facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 6, 2007, 09:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Hasina has 80 mln in her account

Just read it . Here is the link

http://www.financialexpress-bd.com/i...=59794&spcl=no

Old May 6, 2007, 09:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Chump cahnge, this means nothing. These people have hundrens of millions stashed away all over the world.
Old May 6, 2007, 09:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

It says that the trust fund has recieved 8 crore takas. It is different from Hasina's personal account.
Old May 6, 2007, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan
Just read it . Here is the link

http://www.financialexpress-bd.com/i...=59794&spcl=no
What an interesting way to paraphrase the gist of the news item vis a vis your title.
Old May 6, 2007, 11:13 PM
Cricket Legend

ANd I have got 160 million in my account

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old May 6, 2007, 11:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special 1
It says that the trust fund has recieved 8 crore takas. It is different from Hasina's personal account.
keeping trust fund money in a personal acount is even worse. it shows lack of commonsence and the mentallity of how they think of everything of their own. what is so difficult to open a seperate acount for a trust?
Old May 6, 2007, 11:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumon77
keeping trust fund money in a personal acount is even worse. it shows lack of commonsence and the mentallity of how they think of everything of their own. what is so difficult to open a seperate acount for a trust?
If it is not illegal i do not see a problem with it. I donno whether it is illegal or not.
Old May 6, 2007, 11:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special 1
If it is not illegal i do not see a problem with it. I donno whether it is illegal or not.
It is not illegal if proper accounts are kept. But - it is very stupid.
Old May 7, 2007, 12:00 AM

Well the trustee's can be sued for wrongdoing.... They are the ones supposed to be responsible for the money.

But more shockingly: What ever happened to Confidentiality in the Banks?? I would rather have ACC and NBR disclose this, than a leak or source in Agrani Bank. The source should ideally be Arrested and tried as per the Law.
Old May 7, 2007, 06:23 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

80 million??

Man..at first i thought we are talking US Dollars here..
bluh..

TK 80 Mill is like very very loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooose change for our ladies...
i bet they got shoes worth more than that...

I would be very very dissapointed if they have anything less than half a BILLION dollars (mind you not zimbabwean but US im talking) stashed somewhere in Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Switzerland or wherever else..

after all, wasnt it their only job during their reign?? i mean to loot our money..

well to be honest...half a billion (USD) seems a little amount too...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 7, 2007, 08:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
It is not illegal if proper accounts are kept. But - it is very stupid.
I think its illegal because non-profit and personal accounts are subject to different kinds of taxation.
Old May 7, 2007, 08:54 AM
Test Cricketer

80 million taka is in the trust for Hasina. That comes about 1.2 million USD. This is not a little amount of money for a lady from Bangladesh. This 1.2 million USD is just liquid asset(Cash). If you add the her property and business it may cross well beyond 100 million USD who knows. She may be the richest lady in Bangladesh. How much you got in you acoount.

[..edited..]. Trust money is Hasina's personal money [edited]. How much you got in your account. Probably this 80 mln taka has some that is stolen [edited].

Last edited by reverse_swing; May 7, 2007 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: mod.edit: Please try to refrain from personal attack. Thanks!
Old May 7, 2007, 08:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatekeeper
I think its illegal because non-profit and personal accounts are subject to different kinds of taxation.
Trust money is personal money set aside in a legal protective manner to save it from law suit. If you do not want your spouse or business partner to get any part of your money you can hide it legally behind trust. Trust money in untouchable in terms of legal action upto certain extent. It is not charity money. It is money that have to pay tax on and you can spend it to buy a Lexus, to play gambling in las Vegas or to Make yourself an amusement park if you want to.

Last edited by shujan; May 7, 2007 at 09:05 AM..
Old May 7, 2007, 09:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan
[Mod.edit - personal attack in quoted text removed]
Can we please stick to the original discussion please instead of personally attacking each other. Let the other people make up their own mind based on the logic presented by different members. If we think that our logic is so convinsing, then trust in your self.... why spoiling the forum by hitting below the belt and personallyb attacking another member?

I hope I haven't offended anyone by my advice.

Last edited by Zunaid; May 7, 2007 at 03:47 PM..
Old May 7, 2007, 09:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Can we please stick to the original discussion please instead of personally attacking each other. Let the other people make up their own mind based on the logic presented by different members. If we think that our logic is so convinsing, then trust in your self.... why spoiling the forum by hitting below the belt and personallyb attacking another member?

I hope I haven't offended anyone by my advice.

I dont know if you have offended anyone with your advice or not but you have definitely added more brownie points for yourself from Hasina. Not the first time I must say, so people should not be surprised with it.
Old May 7, 2007, 09:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
I dont know if you have offended anyone with your advice or not but you have definitely added more brownie points for yourself from Hasina. Not the first time I must say, so people should not be surprised with it.
.... Looks like I did someone then.
Old May 7, 2007, 09:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Can we please stick to the original discussion please instead of personally attacking each other.
yeah, we should not attack personally. but there are some members who are always one dimension (ignoring multi-dimensionality) to some group/people/organisation which sometime very frustrating.
Old May 7, 2007, 09:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
yeah, we should not attack personally. but there are some members who are always one dimension (ignoring multi-dimensionality) to some group/people/organisation which sometime very frustrating.
I understand your frustration. But what is the alternative then? Shut down the opponent (opinion) that you don't like with personal attack? Then why do we come and discuss any topic in the web? My point is please don't kill the messenger by personally attacking him/her, but try to kill the message with logic. If your logic is convinsing enough, then trust on people's judgement, they will agree with you.

For example, the thread started very well with Sujon, gatekeeper, Dr. Z, Special1 presentling from different angles before it went downward with personal attack by few and pretty much ensures that this fine topic goes to the gutter.
Old May 7, 2007, 10:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
I understand your frustration. But what is the alternative then? Shut down the opponent (opinion) that you don't like with personal attack? Then why do we come and discuss any topic in the web? My point is please don't kill the messenger by personally attacking him/her, but try to kill the message with logic. If your logic is convinsing enough, then trust on people's judgement, they will agree with you.

For example, the thread started very well with Sujon, gatekeeper, Dr. Z, Special1 presentling from different angles before it went downward with personal attack by few and pretty much ensures that this fine topic goes to the gutter.
I am completely agree with you. I don't support any personal attack. I am simply frustrated. I imagine if Hasina and Khaleda are here for discussion, they may accept some faults in leading their political lives (as a PM, Oppostion leader, Party Chief, etc.) but some members here in BC never gonna accept that.
Old May 7, 2007, 10:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Churi churi abar shina zuri..
Old May 7, 2007, 11:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

shujan,
You have accused me of lying. Could you please point out to me where I have lied.
Just because I am not bashing Hasina or Khaleda, it does not mean that I am being their Pah Chata Chamcha. If you cannot show either of the above two accusations you owe me an apology. That is what a gentleman would do.
Old May 7, 2007, 12:26 PM
Banned

Mmm...Hasina is back in the country where the BD govt can keep a close eye on her and her henchmen.

I wonder if she likes prison food.
Old May 7, 2007, 12:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAsif
I wonder if she likes prison food.
looks like lot of foods... its more than she can handle...

A rickshaw-van overloaded with food items for mass arrest victims makes way to Dhaka Central Jail gate yesterday. PHOTO: STAR
Old May 7, 2007, 12:50 PM
Banned

Joy: Mum how's prison?

HW (Hasina Wajid): This is a disgrace. I am the daughter of the founder and father of the nation and now I am in prison when instead I should be enjoying my hundreds and millions of money stolen from the people of Bangladesh.

Joy: I share your outrage...how is the prison food?

HW: I am surviving on a diet of baat, maach and dhaal. I am not getting the gourmet cuisine that I am accustomed to. I have lost a lot of weight due to my fears over being questioned in court and being imprisoned forever.

Joy: Don't worry...just add salt to everything and it will make the taste better. Shall I fed-ex some ketchup to you?

HW: Shut up you fool! This is not about salt but about my destiny as Bangladesh's greatest daughter.

Joy: Ermm..sorry. Mum are you getting enough vegetables in your diet. Eat your greens. I am not popeye, but please eat lots of spinach it is good for you. Shaag..mm, yum yum.

HW: You demented little retard of a son! This has nothing to do with the quality of the prison food (or the lack of it) but about the destiny of Shaikh Hasina Wajid the greatest female ever to have hailed from the bay of Bengal.

Old May 7, 2007, 12:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
.... Looks like I did someone then.

Ohh man you are so funny I forgot to laugh !! Look at you rolling on the floor !!! Glad I could make your sad life a bit more enjoyable.