facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 1, 2006, 08:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Default When will we overcome this problem???

Guys,
Including today when we had a good grip of the Sri Lankan's we jst lost it.

Its jst frsutrating to see us not only loose the grip of the match 2day after we made them 199/5 but also that Maharoof scoring 72!!!

I dont mind if a guy who is considered something in batting makes dat kinda score but we always tend to have some body who isn't much considered to be something in batting scoring 50 plus against us.....

I still cnt froget Zaheer Khan scoring 75 agaisnt us.... that was the most frustrating thing i ever experienced....come on...its always sad to see a bowler scorign against us after we got a good hold of the opponents and jst when we are bout to make them all out..some or other guy who is not considered much in batting tends to give us a tough time and today like past times in our test cricket....its again a bowler....

I wonder when we r gonna get out of this probelm...

All other team after they get hold of the 5 top wickets...make the rest 5 wicket go so easily but for us its always a diff story...the remaining 5wkts are kinda a nightmare to us...

Edited on, March 1, 2006, 1:58 PM GMT, by lance_klusner.

Old March 1, 2006, 08:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
All other team after they get hold of the 5 top wickets...make the rest 5 wicket go so easily but for us its always a diff story...is the remaining 5wkts and nightmare for us..
Not really, this is cricket.. You will be surprised how tailenders have turned around match situations. Saqlain, Shoaib and Warne, just to mention a few. And Rafique(no.9) in West Indies?

The pitch at chittagong has been good and the advantage is to the batsmen. Even then we got thru their top order, would you like to see 300/3 ? The match is'nt over

Edited on, March 1, 2006, 1:59 PM GMT, by oracle.
Old March 1, 2006, 09:02 AM
Cricket Guru

It's unbelievable Maharoof scoring 75..
199/5 to 316/6. basically our bowlers got tired and they lost thier brains(in general they don't that much cricket brain comparing to international players).
So now lanka will take this score to 500 tommorrow leading by atleast 200 runs.

not sure if we can score 300 runs in second innings, but i see a fourth day result on the way lanka winning comprehensively by lot of wickets in hand
Old March 1, 2006, 09:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Hmmm! When our bowlers bat well they become alrounder.

When opponents bowlers bat well then the fault goes on to our bowlers?

England: Let go of brett lee, Gillespie and Shane Warne.
West Indies: Rafique.
Pakistan: Vass, Pathan.
Australia: Vetorri.
India: Shoaib.

The problem you have mentioned every team has it. Just like the WK is no longer pure WK, they have become WK batsmen, similarly many bowlers have become bowler-batsmen (alrounders)

Maharoof can bat just like Vass.
Old March 1, 2006, 09:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by oracle
Quote:
All other team after they get hold of the 5 top wickets...make the rest 5 wicket go so easily but for us its always a diff story...is the remaining 5wkts and nightmare for us..
Not really, this is cricket.. You will be surprised how tailenders have turned around match situations. Saqlain, Shoaib and Warne, just to mention a few. And Rafique(no.9) in West Indies?

The pitch at chittagong has been good and the advantage is to the batsmen. Even then we got thru their top order, would you like to see 300/3 ? The match is'nt over

Edited on, March 1, 2006, 1:59 PM GMT, by oracle.
I noe wht u mean but u jst recall back all of our moments whn we had good grip of the match, where we put down 4-5wkts down fast and jst see the condition later..we find it dificult to make the bowlers out fast....we are habituated to this conditions most of the time...other teams they dont face this kinda situtations always like us...
Old March 1, 2006, 09:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

i dun think they will score 5oo tomorrow... another early wicket tomorrow morning and their tail will be exposed.... we shouldn't be worried about murali, dillara or malinga.... mahroof can bat and he is known as an allrounder in srilanka.... so i m not surprised he got some run here....