bowler, at cost of giving exposure to a bits and pieces batsman.

I hope the selectors will prove me wrong.
Old March 20, 2013, 10:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I cry in pain every time I come to this thread.
blah logic: if you really cared for the bowlers, you'd pick up a ball and make the nationals..
Old March 20, 2013, 10:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Seamers = Robiul > Abul = Rubel > Taskin
Spinners = Shakib > Gazi > Enamul

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 22, 2013, 06:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Nazmul is too much injury prone for last few years. He need to address his fitness issue first then come back in ODI before thinking about TEST, which he need to play 5 days.
Old March 23, 2013, 10:40 AM
Cricket Legend

I know this thread is for test bowling, but this is what happens when you have erratic pace bowlers. We ll be better off having medium pacers who can keep it tight than bowlers like Rubel and Abul
Old March 23, 2013, 09:11 PM
Cricket Sage

So, where are our so called tight bowlers for the ODI?

They are either all injured or out of form. Suddenly Zia emerged in this game. Is he a fluke or real? Too early to tell.
Old March 23, 2013, 09:57 PM
Cricket Legend

No i have seen him bowl before. He usually keeps it very tight and mixes it up with a lot of off cutters. He becomes even more effective when Mushfiq stands up to the stumps.

I read BCB called up Shahadat Hossian to replace Nazmul. Its as if they are giving the guy a holiday. What good is he going to do.

I really hope we play Mosharraf instead of one of Abul/Rubel and give the new ball to Zia. We ll be better of pllaying 3 frontline spinners.
Old March 23, 2013, 10:05 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
No i have seen him bowl before. He usually keeps it very tight and mixes it up with a lot of off cutters. He becomes even more effective when Mushfiq stands up to the stumps.

I read BCB called up Shahadat Hossian to replace Nazmul. Its as if they are giving the guy a holiday. What good is he going to do.

I really hope we play Mosharraf instead of one of Abul/Rubel and give the new ball to Zia. We ll be better of pllaying 3 frontline spinners.
We have kept on giving chances to Shafiul, Rubel, Shahadat and Abul without seeing any improvement in skills over the years. Where are the tight bowlers? Well why don't we identify from the FC cricket and bring them to the camp to find out? Domestic cricket standard is pretty poor but the pacers we pick like Rubel and Abul doesnt even have a good domestic record.
Old March 23, 2013, 10:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
We have kept on giving chances to Shafiul, Rubel, Shahadat and Abul without seeing any improvement in skills over the years. Where are the tight bowlers? Well why don't we identify from the FC cricket and bring them to the camp to find out? Domestic cricket standard is pretty poor but the pacers we pick like Rubel and Abul doesnt even have a good domestic record.
obviously the selectors think the only way to be successful at the international level is pace, did they forget syed rasel's exploits earlier in his career? in ODIs especially slower bowlers with swing, seam and variations can be very very effective. but it comes down to consistent good line and length. need to try sajidul, babu and kamrul's or even abu jayed and al amin.
Old March 23, 2013, 10:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Whole system is at fault. How can you on your right mind call up Shahadat knowing his record in ODI's. Just tells you about the mindset of our selectors