facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 9, 2014, 02:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

i hardly see any topic beside bd ones ...dont understand the complaints...

Old May 9, 2014, 12:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Dear Dr. Kazi uncle, salaam...I know wasn't available when you asked everyone for help on this and it is too late for me to give input. But I will write it anyway...

Currently BC Forum structure looks like as below:

BanglaCricket Forum:

Forum:
+Cricket:
+Match Archive:
+BanglaCricket Awards:
+Simulation and Fantasy Cricket:

Other Sports:

Miscellaneous:
+Forget Cricket:
+Get Togethers:
+Support:
+Announcements:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my mind, I think, if the structure is laid out this way, it makes better sense to me…

BanglaCricket Forum:

Forum:
+Cricket:
++Bangladesh Cricket:
++Non-Bangladesh Cricket:
++Women’s Cricket:
+Match Thread Archive: (Read Only)
+BanglaCricket Awards:
+Simulation and Fantasy Cricket:

Other Sports:

Miscellaneous:
+Life Outside of Cricket:
+BC Socials - Get Together:
+Support and Help:
+Announcements:

So it is basically the same as you have it except for the “Cricket” section. I think there should be a separation between “Bangladesh cricket” and “Non-Bangladesh cricket” related threads. These cricket related threads are the major bulk of the threads that this forum (BC) carries, and I think it would have been better to have those two things separated for better shuffling through.
Bangladesh Cricket - I would go there for information related to: Any local matches, BD(men’s) international matches, BCB, All BCB arranged tourneys (age group etc.), BKSP, Stadium renovation updates, Ticket price – scalping, Players’ birth – death, match-fixing everything. Everything that DIRECTLY concerns BD cricket OR Cricket in BD, same thing.

Non-Bangladesh Cricket - I would go there to read upon everything cricket related that not a single BD person’s had hand in.

Women’s Cricket - As Women’s cricket following is still contained within a relatively small group of followers here in BC, this is where all women’s cricket related threads would reside - both BD women’s cricket and international Non-Bangladesh women’s cricket related. If the following grows larger in BD some day, maybe you will split them up then and create independent sub-forums for them. But I think we should have a separate Women’s Cricket section in BC, as the BD women’s team’s contribution in the world of cricket is on the rise.

Thank You Dr. Kazi uncle, and that’s all I have to add.
Old May 9, 2014, 03:04 PM
Administrator

We polled. We got feedback. We executed on the feedback. Of course, we can't make everyone happy.

BTW - BK, I'm not BC. I just help out like all the other volunteers. And all 'good' things must come to an end and my time here will do so - it is time for others to step up and take the reigns.
Old May 9, 2014, 05:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
BTW - BK, .....And all 'good' things must come to an end and my time here will do so - it is time for others to step up and take the reigns.
My dearest Dr. Kazi, please don't say that. It hurts me deeply and makes me sad reading what you said...You are indeed one of the most solid BC minds/souls that keep this forum most progressive, positive and good spirited. I learned endlessly from you. You have a genuine big heart and are always most encouraging. You always inspired me to DO THE RIGHT THING. You showed us there is no class separation, no difference between people. You constantly taught us to accept a person for who he/she is. You taught me NOT to judge people. I owe you a lot, Dr. Kazi, for what you helped me become. The day you are gone, we will have no Dr. Kazi to be adored/nurtured by. My mother's gone, father is on his way to die, and if you are gone as well, there will be a massive void.
Old May 9, 2014, 06:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Shotty being admin.
Old May 10, 2014, 12:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
My dearest Dr. Kazi, please don't say that. It hurts me deeply and makes me sad reading what you said...You are indeed one of the most solid BC minds/souls that keep this forum most progressive, positive and good spirited. I learned endlessly from you. You have a genuine big heart and are always most encouraging. You always inspired me to DO THE RIGHT THING. You showed us there is no class separation, no difference between people. You constantly taught us to accept a person for who he/she is. You taught me NOT to judge people. I owe you a lot, Dr. Kazi, for what you helped me become. The day you are gone, we will have no Dr. Kazi to be adored/nurtured by. My mother's gone, father is on his way to die, and if you are gone as well, there will be a massive void.
Arey dhuro!! Shey koi ki ar tumi ki kow? Narri'r taan eto shohojey chira jai na. Doc kothao jacchey na.
+++
By the way, we will all have to RETURN where we truly belong when our appointed time arrives. The emphasis is on "return". Meaning we were there in the first place and that is our destination. Be it our parents, grand parents, us, our children and their next generations.
Old May 10, 2014, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
. You always inspired me to DO THE RIGHT THING. You showed us there is no class separation, no difference between people. You constantly taught us to accept a person for who he/she is. You taught me NOT to judge people. d.
really ? i think i get the opposite feeling from him... maybe its me.

he is a leader but a little too cocky (leaders usually are)... and he is not always right.

and u my friend is an interesting guy.... u sound like a clingy gf in that post....
Old May 10, 2014, 09:14 AM
Cricket Legend

lets get back to topic.... sometimes i feel like i am not in a sports forum rather in a forum for soap opera...