facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old February 23, 2010, 05:04 PM
Banned

Default Look Bd fans, Afghanistan chased 494 to win a first class match

Ya, my beloved Afghanistan cricket team won a first class match against Canada today by scoring 494 in the fourth innings on the last day. It is a record. I am sure any team would have struggled to score that many runs on the last day pitch. I am now waiting to see a match against Bangaladesh. Bangaladesh lost matches against ireland several times and we, the Afghan team beat ireland comprehensively in all forms of cricket recently. So, get ready for the defeats of your team against our team. sorry guys, it was initially only ireland. now add Afghanistan in your threat list.

http://www.cricinfo.com/icccont2010/...ch/438893.html

Last edited by afghan; February 23, 2010 at 05:26 PM..

Old February 23, 2010, 05:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Good effort, and it's the right attitude.

I think Afghanistan should tour Bangladesh, and may the best team win

Ian Whitchurch
Old February 23, 2010, 05:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Congrats!

I am an admirer of the Afghan team. Still I think you guys should not be carried away after chasing 494 runs against a really mediocre Canada bowling side on a flat track of Sharjah.
Old February 23, 2010, 05:10 PM
Banned

do u guys have enough money to buy the air tickets for ur player to come bangladesh and beat them?
Old February 23, 2010, 05:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

if you're really an afghan: congrats and welcome!

if you're indian, or equally worse, paki: scram!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 23, 2010, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Good effort, and it's the right attitude.

I think Afghanistan should tour Bangladesh, and may the best team win

Ian Whitchurch
Thanks for your reply. ya, i believe the difference between Afghan team and Bd team is not that much. we really need to prove that to the bd fans. we just wanna play against bd.
Old February 23, 2010, 05:15 PM
Cricket Guru

I agree - BCB should invite Afgan team over for a tour, may be they should arrange couple of T20Is and a three match ODI series before going to WI for T20I WC.
Old February 23, 2010, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximumpro
do u guys have enough money to buy the air tickets for ur player to come bangladesh and beat them?
HAHAHAHAHA!!! what a way to welcome a new member!! ya, recently we have travelled Canada, netherlands, ireland and dubai. so, do not worry, travelling bd will not be that expensive as Canada and dubai. we will come and beat you, Inshallah!!
Old February 23, 2010, 05:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Congratulation to Afgan team , i expect few upset in T20 WC

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old February 23, 2010, 05:20 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by afghan
ya, my beloved afghanistan cricket team won a first class match against canada today by scoring 494 in the fourth innings on the last day. I am sure any team would have struggled to score that many runs on the last day pitch. I am now waiting to see a match against bangaladesh. Bangaladesh lost matches against ireland several times and we, the afghan team beat ireland comprehensively in all forms of cricket recently. So, get ready for the defeats of your team against our team. Sorry guys, it was initially only ireland. Now add afghanistan in your threat list.

দুই দিনের বৈরাগী, ভাতেরে কয় অন্ন। মেজাজটাই বিগড়ে গেল। আমরা কি এতই খারাপ?
Old February 23, 2010, 05:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
দুই দিনের বৈরাগী, ভাতেরে কয় অন্ন। মেজাজটাই বিগড়ে গেল। আমরা কি এতই খারাপ?
translation please. it is not a good way to reply a foreigner's post
Old February 23, 2010, 05:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Welcome to BC. Do you guys have a website? For all Afgan fans to converge. I'd like to join.
Old February 23, 2010, 05:24 PM
Cricket Legend

that was certainly rude Maximumpro... nonetheless welcome to banglacricket afghan...

yes, we will play Afghanistan in the near future for sure. Once we are done with our 'close' ones against the big teams, we should certainly play the Afghans given their current form they put up a better fight than Ireland and possibly Zimbabwe.

but I think Afghanistan should start by playing with Zimbabwe first, as that will help both the teams at the moment...
Old February 23, 2010, 05:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
That's below the belt bro.....really unnecessary.
Old February 23, 2010, 05:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur R & Nasir H

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. ya, i believe the difference between Afghan team and Bd team is not that much. we really need to prove that to the bd fans. we just wanna play against bd.
Bro bro bro, if u are a fellow muslim I saying this 2 u as a muslim brother, never get too ahead of your self and become arragont. Yes u beat ireland thats true and alse we lost to ireland twice thats true. However u have to remember we bdesh im referring to, have beaten almost every single team and I believe we still can do on our day, but that does not mean we are a better team then the teams we have beaten. We have beaten new zealand twice does that mean we are better than them? We hav beaten australia, does that mean we are betteer then them? No it certainly does not. Keep plaining consistant, and inshallah i have faith afghanistan will be an emerging prospect. I still believe whole heartdely u are now way near as good as bdesh.
Old February 23, 2010, 05:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
2 be honest bro we aint much richer.
Old February 23, 2010, 05:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Confidence is good. Welcome to the board!
Old February 23, 2010, 05:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

It's true that Bangladesh would’ve definitely struggled to claim even a draw batting on a last day…against any team. And to win a match the way Afghan’s did is a feat by itself, regardless of the opponent and the pitch condition or the size of the ground.
Heck, did any of our players even score a double ton against any international side at any level or form of cricket…….they should learn from this afghan team.
But Afghan’s shouldn't get carried away because to be honest no matter how bad Bangladesh or Zim is it will not be easy to beat. But with the way Afghan’s started there international cricket I am sure it won’t bee too long before they become a force to recon with. Good going guys.
Old February 23, 2010, 05:34 PM
Test Cricketer

From today though however, Afghanistan will be the second team i will support. & Farhad bhi we wonder why the talibans are so hard to defeat. Therz the answer. "Confidence!".
Old February 23, 2010, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakidul
Bro bro bro, if u are a fellow muslim I saying this 2 u as a muslim brother, never get too ahead of your self and become arragont. Yes u beat ireland thats true and alse we lost to ireland twice thats true. However u have to remember we bdesh im referring to, have beaten almost every single team and I believe we still can do on our day, but that does not mean we are a better team then the teams we have beaten. We have beaten new zealand twice does that mean we are better than them? We hav beaten australia, does that mean we are betteer then them? No it certainly does not. Keep plaining consistant, and inshallah i have faith afghanistan will be an emerging prospect. I still believe whole heartdely u are now way near as good as bdesh.

P.S. And quick question how many of the afgan team are actually pakistani orgin players?

we beat ireland several times including in the crucial matches like t/20 qualifier final. so, it is not like beating once and then losing to ireland for the next 20 matches. like bd did against some big teams. i am not talking about just one match win over bd, we feel that we can beat them in a one day series. we beat all the top icc associate teams including ireland frequently in the recent past. we have proved that we are among the best of the associates. even irish will agree. so, we want to just play against bd a three match series to see who is better.
Old February 23, 2010, 05:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Salaam and welcome to BC dear Afghan bhai!!
Man, I really hope and pray for Afghanisthan to become an exciting, bada$$, powerhouse of aggressive cricket in the World, I can see they are on their way there and soon be a team to challange the top powerhouses of World cricket. Being at the worst time the most ill-fortune situation of her otherwise great and grand life what this country, land and it's people have shown in cricket is beyond amazing!! All the best to team Afghanisthan!!!
Old February 23, 2010, 05:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
Confidence is good. Welcome to the board!
Confidence is good and I myself rooted for Afgan team. But what I don't like is: Shiitiest ever team, newest ever team, associate team or division 5 team.....everyone thinks that they can beat Bangladesh. Afgans playing well and everyone started saying, they are better than BD..they can even beat BD. Look, no one will say, this Afganstan can beat Zimbo. This attitude by others is very very hard for me to swallow, given that many of us already have a subtle and sub-conscious inferior complexity embedded in our mind.

Therefore my reply to Afgan - দূর হ!
Old February 23, 2010, 05:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Afghan don't get too excited. The Ireland team Afghanistan beat and the Ireland the one that was undisputed No.1 associate for the last three years aren't the same team. England stole the best Irish players and now Ireland is beatable by Afghanistan.

Also, remember that a mediocre(at best) attack got you for 250 in the first innings and then you conceded more than 550 runs to them.

Your performance is credible. But remember you are yet to play any game with test playing nations. You have to do a lot more before your big claims stop sounding ridiculous. Though I agree you should play BD A team few times a year. Practice for you, Practice for us.
Old February 23, 2010, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Ok - troll alert; troll alert....
Old February 23, 2010, 05:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib al Hasan

Quote:
Ya, my beloved Afghanistan cricket team won a first class match against Canada today by scoring 494 in the fourth innings on the last day. It is a record. I am sure any team would have struggled to score that many runs on the last day pitch. I am now waiting to see a match against Bangaladesh. Bangaladesh lost matches against ireland several times and we, the Afghan team beat ireland comprehensively in all forms of cricket recently. So, get ready for the defeats of your team against our team. sorry guys, it was initially only ireland. now add Afghanistan in your threat list.

I am thrilled, excited; Just like decleration of a combat. Bring it on. Hopefully our top order would not be that vulnerable from now on and thats where you stand any chance. Because the Board does not want Ashraful anymore in the team.

http://prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2...-24/news/44601
Closed Thread