facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 10, 2008, 04:49 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Arrow If You CARE.....

Warning!!!

Are Muslims eating pork?

For those who are very fond of different chocolate bars of reputed Bounty, Minstrels, Milky Way, Snickers, Twix, and Maltesers, think twice before you get any chocolate bar.

Rennet, a chemical sourced from the calves’ stomachs, is used in the production of whey. It is found in Bounty, Minstrels, and Milkyway products, and Ice cream versions of all Masterfoods’ bars. It is also be found in Snickers, Twix, and Maltesers.

Note for Muslims:

Rennet is usually extracted form pig stomach and also from Calves stomach. In western countries, goats and cows are slaughtered in non-Islamic way so their meat and all its extracts are non-permissible (haram) for Muslims to use in foods and drinks.

Are we eating Pork?
Dr. M Amjad Khan

The following report by a medical practitioner reveals that the extent to which pig fat might be unknowingly consumed by Muslims throughout the world.

One of my friends, Shaikh Sahib works in Pegal, France in the Department of Food. His work is to register all makes of the goods, foods, and medicines. Whenever any company is putting something in the market, its ingredients have to be approved by the Department of Food, France. As Sheikh Sahib works in the laboratory, he knows about the ingredients. Many of these ingredients contain scientific names, like E-904, E-141. At first, when Shaikh Sahib came across them, he was curious and he asked the Department Incharge, who was French, and he replied, “Just do your job, don’t ask questions.” This aroused suspicion in Shaikh Sahib’s mind and he started looking up for them in files. What he found was enough to astonish any Muslim in the world. In nearly all western countries including Europe, the primary choice for meat is pig. There are lots of farms in these countries to breed this animal. In France alone, the pig farms account for more than 42, 000. Pigs have the highest quantity of fat in their body than any other animal. But Europeans and Americans try to avoid fats. Thus where does the fat from these pigs go? All pigs are cut in slaughter houses under the control of the department of food to dispose of the fat removed from the pigs. Formally, it was burnt (it was about 60 years ago). Then they thought of utilizing it. First, they experimented in the making of soaps and it worked. Then a full network was formed and this fat was chemically processed, packed and marketed, while the other manufacturing companies bought it. In the meantime all European States made it rule that every Food, Medical and Personal Hygiene products should have their ingredients listed on its cover. So the ingredient was listed as pig fat. Those who are living in the Europe for past forty years know about this. But these products came under a ban by the Islamic countries at that time, which resulted in a trade deficit. Going back in time, if you are somehow related to South-East Asia, you might know about the provoking factors of the 1857 Civil War. At that time, rifle bullets were made in Europe and transported to the subcontinent through the sea. It took months to reach there and the gunpowder in it was ruined due to the exposure to sea. Then they got the ideas of coating the bullets with fat, which was pig fat. The fat layer had to be scratched by teeth before using them. When the word spread, the soldiers, mostly Muslims, and some vegetarians, refused to fight. This eventually led to the Civil War. The Europeans recognized this fact, and instead of writing ‘pig fat’, they started ‘writing animal fat’. All those living in Europe since 1970’s know this fact. When the companies were asked by the authorities in Muslim countries, what animal fat is it, they were told that it was cow and sheep fat. Here again a question arose, if it was a cow or sheep fat, still it is haram for Muslims, as these animals were not slaughtered as per Islamic law. Thus they were again banned. Now these multinational companies were again facing severe drought of money as 75% of their income came from selling their goods to Muslim countries. Finally they decided to start a coding language, so that only their Departments of Food Administration should know what they are using, and the common man is left lurking in the dark. Thus they started E-codes. These E-ingredients are present in a majority of products of multinational firms including, but not limited to – toothpaste, shaving cream, chewing gum, chocolate, sweets, biscuits, cornflakes, toffees, canned fruits, fruit tins, and some medications like multi-vitamins. Since these goods are being used in all Muslim countries indiscriminately, our society is facing problems like shamelessness, rudeness, and sexual proximity.

So I request all Muslims to check the ingredients of the items of daily use and match it with the following lists of E-codes. If any of the ingredients listed below is found, try to avoid it as it contains pig fat.

Both With E and Without E

120,140, 141, 160[a], 161
252, 300, 301
422, 430, 431, 433, 435, 436, 441, 470
471(*Animal Base),472[a], 472[b], 472[c],
472[d], 472[e], 473, 474, 475, 476,
477, 478, 481, 482, 483, 491, 492,
493, 494, 542, 570, 572, 631, 635, 920
(*471 Vegetable Base is said to be Halaal)

The following Emulsifiers – With or Without E are
Suspected - Mashbooh - مَشْبُوْه

E100, E110, E120, E153, E210, E213, E214
E216, E234, E256, E270, E280.
E325, E326, E327, E334, E335, E336, E337.
E432, E433, E434, E440, E470, E472, E495
E904.

It is the responsibility of each and every Muslim to follow the Islamic path and also keep his fellow followers informed of anything that he comes across. May Allah help us lead a halal life.

Important Definitions/FAQs:

1. Is rennet used in the making of cheese Halal?
Generally, the Halalness of a food product is determined by its ingredients (internal factor) and the process at which it is prepared, manufactured, stored and distributed (external factors).

In order for a product to be truly Halal, it must be free from any non-Halal ingredients. The food product should not, by any chance, come into contact (cross contamination) with any non-Halal items during the preparation, production, storage and distribution stages.
Rennet, is a type of enzyme which is used in the making of cheese. There are two different types of rennet, namely 'bovine rennet' and 'microbial rennet'. Bovine rennet is extracted from calves, hence rendered as Syubhah.

Should the rennet be extracted from a calf that is slaughtered in accordance with the Islamic requirements, then it is deemed as Halal. However, should the rennet be taken from calf not slaughtered according to Syariah, then the rennet is considered as non-Halal. Microbial rennet are generally Halal.

2. Why are some ingredients classified as Syubhah (doubtful)?

An ingredient is rendered as doubtful if one is unsure of its Halal status and origin.

Syubhah
Any food or drink which lies within the grey area and does not fall clearly under the Halal or non-Halal category is classified as ‘Syubhah’, alternatively called questionable or dubious.
One example of a Syubhah ingredient is lecithin. Lecithin can be derived from plants or animals. It is considered Halal if the lecithin comes from plants but non-Halal should it come from pigs or animals that are not slaughtered in accordance with the Islamic law.
Until the status becomes clear, Muslims should avoid consuming Syubhah food or drinks. The Prophet (pbuh) has given a guideline concerning Syubhah matters. It is reported by Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Daud, Ibn Majah and Darimi, as follow:
الْحَلاَلُ بَيِّنٌ، وَالْحَرَامُ بَيِّنٌ، وَبَيْنَهُمَا مُشْتَبِهَاتٌ، لاَ يَعْلَمُهَا كَثِيرٌ مِنَ النَّاسِ. فَمَنِ اتَّقَى الشُّبُهَاتِ اسْتَبْرَأَ لِدِينِهِ وَعِرْضِهِ. وَمَنْ وَقَعَ فِي الشُّبُهَاتِ وَقَعَ فِي الْحَرَامِ...
Which means: What is Halal is clear. And what is Haram is also clear. And in between those two is a dubious area in which many people do not know about. So whoever distanced himself from it, he has acquitted himself (from blame). And those who fall into it, he has fallen into a state of Haram.

3. What is emulsifier? Is it Halal?

Emulsifiers are additives that is widely used to stabilise mixtures and ensure consistency. Generally belong to the E400 code series (i.e. E400-E495), it can be derived from plants and/or animals. Depending on the source, emulsifiers can be categorised as Halal, non-Halal and Syubhah (doubtful).
a) Halal Emulsifiers
Derived from plants and/or Halal animals slaughtered in accordance with the Islamic Law
b) Non-Halal Emulsifiers
Derived from non-Halal animals and/or animals not slaughtered in accordance with the Islamic Law.
c) Doubtful Emulsifiers
It is not known whether the emulsifiers are derived from Halal sources (as in 1) or non-Halal sources (as in 2).

4. Is rice wine Halal?

Rice wine refers to a sweet, golden wine derived from fermenting freshly steamed glutinous rice. The most well-known Japanese rice wines are sake and mirin. Though most rice wines are low in alcohol, they are categorised alongside alcoholic beverages, hence unsuitable for Muslim consumption (non-Halal).

5. What is chocolate liquor?

Many perceive this as a type of alcoholic drink. However, chocolate liquor, also known as cocoa liquor, is actually the liquid component obtained by the grinding of cocoa nibs from the cocoa bean. It converts cocoa powder and cocoa butter as end products. It is a primary ingredient in chocolate manufacture

6. What are the conditions for Halal slaughtering?

There are 4 conditions for Halal slaughtering:
1) The slaughterer must be a Muslim
2) The blade must be very sharp
3) The Halal animal must be alive just before the slaughter
4) Both the animal’s windpipe and gullet (channel for food and drink) must be completely cut

7. ‘No Pork, No Lard’ - Does this claim mean that the food is Halal?
Food claims such as 'No Pork, No Lard' do not necessarily imply that the food is truly Halal. Halal food must not contain and/or come into direct contact with non-Halal items. Examples of these include alcohol, pork and meat deriving from sheep which are not slaughtered in accordance with the Islamic Law.
As Halal food goes beyond 'No Pork, No Lard', Muis advises Muslim consumers to exercise caution and discretion when patronising eating establishments which display/make such claims.

8. What is Kosher food? Can Muslims consume it?

Kosher food refers to food that is suitable for consumption by Jews. There are similarities and differences between Kosher and Halal food. For instance, vegetable is both Kosher and Halal.

Wine, however, is Kosher but not Halal. Muslims are advised to examine the ingredient listing of Kosher-certified food to ensure that they do not contain or have been cross-contaminated with non-Halal substances.

9. What is Vegetarian food? Can Muslims consume it?

Vegetarian food refers to food that does not contain meat, and sometimes other animal products (e.g. eggs, milk, etc). Individuals that adopt a vegetarian diet usually do so for moral, religious or health reasons.

In general, vegetarian food is suitable for Muslim consumption. However, one should ascertain that the food does not contain or has been cross-contaminated with non-Halal substances (e.g. alcohol).

Sources:
http://www.ummah.com/forum/archive/i...p/t-83128.html
http://www.websrilanka.com/The%20Har...ier%20Code.htm
http://redennedroses.multiply.com/jo...al_Halal_Haram

Old May 10, 2008, 06:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

thanks for the info for those who care.

personally, the headaches of trying to figure out what has pig in it and what doesn't is so great, that i really stopped caring. i'm not gonna eat sausage or pepperoni, but if the monodiglycerides in my ice cream come from a pig so be it.

here in the west, the pig is worshipped. you cannot sell bottled water without putting some swine derivative in it.

just look for the U, K, Pareve, or hebrew letter and bismillah bole khaan...thats what i do, right or wrong.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 11, 2008, 12:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Thanks mate.
But one year too late for me.

Those codes dont have much of a meaning here in Bangladesh.
But next time Im in supermarket, i'll try to remember.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 11, 2008, 04:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Thanks for the info Shardul. I think one thing that's important for us living in the west and other non-Muslim countries...it's probably next to impossible to consume everything that's halal. If you were to go check the ingredients for all the food that you regularly consume, you'll be astonished! You'll find that more than 75% of them have traces of pig fat or something haram. Then there's the issue of alcohol mixed with the flour that you consume, and what not. Although, the alcohol issue is a little disturbing to me, coz even if you consume one whole bosta of flour, you're guaranteed to not get drunk!

Anyway, I have a couple of questions.

1. In Burger King, they sell fish on Fridays. Many Muslims consume that thinking it's halal. However, the fish patty is fried in the oil where they fry bacon at times (I know this coz my aunt was a manager there). Since I heard that, I stopped eating the fish burger (it's actually yummy). But my concern is, does it really make that fish haram if it's fried in the oil where they fry bacon? Come to think of it, if this is not permissible, life will get extremely difficult in the west.

2. Donuts with lots of cream...we don't know what's the source of the cream or the flour. May be the cream has non-halal elements in it. Does it mean we should go the extra distance to find out what the source is?

I guess the answers to these questions are debatable, since its not mentioned so strictly in the Quran. I would still like to see everyone's arguments.
Old May 11, 2008, 04:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
1. In Burger King, they sell fish on Fridays. Many Muslims consume that thinking it's halal. However, the fish patty is fried in the oil where they fry bacon at times (I know this coz my aunt was a manager there). Since I heard that, I stopped eating the fish burger (it's actually yummy). But my concern is, does it really make that fish haram if it's fried in the oil where they fry bacon? Come to think of it, if this is not permissible, life will get extremely difficult in the west.
You can find the answer to this question if you read the FAQ 1 that I posted. It says:

Quote:
In order for a product to be truly Halal, it must be free from any non-Halal ingredients. The food product should not, by any chance, come into contact (cross contamination) with any non-Halal items during the preparation, production, storage and distribution stages.
Although the fish burgers are halal, frying them in the oil which they use to fry bacon simultaneously, makes the fish burgers haram.

Quote:
2. Donuts with lots of cream...we don't know what's the source of the cream or the flour. May be the cream has non-halal elements in it. Does it mean we should go the extra distance to find out what the source is?
A real Mumieen would do that.The precautionary measure would be not to eat those donuts until you completely know about the source of the cream or the flour.

Actually to me, differentiating between halal and haram in food is not a tough job. If you just think a bit, you yourself can determine if the food is halal, haram, or doubtful.

The challenging tasks are the following two:

01. Trying to find halal sources
02. Resisting your temptation of not to eat whatever you see infront of your eyes

Say for example, today in my university there was lunch. Food was brought from a five start hotel. All your friends are eating. In such sitation, you will find it hard to keep you away. Delicious smell, festive environment.......

Similarly challenging task is to avoid KitKat, Lion, Milky Bar, Twix, Bounty....

These are all like TESTs for the servants of Allah. We now live in an age where "holding onto your imman is much more difficult then to hold a burning piece of coal in your hand"

What is the test? Allah ordered Duniya to go to His servants. Then Allah orderd his servants to keep him away from the duniya. This clash is the test. Those who wins, will be rewarded. Those who loses, will be punshed.

And duniya is "bari, gari, nari, food, money......."

Oh Allah please help us to remain the right path
Old May 11, 2008, 04:46 PM
Banned

What Quran and Hadiths say about halal and haram food?

TRANSLATED VERSES OF THE QURAN

“O ye who believe! Eat of the good things wherewith We have provided you, and render thanks to Allah if it is (indeed) He whom ye worship” (2:172).
“He hath forbidden you only carrion, and blood, and swineflesh, and that which hath been immolated to (the name of) any other than Allah. But he who is driven by necessity, neither craving nor transgressing, it is no sin for him. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful” (2:173).

“O ye who believe! Fulfill your undertakings.The beast of cattle is made lawful unto you (for food) except that which is announced unto you (herein), game being unlawful when ye are on pilgrimage. Lo! Allah ordaineth that which pleaseth Him” (5:1)

“Forbidden unto you (for food) are carrion and blood and swine-flesh, and that which hath been dedicated unto any other than Allah, and the strangled, and the dead through beating, and the dead through falling from a height, and that which hath been killed by (the goring of) horns, and the devoured of wild beasts, saving that which ye make lawful (by the death-stroke), and that which hath been immolated unto idols.

And (forbidden is it) that ye swear by the divining arrows. This is an abomination. This day are those who disbelieve in despair of (ever harming) your religion; so fear them not, fear Me! This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you and have chosen for you as religion Al-Islam. Whoso is forced by hunger, not by will, to sin: (for him) lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful” (5:3)

“They ask thee (O Muhammad) what is made lawful for them. Say: (all) good things are made lawful for you. And those beasts and birds of prey which ye have trained as hounds are trained, ye teach them that which Allah taught you; so eat of that which they catch for you and mention Allah’s name upon it, and observe your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is swift to take account” (5:4)

“This day are (all) good things made lawful for you. The food of those who have received the Scripture is lawful for you, and your food is lawful for them. And so are the virtuous women of the believers and the virtuous women of those who received the Scripture before you (lawful for you) when ye give them their marriage portions and liven with them in honour, not in fornication, nor taking them as secret concubines. Whoso denieth the faith, his work is vain and he will be among the losers in the Hereafter” (5:5).

“And eat not of that whereon Allah’s name hath not been mentioned, for lo! it is abomination. Lo! the devils do inspire their minions to dispute with you. But if ye obey them, ye will be in truth idolaters” (6:121).

FROM THE HADITH

On the authority of Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: The Messenger of Allah said: “Allah the Almighty is good and accepts only that which is good. Allah has commanded the Faithful to do that which He commanded the Messengers, and the Almighty has said: “O ye Messengers! Eat of the good things, and do right..” (Quran 23:51). And Allah the Almighty has said: “O ye who believe! Eat of the good things wherewith We have provided you..” (2:172). Then he mentioned [the case of] a man who, having journeyed far, is disheveled and dusty and who spreads out his hands to the sky [saying]: O Lord! O Lord!-while his food is unlawful, his drink is unlawful, his clothing unlawful, and he is nourished unlawfully, so how can he be answered!” (Muslim).

On the authority of Abu Ya’la Shahddad ibn Aus, the Messenger of Allah said: “Verily Allah has prescribed proficiency in all things. Thus, if you kill, kill well; and if you slaughter, slaughter well. Let each one of you sharpen his blade and let him spare suffering to the animal he slaughters” (Muslim).

In an incident narrated by Rafi’ bin Khadij, the Prophet told Muslims who wanted to slaughter some animals using reeds, “Use whatever causes blood to flow, and eat the animals if the Name of Allah has been mentioned on slaughtering them...” (Bukhari).

Narrated Abu Thalaba: Allah’s Messenger forbade the eating of the meat of beasts having fangs (Bukhari).

Narrated Ibn Umar: The Prophet cursed the one who did Muthla to an animal (i.e. cut its limbs or some other part of its body while it is still alive (Bukhari).
Old May 11, 2008, 05:11 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Rennet, a chemical sourced from the calves’ stomachs, is used in the production of whey. It is found in Bounty, Minstrels, and Milkyway products, and Ice cream versions of all Masterfoods’ bars. It is also be found in Snickers, Twix, and Maltesers.

Rennet is usually extracted form pig stomach and also from Calves stomach. In western countries, goats and cows are slaughtered in non-Islamic way so their meat and all its extracts are non-permissible (haram) for Muslims to use in foods and drinks.
To best of my knowledge, genetically engineered rennet is gradually replacing calf rennet in cheese, milk products and chocolate industries of western world. Rennet from pig stomach is unsuitable for use in milk products and is only used for certain quality control purposes. Rennet from the calves is the only major source outside the genetically engineered source.
Old May 11, 2008, 06:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

oh no, not the Snickers
Old May 11, 2008, 06:37 PM
Cricket Sage

n wat abt all those pplz who give advice..."bismillah bole khele sob kichu halal hoi jai"..i heard a huzur at Atlantic city masjid say that...
Old May 12, 2008, 06:50 AM
Forever Bangy

6. What are the conditions for Halal slaughtering?

There are 4 conditions for Halal slaughtering:
1) The slaughterer must be a Muslim
2) The blade must be very sharp
3) The Halal animal must be alive just before the slaughter
4) Both the animal’s windpipe and gullet (channel for food and drink) must be completely cut

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't there some kind of dua that needs to be said? Has anyone heard that they just play a tape of the dua at the slaughterhouses, and that's how the meat comes to be halal?

Also, listened to an interview with a guy from PETA - and he mentioned how animals at halal-certified abatoirs are treated quite cruelly, similar to any non-halal place. So what's the point of consuming halal food when the animals are treated like crap anyway? What's the basis of halal certification?

Personally, I like the meat that I cook to be halal but that doesn't stop me from eating KFC. Bit of a contradiction, but having grown up seeing my parents go fairly out of their way to obtain halal meat, I guess it's kind of drilled in. Can't imagine ever eating pork but i'm not religious at all really.
Old May 12, 2008, 08:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Those who don't have Halal (legal) income, anything the eat is Haram (illegal). - Fatwa by me.
Old May 12, 2008, 08:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Those who don't have Halal (legal) income, anything the eat is Haram (illegal). - Fatwa by me.
Old May 12, 2008, 08:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Although the fish burgers are halal, frying them in the oil which they use to fry bacon simultaneously, makes the fish burgers haram.
Fair enough.

Another question. Okay, since it's haram, I won't eat it. I'll go to a Subway, and order a veggie sub. Now, assuming that the person preparing my sub is wearing a pair of gloves, I can ask him/her to change it (btw, Subway's policy is that they should change it every time they serve a new customer). To keep things even cleaner, I ask them to not put the sub on the counter...but to keep it on the paper right from the beginning. Then you go pay at the cash, while someone goes ahead and cuts the sub in two, to make it easier for you.

In all these 3/4 steps, there's at least ONE step where it could go wrong. Specailly, when it comes to using the gloves (using which the person preparedt he previous Sub), or when it comes to cutting the sub with the knive that they've cut a non-halal meat sub.

Then I walk out, and I look around the restaurant. I find a coffee store, an ice cream store, and a few more restaurants like Burger King, McDonalds, etc. In each one of them, it's guaranteed that you won't find anything that didn't come in contact with non-halal materials.

Then you hop on to your car, and drive for 2 hours...to go home and prepare the food that you think is halal. Coz the meat you bought, was from a slaughterhouse that holds a halal certificate. And believe it or not, in North America, they have the tape running with the duwa for slaughtering. Then, in goes the animal, out comes the burger patty and the meat that we buy from the grocery.

So...there's possibility that we cannot consume halal even at home. Because the procedure in most of these slaughterhouses isn't strictly "halal".

That means, when we're living in a country where there's the possibility of not having meals that are "halal" enough, we shouldn't eat anything. We should try to be a real Mumineen (as you described below).

Quote:
A real Mumieen would do that.The precautionary measure would be not to eat those donuts until you completely know about the source of the cream or the flour.
I understand that, but what a real Mumineen won't do is live without food at all...coz there's a trace of non-halal elements in any food that you consume in north america.

Quote:
Actually to me, differentiating between halal and haram in food is not a tough job. If you just think a bit, you yourself can determine if the food is halal, haram, or doubtful.

02. Resisting your temptation of not to eat whatever you see infront of your eyes
I never thought differentiating b/w halal and haram was difficult. Shardul, you're really surprising me with your comments. What I wanted to know, which I didn't mention too clearly in my last post, was simple - if you know that even in halal-sources you find non-halal traces, and that's in virtually all kinds of food that you consume here...what should you do?

Quote:
Say for example, today in my university there was lunch. Food was brought from a five start hotel. All your friends are eating. In such sitation, you will find it hard to keep you away. Delicious smell, festive environment.......

Similarly challenging task is to avoid KitKat, Lion, Milky Bar, Twix, Bounty....
Again, cannot agree there. For most of us, in such events...it'll look like IDIOTS standing around and not having anything. At the minimum, I would look for the veggie or fish items. Now, when it comes to identifying what's the source of that fish and how it's made, do you think even the sponsor of the program would know that? If there's nothing in there, and I have no other alternatives, I would certainly go for the chicken first (if there's any). If there's none, and there's only pork, I probably will just have ruti with the tea/coffee (again, like an idiot...it's pretty rude to do that actually).

Quote:
These are all like TESTs for the servants of Allah. We now live in an age where "holding onto your imman is much more difficult then to hold a burning piece of coal in your hand"
The quoted line is quite wrong. I'm not a big fan of poetic lines when it comes to serious discussion. The central point to this line is that, none of us are able to hold on to our imaan.
Old May 12, 2008, 08:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Deshe notun niyom hoise je fotowabajder ke dhoray diley 500 taka puroshkar deya hoy.

Apnar address ta ki bolen to Mijan bhai?
Old May 12, 2008, 10:09 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

khaise..... eto shob joteeel formula to aage suni nai

amar to khobor ase ... ihokal porokal duitaai borbaad hoia gese
Old May 12, 2008, 10:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona

Also, listened to an interview with a guy from PETA - and he mentioned how animals at halal-certified abatoirs are treated quite cruelly, similar to any non-halal place. So what's the point of consuming halal food when the animals are treated like crap anyway? What's the basis of halal certification?
then the meat isn't halal. the animal must be in perfect health in order to qualify as zabiha. it is incumbent upon the halal butchers that the animals aren't mistreated in any way shape or form.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 12, 2008, 10:43 AM
Cricket Sage

If you care...

Is it Halal to eat

- Formalin injected Fish?
- Dead (from desease) chicken Roast?
- Chemical injected fruits?
- Dead (from water pollusion) fried fish
- Piaju fried in mobil oil?

Are you sure that the animal is slaughtered right Hahal way in Bangladeshi Restaurants or even in Middle Eastern Resturaunts ? Think once before going to restaurants.
Are you sure that your friend and family are slaughtering the animal right Hahal way? Think twice before accepting dinner invitation from friends and family.

Or more close to home, are you sure that in your own home, animal is slaughtered right Hahal way (either by the servant or from the store where you buy the meat) ? Think three times before eat food at home.

So what you do? To be 100% sure, I suggest....
1) Only eat meat if you slauther the animal by your self or you witness it so that who can be sure that it is slaughtered in perfect Halal Manner.
2) Don't drink any juice or drink made outside of your control. Drink only water or make you own drink. But make sure that no pig drank any water from that same "source stream" from where your are is comming. Plus make sure that no not halal cemical contaminated your water source.
3) Don't eat frozen vegetables or buy it from market, because you don't know hoe it may have exposed to non halal elements. grow your own and eat. Make sure when you buy organic 'composite soil' its not using pig's sh*t as the raw material.

but if you don't care....

then please ignore my comments.
Old May 12, 2008, 11:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

If you care, come to my way, be a vegetarian. Though the ends might be different, we all will be saved, even the animals, our fellow earthlings. Besides, it is advisable to adopt siratul mustaqim (straight/simple path). Given all the complicated options/debates, vegetarianism seems to be the best siratul mustaqim.
Old May 12, 2008, 11:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Deshe notun niyom hoise je fotowabajder ke dhoray diley 500 taka puroshkar deya hoy.

Apnar address ta ki bolen to Mijan bhai?
I will practically explain to you what crossfire is (I have another fatwa for that too). You will participate in a co-ordinate effort with a condition. Life insurance'er beneficiarytey amar nam likhatey hobey. The address is:

4 wood brook ct. LR, AR 72211.
Old May 12, 2008, 11:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

4 wood brook ct. LR, AR 72211.
We cannot show his house (for privacy reason) but here is T E's backyard...

Old May 12, 2008, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:

What is the test? Allah ordered Duniya to go to His servants. Then Allah orderd his servants to keep him away from the duniya. This clash is the test. Those who wins, will be rewarded. Those who loses, will be punshed.

And duniya is "bari, gari, nari, food, money......."

Oh Allah please help us to remain the right path
Kabir bhai, these were like self-talking (nije nije kotha bola). By any means it was not directed towards you.

Quote:
The quoted line is quite wrong. I'm not a big fan of poetic lines when it comes to serious discussion. The central point to this line is that, none of us are able to hold on to our imaan.
Kabir bhai, the quoted line is a hadeeth.

The phrase 'Holding onto imaan is like holding on to a burning coal' came from one of the Haadiths of our Holy Prophet Muhammad (SM). He said, "There will be an era arrive, when holding onto imaan will be like holding a burning coal in hand". For clarification, kindly go through the following explanation.

Quote:
Source: http://www.imanway.com/en/showthread.php?t=324

Holding onto a Burning Coal

Day by day, year by year, as we hurtle closer to the Final Day - Yawmul-Qiyamah, the conditions in the world continue to deteriorate, as per the predictions of Sayyidina Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). Fitnahs are increasing at a frightening rate, evil is proliferating swiftly and dark, ominous clouds are enveloping the horizons. In such times, holding onto one's Imaan will become a tough ordeal - the equivalent of holding onto a burning coal - as it is described in the Hadith. The analogy of the burning coal appropriately captures the agony of the people of Imaan. The coal cannot be dropped for that would mean the forsaking of Imaan, yet holding onto it is no easy task, for it requires the maximum in patience, sacrifice and perseverance, just to hold on. May Allah make it easy for all Believers.

THICK VEIL OF SUSPICION

Besides the general fitnahs of immorality and vice that prevail, a thick veil of suspicion has been cast around Islam as an evil, extreme and destructive ideology. The sincere followers and servants of Islam, committed and faithful Muslims, are portrayed as the scourge of humanity. All kinds of disparaging epithets and labels are hurled at them. In many parts of the world, it goes far beyond labelling and calling names. They are considered fair game. Every means is considered legitimate against them. The all-pervading media is used as a dangerous tool against them. Every provocative headline, every damaging media report, serves to stoke up and fuel the raging inferno of Islamophobia. And the global Muslim community inevitably is the universal victim of this craze.

THE MAKKAN PERIOD

What is to be done in these trying times? The early history of Muslims at Makkah is a source of great consolation and inspiration for persecuted Muslims. The early Muslim community, living in the Makkan crucible, was relentlessly persecuted. But this only hardened their resolve to cling more firmly to their new found ideology - Islam - which was an unparalleled blessing after the miserable and dark days of Jahiliyyah. Nothing in the world was dearer to them than the blessing of this new faith, not even their own lives. The contemporary Muslim community has valuable lessons to learn from them in these difficult days. The guiding principle for the Makkan Muslims was Sabr at every step of the torment, for “Verily Allah is close to the patient ones.” These are the times that call for patience and steadfastness. Allah Ta'ala shall bring relief in due course, as He had done for the Believers of Makkah, and other persecuted folk.

As was the charter of the Makkan believers, Muslims must work towards developing their personalities and morals, thereby acting as true ambassadors of noble Islamic values. Beautiful Islamic conduct and character must be displayed towards all of mankind.

THE WAY AHEAD

In the difficult days that prevail, the way ahead lies in turning to Allah Ta'ala for help and succour, through obedience, submission and resignation to His will. Allah never disappoints those who have hope in Him, never refuses those who ask of Him, never ignores those who quest for Him, never underpays those who work for Him, never deprives those who thank Him, never fails those who strive for Him, never allows those whose comfort is in His remembrance to be estranged from Him, never surrenders to others those who surrender to Him, never abandons those who depend on Him, and never forsakes those who trust and commit themselves to Him.

This is a time for increasing in righteous A'amaal and returning to basic Islamic teachings, because A'amaal alone shall determine our present and future destiny. Conditions are created by Allah Ta'ala, based on A'amaal. Part of the process is to shun all evil deeds, and to kick aside a corrupt lifestyle. Some of the powerful A'amaal that have always brought excellent results are Salaah, Dua, Sadaqah (charity), abundant Istighfaar and Salawaat (Durood).

Now is the time for transforming the home into a spiritual powerhouse, through: Tarbiyyah, inculcation of piety and values; Ta'leem, learning and teaching; Zikrullah; Islamic Aadaab, etiquette and Sunnah practices; and Ibaadah, by all members in the household.

May Allah be our Helper and the Protector of our greatest wealth - our priceless Imaan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
If you care...
Mamu, I sincerely care

Quote:
Is it Halal to eat

- Formalin injected Fish? Don't know
- Dead (from desease) chicken Roast? NO
- Chemical injected fruits? Don't know
- Dead (from water pollusion) fried fish Probably Yes, but not sure
- Piaju fried in mobil oil? Don't know
Quote:
Are you sure that the animal is slaughtered right Hahal way in Bangladeshi Restaurants or even in Middle Eastern Resturaunts ? Think once before going to restaurants.
Good Point. The meat used in Middle East or in BD restaurents are doubtful. That means food of any restaurents should be avoided.

Quote:
Are you sure that your friend and family are slaughtering the animal right Hahal way? Think twice before accepting dinner invitation from friends and family.
Another good point. Anyone should think twice.

Quote:
Or more close to home, are you sure that in your own home, animal is slaughtered right Hahal way (either by the servant or from the store where you buy the meat) ? Think three times before eat food at home.
In Qatar, there are outlets where you can order men working there to slaughter chicken for you. They will slaughter chicken infront of you. These chickens are known as "Zinda Murgi (it sounds quite funny). The price of a Zinda Murgi is twice the price of a frozen chicken.

Quote:
So what you do? To be 100% sure, I suggest....
1) Only eat meat if you slauther the animal by your self or you witness it so that who can be sure that it is slaughtered in perfect Halal Manner.
Allah bless Mamu

Quote:
3) Don't eat frozen vegetables or buy it from market, because you don't know hoe it may have exposed to non halal elements. grow your own and eat.
If you are suspicious about frozen vegetable, simply buy "taja shak-shobji".

Quote:
Make sure when you buy organic 'composite soil' its not using pig's sh*t as the raw material.

[QUOTE]2) Don't drink any juice or drink made outside of your control. Drink only water or make you own drink. But make sure that no pig drank any water from that same "source stream" from where your are is comming. Plus make sure that no not halal cemical contaminated your water source.

Didn't like it. It seemed to me that sarcasm crossed the boundary. May be my sarcasm sense is poor