facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 12, 2014, 07:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Default Bangladesh Fast Bowler Watch

The national team fast bowlers are starting to do a bit better and we have a few youngsters coming up so I hope his can be a place where we come in and discuss them.

A couple of names to mention outside of the national team, exciting prospects, mustafizur Rahman, mehedi hasan rana, Abu haider and Ali Ahmed manik.

Last edited by Gowza; December 12, 2014 at 09:10 PM..

Old December 12, 2014, 09:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I'm gonna end up single handedly dominating this thread. I ma wear it out like a newlywed on her honeymoon.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 12, 2014, 09:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I'm gonna end up single handedly dominating this thread. I ma wear it out like a newlywed on her honeymoon.
Go for it mate the more discussion the better!
Old December 12, 2014, 10:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Go for it mate the more discussion the better!
This thread is about to get jackhammered, lol.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 13, 2014, 02:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

Taskin Ahmed in DPL
5 Matches - 38 Overs - 9 wickets for 110 runs [ econ 2.89 ]

Mustafizur Rahman in DPL
4 Matches - 33 Overs - 9 wickets for 90 runs [ econ 2.72 ]

Both of them have the lowest economy rate among pace bowler prospects in this edition of DPL 2014.

18 years old Abu Haider got the most wicket - 14 wickets in 10 matches @ 4.11 economy rate.
Old December 13, 2014, 02:07 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

They're all terribly useless. Nothing to watch here. /end thread.
Old December 13, 2014, 04:32 AM
Cricket Legend

A lot of these promising fast bowlers just disappear in a couple of seasons. High hopes for Taskin though. He should definitely feature in the world cup.
Old December 13, 2014, 05:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

We need to prepare minimum one bouncy pitch in each of our stadium and allocate DPL/NCL/BCL matches on this bouncy pitch proportionately so that team coaches/captains will be inclined to use pace bowlers more in match situation. It's very important to give pace bowlers friendly wickets to bowl on sometimes to boost their morale. Otherwise we will keep having problems away from home.

BCB should have prepared few pace friendly pitches prior to WC2015 and allocate DPL matches among clubs such a way that each team plays atleast one-third of their matches on bouncy pitches. I understand that club officials are not exactly in favor of such idea, but BCB needs to take bold steps for advancement of our cricket.

Unless we strike a balance between matches played on slow/low pitches and bouncy tracks then we will continue to struggle to find another Mashrafe as there is no incentive to bowl fast on our dead tracks. Look at how many overs Takskin and Mustafizur have bowled in DPL 2014 - not a way forward for our cricket.
Old December 13, 2014, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Almost true, but why would you just give up hope?
Old December 13, 2014, 01:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Hope this doesn't turn out to be a fast bowler crime watch thread dominated by Al Furqaan. BD fast bowlers have a bit of a reputation. Anyone remembers Shafiuddin Babu?

Anyway a good thread. Abu Jayed, Abu Haider, Abu Al Hasan, Mustafizur Rahman, Kamrul Islam Rabbi, Taskin Ahmed, Mehdi Hasan Rana, Shohid et el could be part of a Pace Academy run by a qualified and experienced Fast bowling coach or coaches. How about bringing in both Ian Pont and Wasim Akram for short courses/clinics regulary two or three times a year? The could get involved with the Academy, too.
Old December 13, 2014, 01:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Have you seen them all? How do you know there isn't a Mashrafe waiting in the wing? "Hope is a good thing", my friend.
Old December 13, 2014, 04:30 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

There are no hidden treasures, there are no Mashrafees hidding. I don't have to see them all. If there was one we'd all talk about it by now. Until BCB decides to change the bowling culture, promote fast bowling, create fast pitches, and start separate fast bowling academies with proper staffs, there won't be one to worth watching. So don't blame me if I don't hold my breath. You guys can keep positing some random domestic stats of short bursts and gush over them, but once you put them out there with the big boys, they lose it and be the next villain like Rubels and Shahdats.

Fast bowlers are million dollar investments. They don't just pop up in the corner like spinners or batters do. You could find 10 Kohlis before you can find another Dale Steyn.
Old December 13, 2014, 06:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Taskin is looking like a great prospect, but as per usual these days all young fast bowlers get injured regularly which is not a good thing early career.
Old December 15, 2014, 10:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

^^ If we take both economy rate and average into consideration then Taskin Ahmed is the most impressive in this year's DPL. He has the lowest economy rate so far.

Taskin Ahmed # 6 matches - 12 wickets @ 11.58 runs / wicket - 2.95 runs / over

Last edited by Cricket4All; December 15, 2014 at 12:40 PM..
Old December 15, 2014, 01:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Not just Taskin but Abu Jayed, Abu Haider, Kamrul Islam Rabbi, Shubhashish Roy, Muhammad Shahjada and, even, FReza all have been successful today. I have not seen many a day like this in our cricket!

Are they playing on pace friendly pitches? I highly doubt it. Mashaallah, what a start Taskin has in his career! We definitely need a Pace Academy. Abu Haider and Mustafizur look to be hot Left Arm pace prospects.
Old December 15, 2014, 02:08 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Not just Taskin but Abu Jayed, Abu Haider, Kamrul Islam Rabbi, Shubhashish Roy, Muhammad Shahjada and, even, FReza all have been successful today. I have not seen many a day like this in our cricket!

Are they playing on pace friendly pitches? I highly doubt it. Mashaallah, what a start Taskin has in his career! We definitely need a Pace Academy. Abu Haider and Mustafizur look to be hot Left Arm pace prospects.
Talking about a pace academy. Where is Mr Pont who raised some money from bc members to open an academy in bd. I hope he is not using that money somehwere else...
Old December 15, 2014, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan

Interesting to see video for all these players, If anyone can point.
Old December 15, 2014, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Talking about a pace academy. Where is Mr Pont who raised some money from bc members to open an academy in bd. I hope he is not using that money somehwere else...
hehe. Should a investigation take place? where are the mods lol.
Old December 15, 2014, 02:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

^^ Yeah. A pace bowling academy should be high in the agenda for BCB''s game development committee. Most of the young pace bowling prospects are under 20 years old. Hence it's still possible to fine-tune essential pace bowling skills such as keeping a good line and length, developing an effective slower ball, proper seam presentation to get the most out of the pitch etc.

Heath Streak needs to be given a framework/programme to develop young players like Abu Jayed, Mustafizur Rahman, Taskin Ahmed, Abu Haider etc further so that they can easily bridge the gap between domestic games and international matches.
Old December 18, 2014, 07:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

How good is Mohammad Shahid? any more info on him? his stats look impressive.
Old December 18, 2014, 08:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
How good is Mohammad Shahid? any more info on him? his stats look impressive.
I would say decent. Bowls around 130K, but maintains line and length. During Jurgenson era, he was asked to bowl in national team's practice as the coaches wanted to see his bowling. He didn't appear as he had already committed to "KHEP" cricket tournaments for heavy money (locally arranged tape tennis cricket).

Big tennis ball hitter as a batsman, not that much with cricket ball.
Old December 18, 2014, 08:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I would say decent. Bowls around 130K, but maintains line and length. During Jurgenson era, he was asked to bowl in national team's practice as the coaches wanted to see his bowling. He didn't appear as he had already committed to "KHEP" cricket tournaments for heavy money (locally arranged tape tennis cricket).

Big tennis ball hitter as a batsman, not that much with cricket ball.
Do you think he would be available as a backup pacer? I have zero faith in Abul Hasan
Old December 19, 2014, 04:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Do you think he would be available as a backup pacer? I have zero faith in Abul Hasan
Depends on how much he has developed in last one year. Last time I saw him bowl was almost 10 months ago in BCL. He can be tried, but only after world cup.
Old December 19, 2014, 05:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Should give a few young fast bowlers some games after WC, Australia probably have around 8 maybe more fast bowlers in or around the national team, just names I can remember: Johnson, Harris, Siddle, Starc, Pattinson, cummins,hazlewood, coulter-nile, richardson and not too long ago there were guys like mckay, Bollinger, Hilfenhaus I'm sure I've missed some. They're all getting a go and getting experience which means when someone is injured someone is always ready with experience to step up. I say start giving a few of these talented young fast bowlers some matches, rotate them to help prevent injuries as well.

Last edited by Gowza; December 21, 2014 at 05:59 AM..
Old December 21, 2014, 05:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Does anyone have any news on Bangla stepson Nazmul Hossain? Is he STILL recovering from injury?