facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old March 26, 2005, 01:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default F1(Formula One) 2005 Thread

I just wanted to see how many of the members actually follow F1 racing, and what are your views about this season. We will talk about each and every Grand Prix, rule changes, drivers, teams, crashes, misses, qualifying, racing, overtaking- etc etc!
Please join me here if you're interested.

Old March 26, 2005, 01:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

I kind of follow F1 racing.....

SO far it seems Renault hav gone to a speedy start winning the first 2 races....

They will have to watch out for Ferrari though. Ferrari is going to intrduce there new 2005 car at Barhain.... This should help their racers get a better finish.
Old March 26, 2005, 02:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Yes, although i'm not too optimistic. I have been a Schumi fan since his days in Jordan. I'm looking forward to the F2005 package in Bahrain. But i didn't see much enthusiasm from either drivers, Barrichello is more optimistic than Schumi.
Renault have definitely improved on its reliability and with such a low budget they have produced a brilliant car.
I'm circumspect about Trulli's driving however, he seems to let go of the race and quickly lose interest but Toyota are putting huge sums of money onto the development of the car.
Also Karthikeyan looks promising.
Disappointed in Raikkonen's performance and I don't like Juan Pablo.
But lets see how the season progresses.
Any other comments?
Old March 26, 2005, 02:19 PM
Cricket Legend

I stopped watching F1 about three years ago. I think the last time I followed a whole season was when Hakkinen became the champion.

I like Schumacher as a driver, but back then I didn't like his ethics. He took part in bad tactics back then (this is before he joined Ferrari) and was almost thrown out of F1 in 1996 I think. I like clean drivers. Fortunately, Schumacher has gotten a fast car since then and doesn't need to practice bad tactics any more, or at least that's the impression I get from the news.

Edited on, March 26, 2005, 7:20 PM GMT, by Arnab.
Old March 26, 2005, 02:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Well yes, i agree with you that some of his tactics are borderline- but its all within the rules of the game. Because he was expoliting those loopholes- the FIAA has revised many of its driver's ethics and regulations.
He even apologised to Heidfeld at the beginning of the Malaysia race for ruining both their races- in front of all the drivers. That shows that he doesn't have an ego problem.
The competitive spirit is in all of us. But what counts is your achievment in the end. He achieved what very few ppl has achieved and he's a true workaholic and a generous person. He raised so much for the tsunami victims and even gave 10 million dollars from his personal income to the victims.
Old March 26, 2005, 03:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Well, my goal is not to bash the entire character Shumacher. And helping the tsunami victims and great achievements in racing don't necessarily wash away his bad tactics. George Bush also helped raise billions of dollars for the tsunami victims, I don't think that redeems him from killing all the Iraqi/Afghani civilians in two immoral invasions. Also, if all that matters in the end is what one "achieves", then Bush is probably one of the best American presidents, having won the national election the maximum number of times he was allowed to. See, I don't find this kind of "logic" very appealing.

To those who have followed Schumacher closely in the past and also don't like the kind of bad tactics he practiced, he will always be remembered as an ethically questionable charcater ON the field, at least in some parts of his career.

Edited on, March 26, 2005, 8:35 PM GMT, by Arnab.
Old March 26, 2005, 03:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Arnab- i didn't mean to offend you or your thoughts here. I wasn't even trying to defend Shumacher- but comparing him to GWB is a little too far-fetched in this case!
What i think is that we should talk more about F1 GrandPrix instead of basing this thread into an sentimental/opinionated war of words
So lets enjoy the rest of the season!
Old March 26, 2005, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
but comparing him to GWB is a little too far-fetched in this case!
You do realize that I didn't really compare Schumacher to GWB, bur rather used your own logic on GWB to show that I don't really find that kind of reasoning appealing. That's all. It's not about protraying Schumi as GWB, but about the "not-making-sense" part of your statements.

And I don't know why people think that I am offended all the time, just because I reply showing what I think is wrong in some comment.

Back to F1, I read that they heavily changed the rules and with them, Schumacher is apparently not so invincible any more. This could be an interesting season. May be I will start watching again. Sad thing is, I know next to nothing about the new drivers that have come out recently.

Edited on, March 26, 2005, 9:10 PM GMT, by Arnab.
Old March 26, 2005, 05:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

I actually like Barrichello these days more than Shumacher as he has had plenty of victories and have always played the underdog in the team.
I love Raikkonen's driving style and if he can get a good reliable car then can be a future champion.
I don't like Juan Pablo.
There are some really terrific/aggressive drivers in F1. Jenson Button, Jarno Trulli, Fernando Alonso, Ralf Shumacher (Michael's younger brother) and even Takuma Sato are really breathing down Schumacher's neck.
Old March 27, 2005, 01:22 PM
Cricket Legend

So who are your top 3 pick?
Old March 27, 2005, 01:28 PM
Cricket Legend

I think Micheal Schumacher will make a comeback and he will be in my top 3.

Other 2 would be Alonso and Raikkonen.

Not sure yet what order to put them. I have to see how Ferrari's new car performs.
Old March 27, 2005, 04:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

my top 3 pick for this season would be Alonso, Barrichello and Michael Schumacher. I don't think McLaren will perform as consistently as it used to. Williams doesn't have the firepower and they're also suffering for their poor aerodynamic's package. Toyota will be competitive but i don't their drivers will reach the top three. Fisichella is too defensive of a driver like Jean Alesi!
Old April 11, 2005, 06:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Renault are ripping it up and that's great to see. I personally think Fisichella is the most underrated driver in formula 1 and probably should have driven for Ferrari instead of Barrichello. But he's motivated and he's joined Renault in a hope to one day drive for Ferrari. But why would he want to change now that Renault's dominating.

I'm a Williams fan now and I think if Webber got a podium it would do the team a world of good. At the moment he's getting himself into a podium paying position and throwing it away. When he achieves it he will grow I think and stop choking.
Old April 11, 2005, 10:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Renault is definitely doing a lot better than what critics expected. Williams isn't doing as well as experts would hope- they are having problems with their aero package, not getting enough downforce on the car.
I was expecting a better performance by Mclaren and in the last race they perform really well.
Ferrari is definitely a disappointment, but i think they will pick up in the second half of the season.
About Fisichella- definitely he's underrated but he's also a very conservative driver and doesn't really push the car, on the other hand Alonso is just too crazy- i love his driving. I'm disappointed in Raikkonen because he actually started out really promising but doesn't seem to have his mind.
I'm also impressed about Toyota's rise in F1 in such a short span of time. They are investment a tremendous volume of money in their Racing Development.
Barrichello is definitely my hero this season although he's not having a good run of luck with the car but he's on of the hardest working driver i've seen in F1.
Old April 11, 2005, 03:49 PM
Cricket Legend

This has so far been Renault year. They are now Ferraris main rival if Ferrari can get back. If not then they Renault is the team to beat.

Edited on, April 12, 2005, 8:45 PM GMT, by aka.
Old April 11, 2005, 11:03 PM
Cricket Legend

go Mark Webber.
Old April 12, 2005, 07:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by aka
This has so far been Ranaults year. They are now Ferraris main rival if Ferrari can get back. If not then they Reanault is the team to beat.
Lol! you're getting further away! What's next? Reaault?
Quote:
Originally posted by bourny3
go mark webber.
Agreed

Edited on, April 12, 2005, 12:18 PM GMT, by Habibul_fan.
Old April 17, 2005, 09:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Narayan kartikayan is gonna win this year :P
Old April 17, 2005, 09:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Well the fourth race of the season is coming up on the 24th of April. It is being played San Marino.

My prediction is that:

Either Schumacher or Alonso will get first place, depending on pole position and whether Ferrari can get back on track.
As for third place I think it will be Montoya.
Old April 18, 2005, 08:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Montoya has an injury, shoulder injury to be more precise. I am not sure if you've got your facts striaght.
Kimi should also do well in this track. I'd rather have Alex Wurz race instead Pedro De La Rosa though.
Don't take Barrichello out of the picture my friend.
Old April 18, 2005, 03:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Oh Montoya was injured. I did not know that. Then instead of him its either Raikonnen or Barrichello.
Old April 24, 2005, 11:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Well the San Marino GP is done and Alonso is yet again the winner. He held of a surge from Schumacher, who finally seems to be driving better now. Schumacher went from 14th to second.

Raikonnen the pole winner retired after 8 races...

Here are the race results...

San Marino race result
1 Fernando Alonso (Renault) 1hr 27min 41.921secs
2 Michael Schumacher (Ferrari) 0.215secs
3 Jenson Button (BAR) 10.481
4 Alexander Wurz (McLaren) 27.554
5 Takuma Sato (BAR) 34.783
6 Jacques Villeneuve (Sauber) 1:04.442
7 Jarno Trulli (Toyota) 1:10.258
8 Ralf Schumacher (Toyota) 1:10.841
9 Nick Heidfeld (Williams) 1:11.282
10 Mark Webber (Williams) 1:23.297
11 Vitantonio Liuzzi (Red Bull) 1:23.764
12 Felipe Massa (Sauber) 1 lap
13 David Coulthard (Red Bull) 1 lap
14 Narain Karthikeyan (Jordan) 1 lap
15 Tiago Monteiro (Jordan) 2 laps
Old April 24, 2005, 08:59 PM
Cricket Legend

There was so much racing surrounding Schumacher and Webber that I didn't see the Jordan's at all. That's a good thing I guess. Was a very good race and Alonso is now leading the championship by 18 points. Renault would be in an awesome position if Fisichella could finish some races
Old April 24, 2005, 10:41 PM
Cricket Legend

well they are anyway with Alonso so far ahead.
Old May 8, 2005, 10:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Kimi Raikkonen produced a stunning drive to win the Spanish Grand Prix and deny championship leader Fernando Alonso a fourth straight victory.

1 K Raikkonen (McLaren)
2 F Alonso (Renault)
3 J Trulli (Toyota)
4 R Schumacher (Toyota)
5 G Fisichella (Renault)
6 M Webber (Williams)
7 J P Montoya (McLaren)
8 D Coulthard (Red Bull)

Michael Schumacher had qualified down in eighth as he chased a fifth straight win at the Barcelona circuit.

The seven-times world champion showed stunning pace at the end of his first stint to move up to fourth, and looked set for a podium place when Fisichella had to pit for repairs to his front wing.

But he was forced to pit himself with tyre problems on lap 44, and he had only just come back out when his left front tyre punctured.

Schumacher limped back round to the pits, but a broken front suspension signalled the end of his race.