facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 5, 2003, 06:49 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Suggestions Needed

I know I'm going off-topic here but this is very important. The reason why I didn't post it in Forget cricket because many of us don't even bother to see wts posted there.

As you guyz know that I applied and got into to Seven Universities -> Namely: 1) U of T 2) Ryerson 3) York 4) McMaster 5) UOIT 6) Waterloo 7)Guelph. I have generally applied for Engineering in all these Universities.

Now from the option of seven universities I have narrowed my choice to 4.
Now, I'm very confused where to go?
The 4 universities that I'm looking forward to are:
1) McMaster
2) Ryerson
3) York
4) Guelph (<-- less possibility)

Now, I would like to request all you guys to help me out of this problem. Some people say that it doesn't really matter which university you go to and some say it really matters, so I'm stuck in between these things. Pompous bhai you should have a good idea about it.

[Edited on 5-6-2003 by ehsan]

Old June 5, 2003, 07:54 PM
Banned

We may be able cricket analysts, but not necessarily college educated.

A good University is only a better opportunity. What you make out of what it has to offer, is what you will get in return.
Old June 5, 2003, 09:16 PM
Street Cricketer

Default NICE CRICKET SITE

I look at your site from time to time.
Today I registered just to answer ehsan's question.

I can't answer the question really. I would go to that uni that would enable me to get a job or create a business that offers maximum income opportunities. I mean money making opportunities. That's how I would make my decision.

But people are different. Money is the most important thing to me, but not to everyone.

I suggest ehsan speaks to someone who has had uni education and is a career consultant. Anyone in your club fits that profile?
Old June 5, 2003, 10:06 PM
Cricket Legend

As a soon to be university graduate who researched universities in 4 continents, all i can say is that rankings do matter but not to the extent some ppl make it out to be.

For e.g., if 2 universities r ranked 6th and 8th in Macleans, there is virtually no difference in them. On the other hand, there is a difference between 3rd and 15th.

Rankings matter only because some employers may look at the quality of ur university when u r applying for ur first job. But the importance of rankings is less than that of how capable as a student u r or ur communication skills.

Simply put, if 2 graduates from the u of toronto and memorial univ of newfoundland have similar communication skills and grades, the U of T guy will normally be preferred.

Once u get job experience ur univ status takes minimal importance.

when u apply for a job 15 years from now no one is going to dig up rankings and find out ur university's position.

btw what subject r u studying? i can advise u further if i know the degree area.

Old June 5, 2003, 10:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Waterloo. if you're interested in engg.