facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 12, 2017, 11:19 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar
Default 'If India becomes weak, we become weak' - BCB chief

BCB chief Nazmul Hassan has said that the issues India have with the ICC's proposed revenue model need to be sorted as a "weaker BCCI means weaker Bangladesh".
The BCB chief, who is also a part of ICC working group, met the BCCI's Committee of Administrators (CoA) chief Vinod Rai in Delhi today, to discuss issues related to the ICC board meeting later this month.

"Everybody is trying to find a middle path to solve [the revenue structure problem] in a more amicable manner," Hassan said after his meeting with the CoA, according to PTI. "We don't want any member country to get hurt. Especially India as they have always supported us. If India becomes weak, we also become weak."

However, Hassan is an advocate of equitable distribution of ICC revenue. "I was a party to the decision when N Srinivasan was there [as ICC head] and the Big Three concept was mooted. Look, I believe we need a more equitable distribution but that certainly doesn't mean you take away India's share. No, no that's not what we want."
Hassan said there was still a need, though, to help member countries which are going through financial crises.

Asked about the proposed changes to the ICC's governance structure, Hassan said different member countries had different issues with it. "Not all of us had agreed on the governance structure. There are a lot of issues that others don't agree and there are some with which we don't agree. That's why it was placed at the ICC board meeting for everybody's observation."

Hassan said both the BCCI and the BCB have submitted their observations on the governance issue with the ICC. He said the BCB discussed its reservations with the CoA. "The COA put forth their point on what their concerns on revenue model and governance structure are, while we also told them why we are supporting a few issues and not all. We will meet again and want more countries to join us," he said.
Hassan also met ICC chairman Shashank Manohar in Nagpur before his meeting with the CoA in Delhi. Hassan is part of the five-man ICC steering group lead by Manohar, which prepared the new draft constitution, which will be discussed at the second quarterly meeting of the ICC board later this month in Dubai.

Hassan said the steering group will be meeting before the ICC meetings to discuss the responses filed by various Full Member boards on the draft constitution. According to Hassan, he met Manohar to discuss a possible date for the steering group's meeting. "We are trying to find a suitable date because there are lot of recommendations from various boards. [If] we have to incorporate changes, we need to change the governance structure and finalise it before the next [ICC] board meeting."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...tml?CMP=chrome
Old April 12, 2017, 11:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

If India becomes weak, cricket becomes weak not only BCB. A royal kick in the behind for anti-BCCI nutjobs, BCB will always be close and friendly towards BCCI, few fanboyz barking online does not matter.
Old April 27, 2017, 02:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
If India becomes weak, cricket becomes weak not only BCB. A royal kick in the behind for anti-BCCI nutjobs, BCB will always be close and friendly towards BCCI, few fanboyz barking online does not matter.
Not looking that way so far.

BCCI now has 2 more months try retake their hostage boards (BD, WI, ZIM) before the real vote in London. If they pull it off it will prove their capabilities as a true kingpin.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 12, 2017, 11:43 AM
Cricket Guru

What else to expect from a spineless coward who can't even stand up to bullying from a weak board like PCB?!!!

He is spooked by the possibility BCB's financial dealings will come under scrutiny in the new ICC constitution.

This back flip from Papon was expected. Now, he will make BCB one of the most hated boards, right alongside BCCI.
Old April 12, 2017, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

If you are rich and powerful of course some people will hate you out of jealousy, human instinct
Old April 13, 2017, 12:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
If you are rich and powerful of course some people will hate you out of jealousy, human instinct
BCB is not rich and powerful.

That being said, I disagree with Eshen, Papon is making the only smart move. We don't have PCB's clout or muscle to oppose BCCI. Our survival hinges on blindly following BCCI's lead except if its clearly a suicidal action like the initial Srinivasan 2014 Big 3 revamp.

Hate it all you want, but we've made the only right way.

BCB is attempting to piggyback off the BCCI's support, power, and money just like Israel does with the US. Its a smart move.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 13, 2017, 09:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
BCB is not rich and powerful.

That being said, I disagree with Eshen, Papon is making the only smart move. We don't have PCB's clout or muscle to oppose BCCI. Our survival hinges on blindly following BCCI's lead except if its clearly a suicidal action like the initial Srinivasan 2014 Big 3 revamp.

Hate it all you want, but we've made the only right way.

BCB is attempting to piggyback off the BCCI's support, power, and money just like Israel does with the US. Its a smart move.
BCB is indeed rich, albeit not that powerful yet, I actually meant BCCI though.

Lol at PCB's clout and muscle, they still run behind us with a begging bowl, we could even make them do squat if we want to Heck even sane Pakistani fans would like to have BCCIesque administrators managing PCB than the morons who currently run it.

I agree with you here, this is indeed a smart and pragmatic move. People calling names to Papon are sadly have no idea about ground reality, I hope BCCI appreciates this wonderful gesture made by BCB chief by inviting Bangladesh for a proper test series, which they should have done a long time ago btw.
Old April 12, 2017, 05:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Utter tosh.
I am trying to clean up my language.

All that is happening is ICC asking BCCI to take cut from big 3 pay out,so we can pay more to other sides. and Afghanistan and Ireland so they can play test cricket.
India don't want those 2 because thats 12 million they don't get.
Old April 13, 2017, 01:00 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Well done BCB president. Smart move.
Old April 13, 2017, 02:30 AM
Cricket Legend

I can understand your views,its better the devil will know.
But you miss out on 3/4 million dollars a year.
Old April 13, 2017, 03:05 AM
Cricket Legend

If you can't beat em, join em. I can't say that I like this but at the end of the day and BCB's best interest, probably is a smart move.

Pakistanis must be going bonkers over this statement
Old April 13, 2017, 03:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

ami jitley jitey jay maa
Old April 13, 2017, 07:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
ami jitley jitey jay maa
Haha good one.
Old April 13, 2017, 09:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
I can understand your views,its better the devil will know.
But you miss out on 3/4 million dollars a year.
10 day trip of Indian team with 3 T20 games covers 3 years worth of loss. A photoshoot session will cover half of the loss.
+++
I am all for increasing test teams. Mostly Ireland and Afghans at this stage.
Old April 13, 2017, 04:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

TBH fantastic stuff by BCB. They know staying in good books of BCCI will take them very far. Long live Indo-Bangla friendship. BCCI must invite BD soon for a full series.

Our friendhsip is increasing in every front.

A)Politically, Modi and Haseena govt have great relationship. Even the national song of both countries written by great Tagore.

B)Both cricket boards are in good terms. Dalmiya assisting BD to get test status.

C)Cricketers of both countries respect each other. Let it be Ashwin giving tips to young Medhi, VVS in awe of Fizz's skills etc. etc.

Only problem is BD fans. Once they get bit more matured...our relationship will blossom even more.
Old April 13, 2017, 04:31 AM
Cricket Legend

India is not a victim,the bloke is a liar,they just want to keep all their money and have no test status for Afghanistan and Ireland.
Old April 13, 2017, 08:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
Only problem is BD fans. Once they get bit more matured...our relationship will blossom even more.
Don't bet on it.
Old April 13, 2017, 10:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Indian "fans" lecturing Bangladeshi fans about maturity. The irony!

You people are funny as heck.
Old April 13, 2017, 12:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Our friendhsip is increasing in every front.
True that, this proves how insignificant and irrelevant online hatemongers are in the real world. May this friendship last forever, may we grow and prosper together.
Old April 13, 2017, 06:44 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Good stratregy from BCB me think
Old April 13, 2017, 10:16 AM

Papon is a politician, if you read his entire comment you would see he is working on finding a 'middle ground' on ICC remodeling financial wise and structural wise as a member of steering committee. He never said that he is giving up and going to settle down with 'Big 3 era' structure.

Manohor resigned from ICC once, and then came back to carry on the job again, means there is diplomacy and negotiation going on behind the scene inside ICC itself. Now Papon is on a diplomacy tour and trying his best to bring out the best for not just BCB but for other boards as well.

He is doing his job as a steering committee member as well as a head of BCB, if any other board official can do better job then they should come forward and show some magic. Till then we should stay tuned and wait for the final outcome.
Old April 13, 2017, 01:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Papon is a politician, if you read his entire comment you would see he is working on finding a 'middle ground' on ICC remodeling financial wise and structural wise as a member of steering committee. He never said that he is giving up and going to settle down with 'Big 3 era' structure.

Manohor resigned from ICC once, and then came back to carry on the job again, means there is diplomacy and negotiation going on behind the scene inside ICC itself. Now Papon is on a diplomacy tour and trying his best to bring out the best for not just BCB but for other boards as well.

He is doing his job as a steering committee member as well as a head of BCB, if any other board official can do better job then they should come forward and show some magic. Till then we should stay tuned and wait for the final outcome.
Papon's meddling in selections is wrong (even if the right decisions are ultimately being made), but I think his diplomacy has been pretty shrewd and not given enough credit. Lets at least wait and see where the chips fall before passing final judgement. We will know in about 2 weeks time.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 16, 2017, 01:54 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Papon's meddling in selections is wrong (even if the right decisions are ultimately being made), but I think his diplomacy has been pretty shrewd and not given enough credit. Lets at least wait and see where the chips fall before passing final judgement. We will know in about 2 weeks time.
Exactly. Let him kiss BCCI's a$$ - it's what's needed in the present climate. Stay out of the selection process is all I ask.
Old April 13, 2017, 10:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

If you can't make a friend, don't make an enemy. It's no-brainer that you don't go against such powerful cricket board - BCCI. So, Papon is right.

But remind me again what benefits we (BCB) can expect out of it in future other then "having national anthem composed by same poet".
1-match test series in next 17 years?
2 more players given chance to play at IPL?

What exactly?
Old April 13, 2017, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

Definitely bd is getting paid more then what they got used too .... so in with Bcci means , more revenue for bd first... so of course papon did the right thing , although I didn't liked. But hey...whatever help us to go our country far, it's matter ... like it or not...and avoid the situation like World Cup 2015....