facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 24, 2012, 02:38 AM
First Class Cricketer

"""Cricket Operations refused to work with Richard in running the feeder teams to the national side"""
"""I didn't look at it as a career move"""
"""The analysis was only granted to us by the time we arrived in Sri Lanka"""
"""I couldn't commit to the amount of time they wanted me to be with the team and in Bangladesh, which was 320 days a year"""
"""Although I wasn't actually looking for this job"""
What a dumb Mr.Bypass is....now feed your babies and wife....Just WOW.

Old October 24, 2012, 02:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

It's not surprising that some bd cricket fans are happy Pybus is gone but still don't have the cojones to acknowledge how screwed up BCB and it's administration is. You see the faults in others first but we're never wrong? Even though Pybus gave so many examples of what happens in BCB during his short tenure, over-compensating for our inadequecies through self-denial and delusion have always been a part and parcel of bd cricket, very embaressing and sad, nothing more to say

P.S It's shocking that a national sport team don't have decent sandwiches at training or team analysis equipment? What kind of people are managing the national team?
Old October 24, 2012, 02:53 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
It's not surprising that some bd cricket fans are happy Pybus is gone but still don't have the cojones to acknowledge how screwed up BCB and it's administration is. You see the faults in others first but we're never wrong? Even though Pybus gave so many examples of what happens in BCB during his short tenure, Delusion and self-denial have always been a part and parcel of bd cricket, very embaressing and sad, nothing more to say

P.S It's shocking that a national sport team don't have decent sandwiches at training or team analysis equipment? What kind of people are managing the national team?
Couldn't agree more
Old October 24, 2012, 03:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Richard Pybus said the lack of information on the opposition compromised Bangladesh's World Twenty20 preparation.
What the analyst is doing?? This guy should be ready with it on continuous basis...why should there be delays in this??
Old October 24, 2012, 03:22 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: All players in BD Team

I am new in this forum. Greetings to everybody in Banglacricket. I am always used to follow Banglacricket wherever I am in this world. Now I decided to join here as a member and share my ideas and feelings with you all on your topics in the forum. In addition, I am now in Bangladesh for few months and interested to enjoy BD vs WI matches in Dhaka Stadium. All the best to the friends in BanglaCricket and best wishes (as always) for Bangladesh Cricket.
Old October 24, 2012, 03:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakil_WFP
I am new in this forum. Greetings to everybody in Banglacricket. I am always used to follow Banglacricket wherever I am in this world. Now I decided to join here as a member and share my ideas and feelings with you all on your topics in the forum. In addition, I am now in Bangladesh for few months and interested to enjoy BD vs WI matches in Dhaka Stadium. All the best to the friends in BanglaCricket and best wishes (as always) for Bangladesh Cricket.
Welcome. You may like to post it here:

Introduce Yourself
Old October 24, 2012, 03:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
What the analyst is doing?? This guy should be ready with it on continuous basis...why should there be delays in this??
It's not the analyst. It's the licensing for the software needed for analyzing opposition players.

I'm surprised anyone can really not see who the villain in the piece is. Even more so than LK, Tutul and his operations committee is writ large all over the fiasco.

It was apparent then and obvious now, that LK had gotten enamored of Pybus but the latter had some stringent conditions for coming on board. Two that appears to be top most - his presence in BD and non-interference by the Board.

While the former should have taken his candidature off the table, it is the latter that is symptomatic of what ails Bangladesh cricket. It is the presence of unprofessional, power hungry, and greedy political appointees like Tutul and LK that has resulted in the stagnation of Bangladesh cricket.

What has happened now had happened many times in the past. The Board had reneged on their word many times over. Do recall what happened to Julian Fountain.

Until the Board is cleansed of venal, uncivilized, and unprofessional people like LK and Tutul, there really is no hope. Meanwhile competent and professionals like Saber C. are banished to the political wilderness.

Shame on the venal and partisan politics that is destroying our cricket. This is just a microcosm of Bangladesh.
Old October 24, 2012, 03:30 AM
Banned

Now its all clear to me. So far we have heard Kamal's version of the story. He said Pybus wasn't willing to bring his family down. But how could he? He couldn't sign the contract yet. On what basis he could bring his family?
Kamal said he didn't sign the contract yet but didn't tell us why. Didn't tell us that he promised more leave days than what he put in the contract, didn't tell us that he promised Pybus interference free work environment but he and his sidekicks were abusing their powers. Nicely played kamal.
Old October 24, 2012, 04:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
It's not the analyst. It's the licensing for the software needed for analyzing opposition players.

I'm surprised anyone can really not see who the villain in the piece is. Even more so than LK, Tutul and his operations committee is writ large all over the fiasco.

It was apparent then and obvious now, that LK had gotten enamored of Pybus but the latter had some stringent conditions for coming on board. Two that appears to be top most - his presence in BD and non-interference by the Board.

While the former should have taken his candidature off the table, it is the latter that is symptomatic of what ails Bangladesh cricket. It is the presence of unprofessional, power hungry, and greedy political appointees like Tutul and LK that has resulted in the stagnation of Bangladesh cricket.

What has happened now had happened many times in the past. The Board had reneged on their word many times over. Do recall what happened to Julian Fountain.

Until the Board is cleansed of venal, uncivilized, and unprofessional people like LK and Tutul, there really is no hope. Meanwhile competent and professionals like Saber C. are banished to the political wilderness.

Shame on the venal and partisan politics that is destroying our cricket. This is just a microcosm of Bangladesh.
There is no doubt about it, fault lies with BCB and the corrupt president and non cricketer stooges are the main culprits. If the analyst doesn't have a license for the software, that's utterly shocking. Yet many here likes to call LK the best and most honest president BCB ever had...
Old October 24, 2012, 04:15 AM
Banned

BCB will have fun now hiring a high profile coach.
Old October 24, 2012, 04:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Tamim,Mastan

টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপের আগে ত্রিনিদাদ সফরে আমি দুজন সিনিয়র খেলোয়াড়কে বিশ্রাম দিয়েছিলাম। এরা সামান্য বিষয় নিয়ে খিটিমিটি বাধিয়ে দিচ্ছিল। আমি চেয়েছিলাম, বিশ্রাম নিয়ে এরা ফুরফুরে হয়ে উঠবে বিশ্বকাপের আগেই। একটি ম্যাচের পর ত্রিনিদাদেই রাত একটার দিকে ওদের ডেকে পাঠান সেই দলনেতা। ওদের বকাঝকা করা হয়। বলা হয়, এমন করলে ওদের দেশে ফেরত পাঠানো হবে। মজার ব্যাপার হচ্ছে, ওই আলোচনায় আমার কোনো অংশগ্রহণ ছিল না।’ বলেন পাইবাস।

-- who are these two guys?
Old October 24, 2012, 04:41 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Even though we don't know the internal details but i think the issue here is 'interference'. Good coaches will want a certain level of independence and Pybus is no different. When we hire a professional coach we must acknowledge that he is the expert in the field and go along with his ideas. At the end of the day the Coach is also accountable for the team's performance so it is fair to give him a level of autonomy to make a significant impact in our cricket. I suspect just like the relationship between every other institution in BD and the government, BCB is also unwilling and afraid to let go of control to the coach and let him implement his development plan.
my fears came true
Old October 24, 2012, 05:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

After reading RP's interview with cricinfo...feel like strangling those "directors and decision makers" of BCB
We lost a good coach thanks to them
Old October 24, 2012, 05:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Need a taskmaster/disciplinarian as the next coach, One who'll arrange practice before dawn and end practice after dusk.

Break them mentally and than rebuild them.
There are two good candidates who fit this description. The first one is unattainable because of his media commitments and interest in T20 competitions, i am talking about Tom Moody. The second is conducting practice sessions at Academy in Mirpur-Richard McIness. BCB shouldnt waste time and appoint him. If they are worried about pipeline development then they should appoint another able coach for that role.
Old October 24, 2012, 05:29 AM
Richard McInnes
Manager / Head coach, National Cricket Academy
Former BD U19 Coach

An outstandingly, honest and enlightening interview with Richard P. I hope all read this carefully before casting judgement on him as a person or as coach. A shame to lose a coach so committed to excellence who could have had a significant impact in time and with the right support.
Old October 24, 2012, 05:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer
An outstandingly, honest and enlightening interview with Richard P. I hope all read this carefully before casting judgement on him as a person or as coach. A shame to lose a coach so committed to excellence who could have had a significant impact in time and with the right support.
What to say...it's our loss because of the board's incompetency....we need passionate coaches like him and you.
Old October 24, 2012, 05:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

Quote:
"I couldn't even get the board to sign off on providing healthy sandwiches for the players after training. Players were going down with food poisoning during camps, so I wanted to offer them something better than a fried egg sandwich. I was told I couldn't, because that was all the budget could afford."
I dont remember which tour it was, but once it took BD team 38 hours of flight time to reach west indies, when the world these days are so connected. I didnt want to believe BCB would prefer cheaper routes than players fatigue from traveling.

Well this explains a lot.
Old October 24, 2012, 05:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

eivabe thread khule r sorry bole to kisu hobe na, ei deshe jotodin politician ra thakbe totodin international coach ra jaben ashben... r amader ghorar anda team ghorar andai thakbe... kono unnoti deksi na... jara head coach er master developemt plan reject kore tara to nijerai coach... bideshi maler r ki dorkar... amader sonar kopal shakib tamimer moto dui ta player paisilam ta nahole kobei sob status batil hoye jeto... now i can feel for ATMR vai, why he is always nagging... kissu hobe na ekhane...
Old October 24, 2012, 05:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
eivabe thread khule r sorry bole to kisu hobe na, ei deshe jotodin politician ra thakbe totodin international coach ra jaben ashben... r amader ghorar anda team ghorar andai thakbe... kono unnoti deksi na... jara head coach er master developemt plan reject kore tara to nijerai coach... bideshi maler r ki dorkar... amader sonar kopal shakib tamimer moto dui ta player paisilam ta nahole kobei sob status batil hoye jeto... now i can feel for ATMR vai, why he is always nagging... kissu hobe na ekhane...
First Class Cricketer

From Richard Pybus's detailed interview, while I couldn't agree with his demand to take time off whenever the team wasn't playing (I understand he has family responsibility) and I'm not sure why a professional coach like him even took up the role without a signed contract, the whole saga emphasises the point we know all too well - utter unprofessionalism of the BCB. And unfortunately, with tournaments such as IPL around which only requires a short time commitment and still enables international coaches to make large amount of money, I don't think finding the next coach is gonna get any easier!
Administrator

[I posted this in the other thread but it merits reposting here. Perhaps we should merge the two threads]

Shame on the greedy and partisan politics that is destroying our cricket. This is just a microcosm of Bangladesh.
Old October 24, 2012, 05:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktkeeper
টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপের আগে ত্রিনিদাদ সফরে আমি দুজন সিনিয়র খেলোয়াড়কে বিশ্রাম দিয়েছিলাম। এরা সামান্য বিষয় নিয়ে খিটিমিটি বাধিয়ে দিচ্ছিল। আমি চেয়েছিলাম, বিশ্রাম নিয়ে এরা ফুরফুরে হয়ে উঠবে বিশ্বকাপের আগেই। একটি ম্যাচের পর ত্রিনিদাদেই রাত একটার দিকে ওদের ডেকে পাঠান সেই দলনেতা। ওদের বকাঝকা করা হয়। বলা হয়, এমন করলে ওদের দেশে ফেরত পাঠানো হবে। মজার ব্যাপার হচ্ছে, ওই আলোচনায় আমার কোনো অংশগ্রহণ ছিল না।’ বলেন পাইবাস।

-- who are these two guys?
Mash and Tamim
Old October 24, 2012, 06:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktkeeper
" ........এরা সামান্য বিষয় নিয়ে খিটিমিটি বাধিয়ে দিচ্ছিল........"
Our sports journalists and their language skills - how does "..They were carrying niggles....." translate to the above?
Old October 24, 2012, 06:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_fanatic
Our sports journalists and their language skills - how does "..They were carrying niggles....." translate to the above?
It doesn't. The reference was to interfering in trifle matters. The language seems fine.

The niggles in this case was referring to minor discomfort to those two players. Note how Richard refrained from naming the two.
Old October 24, 2012, 06:13 AM
First Class Cricketer

Justin Langer for our next coach!!