facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 9, 2011, 12:49 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim, Sakib, Hashim Amla
Default Sorry to say...

sorry to say but I am giving up cricket. I started following cricket seriously from 1999. Tehsin bhais forum teststatus.com was the place where I used to get cricket informations and discussions. 12 years...not 5 not 6 not even 10 but 12 years I stayed up night sacrificing my precious time just to see bangladesh cricket reach somewhere. I didn't say they will be the world champs...at least an average team for god sake...while feeding these, with people's precious tax money...why people staying hungry in bangladesh while these cricketers can't even bat...the current score 52 runs for 5...amazing huh! Match fixing...eh

Old December 9, 2011, 01:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock
sorry to say but I am giving up cricket. I started following cricket seriously from 1999. Tehsin bhais forum teststatus.com was the place where I used to get cricket informations and discussions. 12 years...not 5 not 6 not even 10 but 12 years I stayed up night sacrificing my precious time just to see bangladesh cricket reach somewhere. I didn't say they will be the world champs...at least an average team for god sake...while feeding these, with people's precious tax money...why people staying hungry in bangladesh while these cricketers can't even bat...the current score 52 runs for 5...amazing huh! Match fixing...eh

Yup, same here. I have been following since 1999 too and all these times I just expected them to do well and improve. I honestly never asked for a win. But this series has confirmed that all the words that people from all over the world were saying about BD's test or ODI status are actually right. I never wanted to believe that BD doesn't deserve a test status . But our players has proved me wrong. I have nothing against the players as they are definitely not putting up a poor show on purpose, may be they are trying their best. But it's just the mediocrity that's what showing. Blame it on our poor FC structure or the poor management or even the players. It doesn't matter anymore. I think we are going to lose our test status anyway and down the line may be the ODI status as well.

Now with this quality of cricket it's a crime to play at the intl level. To save some respect for ourselves we should just go for the self exile. That will save the our time and will also save us from heart attack.
Old December 9, 2011, 03:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Shock dada...arreyy...Hahahahha...apni Join-i korechen just about 7 diin agey...ekhoni quit korchen...aar bolchen apni ekjon veyr long term bhukto-bhugi...aar kaandchen...aar amra jara 5-10-15-20 years dhorey Pagla garode Kara ruddho screaming yelling now just drooling, Lalla, not Abdur Razzak's Lalla felchi on the floor amra koi jabo??....
Old December 9, 2011, 05:39 AM
Cricket Legend

^ dada jara BC te join kore nai tara ki bhuktovogi hote pare na ? BC te join korar age amar mone hoito ami mone hoy ekmatro ..... je ai chagol der khela dekhe ato time loss kori. Akhane join korar por aktu valo lagche je amar moto aro onk ..... ache . Shock vai apni akta valo decision nichen ja apnar Health and mind dutor jonno upokari
Old December 9, 2011, 06:06 AM
Test Cricketer

This pain hurts its like living with a punctured heart which bleeds every now and then....but I know I will be back for more and so will the others because we live till our last breath....it's just human nature......on a cricketing point of view .....it's like one step forward and two back.....it's an overused cliche but nothing fits the bill better......although it will amount to prejudice to judge Law at this stage but from the outside it appears that he has lost the dressingroom...part of playing a good management role in any sports team is to get the best out of your best players, handle different personalities, keep fringe ones to challenge the established ones. But it is pivotal that he gets the best out of his best players. Now I know it is deffo the responsibility of the players to perform. But unfortunately it is also the most important barometer for measuring the performance of a management role......to round off the argument we are deffo up against a formidable foe.......although they are not as strong as may be the top 4 teams in the world but they are the strongest opposition we could have faced in these conditions

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 9, 2011, 06:27 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Anjelo Mathews,Malinga

I've been following BD Cricket since 2004, In fact I was really surprised how did they gained Test status that quick, Those days the Kenyans were far more equipped than BD. They were very lucky to gain test status. It's more to do with the following that Cricket had in BD, It did the trick. One upset win during the 99 WC against Pakistan was good enough to get test status That was an utter rubbish of a decision by the ICC.
Old December 9, 2011, 07:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

I feel sorry for all the fans who have been suffering for decades with a few occasions of happiness (negligible) . I only started following bd cricket during the 2007 world cup so not as long as some of you guys, Im a huge cricket fan but not a big fan of bd cricket, just follow it during my uni breaks, otherwise you won't see me here, oh and then there nafees as well

im lucky that Im not that attached to bd cricket as much as other fans, that's why I can just watch a bd match, get pissed, then forget about it coz I really didnt expect anything to begin with. i suggest other passionate fans to do the same to avoid heartbreak, just don't take bd cricket seriously, start watching football and support germany like me, they always win, helps me stay happy
Old December 9, 2011, 08:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

This debacle started with sacking of both Siddons and Shakib as head coach and captain . Under their leadership our cricket was sky rocketting . Due to dirty politics from some unscrupulous journalists, ex-captains and BCB directors , BD cricket is paying the price . Our cricket is in ICU now , to save our cricket we need life saving medicines like Siddons and Shakib to be replaced into their respective posts.
Old December 9, 2011, 08:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I'm worried about our new generation, the kids who are at school, they won't be inspired by cricket, in that process our hopes about "someday we will have better players" will be washed out.
Old December 9, 2011, 08:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
I feel sorry for all the fans who have been suffering for decades with a few occasions of happiness (negligible) . I only started following bd cricket during the 2007 world cup so not as long as some of you guys, Im a huge cricket fan but not a big fan of bd cricket, just follow it during my uni breaks, otherwise you won't see me here, oh and then there nafees as well

im lucky that Im not that attached to bd cricket as much as other fans, that's why I can just watch a bd match, get pissed, then forget about it coz I really didnt expect anything to begin with. i suggest other passionate fans to do the same to avoid heartbreak, just don't take bd cricket seriously, start watching football and support germany like me, they always win, helps me stay happy
Following Bangladesh cricket for a lot of the members here, such as myself, is a sense of national pride. We can't just turn our backs on the national team and find some kind of substitute nation. To me, that's probably the most shameful thing one can do, and there's no pride in that.
Old December 9, 2011, 08:55 AM
Street Cricketer

Feel sorry for you guys, as an outsider I can see that big changes are needed but I have no Idea what.

InshAllah we will see some improvements from BD.
Old December 9, 2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Following Bangladesh cricket for a lot of the members here, such as myself, is a sense of national pride. We can't just turn our backs on the national team and find some kind of substitute nation. To me, that's probably the most shameful thing one can do, and there's no pride in that.
No, its not shameful. Its one's choice how he enjoy his time, calling its shameful and has no pride rather foolish if not shameful.
Old December 9, 2011, 09:07 AM
Cricket Legend

This has been a terrible year for us as a cricket nation. Really hope 2012 will bring some goodluck for us . But cannot say goodbye to BD cricket at any condition . its my life
Old December 9, 2011, 09:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
No, its not shameful. Its one's choice how he enjoy his time, calling its shameful and has no pride rather foolish if not shameful.
Precisely why added "To me" before I made the statement. Just like the above is your opinion.
Old December 9, 2011, 09:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i didn't watch even 2 full minutes of the game and i am glad i didn't.i can't have it handed to me 5 times in a row.
Old December 9, 2011, 09:30 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat @cri
This has been a terrible year for us as a cricket nation. Really hope 2012 will bring some goodluck for us . But cannot say goodbye to BD cricket at any condition . its my life
samn here!!!! will die without cricket
Old December 9, 2011, 09:32 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

you shuldnt give up on cricket and if you want to this bad than y not follow indian's cricket or something? they win most their matches
Old December 9, 2011, 09:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Count me in. I have become numb to this humiliating defeat. My expectations have become so low that I cheer every single run as I consider that as an achievement. Yesterday when Tamim hit a six off Hafeez, I felt so happy and thought that shot made my day. But the dismal performance soon followed.

I have been following this gadhas since 1997 ICC Trophy and so it hurts me now to call it quits. Beside my family and oldest friends, I was never busy with anything for so long. I never had passion for a single thing for that long. But for my personal good, I need to let it go. I am very close to giving up on BD cricket.
Old December 9, 2011, 09:42 AM
Test Cricketer

It's upto an individual what team or sports to follow...just like I really don't follow kabadi but afcourse being a Bangladeshi their success makes me proud....being a passionate fan means being there in the good times and most importantly in the darkest hours

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 9, 2011, 09:51 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Since I started following BD cricket in 1997 until now, its all dark hours.

Its worse than living in Greenland where they have 6 months of night followed by 6 months of day. For us, it has been 15 years of night with no sign of the day. At few instances, we won some games. Those were just few distant stars or comets that passed through the dark night sky. Those are not any signs of day.
Old December 9, 2011, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz

Nice advice my friend. Thank you but no thank you. I know what you mean but I don’t think the passionate fans who are following BD cricket for so long is following to get something in return. But what actually did hurt us is that the claim of “we are progressing” is just an illusion. This is not where we wanted to see our team after 10 years of playing test cricket.

I think we all very well understood the capability of our cricket team just after getting the test status. So, at least for me I gave up all the expectations and was happy if they could just put up a fight. But the rise of Mash, Shakib, Tamim, Ash (to some extent) gave us some HOPE!! We were doing pretty well till the end of 2010. Just when we started to believe that we have all the abilities to compete with any strong team in the world, the reality struck . The world cup has actually exposed all our weaknesses. Ouch !!! That did hurt pretty bad . So the reality is we never had solid 11 players to compete at the international level, in fact some of them are just good enough for club cricket. All the wins / progress that we have been witnessing were actually depending on some heroics of few players. Sometimes it was Ash, sometimes Mash or Shakib or Tamim or Mushy. So the over dependence on these key players actually made them exhausted, created unnecessary pressure on them and now we can see the after effects. When none of these players can perform the whole team crumbles. That’s not what you call a progress. That is the reason when for few key players the team move 1 step forward, on a off day they actually take 2 steps backward. I think that is where all the fans including me are getting frustrated. We don’t support our team for a win, we do it for our love for the country and all we want to see is that they are improving and improving at an increasing rate.

I know no matter how frustrated we get we will still continue to support our team with a HOPE that one day we will be able to beat any team in the world !!
Old December 9, 2011, 10:02 AM
Cricket Legend

^
Old December 9, 2011, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

talking about shame, I think us fans who are "sticking it out" are the real shameless ones. Lets face it... BD just does not have the talent pool to compete at the highest level. No matter how much it hurts.. but its true.

I hate to admit, but 2 tier might be our only hope.
Old December 9, 2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Precisely why added "To me" before I made the statement. Just like the above is your opinion.
Well, then, for argument sake what if someone says "Fans thouse who supporting a team that repeatedly get thrashed for decade ... are probebly the most shameless, and has no pride" would it be appropriate? even though it just an openion? I guess not, and that is my point.
Old December 9, 2011, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Quote:
I support germany in football, bangladesh doesnt play football, I don't think Im guilty of anything right? And I didnt say start support sri lanka cricket,I meant one should support bd, but not get too emotional or as you said "proud" about our cricket coz then you're setting yourself up for heartbreak. Id would say some people here get tooo serious about bd cricket and then get upset and depressed. Just enjoy it as a game once in a while with your mates and the blood pressure will stay low

and cheer up guys, surely bd cricket is not the ONLY sport in your lives to look forward to, there are other sports you can follow

p.s i know this is not the place, but just for anyone who's looking for a change , you can watch real madrid vs barcelona tom (remember to support madrid )