facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who Should Sabbir Rahman (Rumon) replace in National Team (T20)
Mahmudullah Raid 3 14.29%
Mohammad Ashraful 4 19.05%
Mominul Haque 10 47.62%
Ziaur Rahman 3 14.29%
Others/None. 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 13, 2013, 12:56 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Source please......
According to CI his T20 batting average is 19.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...er/373538.html
Cricinfo doesn't include all T20 games.

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Pl...18/366418.html

this is where tigerZ got his stats.

Old May 14, 2013, 10:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Lets see how he does in the upcoming DPL and the upcoming A team tour. No doubt he's a genuine talent and agree with Sohel bhai. He seems like a Shakib/Nasir type player.
Old May 14, 2013, 01:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

NAdim er patano putro Shabbir is a very good option for T20s, specially if he is used as a lower order batsman who will come & score a 10 ball 22+ towards the end of an innings.
Don't know how much of a proper batsman he is but for T20s I'll pick him instead of Momin or even Ryad.
Old May 14, 2013, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
well none of those guys since shabbir should probably bat at #7 and maybe, maybe open in t20s and none of the guys you mention are openers or #7s or even suited to t20 cricket (possibly zia but only as a bowler so void in this regard). could try guys like shuvagata or soumya at #7, soumya could even open. my point is the #7 has a certain role, now if players are selected for specific roles (and they should be), then those players should at least play in the style necessary for said role. you don't put a mominul down at #7 because he just needs to many balls to get going, plus he's generally not suited to the shorter formats at current so it would be silly to select him for the #7 role or the team if we're talking specifically mominul.

the reason zia doesn't work in the lower order is because he's a blind slogger whose technique doesn't hold up against international quality bowling, so for a #7 in t20s and ODIs you certainly need someone who can genuinely bat, someone who is capable of being moved up the order ideally. let's face it we don't really have any hadlee's or wasim's, ATG bowlers who can play some crucial swashbuckling innings, mash is our closest in that regard, even an afridi type player would probably be good enough at #7.
I really don't understand why you always bring Shuvogotom Hom's name up in your discussion I really can't! I hardly see anyone talk about him except you.. please let us know if you are his uncle or close friend! I mean have you watched Shuvo in BPL? I really don't understand how you can be so in love with Hom! But yeah. It seems like all your post are like promoting Shovoto Hom! U make a good PR, no offense.
Old May 14, 2013, 04:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Ok... bring him in only if you have the patience to stick with him for couple of years.
Old May 14, 2013, 05:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by King13
I really don't understand why you always bring Shuvogotom Hom's name up in your discussion I really can't! I hardly see anyone talk about him except you.. please let us know if you are his uncle or close friend! I mean have you watched Shuvo in BPL? I really don't understand how you can be so in love with Hom! But yeah. It seems like all your post are like promoting Shovoto Hom! U make a good PR, no offense.
first it's not every post, i talk about him in threads that discuss selection because i believe he derserves more chances in the national team, i talk about a lot of prospects not just shuvagata. no i'm not related, i'm an aussie living in australia. look at his FC record, pretty decent, his list A stats and t20 stats for sure are not impressive but what he showed in his 3 ODI innings i was impressed by, then he got dropped for no reason and hasn't been selected since. the selectors keep bringing in more players, why not give someone who showed some decent ability that hasn't been given enough chances yet?

as far as your PR comment, thanks actually, we talk about the players we believe should be given chances and are good prospects, i think it's a good thing that his name is out there and people know/think about him because as i said i think he deserves a few more chances, probably anyone on this forum who likes a player and thinks they deserve a chacne will talk about them and be hopeful that others will start to talk about them.

but i really don't see what your deal is. shuvagata imo is relevant in these discussions due to his FC record and what he showed during his ODI performances. i often talk about soumya, taskin, babu, the kamrul's, before sajidul returend i talked about him as well and when we are talking about future players i talk about tasamul and asif, i've oftened talked about shabbir. so it's not just shuvagata i bring up, and i don't talk about him in every post.
Old May 14, 2013, 07:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by King13
And what makes you so bothered by it? Gowza is a very knowledgeable fan and is one of the biggest well wishers of our team. He knows more stuff then most of the posters here. He talks about all the up and coming prospects of BD with great knowledge.

It's very immature for you to say if he related to Hom or not also. There are other posters that are big fans of players. Is there a rule that people can't be big fans of certain players?
Old May 21, 2013, 08:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Some wildcards also inculde Muktar Ali, Nurul, Soumya, Babu

Last edited by BD_TigerZ; May 22, 2013 at 01:32 AM..
Old May 21, 2013, 08:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Furthermore to what Sohel already said, Sabbir is the most complete BD cricketer I have ever seen. I am only going by his BPL performances. The way he build partnerships with Brad Hodge and rotated strikes and given the strikes back to Hodge when he was dominating bowlers it was quite unprecedented from BD batters. The lad has the potential to be a worldclass batsman NOT a mindless pinch hitter!

He has a cricketing brain...
Old May 22, 2013, 03:58 AM
Banned

Defination: Pinch Hitter (Some here taking a different meaning to Pinch Hitting)

1. a substitute who bats for a teammate, often at a critical moment of the game.
2. any substitute for another, especially in an emergency.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pinch+hitter

1. Who has the balls of batting at a critical moment in Bangladesh except Nasir? None.
2. Surely we are in need of Shabbir (Emergency) seeing the likes of ZIA slogging blindly.

Let us apply the pinch hitting defination to the like of Perrarra etcs.. why are they called pinch hitters? and why can't a pinch hitter be a proper batsmen?