facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 13, 2009, 09:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Religion is like a powerful light...it helps you see where otherwise there would be dark but once you look directly at it, you go blind. (c) Raynman

Old August 13, 2009, 10:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

Players who grow longer beard will get more runs. We have seen this in the case of Mohammed Yousuf and Hashim Amla. Meharab has grown beard longer, so he will get more runs tomorrow. False assumption? Lets see in a few hours.....
Old August 13, 2009, 11:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

In another thought...
Music is the primitive language for soul. If you know music, don’t stop it- use it to communicate with your soul.
Old August 13, 2009, 11:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Jeebus, I am just plain lost now.
Old August 13, 2009, 11:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catskills
In another thought...
Music is the primitive language for soul. If you know music, don’t stop it- use it to communicate with your soul.
Mujhik is the shadhona of life! No mujhik = No shadhona :P
....Lol not that I believe or don't believe in that phrase. just wanted to say it lol. ...Actually come to think of it, I haven't even thought about it.... hmm....
Old August 14, 2009, 12:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
2 reasons, why I think Zunaed might be dropped today.....

1. The pace scenario looks bleak, so, boost the varied spin.
2. Mehrab can bat a bit also.

Looking at the team performances so far, batting is not the worry spot, largely due to the flat deck and to inept fielding to some degree. I'll confess: I am worried about today's match. I am thinking we might even lose.

First, The Vermulen-S.Williams-Taylor-Chigumbura batting - They don't seem to see any demons in our spin. As a matter of fact, 3 of the 4 belted us pretty good in the last match.

Second, they are talking about including another quickie to help Rainsford. If these guys can direct just a few snorters towards the green helmets - big problem. Once these guys start bending their backs, anything can happen.

Statistical reality is, if Shakib had scored his famous century with even twice the number of deliveries in the last match- we would have still called it a "fantastic knock". Although, that would have meant we would have lost the match. One express train from Magura made all the difference.

The same statistical reality says, can't count on Shakib or Tamim to come good today, once again.

Hmm...may be a Mehrab-Mushfiq type late, face-saving partnership will come in handy...
well, we've had two big batting games in a row, so it speaks volumes as to teh flatness of the deck, and the impotence of the bowling attack. so i think tamim, shakib could possibly be counted on to score again. plus shak has only batted once this series!

ash, tamim, rahim, Rock still there who didn't score big last game. although i am not expecting us to score at over 6 runs an over for the entire series, lets see how long it goes.

i really want to see a convincing bowling job, and with nazmul out, that really does dent our bowling. but as long as we have rasel, and a spin committee, we should win.

looking forward to 3-0, en route to 5-0. with robin, nazmul, mehrab, and enam all getting valuable matches under their belt, we are effectively getting a lot of our bench some real match practice.

lets just hope mash can come back to being a tiger in 2 months, and rubel and nazmul are just going through some minor aches and pains.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 14, 2009, 03:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfreak
what was the intended purpose of this thread? Only Ash and Shakib has similar threads on this forum and they are by far the two most discussed cricketer on here. Mehrab doesn't even make the top 20 in terms of performance and/or fan attention. This thread was opened to stir up a religious discussion. That's what it's getting!

If the mods think any of this is inappropriate, they should edit the first post...take out the non-cricket stuff and delete all posts (Including mine) that went "Off topic".
Habfreak,
Why all these tantrems and freaking outs? :-)

Zunaid,
Zealots are aplenty in all walks of life. Cant screw them all
Old August 14, 2009, 03:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Habfreak,
Why all these tantrems and freaking outs? :-)
No one is freaking out bud. If I opened a thread praising him not because of his performance but the fact that he's agnostic; I assume you won't be too pleased about that. You sound intelligent, so I refuse to believe you didn't anticipate you'll get some harsh responses when you opened this thread. You wanted attention, you got it. you wanted an occasion to preach, got it. but don't expect to get away with it without some resistance. This forum is as much a Muslim's as it is a non believer's...so is our country :-)
Old August 14, 2009, 04:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
...This forum is as much a Muslim's as it is a non believer's...so is our country :-)

Good God! No one disputes that, good fella!

I think you're over reading a bit here.
Old August 14, 2009, 09:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

This guy is a joke. His strike rate is unforgivable in this match.
Old August 14, 2009, 09:16 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

One of the crapest ODI player around the globe for sure.
Old August 14, 2009, 09:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

need aftab or kapali in team
Test Cricketer

The real question, as per Wakidul bhai's post in the match thread, is whether this new, more pious Mehrab will continue to wear shorts during the warm up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana-Baba
NO!
Old August 14, 2009, 09:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
i agree with you kana baba
Old August 14, 2009, 09:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

we should neva let mehrab play ODI
Old August 14, 2009, 09:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Guys, leave hujur alone! Its Kapalis fault we lost!
Old August 14, 2009, 09:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
NO!
why no man? we do need strong reserve bench ... see what happened when 1 or 2 players get themselves injured...
Old August 14, 2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
why no man? we do need strong reserve bench ... see what happened when 1 or 2 players get themselves injured...
Juanid isn't injured......(and yes for the reserve..to carry the drinks would be really good)
Old August 14, 2009, 09:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
NO!
Id rather have Alok, Aftab, SN as our bench strength than this hairy faced bum
Old August 14, 2009, 09:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
NO!
Quote:
thats what ICL-ers should be for
Old August 14, 2009, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
again, the "Normally an improvement" part of your argument can't be backed up by facts, numbers or past events. and a person with "No belief" doesn't just do or follow anything; we follow our instincts that humans are fundamentally good. religion creates a Mr. Hyde, a monster that is within ourselves and then saves us from that monster. Way to self employ yourself Mr. religion! guess what? I've stepped outside of those rules, and yet to meet Mr. Hyde. The sky is not falling, I'm not eating babies yet...I'll probably still be burnt in hell for not praising my creator 5 times a day or not going to church every sunday. but u know what? I like to believe my creator is not a monster, he wont punish me for not showering him/her/it with flattery. Rather he would reward me for making the best out of the gifts he gave me. But if he's a mosnter indeed and would burn me anyway...bring it on! I refuse to be intimidated by a moster!

I don't deny or accept God...there's no way for us humans to confirm his existance or non existance! But I certainly deny the man made image of God! Religion is a choice, organized religion is a crime! It brings nothing to society but unrest, violence, unjustified arrogance, "I'm the only one right" mentality based on nothing. good people will do good things anyway, bad people will do bad. But for good people to do bad things...that takes organized religion.
It started from Mehrab jnr. being spiritually moved and having a calm approach in everything....and it's ended (well, not really; still moving pretty fast) in the logic behind existence of God! You have some good points but for a topic quite too much extended from what actually was to be talked about here......Let's quit here, sir; shall we? ...Ar Mehraibbare, eto ashar protidan diti parli na re!!
Old August 14, 2009, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
thats what ICL-ers should be for
Ex-ICL-ers, no?
Old August 14, 2009, 09:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I don't deny or accept God...there's no way for us humans to confirm his existance or non existance! But I certainly deny the man made image of God! Religion is a choice, organized religion is a crime! It brings nothing to society but unrest, violence, unjustified arrogance, "I'm the only one right" mentality based on nothing. good people will do good things anyway, bad people will do bad. But for good people to do bad things...that takes organized religion.
Requires some serious introspection there, bro.
Old August 14, 2009, 09:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Id rather have Alok, Aftab, SN as our bench strength than this hairy faced bum
Nafi, thats quite a distateful and disrespectful comment!
Its not Mehrabs fault that he was picked.