facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 6, 2013, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Default ICC Media Release: Mushfiqur Rahim: “ICC World Twenty20 2014 puts Bangladesh back on world stage”

ICC MEDIA RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Dhaka, 6 April 2013

Mushfiqur Rahim: “ICC World Twenty20 2014 puts Bangladesh back on world stage”
Sathira Jakir Jesy: “Bangladesh women’s team relish their historic appearance in ICC World Twenty20”

Bangladesh men’s captain Mushfiqur Rahim and former women’s vice-captain Sathira Jakir Jesy joined the ICC Vice President AHM Mustafa Kamal and Bangladesh Cricket Board president Nazmul Hasan to launch the ICC World Twenty20 2014 at the Sher-e Bangla Stadium in Mirpur today.

Exactly one year out from the final of the 2014 event, the two players could not contain their enthusiasm for the fifth edition of the ICC World Twenty20 which, for the first time, will feature 16 men’s teams alongside eight women’s teams.

Fresh from his man of the series performances for Bangladesh in Sri Lanka, Mushfiqur told the packed media conference: “The atmosphere around the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 (which Bangladesh co-hosted) was special but I am sure that the ICC World Twenty20 will generate even more excitement and passion among our supporters. This event pushes Bangladesh cricket back onto the world stage and I am sure our players will rise to the occasion.

“Playing as the host country in any event is a great honour and I think in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 and the Asia Cup 2012 we have shown that the Bangladesh team can raise their game and pull off some impressive victories. I am personally so excited and for me the ICC World Twenty20 cannot come soon enough.”

Jesy, who has missed the recent Bangladesh women’s tour to India, added: “Bangladesh was privileged to host the ICC Women’s World Cup qualifier and I think many of the opposition players were surprised at the size of the crowds which regularly topped 10,000 for the event. When we played Pakistan and Sri Lanka in a tri-series in recent years the stadium in Mirpur was packed-to-capacity. You cannot help but be inspired by such crowds.

“This will be the first time the Bangladesh women will play in the ICC World Twenty20 and I think we have shown in India, despite the fact that we lost 3-0, that the quality of our cricket is improving and will continue to do so over the next 12 months. I know that all the girls will relish the chance to play in this historic event for women’s cricket in Bangladesh.”

Bangladesh Cricket Board president Nazmul Hasan added that the excitement around Bangladesh is already building for the event.

He said: “The logo launch tonight has attracted a lot of attention around the country and, as in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011, we expect that ticket demands will come from every nook and cranny around the country. It may well be that we need to increase the capacity of some stadiums to try and meet the demand to be a part of this event.

“Preparations are well under way in Mirpur, Chittagong and Sylhet and work will begin shortly on the new stadium at Cox’s Bazar and I can promise you that we will deliver an event which cricket will be proud of and most of all will be a tournament in which the people of Bangladesh can take great pride.”

ICC Vice President AHM Mustafa Kamal added: “As a Bangladeshi, I am delighted that the ICC World Twenty20 is coming to my country for the first time. Bangladesh has a great record for delivering world-class events and I know that the ICC will work closely with my friends and former colleagues at the Bangladesh Cricket Board to make this event a success.”

The ICC World Twenty20 2014 will be played from 16 March to 6 April 2014 and is scheduled for four venues around Bangladesh. Later today the ICC World Twenty20 2014 logo will be released at a gala event held in Dhaka. The logo will capture the colour, energy and vibrancy of Bangladesh.

Old April 6, 2013, 07:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Nice, lets wait and see
Old April 6, 2013, 07:37 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Post the logo someone. I hope it's not fugly like the Sri Lankan WC one.
Old April 6, 2013, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Mushfiq, stop the bickering and start practicing so we don't have to lose to Turkmenistan. And please drop your buddy Riyad.
Old April 6, 2013, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Post the logo someone. I hope it's not fugly like the Sri Lankan WC one.

it's from the logo thread
incase you need to be redirected...
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=43304
Old April 6, 2013, 01:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Can't wait. Might go for an holiday to Bangladesh to watch some matches, especially matches held in Sylhet