facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 5, 2014, 01:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
The strategy for tomorrow's game is simple! Someone in Bangladesh please take Sanga and Jaya out for clubbing. Get them hammered and hopefully they will throw their wickets away tomorrow due to a massive hangover!
... but but who will handle Perara... our captain and the players start crying hearing the name "Perara"

Old March 5, 2014, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
... but but who will handle Perara... our captain and the players start crying hearing the name "Perara"
Lol! We can request Shabnoor to show Perara a good time one which will hopefully not allow him much sleep!
Old March 5, 2014, 07:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

I felt like Mushfiq was smart enough to realize that Afridi's comming to the crease was inevitable and he was saving Shakib for Afridi. But what mushfiq didn't realize is what that man was capable of doing from previous game. And Afridi was expecting to face Shakib probably in his mind while he was waiting to come in. I think what Mushfiq should have done was to throw in Zia to surprise Afridi. Length and line should have had better chance of knocking out his wickets when all Afridi cared for was boundaries at that moment. Surely one of the balls would have gone for the stumps or the pad if the bowler was aggressive.
Old March 6, 2014, 09:30 AM
Cricket Sage

if auga moga soga fans like us can understand some of the obvious things, how come Musfiq wwho was trained professionally and playing at this level for so long cannot understand?

Is he iintellectually challenged?
Old March 6, 2014, 09:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Horrible captaincy, costing us match after match
Old March 6, 2014, 04:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

I can safely say that in the T20, we will probably get Afghanistan 8 wickets in 100 runs and still manage to lose from that
Old March 6, 2014, 05:11 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

So, what were the issues with strategy and tactics against SL today?
Old March 17, 2014, 04:56 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Against Afghanistan the pitch in Mirpur helped a great deal in making things easier. Normally our spinners are not big turners of the ball and yet they were extracting huge turn off the pitch and looked very threatening through the 20 overs.

I want the exact same pitch against Australia and West Indies. I think against the big hitting teams our spinners would be helpless if the pitch turns out to be flat. We will not be able to match the boundaries count with any of the other teams we play. I would rather have a spinning track and a low scoring contest where we have a genuine chance.

Against Pakistan the tactic will not work because they have quality spinners and could bundle us out for 100 if we bat first.
Against India I would want a flat track and back ourselves to chase down 180-190 against their bowling attack. If we bat first don't think we can defend any score against Kohli, Dhoni and co.
Old March 17, 2014, 07:05 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I know it does not fall under strategy, but we need to produce some big turners of the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Against Afghanistan the pitch in Mirpur helped a great deal in making things easier. Normally our spinners are not big turners of the ball and yet they were extracting huge turn off the pitch and looked very threatening through the 20 overs.

I want the exact same pitch against Australia and West Indies. I think against the big hitting teams our spinners would be helpless if the pitch turns out to be flat. We will not be able to match the boundaries count with any of the other teams we play. I would rather have a spinning track and a low scoring contest where we have a genuine chance.

Against Pakistan the tactic will not work because they have quality spinners and could bundle us out for 100 if we bat first.
Against India I would want a flat track and back ourselves to chase down 180-190 against their bowling attack. If we bat first don't think we can defend any score against Kohli, Dhoni and co.