facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 19, 2010, 10:19 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Bangladesh A team for FC matches against South Africa A

Bangladesh A Team for 4-day matches against South Africa A

The South Africa A Team arrives in Dhaka tomorrow (Tuesday, 20 April) morning to play two four day matches and a tri-nation one-day series also including Bangladesh A and West Indies A. Following is the Bangladesh A squad for the two 4-day matches:

Zunaed Siddique (Captain), Shamsur Rahman (Vice Captain), Shahriar Nafees Ahmed, Mehrab Hossain Jr., Forhad Hossain, Faysal Hossain, Roqibul Hasan, Nazim Uddin, Sahagir Hossain (WK.), Enamul Haque Jr., Nur Hossain, Kazi Shahadat Hossain, Mahbubul Alam, Sk. Robiul Islam
STAND BY:
Talha Zubaer, Marshal Ayub, Nabil Samad Chowdhury, Nazmul Hossain

Media & Communications Department BCB

Last edited by Miraz; April 19, 2010 at 10:28 AM..
Old April 19, 2010, 10:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Zunaed captain?? has he ever captained in his life? I would have gone for mehrab jr.
Old April 20, 2010, 02:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Zunaed captain?? has he ever captained in his life? I would have gone for mehrab jr.
Big Z should not given the load of captaincy. Rather he should only play as a batsman.
Bad planning.
Old April 19, 2010, 10:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Talha Should have been in the main squad instead of Robiul

Marshall should have been in the main squad instead of Nazimuddin and Faisal.

Last edited by Tormuz; April 19, 2010 at 10:59 AM..
Old April 19, 2010, 10:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

This means Alok is going to West Indies.
Old April 19, 2010, 03:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
This means Alok is going to West Indies.
Is it?Or is he going to nowhere?I expected him in the team.Really i am surprised no Kapali !!!I have doubt about his inclusion for westindies.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 19, 2010, 10:45 AM
Cricket Guru

What has Mehrab done recently? Shamsur Rahman in FC?

And Dhiman >>> Sahagir

This is a big jump for Nur Hossain. He has played one FC match and averages 108 with the ball. I have seen him bowl and he impressed me. He is a genuine legspinner who can turn the ball. But is he really better than Mosharraf Hossain, Elias Sunny, Saqlain Shajib?
Old April 19, 2010, 10:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

And Dhiman >>> Sahagir

This is a big jump for Nur Hossain. He has played one FC match and averages 108 with the ball. I have seen him bowl and he impressed me. He is a genuine legspinner who can turn the ball. But is he really better than Mosharraf Hossain, Elias Sunny, Saqlain Shajib?
Nur hussain adds variation to the team which we despretly need even on the Nt team. We have plenty of SLA but honestly none of them are as good as shakib/rafiq and old razzak. So i would say its a good idea to try out LS/OS who are talented unlike bunch of SLA who have no variation whatsoever.

Plus Nur is the best LS in the country atm even better than Alok and Sabbir. Beside his WRONGUN delivery is just class. If you see it from closely like i did you will be amazed.
Old April 19, 2010, 10:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:

And Dhiman >>> Sahagir

The thing is Nur is a legspinner while the other players you listed there are SLA's..so you cant really compare them just because their spinners..we already have enough SLA's on the team and we need some more variation..so I think thats the reason as to why Nur is selected ahead of them..ya having mehrab on the team is a little suspect..i think hes a good test prospect but last season he didnt do that great..think its good 2 have him in though..its not good 2 just throw away young players after theyve already played some international cricket..Shamsur Rahman is also a good prospect and is pretty close 2 making the team..this is a very crucial series 4 him..and I wouldve selected dhiman over pavel as well so that came as a big surprise but I dont mind this team honestly..think this is a very strong team
Old April 19, 2010, 10:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

thanks miraz bhai..really appreciate the good work..

I don't know why Zunaed was made the captain though..wouldv'e gone with SN as captain..think its a good idea 2 also test Roqibul in the 4 day matches as hes not quite ready 4 test cricket yet..hes definitely going 2 be a future star in tests and its good 2 have him seasoned up against more then decent competition..Looks like Nur Hossain is impressing the selectors..hes already been included in the A team despite being only 18..think hes a future star in the making..eager 2 see how Farhad Hossain and Mehrab does..want 2 also see if SN's technique has gotten better and plays well against a good SA pace attack..overall it should be a good test 4 the boys..
Old April 19, 2010, 10:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i can disagree in many places with this squad...altho i can understand what BCB is thinking.

SN, mehrab got placed due to seniority and as a "last chance of sorts". shahadat since he's badly out of form, enam hasn't really gotten the chances he deserves either - i will be looking for these two to pick wickets.

dickens and nazimuddin are the completely idiotic selections, and hopefully the selectors will realize they belong in the domestic cricket rubbish bin along with tushar and rokon. out of the stand bys, talha deserved a spot in the main squad. hope he gets it against WI to show his stuff. we could use an experienced and hopefully [now] accurate medium pacer.

the two guys i would have liked to see are either of saqlain sajib and/or shuvo, with preference given to the former.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 19, 2010, 12:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
But is he really better than Mosharraf Hossain, Elias Sunny, Saqlain Shajib?
Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
the two guys i would have liked to see are either of saqlain sajib and/or shuvo, with preference given to the former.
shuvo is with national team and sajib in the academy team.
Old April 19, 2010, 11:04 AM
Cricket Guru

I am not saying Nur is a bad bowler. I think he is a great prospect and I have seen him bowl for the U19s. However I think it would have been more appropriate to select him for the Academy instead of the A team especially as he has played only one FC match and was mediocre in that match. Shajib and Nur should be swapped around. But anyways this is my XI:
Zunaed Siddique*
Farhad Hossain
Nazimuddin
Rokibul Hasan
Shahriar Nafees
Faisal Hossain
Sahagir Hossain+
Shahadat Hossain
Mahbubul Alam
Enamul Haque
Nur Hossain/Robiul Islam
Old April 19, 2010, 11:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Since the selectors already chose Enamul, there is no point choosing another SLA in the squad, thus comes Nur Hussain. If anyone wants Saqlain, he should've come in place of Enamul. I kinda like the team selection this time. Finally, they rewarded Nazim and Foysal for their consistent runs in the domestic circuit. They deserved atleast a A team callup which they got now. If they can't perform now, they will be gone from the equation.
Old April 19, 2010, 01:02 PM
Cricket Savant

what i like about the selection is it conssits some performers from NCl like, farhad hossain, robiul islam, shaghir hossain and also lots of players who were in and out of the national squad but played very little or did not get enough chances to prove themselves or short of matches.

also u have to remember some of our young talents are playing in the academy team.

also some of these players could be england bound as there is certainly two three places as batsman up fro grabs for the england test squad. so if they perform in these games there could be rewards.

finally alok has shown decent form in t20 but not in the FC matches. so may be he will be selected when the A team ODI's will be played.

also, enamul, junaid, may be shahadat and mahbubul will be england bound. then we will have the chance to play some others players and may be drop some non performers when we will have the FC matches agaisnt WI after the odi tri-series.
Old April 19, 2010, 01:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

I like the team selection. Although I doubt Faisal Hossain or Nazimuddin can make it in the international scene, I think they deserve at least an A team call up based on domestic performance...

I would have expected Nazmul to be in the side, but I guess theyre ready to move on with newer and better prospects. And of course, I've already voiced my displeasure of Shuvagoto and Nasir Hossain being in the Academy side. They both deserve to be here as well...
Old April 19, 2010, 01:32 PM
Cricket Savant

for me faisal with the age he has, has nothing to offer for BD anymore. only thing he does to the A team is give some strength and stabilty.

nazimuddin still younger and though he is aggressive and strokemaker actually is more successful in Fc matches. i have seen him blocking good balls and giving full punishment to bad balls. but in ODI or t20 he tries to generate shots off good balls and thus get out. anyway i think nazimuddin still can rectify his problems and has something to offer for BD
Old April 19, 2010, 02:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

I think we are missing a few more 'Hossain's on this team
Old April 19, 2010, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Hmmm... 7 h[o/u]ssains in the team. They might as well get another 3 make it a Hossain 11.

Huzza!
Old April 19, 2010, 04:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Hmmm... 7 h[o/u]ssains in the team. They might as well get another 3 make it a Hossain 11.

Huzza!
Boss 7+3 =10

(Oh please dont ban me)
Old April 19, 2010, 04:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Boss 7+3 =10

(Oh please dont ban me)
Old April 19, 2010, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Boss 7+3 =10

(Oh please dont ban me)
:P

7 + 3 = 11 for large values of 3.
Old April 19, 2010, 04:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Even if u give the best team in the world, people won't be happy. I think this is the possible best team at this moment in any means.

Finally our selector chose two great team for academy and A team.

Dhiman and sahagir--- I think dhiman is an excellent keeper, havenot seen saghir, so can't comment.

I am very impressed with selection, it's a good selection

Old April 19, 2010, 05:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
Even if u give the best team in the world, people won't be happy. I think this is the possible best team at this moment in any means.

Finally our selector chose two great team for academy and A team.

Dhiman and sahagir--- I think dhiman is an excellent keeper, havenot seen saghir, so can't comment.

I am very impressed with selection, it's a good selection

Thats true and i agree with you,our selectors have given up two very good team.Both A team and Academy team are well selected.
Now i have a question why this selectors are failing to produce good selection fro national team?Why they selected Aftab for 2 tests,Razzaq for 2 tests?Its hard to believe.Is Siddons playing some wrong job there?

Old April 19, 2010, 05:31 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Thats true and i agree with you,our selectors have given up two very good team.Both A team and Academy team are well selected.
Now i have a question why this selectors are failing to produce good selection fro national team?Why they selected Aftab for 2 tests,Razzaq for 2 tests?Its hard to believe.Is Siddons playing some wrong job there?

N Ash for 200+ ODI n Test....