facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 17, 2010, 10:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Is Mashrafee bad luck?

both series, against WI & NZ, we lost Mashrafee with an injury for the series, and we won both series by banglawashing them. Is Mash just bad luck or is it a coincidence? In my opinion, he is way overrated and he gives too much runs. we are better off without him, if he wants to come back to the team, he needs to prove himself like everyone else.

What do you guys think?

Old October 17, 2010, 10:49 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallian
both series, against WI & NZ, we lost Mashrafee with an injury for the series, and we won both series by banglawashing them. Is Mash just bad luck or is it a coincidence? In my opinion, he is way overrated and he gives too much runs. we are better off without him, if he wants to come back to the team, he needs to prove himself like everyone else.

What do you guys think?
agree with you.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 17, 2010, 10:50 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Mash is not ominous, but his departure clicks some luck for us as it did in the past.
Old October 17, 2010, 10:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Or maybe just he's a mediocre pacer?
Old October 17, 2010, 11:46 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

You gotta be kidding!
Old October 17, 2010, 11:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Seriously, that's just harsh on someone who already has so much physical battles to deal with.
Old October 17, 2010, 11:58 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Hwre we go. We easily forget about the times this man showed up as a pacer and tiger alone and rest of the team got crushed around him.

This man got spirit. Try having 7 surgeries and stil able to walk, let alone play cricket
Old October 17, 2010, 12:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

WC 2011.....1st match 1st over...bangladesh captain mashrafee bin mortoza is injured in his 1st over of the opening match and shakib al hasan overtakes the captaincy from him........and the rest is history
( i really dont want it from the bottom of my heart....1st part not the history making)
Old October 17, 2010, 12:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Ridiculous thread title.
Old October 17, 2010, 02:00 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

This sort of disgusting mentality needs to change, a man who has given his everything for Bangladesh Cricket is now so easily becomes the bad luck. We really love to ride on the present glories and try to forget everything from the past.
Old October 17, 2010, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru-party
WC 2011.....1st match 1st over...bangladesh captain mashrafee bin mortoza is injured in his 1st over of the opening match and shakib al hasan overtakes the captaincy from him........and the rest is history
( i really dont want it from the bottom of my heart....1st part not the history making)
Bangladesh unbeaten World Champion!
BCB should arrange something to let this happen:-)
Old October 17, 2010, 02:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Mash is the best pacer by a distance that we have got so far. Amazing how quickly we forgot his match-winning leadership against the British.

It needs a lot of mental stamina to become a pace bowler. And getting injured hits a pacer below the belt. He has made come back from prolonged injuries and performed well. I find the thread very insulting to Mash.
Old October 17, 2010, 02:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
This sort of disgusting mentality needs to change, a man who has given his everything for Bangladesh Cricket is now so easily becomes the bad luck. We really love to ride on the present glories and try to forget everything from the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Mash is the best pacer by a distance that we have got so far. Amazing how quickly we forgot his match-winning leadership against the British.

It needs a lot of mental stamina to become a pace bowler. And getting injured hits a pacer below the belt. He has made come back from prolonged injuries and performed well. I find the thread very insulting to Mash.
Old October 17, 2010, 03:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Without Mashrafe, we wouldn't be here where we are right now. He should lead us in WC11. Shakib has time on his side. Heck Shakib can play even better if he is not the captain. The issue is can Mashrafe hold up 10 overs 6 games in a row. If not we have capable backup to fill his shoes.

For the two slips, the bowler should ask for one if he thinks that is needed. The bowlers are the ones who plot to get a batsman out. Mashrafe wouldn't argue because in the HB era he was victimized several times for not having a single slip let alone two.

I pray for his quick recovery.
Old October 17, 2010, 05:40 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: TI,Moyna,Tendu,dhoni

what a pathetic thread and its title!! Mash is by far the best fast bowler bd has produced and he is the role model of the so called heros of today ( shafi,rubel). They learned a lot being alongside Mortaza.

It it was for fun ( like sakib also said it), I forgive
Old October 17, 2010, 05:43 PM
Club Cricketer

Shakib would have had a sense of déjà vu of his own; this was not the first time he was taking over the reins from an injured Mashrafe Mortaza to lead his side to a whitewash. The same template had been followed when Bangladesh beat West Indies 3-0 last year. "Maybe you should ask him to get injured in a series again and then we'll try to find out if this formula works every time", Shakib said light-heartedly. "When I bat I don't think of myself as a captain with specific or special responsibilities. I just play my own game. Similarly, when bowling I try to pick the best bowler to bowl in a particular situation and if that bowler happens to be me then I come in."

http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh-v...ry/482244.html
Old October 17, 2010, 05:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

I have a different view regarding this matter, and I think I am right. Mashrafee as a captain bring the team together and make them feel like a family. As a family team then wants to achieve something good for their country, themselves, and most importantly for their captain. However, once Mashrafee got injured Shakib got a fully charged up team, and lead us to the victory.

Why do I say Shakib is not good in his interpersonal skills?

1. When he went to the stage to grab the trophy, he did not tag along his boyz like ricky pointing does.

2. He didnt even show the minimum respect to call Mashrafee up in the front and let him hold the trophy.

3. Not to mention his arrogant behavior on the field during the 4th ODI.

Shakib is mashallah a very good player, and has a great cricketing knowledge. But he needs to learn few basics of being a captain. It is not only what you do in the field, but also out side.

If you leave Shakib captain until the WC 2011, BD as a team might suffer a lot.
Old October 17, 2010, 06:02 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarbangla
I have a different view regarding this matter, and I think I am right. Mashrafee as a captain bring the team together and make them feel like a family. As a family team then wants to achieve something good for their country, themselves, and most importantly for their captain. However, once Mashrafee got injured Shakib got a fully charged up team, and lead us to the victory.

1. When he went to the stage to grab the trophy, he did not tag along his boyz like ricky pointing does.

2. He didnt even show the minimum respect to call Mashrafee up in the front and let him hold the trophy.

Shakib is mashallah a very good player, and has a great cricketing knowledge. But he needs to learn few basics of being a captain. It is not only what you do in the field, but also out side.

completely AGREE with you on 1. and 2. ...really...mashrafe looked kinda sad..
Old October 17, 2010, 06:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজা
তারিখ: ১৮-১০-২০১০

সবকিছু স্বপ্নের মতো লাগছে। এই মুহূর্তে যদি জরিপ করা হয় পৃথিবীর সবচেয়ে সুখী মানুষটি কে, আমার মনে হয়, সবার ওপরে থাকবে আমার নাম! ৪-০-তে নিউজিল্যান্ডের মতো দলকে হারানো...সত্যি বলছি, আমি নিজেও সিরিজ শুরুর আগে ভাবিনি। তবে এই সিরিজে আমরা ভালো কিছু করব—এই প্রত্যাশা আমার ছিলই। সিরিজ শুরুর আগে আমার অনুমান ছিল, ফলাফল হবে ৩-২।

এটা আসলে দুই মাস ধরে আমাদের অক্লান্ত পরিশ্রমের ফসল। দর্শক-সমর্থকেরা শুধু ম্যাচের দিনে আমাদের খেলা দেখে। কিন্তু এই খেলাটির জন্য আমরা প্রতিদিন কত ঘাম ঝরাই, এটা অজানাই থেকে যায়। সব সময় প্রত্যাশার সঙ্গে প্রাপ্তি মেলে না। তখন দুঃখ হয়। কখনো কখনো হয়তো কান্নাও আসে। আবার যখন প্রাপ্তি ছাড়িয়ে যায় প্রত্যাশাকেও, তখনো কান্না আসে। আনন্দের কান্না।

মাঠে, ড্রেসিংরুমে ট্রফি নিয়ে উল্লাসে মাতোয়ারা সতীর্থদের দেখে অন্যরকম একটা আবেগে ভরে গিয়েছিল আমার বুক। আমি অবশ্য ট্রফিটা হাত দিয়ে ধরিনি। এর মধ্যে ‘অন্যকিছু’ নেই। আসলে এই ট্রফিটার পুরো কৃতিত্ব আমি সাকিবকে দিতে চেয়েছি। বলতে পারেন, ট্রফিটা না ধরে আমি ওকে আমার অভিনন্দনটাই পৌঁছে দিলাম একটু অন্যভাবে!

অনেকেই বলেন, বাংলাদেশের জয়ের দিনে আমি নাকি আগে থেকেই টের পাই। কাল কি পাচ্ছিলাম? এখন বললে কেউ বিশ্বাস করবেন কি না জানি না, আমার মনে হচ্ছিল ৩-০ যখন হয়ে গেছে, ৪-০ হবে। সাকিব-মুশফিকুরের জুটিটায় যখন আমরা ৫ উইকেটে ১৪৫-এর মতো রান করলাম, পাশে বসা সালাউদ্দিন ভাইকে (সাবেক ফিল্ডিং কোচ) বলছিলাম, ১৯০ রান হলেও আমরা জিতব। এর পেছনে ক্রিকেটীয় কারণও আছে। কালকের উইকেটটা ছিল খুবই স্লো। এখানে ব্যাটিং করা কঠিন। তার ওপর বাংলাদেশ দল টানা জিততে জিততে আত্মবিশ্বাসের তুঙ্গে ছিল। অন্যদিকে নিউজিল্যান্ডের আত্মবিশ্বাস গিয়ে পৌঁছেছিল তলানিতে।

যেমন শুরু দরকার ছিল, ঠিক তেমনটাই এনে দিয়েছে রুবেল। এর সঙ্গে আমাদের দুর্দান্ত ফিল্ডিং যুক্ত হয়ে নিউজিল্যান্ডের গলায় ফাঁসটা আরও জেঁকে বসছিল। হ্যাঁ, মাঝখানে ভেট্টোরি-এলিয়ট মিলে ম্যাচটা বের করেই নিয়েছিল প্রায়। কিন্তু মিরপুরের আগের লো স্কোরিং ম্যাচগুলোর ফলাফল আমাকে জানিয়ে দিচ্ছিল, এই ম্যাচটার শেষও হবে উত্তেজনাপূর্ণ।

কতটা উত্তেজনাপূর্ণ কীভাবে বলি! আমি নিজে একবার ড্রেসিংরুমে ঢুকছিলাম, একবার বের হচ্ছিলাম। মাঠে এ ধরনের পরিস্থিতির সঙ্গে অনেকবারই দেখা হয়েছে। কিন্তু কাল বুঝলাম, কোটি দর্শকের একজন হয়ে এমন নখকামড়ানো উত্তেজনায় ছটফট করার অনুভূতি। আমার কথা কী বলি, জেমিকেও (সিডন্স) দেখলাম অনেক চেষ্টা করেও উত্তেজনা আড়াল করতে পারছে না।

সাকিব যতটা সম্ভব মাথা ঠান্ডা রাখতে পেরেছে। শেষের রণকৌশলটা ওর সাজানোই ছিল। কাইল মিলস শেষ দিকে ম্যাচটা বের করে নেওয়ার চেষ্টা করেছে। রুবেলের করা শেষ ওভারের প্রথম বলে চারও মেরেছিল। কিন্তু এ ধরনের পরিস্থিতিটাই হয় এমন—আপনি জিতবেন নয়তো আমি। রুবেলের ওপর আমার আস্থা ছিল। অভিষেকেই ও আমাদের একটা ম্যাচ জিতিয়েছিল শ্রীলঙ্কার বিপক্ষে। সেদিনও চার উইকেট নিয়েছিল। কিন্তু আজ আমার দেখা নিজের সেরা বোলিংটাই করেছে রুবেল।

সব মিলিয়ে ব্যাটে-বলে এটা সাকিবেরই সিরিজ। কিন্তু দলের প্রত্যেককে কৃতিত্ব ভাগ করে দিতেই হবে। ব্যক্তিগতভাবে আমার একটু আক্ষেপ হচ্ছে দলে অবদান রাখতে পারিনি বলে। আমিও তো রক্ত-মাংসেরই মানুষ। তবে আশা করি, আসছে জিম্বাবুুয়ে সফরেই সেটা পুষিয়ে দেব।
যেকোনো নতুন শুরুর জন্য একটা ভালো ‘টেক-অফ’ জরুরি। এই সিরিজটাকে আমি সেই শুরুটাই বলব। নতুন পথে যাত্রা শুরু হোক। বাংলাদেশ দলের সুখে-দুঃখে সব সময়ই পাশে থাকার জন্য আপনাকেও অভিনন্দন!

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...18/news/102258
Old October 17, 2010, 06:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

see he didnt touch the trophy. that means the reporter must have asked him how he felt not being able to touch it and stuff. These things effect the team spirit big time in a long run. Other players may feel that they are not being appreciated enough.
Old October 17, 2010, 07:32 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Seriously, that's just harsh on someone who already has so much physical battles to deal with.
sadly, that's part of cricket. players need to be athletic. mashrafe is too injury prone and his bowling is very mediocre. he used to be good in the old days but now he is not in form and he doesn't deserve to be picked up in the squad.
Old October 17, 2010, 07:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallian
sadly, that's part of cricket. players need to be athletic. mashrafe is too injury prone and his bowling is very mediocre. he used to be good in the old days but now he is not in form and he doesn't deserve to be picked up in the squad.
What makes you think he is not in form? Back your words with Stats.
Old October 17, 2010, 07:39 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarbangla

1. you gotta be kidding me. these are professional players, they know they have to do better than just making the feel like a family. that comes with the captain's job but it's not limited to just that. And he didn't deserve the trophy because he didn't play in it hence he didn't touch it. nothing more to it than that. i wouldn't touch it either in his shoes.
2.why would he be called on the stage to hold the trophy???
3.he shouldn't be arrogant. he should be supportive. More bluntly, i say that he should sit out and recover during the series against ZIM and someone else should take his place as a bowler. i.e. nayeem islam?
Old October 17, 2010, 07:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
What makes you think he is not in form? Back your words with Stats.
When was the last time that Mashrafe done better than mediocre. it's been over a year and he is ALWAYS INJURED! He is just not fit enough to play for the national team at the moment.
Old October 17, 2010, 07:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Just rewind your memory to the previous Series. You will get your answer.