facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old June 7, 2004, 01:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

Thanks for the fun guys. I'll check in from time to time. I'd like to echo Wi2debone when I say that I'm now a fan of the BD Tigers.

Old June 7, 2004, 01:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Congratulations to WI and to Sarwan. Well done! The Tigers are still a little underdone, but can take a lot of positives from this series. The negatives that seem to pop out are definitely curable, and will require some more hard work!

Here are the negatives that come to mind quickly:

1. Piss poor catching
2. Poor shot selection
3. Debilitating Collapses (we really need to work on mental refocussing after a wicket falls)

any one wants to add more?

[Edited on 7-6-2004 by pompous]
Old June 7, 2004, 01:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Yep, had great fun here too... only difference is you wont see the end of me! BD fans posts some very interesting and thoughtful messages on this board.

Well what a tour this has been! Had a shocking first ODI match (which had me worried as hell), a very tight 1st test match which BD performed the best they ever have done, saw 3 superb centurys there, 3 by BD, and finally an outstanding comeback by WI with Lara/Shiv scoring hundreds and Sarwan showing what massive scores he is capable of (261*), even at his young age. Overall 6 centurys in only 2 tests.

Both teams will take a lot of positives from this tour, especially the two captains.

Last thing, Wish us WIndians the best for the England tour.
Old June 7, 2004, 02:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Thanks to all the West Indians for keeping this is an interesting board, otherwise it would be an one way traffic. Good luck to you guys!!!

I have no idea when all the BD players will learn the value of patience, concentration, and strong determination besides developing the skills. For now they can do the following:

1. Chess (concentartion)
2. Marathon (patience)
3. 4th quarter comeback in NFL or Baseball(determination)
4. Stop thinking about Indian Lunch and Dinner Buffet while batting, relax everybody will eat, just because hanna/golla got out first they will not finish all the food. And no more eating with hands, otherwise dropping catches will continue forever.....
Old June 7, 2004, 03:35 PM
Retired BC Admin

Congratulations to the West Indies players and their fans. They broke our heart but deserved to win. We still have a way to go. It was a great series both on the field and on the forum.

Special thanks to our Windies fans for making this series even more enjoyable. Hopefully you guys will be visiting us more often. Again thank you and congratulations.
Old June 7, 2004, 03:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

I'd like to echo similar sentiments from a lot of banglacricket fans.

Thank you all very much for being here, WI fans. You people made the series very enjoyable and competetive. Much as I hated seeing your smileys when our wickets fell, I wont hold that against you.

We had a good time with allyuh, and I sure hope you will stick arund to see our first test win in the not-too-distant future.

And finally, congrats to WI on being the better side.
Old June 7, 2004, 03:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

It was a lot of fun the past few weeks. Good news is I still have a job.

Bangladesh has done VERY WELL overall, but we still have a LONG way to go. But I have two management level concerns. One is, I hope we get 3 test matches and PLEASE PLEASE some more practice matches. Every team needs these, and we, more than anyone else.

The WI fans here were very open, even if that meant hurting us with their smileys. I know one of the reasons they were here is that they have come to like our team.

One day our team will be back on more level terms.
Old June 7, 2004, 06:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

I agree, BD needs to step out of Test cricket for half a year and focus on first class cricket, im sure BD team would be welcomed to face any of the Caribbean teams (e.g. Leewards, Guyana, Jamaica etc). BD would gain more experiance under less pressure this way.

However, BD is getting stronger so playing more international tests will only help them improve, how quickly i dont know.
Old June 8, 2004, 08:47 AM
Street Cricketer

At the beginning of the series, I wrote that Bangladesh would win friends and nothing else in the Caribbean.

Well Caribbean peeps like your youngsters and they sure won friends here, but your cricket needs a lot of work.

WI is weak at this time but there was no way we were going to let Bangladesh beat us.

I think you should continue to play test cricket. Your day will come. Your bowling is really weak and while many of your batsmen are technically correct, they have not sorted out shot selection. They will learn.
Good luck in the future - we play Bangladesh at the ICC tournament in England. See you then.
Old June 8, 2004, 12:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Thank you Christine As for our bowling being weak...I think it is our fast bowling department you are talking about! Our top fast bowlers Mashrafe Bin Murtoza, Talha Jubaer, and Sharif are out due to injury or else your bouncy wicket in Sabina Park wouldnot have given you that big an advantage. Hopefully next time you come to Bangladesh, we will get the opportunity to prepare pitches to our liking and hopefully we will have the self-respect and the dignity not to publicly whine and cry like-you-know-who if the pitch was not to our liking Let me make a prediction here and now. You will find it near impossible to avert a defeat next time you guys come to Bangladesh.

Quote:
Originally posted by Madam X
At the beginning of the series, I wrote that Bangladesh would win friends and nothing else in the Caribbean.

Well Caribbean peeps like your youngsters and they sure won friends here, but your cricket needs a lot of work.

WI is weak at this time but there was no way we were going to let Bangladesh beat us.

I think you should continue to play test cricket. Your day will come. Your bowling is really weak and while many of your batsmen are technically correct, they have not sorted out shot selection. They will learn.
Good luck in the future - we play Bangladesh at the ICC tournament in England. See you then.